My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic!

The forum for Bleedman fans! Feel free to discuss other comics and cartoons, as well.

Moderator: Mod Squad

Re: My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic!

Postby Mad-Mutt » Sat Feb 09, 2013 1:01 am

Wow, Dibullba... That's one mean fanfic your spinning.
I'm kidding. Sounds like one heck of a dream.
Bark

Postby Grieffon » Sat Feb 09, 2013 3:01 am

Touching and genius comic: Dreams and Reality

Page 1
Page 2
Page 3
Page 4
Page 5
Page 6

Episode stream link

Postby J-Dude » Sat Feb 09, 2013 3:18 am

Goddamnit, Hasbro! I swear to all fuck, I can't WAIT for the day Copyright reform happens, and paranoid monolithic companies can do nothing but pound sand when harmless fanwork gets spread over the Internet. Bottom line, if you're not making money off it, they shouldn't be able to TOUCH you. I doubt if I was ever going to PLAY Fighting is Magic, but I liked watching the footage, and I know these guys have worked their ASSES off to produce it since day ONE of the brony fandom. Fuck you, Hasbro, and anyone like you!

Now that I've properly ranted, because THAT news seriously pissed me off, let me say a thing or two about this "Equestria Girls" thing. In as much as my optimism for the whole Twilicorn thing has shot ever higher for it.

I love it, I love thinking that my hopes are coming true! That Twilight becoming a princess will evolve the show from a stagnant series of slice-of-life romps forever to a show that deals with a continual storyline, maybe. Visit far-off lands, meet strange new creatures!

Really, my hope is actually that the show will start to reflect the IDW comic. I started reading that lately, and I'm in LOVE with the damn thing. It's perfect, it's EXACTLY the utilization I always wanted to see of MLP's dormant potential.

For those who don't know, the IDW comic, thus far, has been a story outlining a new Changeling invasion by Chrysalis, who's out for revenge! After saving Ponyville from a subtle and "Invasion of the Bodysnatchers" style takeover, the M6 set out to rescue the CMC from the Changelings in their own territory, and the comic shows an ongoing quest with constant attacks by new and awesomely designed creatures, Changeling ambushes and other such wonderfulness.

It gets fucking DARK too! Every niggling feeling you've ever had telling you Chrysalis could be one vile and merciless bitch gets confirmed, as she gets to strut herself like a serious villain. I don't even want to spoil what she does, but it's the kind of thing that might give an age-appropriate kid nightmares.

So yeah, new show direction, and a made for TV movie??? Ooh baby, color me VERY intrigued.   

Also, Chapter 10 of Black Equinox, now available here :-)

http://www.fimfiction.net/story/23282/black-equinox
Harry intentionally used the occlumantic link to see Voldemort's thoughts. He was flicking lit matches at Lucius Malfoy.
"Your pain bores me," said Darth Nonose. "Go fetch Severus. I have some death for him."
Wazit_Blade: "Gah! J-Dude just invaded the thread!"

Postby Kusang_Manalo » Sat Feb 09, 2013 4:59 am

I assume Fallout: Equestria is going to take a beating. One of these days, hopefully, someone will build another Youtube won't be a sellout to Google...

I just long for a day where big companies can ready deliver the insatiable demands of their fanbase. The only reason this is happening is because... they're not doing what the fans are doing--or the fans beat them to the punch in making products.

Would it be great if they have something like a Pony Workshop? You guys know Steam Workshop right? Fans make their concepts there and if Hasbro approves it, they mass produce it. Simple, right? I just hope it is :/
"Screw the social dogma of the intended demographic. If the show is for little girls then that makes me a bitch." - PanPizza
Not-an-animator

Postby True Order » Sat Feb 09, 2013 6:19 am

Awww. I feel incredibly sorry for those who worked so hard on Fighting is Magic, they have every right to ragequit but I'm still sad about it. I was angry about it at first but the more I thought about it the more that anger turned to simple sadness. Getting angry won't help any in this situation, not yet at least. Creativity should never be ostracized (hope I'm using that word right.)

