And the good lord sayeth: Come forth The Talk Thread XVIII!

Enter At Your Own Risk (Shit Gets Cray Cray).

Moderator: Mod Squad

Re: And the good lord sayeth: Come forth The Talk Thread XVIII!

Postby Fievel » Wed Feb 13, 2013 9:50 pm

Decent, I guess.
Offended.

Postby Princess » Wed Feb 13, 2013 10:50 pm

I'm offended.
Tuor: Stuff is our resident, hot mess, alcoholic.
Tuor: You foolish fools, no one can tame the stuffaluffagus!
All Men Must Die
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Fievel » Wed Feb 13, 2013 11:30 pm

I think I am too. Not quite sure.
Offended.

Postby Jingle Males » Wed Feb 13, 2013 11:35 pm

I'm so sorry if you are.
I'll try better next time.
LEMON JELLY LEMON JELLY LEMON JELLY LEMON JELLY
fool my bullets are made of suns

Postby Mir@k » Thu Feb 14, 2013 12:01 am

Hello guys! I'm not offended! :D

Mmm... I'm a bit dubious. A friend of mine that i hadn't seen in a fat minute invited me to her birthday party but i'm having a bit of internal conflict about it...

Well, she has various circles of friends, and i noticed in the facebook event that 75% of the people going (who are many) are strangers to me. I'm not socially akward or shy at all but i don't know. Right now i don't feel like being social at all. At least not with so many new people at the same time.

It's in a far, secluded place because she wants to CAMP. It's in a villa/ranch belonging to some of her friends. This scares me (safety situation in this city is currently very very threatening for the main targets to be goofing about in a place where the police isn't fuckign available). Not only is it far and secluded, but there is no transportation other than however it is that she's going to transport us, which means that i can't turn tail if i get bored or something happens.

It's not a magic party (it's thin cow season, no one has drugs or dealers), so everyone will be drinking alcohol, another thing i don't really like when there's people i don't know present as at least nobody gets murderous with marihuana, but with alcohol it is another thing. I don't know them, but i know my friend and the type of person she is and if her friends are anything like her, they'll be the kind of people that is not very pleasant when drunk. Add this to the fact that i don't know most of them and that it will be in a far, secluded place, and my nerves start bitching.

Finally, i have no money at all. I don't want to go anywhere far from here and secluded if i don't even have a bit of emergency money.

Still, i feel like i should go. As in, obligated to go. Because god knows i'm rarely remembered by anyone and she was considerate enough to invite me. What shoud i do? I'm honestly confused.

24 Karat
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Tuor » Thu Feb 14, 2013 12:12 am

Damn, that's a really tough situation, especially with the fact that you'll basically be stranded out there if you go. I can understand feeling obligated to go, though, I often feel that way. So, it's camping at a villa? How does that work? You can always hope to find a room/tent of chill people, hopefully of people you know and are comfortable with and then hope for the best.
"Suddenly Frodo noticed that a strange-looking weather-beaten man, sitting in the shadows near the wall, was also listening intently to the hobbit-talk. He had a tall tankard in front of him, and was smoking a long-stemmed pipe curiously carved. His legs were stretched out before him, showing high boots of supple leather that fitted him well, but had seen much wear and were now caked with mud. A travel-stained cloak of heavy dark-green cloth was drawn close about him, and in spite of the heat of the room he wore a hood that overshadowed his face; but the gleam of his eyes could be seen as he watched the hobbits."
Rest Easy Ethan

Postby Hiroko » Thu Feb 14, 2013 12:28 am

I feel like if you think you'll be that uncomfortable going, then it's probably best that you don't go. I think your friend would understand if you explained your concerns to her?
The Sentimental One

Postby Mir@k » Thu Feb 14, 2013 1:14 am

Hiroko wrote:I feel like if you think you'll be that uncomfortable going, then it's probably best that you don't go. I think your friend would understand if you explained your concerns to her?
My problem, more than anything, is that i'm scared. Irrationally even, in some of my arguments. Also if i don't go, i have the feeling that next year i will not be considered for an invitation, and i don't want that. I need the company.
Tuor wrote:Damn, that's a really tough situation, especially with the fact that you'll basically be stranded out there if you go. I can understand feeling obligated to go, though, I often feel that way. So, it's camping at a villa? How does that work? You can always hope to find a room/tent of chill people, hopefully of people you know and are comfortable with and then hope for the best.
It's not a villa (sry, i confused what the word meant). I don't know what the english name is, but it's LIKE a farm, but with open fields and no barns anywhere nor most farm animals, only a stable and a couple of cows/horses. There is a house in the middle of it all where the people who take care of the place live in (in other words, off-limits to us), but no houses or tents anywhere, it's not a camping site, but my friend wants to make a bonfire and have everyone around it. right now the weather was pleasant until 30 minutes ago when it started raining and now there is heavy fog outside.

I want to give myself the chance to take the risk as i haven't hanged out with other human beings in a while and i know it would do good things for my mind, but the intelligent person in me is saying there's so many things that could go wrong, and my friend is the host. A host that is not very bright and can't organize anything for shit, so i don't think she has accounted for the weather or where we'll sleep.

Anyway offtopic:

This always gets me. That fucking ridiculous out of place filled bowl of cheesy puffs god damn. The guy's clothing and age, the location, the furniture, what he's doing, and for some reason, a filled bowl of cheesy motherfucking puffs for no reason.
Last edited by Mir@k on Thu Feb 14, 2013 1:48 am, edited 1 time in total.
24 Karat
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Hiroko » Thu Feb 14, 2013 1:21 am

I think you mean a ranch? o.o

Anyway...I see where the conflict would be, with wanting company and all. I still feel, from what you've told us, that it might be wiser not to go, if there's such a good chance of things going wrong, whether because of your friend's apparent poor hosting skills, or anything else, really.
The Sentimental One

Postby Mathias » Thu Feb 14, 2013 1:25 am

Have you guys seen this?

