2013 Games!

Arizona Telephone Directory - Illegal Business Operations

Moderator: Mod Squad

Re: 2013 Games!

Postby Hiroko » Tue Feb 12, 2013 1:47 am

I guess. :x But what the heck, though, I checked every single time before trying to resubmit the message, and each time, those posts weren't there. o-o;
The Sentimental One

Postby Tuor » Tue Feb 12, 2013 1:48 am

Because the database was being tinkered with.
"Suddenly Frodo noticed that a strange-looking weather-beaten man, sitting in the shadows near the wall, was also listening intently to the hobbit-talk. He had a tall tankard in front of him, and was smoking a long-stemmed pipe curiously carved. His legs were stretched out before him, showing high boots of supple leather that fitted him well, but had seen much wear and were now caked with mud. A travel-stained cloak of heavy dark-green cloth was drawn close about him, and in spite of the heat of the room he wore a hood that overshadowed his face; but the gleam of his eyes could be seen as he watched the hobbits."
Rest Easy Ethan

Postby Mir@k » Tue Feb 12, 2013 1:50 am

All the posts that "didn't get through" did go through, only didn't show up until they all burst at the same time.
24 Karat
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Mir@k » Tue Feb 12, 2013 1:50 am

So everytime you hit a 500 error, you were actually meant to be seeing the "post submitted succesfully" page.
24 Karat
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Hiroko » Tue Feb 12, 2013 1:54 am

I see. ~.O Pffts, oh well.
The Sentimental One

Postby Whatis6times9 » Tue Feb 12, 2013 1:55 am

I never hit the 500 error page.
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Mir@k » Tue Feb 12, 2013 1:56 am

Too bad, it looks quite nice.

So anyway, from all the games people have mentioned, i think GTA V is the only oen i'm slightly interested in, even though i'm afraid it'll continue GTA IV's style of "realism".
24 Karat
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Havoc » Tue Feb 12, 2013 2:35 am

I kinda want to play Ni No Kuni: Wrath of the White Witch, I've heard good things about it. I could really go for a good JRPG. Another game I'm kinda looking forward to is Dark Souls II.
User No. 24602
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Mir@k » Tue Feb 12, 2013 2:38 am

uh... where are the posts
24 Karat
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Warbear » Tue Feb 12, 2013 2:38 am

uh...
I am thou... Thou art I... From the sea of thy soul, I come...
Soulchild: u thnk evry thng stupid.
DaCrum: Warbear, why did you suddenly become pretty cool? Stop it.
BR:love is just a boner everyone is looking to fart on warbear
Wild Card

Postby Hiroko » Tue Feb 12, 2013 2:46 am

Welps.
The Sentimental One

Postby Warbear » Tue Feb 12, 2013 2:53 am

I am thou... Thou art I... From the sea of thy soul, I come...
Soulchild: u thnk evry thng stupid.
DaCrum: Warbear, why did you suddenly become pretty cool? Stop it.
BR:love is just a boner everyone is looking to fart on warbear
Wild Card

Postby Vegedus » Tue Feb 12, 2013 5:54 am

I really can't think of anything I'm really looking forward too in 2013 besides Bioshock Infinite, and I'm not even that hyped about that one. It's kind of sad really, 2012 had a lot of great games, I wonder if 2013 will fall short. There seems to be a definite Bioware or Bethesda void.

Millo wrote:Starbound, it'll fill the void Terraria left me

Oh, yeah, there's that. And hopefullly most of the things I've kickstarted will come out in 2013. Hopefully they'll come out eventually...
Will make apocalypse themed fiction for food

Postby Q.U. » Tue Feb 12, 2013 6:08 am

Blood Lord wrote:Xbox & Sony > PC

Ohoho, that slaps me on the knee. Good joke BL.

When it comes to performance and capability nothing beats a PC at present.

As for the games available... See, if so many of the game producers and publishers weren't money-grabbing worthless pieces of shit, they wouldn't be avoiding the PC because "Ohh no! People will pirate our game if we release an overpriced piece of shit, instead of buying it politely like the console dudes have to! Oh, no! A thinking consumer! The horror!", they would also not release half-assed and downright abysmal PC ports of console games, nor litter the ones they do release for PC with DRM.
This post is intended for information only. Please do not reply to this message as responses cannot be read or acknowledged due to the stupidity of the user.

Postby Vegedus » Tue Feb 12, 2013 6:17 am

The publishers are money grabbing because they do not focus on a platform with the most piracy and the least profit?