Let me tell you folks, crap like this, is why I am studying law. Ignorance exists everywhere, even in positions of power.

I'm a strong believer in that creative expression is as much a basic human right as freedom of thought. One day perhaps, ONE DAY.

Also, not to belittle your dream Dibulba because it really does sound majestic and beautiful, but I have weird ass dreams all the time and ponies are as much an implied component of it as oxygen is in air. For awhile I was half tempted to write about them in my Lit thread but I decided to just write them down instead.
"Finish what you started human!" - Kamaji from Spirited Away
Overthinker

Postby Mad-Mutt » Sat Feb 09, 2013 7:38 am

True Order wrote:Let me tell you folks, crap like this, is why I am studying law. Ignorance exists everywhere, even in positions of power.

I'm a strong believer in that creative expression is as much a basic human right as freedom of thought. One day perhaps, ONE DAY.

Now I know who to call if I ever get sued over one of my fan projects.
I was watching Game Grumps yesterday and Egoraptor said one of his biggest fear is some ass-hole company suing him for a shit tone of money because he had one frame of something copy righted in one of his videos.

That was kind of a low blow to the game makers at Mane6. They came so far and then out of no where these guys are like, "DUUUR, YOU GOTTA STOP THAT!"

Hopefully they can get out of this, but it looks like its all down hill from here.
Bark

Postby Mr. Sefrol » Sat Feb 09, 2013 7:51 am

I'm... really fucking pissed about the Fighting is Magic news... Like... seriously steamed... I'm gonna be going to be mad over this.

I was a super big fan of it and I think my stomach is raging all hell from it.

Hell, look at what I just found.

LAUREN FAUST HERSELF WAS ON BOARD THE IDEA! THE HELL, HASBRO! (or maybe she heard of their plight and is offering help to them... I don't know...)

Okay, I'm done. I'm gonna go and try and cool off... Guh...
"Cogito, ergo es eggo." A.K.A. "I think, therefore you are a waffle."
An Optimist

Postby Dibullba » Sat Feb 09, 2013 8:23 am

A company has to do what they have to do even if it may not make people happy. I am curious though as to what it was that was illegal about Fighting is Magic to place a cease and desist. Regardless of the reason though, I have learned getting mad about things does not do much to help any situation. The world is filled with people with vast amounts of viewpoints, some of which make little sense to others. One fact remains in this day and age though, if somebody gets offended then they can put others at risk for their own benefit. I just await the day that a group gets offended by something only to offend another group just so that by time a case reaches the highest court in w/e country will end such nonsense. Copyright may be one of those things though that is better left alone. If it gets touched on, even with regular peoples interest to improve restrictions to copyright, it also risks copyright being enforced more heavily.

Postby Mad-Mutt » Sat Feb 09, 2013 8:46 am

Mr. Sefrol wrote:I'm... really fucking pissed about the Fighting is Magic news... Like... seriously steamed... I'm gonna be going to be mad over this.

I was a super big fan of it and I think my stomach is raging all hell from it.

Hell, look at what I just found.

LAUREN FAUST HERSELF WAS ON BOARD THE IDEA! THE HELL, HASBRO! (or maybe she heard of their plight and is offering help to them... I don't know...)

Okay, I'm done. I'm gonna go and try and cool off... Guh...

Lauren Faust to the mother F'in rescue!

This is one of the reason's why I like her as an artist. Even though she's gotten to this point where she's well liked and popular, she still knows how hard it is to get to that point and is willing to help out the little guys.
Bark

Postby Grieffon » Sat Feb 09, 2013 10:23 am

Doing what Mrs Faust said will be essentially making a new game altogether. However, I believe Hasbro doesn't own any rights over pony OCs. If the mane6 team avoid everything that is directly related to the show (release the game without using the official ponies' color palette), they won't be affected by the C&D. After that, someone can just mod them back to the mane 6 and we are good to go. But with some members already quitting, I'm afraid it won't happen.

