New PpGD: "Prolonging The Inevitable" (Feb 16th 2012)

The forum for Bleedman fans! Feel free to discuss other comics and cartoons, as well.

Moderator: Mod Squad

New PpGD: "Prolonging The Inevitable" (Feb 16th 2012)

Postby Blood Lord » Sun Feb 17, 2013 12:35 am

Snafu Gold Card Member!

Re: New PpGD: "Prolonging The Inevitable" (Feb 16th 2012)

Postby K13-ZAR » Sun Feb 17, 2013 12:41 am

anyone else think of the second Sherlock Holmes movie when reading this
I'm NOT CRAZY! I'm just unpredictable there's a difference

Postby Blood Lord » Sun Feb 17, 2013 12:41 am

No. I was thinking of the first one.

You know, where it happened the first.
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby K13-ZAR » Sun Feb 17, 2013 12:43 am

oh yeah your right sorry

Postby BeeAre » Sun Feb 17, 2013 12:44 am

Blood Lord wrote:No. I was thinking of the first one.

You know, where it happened the first.

This Mustn't Register On An Emotional Level.

edit: oh that's funny. I didn't notice Valhallen changed my avatar. 9_6
Snafu Comics' Forum Alpha Bro, Staff Writer, Editor, Image, and Keeper of the Jar Brain of Secret President. RIP Ku Ku Ku \(-^.^-)/ U Wuz A REAL N***A!!!!!!!
"We're quite aware of this. BR is no happy rainbow face man. He is simply our neighborhood best fucking poster." ~ Warbear
最後の撃は。。。切ない。Puff Most Epic.
Ladies and Gentlemen, The:
BR

Postby Mir@k » Sun Feb 17, 2013 1:04 am

I can read br in this page a lot
DeviantArt | Tumblr | Twitter
"Bang and Abscond"
24 Karat
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Birdofterror » Sun Feb 17, 2013 1:18 am

Mir@k wrote:I can read br in this page a lot
It almost isn't even charming. It's like he 'is' the characters right now.

It seems way too direct, but that's just my opinion. When I read this it feels like he's lecturing me again.

But on the note of the comic himself, I think we ran into a MAJOR transcription error. Dexter says he controlled, or at least bottled up his emotions during the fight with Mandark. I think we all forgot the part where he said he completely lost his mind and was nothing but primal rage. But you know... "Control."
"It's such a fine line between clever and stupid."

The Chronometal Wars, a fan-fiction taking place in the PPGD Universe. Catastrophe is the only certainty.
Bird oft Error

Postby BeeAre » Sun Feb 17, 2013 1:34 am

How? I am curious.

Birdofterror wrote:It almost isn't even charming. It's like he 'is' the characters right now.

It seems way too direct, but that's just my opinion. When I read this it feels like he's lecturing me again.

What mannerisms, mm?

But on the note of the comic himself, I think we ran into a MAJOR transcription error. Dexter says he controlled, or at least bottled up his emotions during the fight with Mandark. I think we all forgot the part where he said he completely lost his mind and was nothing but primal rage. But you know... "Control."

Hence the subject of losing it being brought up. Because he did.
Snafu Comics' Forum Alpha Bro, Staff Writer, Editor, Image, and Keeper of the Jar Brain of Secret President. RIP Ku Ku Ku \(-^.^-)/ U Wuz A REAL N***A!!!!!!!
"We're quite aware of this. BR is no happy rainbow face man. He is simply our neighborhood best fucking poster." ~ Warbear
BR

Postby Blood Lord » Sun Feb 17, 2013 1:41 am

BeeAre wrote:

is bad? Had to write in detached way, comes through fairly easy.

I liked it. It gave me a good chuckle when I realised what it was hinting from.

Plus it gives a look into Blossom's thinking patterns.

And Bird, I would like to see you do better. The detached way of Blossom describing her moves, and Bell's reactions fit this page nicely.
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby K13-ZAR » Sun Feb 17, 2013 1:43 am

u all lost me

Postby Blood Lord » Sun Feb 17, 2013 1:49 am

K13-ZAR wrote:u all lost me

Right now a tussle is going on concerning how much "BR" is in the story element (How?). Bird is annoyed because instead of interpreting the dialog as a clever reference to Sherlock Homes, he instead marks it as BR lecturing to everyone about something.

IF that is what Mir is talking about, and I'm not completely sure if Bird caught the reference or not.
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Dibullba » Sun Feb 17, 2013 1:59 am

No idea what you guys are prattling on about, but as for this page.... I love this page so much. It has been so long since I have felt something that seemed so emotionally compelling in this comic ever since the Dexter/Mandark fight. Blossom looks to be in total control and focused. I did not even think of the possibility of exploiting Bell's emotions to bring her down to Blossom's level. I can not wait for the next page!

