PPGD - Bet, Check, Raise. All In? (01 Febuary 2013)

The forum for Bleedman fans! Feel free to discuss other comics and cartoons, as well.

Moderator: Mod Squad

Re: PPGD - Bet, Check, Raise. All In? (01 Febuary 2013)

Postby Blood Lord » Thu Feb 07, 2013 3:31 pm

They aren't. Bleed doesn't have any interest in the show or the ones made by them.
Stufflikehearts - He is a Sith Lord. I love Blood Lord :3
Jeffffey - Blood, you look at the information someone says, look over what really happened, and reply in a way that makes them realize what they were really thinking.
Light10s - Blood Lord! Your avatars are becoming more epic. You make me feel like getting on all fours and submitting my loyalty and obedience to you.
Fievel - Numerous campaigns and conquests, countless bodies decaying after the abandonment of victorious battlefields. Such is the life of Blood Lord.
Dusk_Imp - Blood Lord is like a celebrity here. Everything he does is pure awesome. ALL HAIL BLOOD LORD
Doctress Who - Why couldn't there be a Blood Lord in every forum? It would make life so much easier.
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Slendy » Thu Feb 07, 2013 9:07 pm

That's saddening to hear. I understand not putting the main characters in, but Professor Paradox isn't as lame as the rest of them and would fit perfectly in this situation. Oh well.
Denizen of Darkness

Postby Blood Lord » Thu Feb 07, 2013 9:34 pm

I think there are a fair amount of characters that could work really well, but they need to keep their focus on the girls as much as possible and on a storyline that could achieve the most desired affect.
Jeffffey - Blood, you look at the information someone says, look over what really happened, and reply in a way that makes them realize what they were really thinking.
Light10s - Blood Lord! Your avatars are becoming more epic. You make me feel like getting on all fours and submitting my loyalty and obedience to you.
Fievel - Numerous campaigns and conquests, countless bodies decaying after the abandonment of victorious battlefields. Such is the life of Blood Lord.
Dusk_Imp - Blood Lord is like a celebrity here. Everything he does is pure awesome. ALL HAIL BLOOD LORD
Doctress Who - Why couldn't there be a Blood Lord in every forum? It would make life so much easier.
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby K13-ZAR » Thu Feb 07, 2013 9:45 pm

truer words have never been spoken
I'm NOT CRAZY! I'm just unpredictable there's a difference

Postby Havoc » Thu Feb 07, 2013 9:54 pm

For some reason, I always pictured ClockWork as Time Squads leader, not sure why.

Anyways, I've been pondering what BeeAre said about Jack, and it somehow separates PPGD and GT.
I wonder how that plays out?
User No. 24602
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby CTCFirebird » Thu Feb 07, 2013 10:17 pm

Blood Lord wrote:I think there are a fair amount of characters that could work really well, but they need to keep their focus on the girls as much as possible and on a storyline that could achieve the most desired affect.

I think they should also balance it out by showing some of the other characters introduced in it even if its focused more on the girls. I think we oughta wonder what they've been up too. I don't think its fair to leave a character in PPGD hanging like that. It needs to be balanced out by showing them from time to time.
I am the Winner

Postby Blood Lord » Thu Feb 07, 2013 11:52 pm

CTCFirebird wrote:
Blood Lord wrote:I think there are a fair amount of characters that could work really well, but they need to keep their focus on the girls as much as possible and on a storyline that could achieve the most desired affect.

I think they should also balance it out by showing some of the other characters introduced in it even if its focused more on the girls. I think we oughta wonder what they've been up too. I don't think its fair to leave a character in PPGD hanging like that. It needs to be balanced out by showing them from time to time.

Has a character been hanging out in limbo? Perhaps because they have not had the chance yet, but if you would stop taking what I'm saying out of context, then all would be well. I am referring to the addition of new characters taking away the focus of the PpG, not preexisting ones. Please stop taking my words out of context, trust me.