Kusang_Manalo wrote:I assume Fallout: Equestria is going to take a beating. One of these days, hopefully, someone will build another Youtube won't be a sellout to Google...

You mean the book print project? I fear for that too. I've been waiting half a year for it (and will have to wait another 6 months to get it), it will really sting if it gets shut down as well.

And here's some episode 13 speculation.
   From all the official Twilight alicorn picture seen so far, she looks significantly bigger than other ponies. Not the size of the current princesses, but definitely bigger. However, in this scene, which looks like the ending scene of episode 13, Twilight looks the same, so perhaps Twilight will keep the princess title, but refuse alicornhood.   
Last edited by Grieffon on Sat Feb 09, 2013 10:35 am, edited 2 times in total.

Postby Maru » Sat Feb 09, 2013 10:29 am

I haven't even seen the new episode yet and I'm already disappoint.

Fluttershy: You look just like a princess~
Me: God fuck it.

It looks like my predictions were wrong. They're not gonna go into it gracefully, no, they're dead set on imposing the shit like anime fangirls with MarySues.
My DA
My Soundcloud (WARNING: May contain flat Japanese singing)
Feathers: hiatus'd
Manly Crust Breather

Postby J-Dude » Sat Feb 09, 2013 11:10 am

Dibullba wrote:A company has to do what they have to do even if it may not make people happy. I am curious though as to what it was that was illegal about Fighting is Magic to place a cease and desist. Regardless of the reason though, I have learned getting mad about things does not do much to help any situation. The world is filled with people with vast amounts of viewpoints, some of which make little sense to others. One fact remains in this day and age though, if somebody gets offended then they can put others at risk for their own benefit. I just await the day that a group gets offended by something only to offend another group just so that by time a case reaches the highest court in w/e country will end such nonsense. Copyright may be one of those things though that is better left alone. If it gets touched on, even with regular peoples interest to improve restrictions to copyright, it also risks copyright being enforced more heavily.

No no nononoonononononon FUCK that!

Getting mad does PLENTY of good.

This isn't a matter of conflicting perspectives, this is pettiness, greed, and a corrupted copyright system that lets these people get away with it!

It's a basic human right that people are able to express themselves freely, whether they're using original work or something somebody else created. If they're not profiting from it in a monetary sense, it shouldn't be at ANY risk.

Fuck this shit where we're afraid to run copyright reform "because people might use the opportunity to make things worse". Fuck that, fuck settling for shit-justice because we run the risk of shittier justice. Nothing will EVER get better if we say "oh well!" and ignore injustices. Fuck yes, I'm mad, and so are a LOT of people, and they have every right and reason to be! Because they know BULLSHIT when they smell it!

It's the kind of thing I rail against, be it small things like fucking with fanwork, or big things like corporate personhood. I refuse to let my country or my world be run by assholes wanting to make a profit, because they can bribe presidents and politicians to get their way. It's why I am a MASSIVE supporter of fierce and pitiless regulation, because they NEED to have a boot pinning their neck to the ground now and again so they know who the boss is.
Harry intentionally used the occlumantic link to see Voldemort's thoughts. He was flicking lit matches at Lucius Malfoy.
"Your pain bores me," said Darth Nonose. "Go fetch Severus. I have some death for him."

Postby Grieffon » Sat Feb 09, 2013 11:17 am

Dibullba wrote:A company has to do what they have to do even if it may not make people happy. I am curious though as to what it was that was illegal about Fighting is Magic to place a cease and desist.

It was because the attention they got from the EVO charity. Probably someone got mad that a game like that lead the charity for a good amount of time and decided to point out copyright issues to Hasbro.

If the mane6 take it the court they might win, but they don't have the resource for it, unless they ask for donation which they won't. They can also use loopholes to finish the game, but they likely will not.

Hasbro could embrace the game like Capcom did with Street Fighter x Mega Man, but they won't because it's a fighting game, not fitting of the whole "toy for girls" thing.