Postby K13-ZAR » Sun Feb 17, 2013 2:00 am

Blood Lord wrote:
K13-ZAR wrote:u all lost me

Right now a tussle is going on concerning how much "BR" is in the story element (How?). Bird is annoyed because instead of interpreting the dialog as a clever reference to Sherlock Homes, he instead marks it as BR lecturing to everyone about something.

IF that is what Mir is talking about, and I'm not completely sure if Bird caught the reference or not.

umm, still a little confused but not as bad as before

Postby Blood Lord » Sun Feb 17, 2013 2:02 am

K13-ZAR wrote:umm, still a little confused but not as bad as before

Well. If it makes you comfortable at all, I'm right there with you and Dib on this one.
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby achthenuts » Sun Feb 17, 2013 2:10 am

So pinpoint at thinking bubbles were to recognize who's thinking ?
I heard you don't accept god
I don't accept fandom/shipping/mary-sue
This is not EVERY users.

Postby Biostar » Sun Feb 17, 2013 2:30 am

Blossom is the only one with thought bubbles. I think the pinpoints are to show Blossom's constant focus.

Postby Glacial Expanse » Sun Feb 17, 2013 2:45 am

I find this fucking well written.
"Nostalgia and border line depression is not a good combination. Looking back at the 90's and early 2000's brings back good memories, but it's also torture cause we're all older now and just realize that life was just simple at one time." ~ comeonman89, Nelly Furtado - I'm Like a Bird - YouTube
Previous Quote

Wulfespinndel
This too shall pass.

Postby Dibullba » Sun Feb 17, 2013 3:13 am

Rosso Rose wrote:I find this fucking well written.

I find this fucking well said.

Postby Havoc » Sun Feb 17, 2013 3:22 am

Dibullba wrote: I love this page so much. It has been so long since I have felt something that seemed so emotionally compelling in this comic ever since the Dexter/Mandark fight.

Agreed, I think this page is amazing, I love everything about it.
I love how Blossom thinks through every move she makes and stay one step ahead of Bell. She has yet to discharge her eye lasers, I wonder what she'll aim for. Also I'm really hoping she'll start landing some blows on Bell, looks like her next move will be grabbing Bell by the wrist, where she goes from there I'm not sure.

Blood Lord wrote:reference to Sherlock Homes

I didn't catch that.

Rosso Rose wrote:I find this fucking well written.

I'm with you on that. Also the fight's really well done too.
User No. 24602
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby CTCFirebird » Sun Feb 17, 2013 9:56 am

Yep, Bell is losing her cool and she's losing. This part seems more fierce than the others. Blossom is matrixing the shit out of Bell while doing the Sherlock Holmes analysis. I also get a sense of that Speed Racer movie ending mixed in all this too.

I think Blossom will make Bell lose her balance, back hand blow her from behind as she spins around and optic blast where Gir is standing as she keeps her focus on the little guy OR that scary Batman thing where he blocks the light from behind until that person notices, turns around in a frightening manner to look, but doesn't want to and... BAM! That's what I see for the next scene from that last panel lol

Blossom should also think about her sisters and Professor Utonium because it looks like she will be close to ending her life by holding such power within like that.

Yep, definitely well written for my taste.

I notice the look on Dexter's face. It is the same as the GT look
I am the Winner

Postby Birdofterror » Sun Feb 17, 2013 12:44 pm

BeeAre wrote:What mannerisms, mm?
Blood Lord wrote:And Bird, I would like to see you do better. The detached way of Blossom describing her moves, and Bell's reactions fit this page nicely.
Oh, don't get me wrong, this is a great page, one of the best so far in my opinion... Like- ever. Beeare is great with words, and is a great storyteller and possible teacher because of it... It's just... I don't know. It just sounds like BR is talking in this part, Not Blossom. That's all.
BeeAre wrote:Hence the subject of losing it being brought up. Because he did.
I've read this part over and over again and can't see what you're talking about. The most he ever mentions is the fact that 'you can't keep it up forever.' He never says:

"Oh by the way, this entire lesson? It doesn't work. I ended up losing my mind anyway and having you killed only to be revived by a complete fluke involving angel Deedee and Grim. But you know, I kept control. This is such a great tactic that I want to tell you all about it!"

He completely lost his mind and had Blossom killed because of it. It was due to outside sources that she even lived. Now he's sitting here preaching from his high horse about this super awesome "Emotional Control" he can muster. Yeah... Uh huh...

I simply am not buying it. At all. Dexter is a train wreck with this shit, and if it wasn't for divine intervention, Blossom would be dead.