To address your point. Its PpGD, its the girl's show. They are the main characters, therefore they need to be the spotlight. We've already had a bit with Dexter, Jenny, and Atomic Betty and its their turn.
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby rac7d » Fri Feb 08, 2013 12:50 am

^
I agree
I enjoyed the first arc but Dexter was the hero and arguably deutragonist while bubbles and buttercup sat on the sidelines. I appreciate what beeare has done by introducing and present supporting chracters that exactly that. Supporting the main characters story. This comic is suppose to revole around bubbles, blossom, buttercup and I guess bell is teachincally a powerpuff girl without being a member of the powerpuff girls. But I consider her a villain protaganist. As of now Blossom overall been lead ( hence her picture in the comic icon) but I hope we see more focus on bubbles later, but that wont happen if she doesnt get a nemisis

Postby CTCFirebird » Fri Feb 08, 2013 7:52 am

Blood Lord wrote:
CTCFirebird wrote:

Has a character been hanging out in limbo? Perhaps because they have not had the chance yet, but if you would stop taking what I'm saying out of context, then all would be well. I am referring to the addition of new characters taking away the focus of the PpG, not preexisting ones. Please stop taking my words out of context, trust me.

To address your point. Its PpGD, its the girl's show. They are the main characters, therefore they need to be the spotlight. We've already had a bit with Dexter, Jenny, and Atomic Betty and its their turn.

Good. Just making (doubly) sure of that. What was running in my mind was that the PPGD would still be in the spotlight even if it showed the other characters introduced. Kinda wondering about Mojo Jojo and others in the lives of the PPG. What I'm saying is that if they would have a big scene later on, they should show them like what they're doing.
Last edited by CTCFirebird on Fri Feb 08, 2013 8:11 am, edited 1 time in total.
I am the Winner

Postby Blood Lord » Fri Feb 08, 2013 12:51 pm

CTCFirebird wrote:Good. Just making (doubly) sure of that. What was running in my mind was that the PPGD would still be in the spotlight even if it showed the other characters introduced. Kinda wondering about Mojo Jojo and others in the lives of the PPG. What I'm saying is that if they would have a big scene later on, they should show them like what they're doing.

Really? Because it seems as if we are on opposite sides of this and you aren't understanding what I'm saying and twisting my words to suit your purpose.

What I'm pointing out is that other characters are getting spotlight time when the spotlight needs to be on the girls, not everyone else. Therefore is going off of the girls, and onto supporting characters. There girls have just become the spotlight in this arc. We don't need to see what other people are doing for curiosity's sake, especially when they don't matter, like Mojo. We already know what has happened to him, and it isn't terribly interesting nor plot contributing (yet, he might still play a role if Dr X hasn't already killed him).
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby CTCFirebird » Fri Feb 08, 2013 1:35 pm

Blood Lord wrote:Really? Because it seems as if we are on opposite sides of this and you aren't understanding what I'm saying and twisting my words to suit your purpose.

What I'm pointing out is that other characters are getting spotlight time when the spotlight needs to be on the girls, not everyone else. Therefore is going off of the girls, and onto supporting characters. There girls have just become the spotlight in this arc. We don't need to see what other people are doing for curiosity's sake, especially when they don't matter, like Mojo. We already know what has happened to him, and it isn't terribly interesting nor plot contributing (yet, he might still play a role if Dr X hasn't already killed him).

Nah. I'm just saying what's on my mind. It has nothing to do with sides or anything like that. Just being neutral and wondering about the others cause it seemed to me that the entire focus was only on the PPGs since the webcomic started. It has nothing to do with you that I am twisting anything or whatever you're talking about. I'm kinda going back to when it started and to where we are right now with this webcomic. To me, there are a few things in this that are unexplained that I don't get, but that's just it.

