My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic!

The forum for Bleedman fans! Feel free to discuss other comics and cartoons, as well.

Moderator: Mod Squad

Re: My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic!

Postby Grieffon » Tue Feb 05, 2013 11:27 pm

Guess this would be a more definite confirmation.

Postby Mr. Sefrol » Wed Feb 06, 2013 3:56 am

I posted about S4 being official ages ago :U But seeing some updates on what is to come from it is nice.

It's either going to be very different or completely the same. I'm not seeing a middle ground here for what S4 will have.
"Cogito, ergo es eggo." A.K.A. "I think, therefore you are a waffle."
An Optimist

Postby Mad-Mutt » Wed Feb 06, 2013 5:29 am

Pinkie Pie reviews The Avengers movie:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gqa_EpU1DDU
(Spoilers: She liked it.)

Pinkie Pie reviews Paranormal Activity:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dKa2eJ1ZfdA
(Spoilers: The movie takes place in a haunted house)

Pinkie Pie reviews Prometheus:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_q4E1pKJiwo
(Spoilers: Alien fans such as myself where slightly disappointed)
Bark

Postby Dibullba » Wed Feb 06, 2013 5:53 am

Man if only it were actually Pinkie Pie doing a scripted review. Chester A. Bum is definitely a good fit for Pinkie, but just imagine the voice and Pinkie being Pinkie while doing reviews. It would be brilliant XD.

Postby Grieffon » Wed Feb 06, 2013 12:38 pm

Mr. Sefrol wrote:I posted about S4 being official ages ago :U But seeing some updates on what is to come from it is nice.

It's either going to be very different or completely the same. I'm not seeing a middle ground here for what S4 will have.

But now we know it has 26 episodes. Also why do you think it won't be middle ground?

This is kind of disturbing of Fluttershy...

Postby Mad-Mutt » Wed Feb 06, 2013 6:34 pm

I made a drawing of a teenaged Scootaloo in a post apocalyptic future.
This too a while for me to draw and I'm pretty happy with how it turned out. Hope you don't mind if I share it here
I just wanted to try and make a cool looking drawing of Scootaloo and this is what I pulled off:

Bark

Postby Mr. Sefrol » Thu Feb 07, 2013 2:25 am

^ Neat :U
Grieffon wrote:But now we know it has 26 episodes. Also why do you think it won't be middle ground?

This is kind of disturbing of Fluttershy...

Don't really know. Just a gut feeling.

And... wow... That is pretty dark. Gonna go look if there are scans of the comic online.
An Optimist

Postby Dibullba » Thu Feb 07, 2013 3:08 am

Postby Mr. Sefrol » Thu Feb 07, 2013 7:32 am

Oh darn. You beat me to the new Mr. Poniator video... AND THE UPDATED DERPILICIOUS? You're on top of things, Dib :U

Don't think anyone got around to posting this though.

Or this.

Also, got a couple pics.

Shyguy Pony
Screwlight Sparkle
Chibies

Also, here's a game to finish things off :U

My Little Hang Glider
An Optimist

Postby TheLivingCouch » Thu Feb 07, 2013 4:12 pm

So for whatever reason I've been on a HiE fic binge lately. Some good stuff honestly, and it feels good to get back into reading again. Anyhoo, here we go.

Why Am I Pinkie Pie - Here is a fun little fic where our hapless human ends op inhabiting Pinkie's body under mysterious circumstances. It's a fun little adventurous romp and is positively hilarious.

What Seperates - This fic is much more solemn and philosophical than the last. The set up is much like Article 2 in that it features a soldier being the only survivor of an unplanned jaunt between dimensions. This one focuses heavily on the difference between human and pony society. Not for everyone but I found it to be a nice little read.

http://www.equestriadaily.com/2013/01/story-mighty-demon-slayer-grooms-some.html - Now this one is cheating a bit since it's more HiE in reverse, where the mane 6 enter the human world. What stands out about this one is that it's an attempt to reconcile G1 with G4. As it turn's out Megan is hailed as a mighty demon slayer and savior of ponies from ancient days. The story focuses heavily on Megan's past with the ponies and how that has affected her as she grew up, and the research done into G1 and harmonizing the two's canon is extensive to say the least. I'm enjoying this fic quite a bit.