...However. All this aside, if there is anyone more emotionally unstable than Dexter, it's probably Bell, so this "lesson" could come in handy... Just so long as it isn't used on anyone who has any idea how to control themselves. Even MANDARK could see through that garbage, and he was put in a mental health institution. I rest my case.

The Chronometal Wars, a fan-fiction taking place in the PPGD Universe. Catastrophe is the only certainty.
Bird oft Error

Postby BeeAre » Sun Feb 17, 2013 1:13 pm

I hate to lecture you again, but you jump the gun so often, Birdot.

Words are small, and ideas can become so very big.

Birdofterror wrote:"Oh by the way, this entire lesson? It doesn't work. I ended up losing my mind anyway and having you killed only to be revived by a complete fluke involving angel Deedee and Grim. But you know, I kept control. This is such a great tactic that I want to tell you all about it!"

It did work. But it was among the most difficult things he had ever done, and when he wavered, he lost it.

Is funny you should criticize him so, because Blossom is aware of the the fact that Dexter lost it. She is also aware of the Divine Intervention and Dexter is most assuredly not, yet she still finds the idea potent.

Tell me, do you find the discussion of these things in the canon to be necessarily linear in their portrayal? I use the sentence rather precisely, given that I have done a half-flashback within a flashback. (ho ho ho)

Before you complained, rest assured, I researched the comics' entire sequence. Chapters Six, Seven, and Eight, n'est pas? The point is, he is explaining the phenomenon that went down before he slipped out of his center.

Blossom knows this. She has to (I, and the audience have to) tolerate Dexter's (my own) tendency to stretch contexts. Within the canon of the story, Blossom specifically must do so in order to appreciate her relationship with him. He's a big nerd, and she still likes him. This is called 'fidelity'. She isn't just going to interrupt him outright. She's the "Everything Nice" part.

Additionally, the difference in intelligence between Blossom and Dexter, I think, is finer a line than you perhaps imagine.

What might Samurai Jack have to say on the consequences of this, hm? Similar to the Way of the Sword, is it not? And Dexter commented, albeit with one word - though personally I think that reflects rather well on Jack - on Jack's performance and preceding soliloquy. If you compare the two, is not entirely unlike his discussion with Blossom on this page. It's a science versus belief thing that deals with the weight of the means and the ends, methinks.

Let me point it out again: Blossom is NOT stronger than Bell. She is doing what she can to stop the bomb from going off. She is not strong enough to take Bell on in a real fight--threatening Gir is more potent than actually harming him, remember?

Good thing Blossom isn't alone. Then again, neither is Bell. *slow emperor palpatine cackle*
BR

Postby Birdofterror » Sun Feb 17, 2013 1:39 pm

The only solace here is that Blossom is a lot more in tune with her emotions than Dexter is. That's a given... I just find the fact that she took a faulty lesson to heart to be rather foolhardy.

I would call this a classic case of "Not learning from past Mistakes," but if anyone here can actually do it RIGHT, it's probably her... I just find that Dexter is trying to be all wise, even though he completely botched his own lesson and it almost led to Blossom dying. You can understand where I'm coming from, right?

Bird oft Error

Postby CTCFirebird » Sun Feb 17, 2013 3:27 pm

Birdofterror wrote:The only solace here is that Blossom is a lot more in tune with her emotions than Dexter is. That's a given... I just find the fact that she took a faulty lesson to heart to be rather foolhardy.

Bird, I'm not sure what you meant there. Can you elaborate a bit more on that. Okay, I get the fact that Blossom is more emotional and Dexter lost that because of what happened to her sister and the fact that ignoring his emotions, thinking it get in the way of things, keeping it bottled in. Blossom might be the key of opening that up, if possible, but what is it that she took a faulty lesson to heart to be rather foolhardy?
I am the Winner

Postby Birdofterror » Sun Feb 17, 2013 4:18 pm

CTCFirebird wrote:Bird, I'm not sure what you meant there. Can you elaborate a bit more on that.
Sure.

Dexter is talking about this whole 'Emotional control while in battle' thing. Dexter himself did this rather poorly, but I'm saying Blossom might actually be able to use it. Actully, let me rephrase. Not 'might actually be able to use it,' instead, she's doing it right now. She already perfected his lesson even though he couldn't.

But I just found the concept that Blossom was taking emotion advice from Dexter in the first place hysterical. He's a train wreck.

I said the lesson was faulty because... well... there was fault with it. Dexter couldn't really pull it off. He failed because of his own 'fault.' Blossom however, may be able to use it without fault. That's all I meant.

Bird oft Error

Next

Return to Bleed Forum (Comics and Animation)