That will be a twist if Mojo was killed. I would like to see that happen to my fav villain in PPG.
I am the Winner

Postby Birdofterror » Fri Feb 08, 2013 8:47 pm

CTCFirebird wrote:That will be a twist if Mojo was killed. I would like to see that happen to my fav villain in PPG.

Would it really be 'that much' of a twist? He hasn't shown up in like 300 pages, it's like he's already dead. :unsure:

But seriously, the first half of this entire comic was more about Dexter than PPG. Not that there's anything wrong with that, his story was a great one. Now it's actually about the PPG. Actually? Now that I think about it it's more OC than PPG at this point. All of the main villains from the main story are kind of gone. Him is in GT, Mojo is gone forever and the RRB are more than likely never coming back. It's not even its source material anymore. I guess that could be seen as a good thing.
"It's such a fine line between clever and stupid."

The Chronometal Wars, a fan-fiction taking place in the PPGD Universe. Catastrophe is the only certainty.
Bird oft Error

Postby Havoc » Fri Feb 08, 2013 11:06 pm

Blood Lord wrote:(yet, he might still play a role if Dr X hasn't already killed him).

Okay, I'm now kinda hoping this will happen, because the way I picture it in my head, it looks pretty badass.
I imagine Dr.X snapping Mojo's neck.

Birdofterror wrote:All of the main villains from the main story are kind of gone.

I actually prefer it this way. It's kind of like a fresh start on things, in a way goes along with the PPG moving to a new town theme.

I agree that this arc should be devoted to the PPG, as should most of this comic. But hopefully, we'll get a few sub chapters sometime in the future, that will answer some questions about some of the other characters.

By the way, since the subject was partly brought up, I have to ask. Do you think we'll ever hear anything about Atomic Betty ever again?
User No. 24602
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby CTCFirebird » Fri Feb 08, 2013 11:46 pm

Birdofterror wrote:
CTCFirebird wrote:That will be a twist if Mojo was killed. I would like to see that happen to my fav villain in PPG.

Would it really be 'that much' of a twist? He hasn't shown up in like 300 pages, it's like he's already dead. :unsure:

But seriously, the first half of this entire comic was more about Dexter than PPG. Not that there's anything wrong with that, his story was a great one. Now it's actually about the PPG. Actually? Now that I think about it it's more OC than PPG at this point. All of the main villains from the main story are kind of gone. Him is in GT, Mojo is gone forever and the RRB are more than likely never coming back. It's not even its source material anymore. I guess that could be seen as a good thing.

Well, not that much. You do bring up a good point though.

Yeah, I gotta admit that Dexter did. Especially when Otto showed Blossom how odd Dexter can be and with his sister, DeeDee's death and the part where he has to save Blossom. Still, feel sorry for the death of Mandark and DeeDee. I guess that Dexter may not have a choice, but to uh... Be with her because they both lost loved ones. Well, I guess the story had to be somewhere with Bell as the focus. Haven't been keeping up with GT. I might read that some other time. HIM? Interesting! I hope to the gods that the RRBs do come back XD. Surprising that one of my fav voice actors voiced two RRBs (Rob Paulsen, the original voice of Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles 1987 Raph). It's like no wonder the RRBs are my most favs apart from the PPGs and Mojo Jojo. I wouldn't say that the RRBs not coming back is a good thing lol. IMO, thats a bad thing lol. Don't make me cry :'( , but I wouldn't care if BeeAre and Bleedman have them killed or live. Wonder whats taking them so long to make an appearance back? I mean how much training do they need? I think they need an education than training since they seem to be more stronger than their female counterparts (brain vs brawn), but their power cancels out each other...

I think the way to stop this destruction from happening should be a code: :up: :up: :down: :down: :left: :right: :left: :right: B A lol

Birdofterror wrote:By the way, since the subject was partly brought up, I have to ask. Do you think we'll ever hear anything about Atomic Betty ever again?