Mission Implausible - Ok this one isn't HiE but it's been on my to read list for a while. It's a short little spy adventure for Vinyl and Octavia. Fun little read but nothing much to it.

Postby punzil504 » Thu Feb 07, 2013 5:43 pm

TheLivingCouch wrote:So for whatever reason I've been on a HiE fic binge lately. Some good stuff honestly, and it feels good to get back into reading again. Anyhoo, here we go.

Why Am I Pinkie Pie - Here is a fun little fic where our hapless human ends op inhabiting Pinkie's body under mysterious circumstances. It's a fun little adventurous romp and is positively hilarious.

Hoopy's also writing a spin-off sequel to that story that stars Cinnamon Swirl...    after the poison joke.   
Still preoccupied with 1985

Postby TheLivingCouch » Thu Feb 07, 2013 5:53 pm

Tis true. I have read what's there so far and I am not disappointed. Good stuff.

Postby Grieffon » Fri Feb 08, 2013 2:15 pm

The rumor has been floating around for quite a while, but now we have a confirmation.

That brief review of what happened in 2012 was followed by what’s heading our way by John A. Frascotti; Global Chief Marketing Officer, Hasbro.

Whoa! Mr. Frascotti acknowledged “Bronies”; thanked them for being great fans. My Little Pony TV Movie announced. He also mentioned that there will be a New IP for My Little Pony: Friendship Is Magic. This new IP is for Older Girls; Teenage and above. The name of the IP will be revealed at a special “Pink Carpet Event” at San Diego Comic Con 2013. My best guess is that this is the rumored “Equestria Girls” trademark.

This almost definitely has something to do with the "Equestria Girls" trademark, and I hope it's not humanized ponies.

What's more, apparently the show's direction will be quite different from now on.

(Disregard the 2005. It's just the website name)

Postby True Order » Fri Feb 08, 2013 2:58 pm

My hopes hath skyrocketed.
"Finish what you started human!" - Kamaji from Spirited Away
Overthinker

Postby Mr. Sefrol » Fri Feb 08, 2013 4:07 pm

Change can both be good and bad. Them moving the general age group up could change a few things that made the show we all know and love into something else entirely. The charm it had before could be lost to trying to bend to this new standard. But.. that's just an opinion from the other tip of the iceberg. I do have hope for this big news and I'll keep my hopes up.
An Optimist

Postby Grieffon » Fri Feb 08, 2013 4:16 pm

Well well well... (Spoilers of tomorrow's episode)

And though it will probably never be shown, we know Rainbow Dash's mother is supposed to be Firefly. Fluttershy's parents are the only one left unknown.   

Postby Mr. Sefrol » Fri Feb 08, 2013 4:18 pm

FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF!!! *head explodes*
An Optimist

Postby J-Dude » Fri Feb 08, 2013 5:13 pm

Wow, am I really so clueless that I MISSED that when I watched the preview? Seriously, I didn't even notice until I checked Derpibooru and saw everyone going apeshit.
Harry intentionally used the occlumantic link to see Voldemort's thoughts. He was flicking lit matches at Lucius Malfoy.
"Your pain bores me," said Darth Nonose. "Go fetch Severus. I have some death for him."
Wazit_Blade: "Gah! J-Dude just invaded the thread!"

Postby Ikusa GT » Fri Feb 08, 2013 6:59 pm

Haven't been round these parts in quite sometime how goes the ponying?
Dan Wheldon 1978-2011
Hurricane

Postby Saint Soul » Fri Feb 08, 2013 7:28 pm

it goes great.
"Small muscles, big brain, the heart of a lion."
—Anthony DiNozzo on Timothy McGee
User formaly known as Soulchild

Postby Grieffon » Fri Feb 08, 2013 8:52 pm

They have to wait until IT'S NEARLY FINISHED to do this, don't they?