Postby Maru » Sat Feb 09, 2013 1:01 pm

....So on the newest episode...Any thoughts?

I think it was a nice tie in to Spike's episode.
My DA
My Soundcloud (WARNING: May contain flat Japanese singing)
Feathers: hiatus'd
Manly Crust Breather

Postby J-Dude » Sat Feb 09, 2013 1:12 pm

Just saw the new episode... eh...

The episode got suitably cringe-worthy when you realize they bagged the wrong mare, but the resolution was WEAK.

Number of problems with this episode, but a big one was that it was rarely funny. Probably the most forced bit of attempted humor was Pinkie's two "NOOOOOO!" scenes.

I liked their whole cheer thing though.

Also, the pony is claustrophobic...? In a fucking CASTLE? Is that a thing? Look, I get she wouldn't like small spaces, but it's a palace with a ceiling forty feet over their heads. If THAT is too much for her, what was the trainride to the Crystal Empire like?

And like I said, this plot's resolution is BULLSHIT. Okay, I'd have bought that the Inspector decided to flag down a random citizen to see what the unscripted version of the Empire looked like, and it just happened to be the pony the M6 were all entertaining by mistake. It's contrived to shit, but I'd buy it.

But THIS? No, EVERYTHING gets thrown out into the open, and the Games Inspector, the one who was ditched at the station and hit twice by mean-city puddle-sprays, decides to defer to the opinion of the random pony... why?

Certainly not because it was a genuine, regular treatment of the Empire to tourists, because she KNOWS the M6 were only doing that because they thought the random mare was the Games Inspector. So why is she suddenly giving them a PASS? What the fuck? This bugs the shit out of me!

Okay, it's cute that they tied two episodes into each other and all, with the "Just For Sidekicks" bookends, but it wasn't worth this total convolution. This is probably more bogus than friggin' "Mare Do Well" 's plot, though still not a worse episode than "Feeling Pinkie Keen" in my opinion.   

Postby Mad-Mutt » Sat Feb 09, 2013 1:14 pm

Random and disjointed thoughts on the latest episode time!

1:    Holy shit! Its Dash's dad! He's no where near as cool as her! But that's still cool to see!   

2:    So... Twi and Cadence really ARE going to do THAT every time they meet. I like how all the others just casually walk by while they do their ritualistic dance of joy and pay it no mind by this point and let them have their fun. But seriously doesn't Twi and Cadence know that if they do that dance too much they'll summon the dreaded Cthulu and bring about darkness the likes the world has never seen. The darkness by the way is colored pink, that's right folks Pinkie Pie is Cthulu's long lost abandon love child between him and some mare he met on Hoof-Hook UP.com.....
What the fuck am I talking about?   

3:    Damn, living in the Crystal Empire would really start to hurt my eyes.   

4:    Hey! A new pony with a cute thick southern accent... CHICKEN!!!! SHE'S GOT A CHICKEN!!!   

5:    Rainbow Dash confirming what we already know. Never trust someone in a position of power. Even if that person really isn't. You know what, don't trust anyone always be on guard. That's the ticket.   

6:    This image is going to be taken out of context soon: http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=pl ... uTQ#t=616s Paused it right at 10:16   

7:    And now we have Shining Armor! Lets see if he can get through one episode without being hypnotized or having rock things on his horn.   

8:    http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=4GJ114kPuTQ#t=949s
Rarity: "I detect a presence I've not felt in some time..."   

9:    Was MY Chicken Mare hitting on Shining Armor...? Back off Armor, I don't care if you are Twilight's brother she's mine!
.... I mean.... boy isn't that funny, hahaha... I didn't say anything what are you looking at?   

10:    Moment of truth time when all seems bad. Rainbow Dash: "I got this." and everything is good again another reason why Dash is best pony.   

11:    Ms. Harshwinny...
... ... ... ... ... .... ............. "Oh, I get it!"   