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Petoskey- ... 6880529221

She's completely serious. Apparently, so is that Batman.

Postby DaCrum » Thu Feb 14, 2013 1:39 am

Mirak: Personally, I would not. Perhaps you can explain to the host why you don't want to go. At the least, thank her for the invite and say next time when it's in town you will go.
Escape will make me God.
65124_134_12++[CMND PRAMA +49c2]

Postby Panty Anarchy » Thu Feb 14, 2013 1:53 am

Mathias wrote:Have you guys seen this?

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Petoskey- ... 6880529221

She's completely serious. Apparently, so is that Batman.

"We are looking for another vehicle. We have less than 800 to do so. Needs to be reliable, and have enough room for three kids, and two adults. We would prefer something a bit bigger than a car as we have two Siberian huskies and a blue Heeler but we will take pretty much anything at this point."

Crime fighting doesn't pay.
I am thou... Thou art I... From the sea of thy soul, I come...
Soulchild: u thnk evry thng stupid.
DaCrum: Warbear, why did you suddenly become pretty cool? Stop it.
BR:love is just a boner everyone is looking to fart on warbear
Slutty Angel

Postby Mir@k » Thu Feb 14, 2013 1:55 am

I'm talking with one of my other friends that will go and i explained to her what i just did with you guys, and she's encouraging me to go. She says they take care of each other and she'll personally go with a separate vehicle in case she wants to leave, and that i can leave with her and her brother if i'm uncomfortable or something. I feel a bit better now knowing that there's some other people i can trust in there.

To be honest i feel like i have psychosis, and that is what makes me worry about things that might not happen. I don't know. I still have two days before the party happens so i'll take it easy for now, see what they say in the facebook event, perhaps they'll start organizing things.

@Math: Oh damn i'm going to check that shit
24 Karat
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Mathias » Thu Feb 14, 2013 1:55 am

Her status posts are the best because of how straight they are. Also, look into the Petoskey Batman's profile. He was arrested recently.
Last edited by Mathias on Thu Feb 14, 2013 1:56 am, edited 1 time in total.

Postby DaCrum » Thu Feb 14, 2013 1:56 am

Well, I think that's a good escape. Please be safe though.
Escape will make me God.

Postby Tuor » Thu Feb 14, 2013 2:01 am

DaCrum wrote:Well, I think that's a good escape. Please be safe though.

Agreed.

Also, see if she figures out that people will need somewhere to sleep/pass out, haha
"Suddenly Frodo noticed that a strange-looking weather-beaten man, sitting in the shadows near the wall, was also listening intently to the hobbit-talk. He had a tall tankard in front of him, and was smoking a long-stemmed pipe curiously carved. His legs were stretched out before him, showing high boots of supple leather that fitted him well, but had seen much wear and were now caked with mud. A travel-stained cloak of heavy dark-green cloth was drawn close about him, and in spite of the heat of the room he wore a hood that overshadowed his face; but the gleam of his eyes could be seen as he watched the hobbits."
Rest Easy Ethan

Postby Jingle Males » Thu Feb 14, 2013 2:06 am

Good to see Batgirl has recovered from the flu.
Unlike her, crime doesn't take sick days.

Postby Mathias » Thu Feb 14, 2013 2:11 am

She even lost weight from it. I wonder if the photos were taken before or after. She's about at Alicia Silverstone's build.

Postby Mir@k » Thu Feb 14, 2013 2:15 am

Didn't she mention she doesn't give personal info?
Awfully weird considering she's asking for someone to sell her a car.
And below she asks people where to get harder stuff for her suit.

Anyway Awfully disappointing. I was expecting way more insanity. She seems like an average well adjusted person who likes to cosplay, if a bit delusional, but not what i was expecting.

Thanks crum/tuor. I don't know exactly what i can do to be safer, but i'll try to survive.
24 Karat
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Mathias » Thu Feb 14, 2013 2:23 am

Apparently she and her partner actually go out and try to thwart criminals.
http://blogs.lawyers.com/2012/10/michig ... =con%3A105

Postby DaCrum » Thu Feb 14, 2013 2:29 am

NOT FAIR.
Escape will make me God.

Postby Mir@k » Thu Feb 14, 2013 2:31 am

Mathias wrote:Apparently she and her partner actually go out and try to thwart criminals.
Man. I wonder what it feels like to live in a country so carefree that shit like that really happens.
DaCrum wrote:Image

NOT FAIR.
man looking at that is torture haha
24 Karat
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Jingle Males » Thu Feb 14, 2013 2:37 am

Mathias wrote:Apparently she and her partner actually go out and try to thwart criminals.

I still believe in the Batman, because he's the hero Michigan deserves, but not the one it needs right now. So we'll hunt him because he can take it. Because he's not our hero. He's a silent guardian, a watchful protector. A dark knight.

Best comment.

Postby DaCrum » Thu Feb 14, 2013 2:38 am

Like Jesus. I could download things so quickly. Wonder how I compare...

:'<
Escape will make me God.

Postby Mathias » Thu Feb 14, 2013 2:42 am

“take a stand for what[’]s right,” as his Batgirl says.

Lol, they had to add the apostrophe.

PreviousNext

Return to BeeAre's Undesirables