What do they even hope to gain from this? A cheap knock-off?

Postby Mon-Kitsune » Fri Feb 08, 2013 9:06 pm

To move off topic briefly, as a person who usually records the episode (schedule conflict) and watches it a bit later (and hence tends to pick up the sucessive programs as well) I had an opinion question for the forum. Does anyone else think that whoever it is who is in charge of the other lineup program (i.e. Littlest Pet Shop) is trying to change that show to better appeal to the Brony communty as well? While letting the show run a few weeks ago (I was eating lunch, and didn't fell like getting up and turning the tape off) I heard then tell a joke about Cyrano de Bergerac and my fist though was "What kid is going to have any idea who Cyrano de Bergerac is?" (well, I would have, but I'm hardly a type case). So I'm wondering if they are trying to make that show more "adult friendly" as well.
"For I have heard the Song of War, and to me, it sounds just like "Please, Mister Custer.""

Cogito Ergot Sum, "I think there is something wrong with this rye bread." (Aplogies to Seafrol.)

Postby Mad-Mutt » Fri Feb 08, 2013 9:42 pm

To try and answer you question Mon-K I think that there is some urge there to do that and there kind of always has been when making cartoons. Every thing from shows like PPG to Ren and Stimpy are filled with things like that. More so with the other half of the spectrum. I use to think people were talking shit when they said Ren and Stimpy were gay, but then I went back and re-watched the show and I can't believe I missed it as a kid, it was hardly even subtle and sometimes not at all. Most other cartoons are a lot more careful with their adult humor.
Here's the funniest part in any PPG episode:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6VjNjJ5Xkqs
I laugh every time I see that scene.

I think that the creators of MLP: FIM are trying to appeal more to an older audience, but by a little. They want to acknowledge us while also not completely changing the show.
For instance we all gravitated to the idea of AJ's parents being dead and AJ having to take care of her family and farm with her big brother because it was interesting to us. The creators noticed that and they did it with subtly. The twin shooting star when I realized what it meant was so beautiful yet so subtle and it was brilliant and the fan art it helped inspire is just as beautiful.
So I think you are right Mon-K, but they're just doing it at a subtle pace.

I would like if they make a G5 series to grow from this point and tell more mature stories that don't take themselves to seriously, but take the audience seriously. Even G1 managed to get dark from time to time.
Bark

Postby Grieffon » Fri Feb 08, 2013 10:36 pm

@Mon
They planned to attract bronies from the beginning, hiring the same writers and give Zoe Trent almost the same color scheme as Twilight.

So yeah, today is a sad day for the fandom

MLP online was shut down.
Friendship is Witchcraft was removed entirely from YT - has to be posted on Vimeo
The mentally advance series was removed from YT - uploaded to MF
Equestriagirls.com domain got claimed by Hasbro
And now Fighting is Magic was shut down. Two members of the dev team ragequit, which is understandable, considering that two years of hard work they put into it is now gone just when it's about to be completed. They are still trying to work things out with Hasbro somehow, but there's not really much hope.
Ponykart probably won't be spared either.

Postby Dibullba » Sat Feb 09, 2013 12:45 am

So I had this dream before I headed to work. Though I can not remember all the details in it, one thing stood out that had blown my mind. Essentially what happened is Fluttershy started to glide across the water in the lake when all of a sudden she catches fire above her. The fire was pink that broke off into yellow sparks behind her which looked very similar to the phoenix fire from the parent phoenixes in Dragon Quest. The water was also making waves away from her as she glided across it. It was so freakin beautiful ;_;.

Then somehow the dream comes to an end with Fluttershy having a different hairstyle (pink over, yellow under, with a color stripe that i can not remember) and Twilight with purple and pink skunk hair....

PreviousNext

Return to Bleed Forum (Comics and Animation)