I mean, I love the PC and I think it can certainly be a profitable platform but... I don't really think non-pirates being sheeple that buys stuff is a compelling argument for it's superiority.
Will make apocalypse themed fiction for food

Postby Q.U. » Tue Feb 12, 2013 6:59 am

Yes. Because the main reason why people pirate or avoid buying the game on PC is because the developers don't bother making a proper PC port. So, you made a good quality game with high-res textures and released it on years old consoles that can only handle so much, and thus you limit the FPS to 30, narrow the FOV, and downscale the resolution of textures because good old consoles cannot handle more? Fine. But when you port that game to PC, where newest PCs CAN handle much more than the consoles, we as PC users expect your game to be optimised for the PC in the port. If they release their PC port also locked at 30FPS with no options to change the FOV and blurry low-res textures then you wonder why PC users pirate it? Some people will try to pirate everything, sure, but most will only pirate the game when you ask too much for too little. And since the developers constantly do, they end up seeing piracy rise, and thus get even more discouraged to make good PC games/ports.
Look at the Dark Souls PC port. It was locked at the same resolution as the console version. Then modders came along and altered it, and what do you know? There are high-res textures in the game, they just were limited. Really? You don't pay for a high-end new PC several times more than for a console to get the same experience as on a 7 year old console.
Look at Dead Space 3 PC port. It got all locked at the same graphics as the console version because:
Steve Papoutsis wrote:We continue to evolve our games as we develop them, but we certainly don't target PC as something that's going to be significantly different. We aren't trying to create disparity in the experience that our gamers enjoy; we want to make sure everyone's having that same experience.

Well fuck you Steve. If I own a more powerful gaming rig than a console player then I expect you not to scale my gaming experience down to that of your console players.

See, this has been going on and on for ages now. Console producers keep pushing game makers and publishers to release console exclusive, or to make shitty ports that are the same as the console versions so that people buy it on their precious consoles instead. This is not a good market practice.
(Oh, and while you're already milking the console guys, why not milk them a little more by including micro transactions? A space survival game? Well don't worry! You don't need to work hard to survive at all! Because now EA steps in to make sure you can buy a "make me insta-win the game" DLC! You're welcome! EA - because getting more money and making the game easier for raging 13 year-olds with credit cards is more important than game immersion and survival mood.)

This post is intended for information only. Please do not reply to this message as responses cannot be read or acknowledged due to the stupidity of the user.

Postby Asmodai » Tue Feb 12, 2013 9:16 am

Star Citizen also sounds very ambitious, and lord knows I'd love a good space sim

I'm hoping it will live up to, or better yet, surpass Freelancer... That game was ssssoooooooo good
Mephobiac

Postby Mir@k » Tue Feb 12, 2013 12:40 pm

i appreciate when a pc game has options for removing everything useless so my 7 year old pc can run it.
24 Karat
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Blood Lord » Tue Feb 12, 2013 3:21 pm

Q.U. wrote:
Blood Lord wrote:Xbox & Sony > PC

Ohoho, that slaps me on the knee. Good joke BL.

When it comes to performance and capability nothing beats a PC at present.

My preference isn't based on performance and capabilities. Its the level of enjoyment the games bring me and my preference in how to play them. I use the computer for RTS games only. FPS, RPG, and similar games I prefer to be on console, more specifically, my Xbox 360. I know fully well that the games can cross between, but I don't like the controls when they do it.

Postby Kkeellaacc » Tue Feb 12, 2013 4:00 pm

Unfortunately Star Citizen won't be a 2013 game otherwise that'd be my most anticipated game.
Signature Under Construction

Postby Jingle Males » Tue Feb 12, 2013 4:17 pm

Rayman Legends
LEMON JELLY LEMON JELLY LEMON JELLY LEMON JELLY
fool my bullets are made of suns

Postby Icha » Tue Feb 12, 2013 7:58 pm

Sequel to that Barkley: Shut up and jam gaiden
Etrian Odyssey IV
One time when I was high, I thought I was in an ambulance dying. Turns out I was just eating sherbert.
-stufflikehearts-

Postby NeoWarrior7 » Tue Feb 12, 2013 8:42 pm

I'm updating my list of 2014-15 to Witcher 3 AND Cyberpunk 2077.

Maybe Dragon Age 3, whenever that's meant for.

2013, we'll see.
New Fire Emblem, but that's already out.
I'm sure we'll see more announcements as the year wears on. If nothing else, games we knew about but forgot to be excited for.
For the Greater Good

Postby Hiryu » Tue Feb 12, 2013 8:54 pm

Fummo dropped this on me today.

ImageImageImage
GET A LOAD OF THIS
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Exodis » Wed Feb 13, 2013 2:44 am

I'm surprised no one's mentioned the Steam Box...
Mir@k: Exodis is the little kid of the forum, compared to everyone else.
Grey: From now on i will call you eggy because i don't like x but ex sounds like eggs. i like eggs.
Yog: Exodis, your manner of speech and the way you conduct yourself is beginning to evolve to the point where I'm starting to like you.
Blood Lord: Yup, Randori is a very well respected night elf of the community. His valuable service to the site has brought great blessings to this people.
BeeAre: I'm totally gay for Randori.
Stuff: Exodis, you are learning. Mama is proud.

Deemed as the best, Outlawed as the worst.
Check out my story! Exodis - The Last Savior
The Universal Swordsman

PreviousNext

Return to The Extrovert Booty Society