12:    http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=4GJ114kPuTQ#t=1190s best face in the whole episode. Also, CONTINUITY!!!

All in all I enjoyed this episode more than I thought I would and its all thanks to... My Chicken Mare... she has such a nice accent.   
Bark

Postby Grieffon » Sat Feb 09, 2013 3:29 pm

This episode was rather meh, it felt even more rushed than any typical episodes. I'll talk about it later.

People already decided on her name: Chickadee.

Also first comic of the episode: Why Cloudsdale wasn't chosen

Postby Mad-Mutt » Sat Feb 09, 2013 3:52 pm

And now she has a name. Chichadee. Such a nice name...
Boy what an accent...

Um! Anyways! Here's a cool picture of AJ I found:

Bark

Postby Dibullba » Sat Feb 09, 2013 4:00 pm

If you do not understand that vid then check out these two:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YETVpKSgV5U
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W52rnrwG9p0

Postby Mr. Sefrol » Sat Feb 09, 2013 4:06 pm

@ Mad's pic: Makes me think back to Ganon's CRISIS:Equestria fanfic.
"Cogito, ergo es eggo." A.K.A. "I think, therefore you are a waffle."
An Optimist

Postby punzil504 » Sat Feb 09, 2013 6:02 pm

True Order, as a fan of Roseluck, you may want to stay away from this story, by the author of Background Pony.    Author took the "dropped a bridge on her" trope and cranked it up to 11. For laughs.   

Oh, and as far as today's episode, I liked it more than last week's, but I can't put my finger on exactly why.

Maybe it was the "Dave" reference, or Pinkie messing up her "Big No" twice.

Or maybe because it featured Rarity at her best in regards to Cadence's mane. Speaking of Cadence, they did a decent job of separating her personality from Celestia's or Luna's. It was subtle, but it was there.   
Last edited by punzil504 on Sat Feb 09, 2013 6:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Still preoccupied with 1985

Postby Grieffon » Sat Feb 09, 2013 6:28 pm

Speaking of SS&E, he just recently edited End of Ponies into 52 chapters, and he will continue the fic in March.

In the mean time there's this for BP readers

Postby TheLivingCouch » Sat Feb 09, 2013 7:14 pm

Hmm... yes. Ever the reminder that I have to finish that fic. Just four more chapters to go. Oy...

Also I did see that update recently about Skirts hoping to have the new draft of EoP done sometime in March. This has me very excited. There is no better remedy for a pony drought than some choice fanfiction, and End of Ponies is particularly choice.

As for today's episode I have to agree. It was really kinda meh.    Wasn't all that funny the resolution was bunk, and I saw the whole thing about grabbing the wrong pony a mile away.    I think is is actually the first episode this season to really fall flat for me. Ah well. Here's looking forward to the finale.

Postby Mad-Mutt » Sun Feb 10, 2013 2:33 pm

YES!
I called it, I knew people where going to take that shot out of context and the first ones to do it are EQD themselves.
http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-GFG8CBGSEqU/U ... m45s87.png

I think the joke they used has something to do with English majors or something, not all of their gags are good and some tend to really fall flat, or maybe I appreciate humor that just makes me instantly laugh.
It doesn't matter.
Way to go you wonderful nitpicky bastards and I look forward to the weird youtube videos this will inspire thanks to this screen shot.
... I tend to get excited over weird things when I'm having a major episode of insomnia, so sorry if I'm the only one happy about this.
Bark

Postby Grieffon » Mon Feb 11, 2013 12:16 am

So this has been floating around for a few days

Rumored to be the coming MLP movie that is "aimed for teenage girls". While there's no legitimate source for it, it does look believable, especially with Hasbro's recent achievement of the "Equestria Girls" trademark, which will be used for dolls and doll clothing.

What do you all think? Personally I don't care that much since this will likely have no effect on the current MLP series, but I still think it will not perform well.

PreviousNext

Return to Bleed Forum (Comics and Animation)