I figure since Monkey is in space, he and Atomic Betty would meet soon.
I am the Winner

Postby Blood Lord » Sat Feb 09, 2013 1:09 am

CTCFirebird wrote:
Birdofterror wrote:By the way, since the subject was partly brought up, I have to ask. Do you think we'll ever hear anything about Atomic Betty ever again?

I figure since Monkey is in space, he and Atomic Betty would meet soon.

Probably not. The last we saw Atomic Betty, she was taken to Earth (possibly Galactic Guardian Center or hospital for medical attention). Point is she is on Earth, either in the hospital, or still in recovery. I also suspect that not enough time has passed for her injuries to have fully healed to be in battle ready condition.

I suspect we'll see her again though, just not now nor in space.
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Havoc » Mon Feb 11, 2013 1:08 am

Blood Lord wrote:Probably not. The last we saw Atomic Betty, she was taken to Earth (possibly Galactic Guardian Center or hospital for medical attention). Point is she is on Earth, either in the hospital, or still in recovery. I also suspect that not enough time has passed for her injuries to have fully healed to be in battle ready condition.

I expect the next time we'll see her, she'll be in the hospital or the Galactic Guardian infirmary, like you said. I also expect that her crew (the green dude, and the robot) are more than likely dead at this point, and that she probably won't take the news too well.
User No. 24602
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Blood Lord » Mon Feb 11, 2013 1:11 am

Nope. But it does leave the ability to have her team recreated. New people can be easily introduced there. Or Betty just goes all Punisher on everything.
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Havoc » Mon Feb 11, 2013 1:37 am

It would be interesting too see who she would team up with, but I'd be more interested to see her go all rogue, and bad ass.
User No. 24602
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby CTCFirebird » Mon Feb 11, 2013 9:33 am

Havoc751 wrote:It would be interesting too see who she would team up with, but I'd be more interested to see her go all rogue, and bad ass.

That I would like to see!
I am the Winner

Postby Birdofterror » Tue Feb 12, 2013 1:35 am

Eh, it would be a wasted opportunity to have her go rogue instead of getting three cameos back to back to back. I'm sure (If she is even still alive) that she will get a completely new crew.

And by new I mean people we've already seen, just new for her.
"It's such a fine line between clever and stupid."

The Chronometal Wars, a fan-fiction taking place in the PPGD Universe. Catastrophe is the only certainty.
Bird oft Error

Postby Havoc » Tue Feb 12, 2013 2:21 am

I still like the idea of her going rogue, just because it sounded pretty kickass, the way Blood Lord put it. Especially if she dresses in all black like the Punisher.

Birdofterror wrote:(If she is even still alive)

Most likely she is, I mean she was still alive when she was take back to Earth, I'd hate to think she died in the hospital.

Birdofterror wrote:And by new I mean people we've already seen, just new for her.

I could totally see Dib being one of the members in her new crew.
User No. 24602
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Mon-Kitsune » Tue Feb 12, 2013 8:50 am

Havoc751 wrote:I still like the idea of her going rogue, just because it sounded pretty kickass, the way Blood Lord put it. Especially if she dresses in all black like the Punisher.

Birdofterror wrote:(If she is even still alive)

Most likely she is, I mean she was still alive when she was take back to Earth, I'd hate to think she died in the hospital.

Birdofterror wrote:And by new I mean people we've already seen, just new for her.

I could totally see Dib being one of the members in her new crew.

Possibly, though I suppose they could also go "standard" plot and make her new crew simply be others from the Galatic Guardians program; probably those three unnamed* junior cadets from the show (who depending on when this is happening with regards to Betty's personal time line, may not be so little anymore)

*In a fanfic I wrote, I referred to one of the three (the one with the tiger stripes on her face and the odangoes) as Sherani, but officially they have no names in the series.
"For I have heard the Song of War, and to me, it sounds just like "Please, Mister Custer.""

Cogito Ergot Sum, "I think there is something wrong with this rye bread." (Aplogies to Seafrol.)

Postby rac7d » Wed Feb 13, 2013 1:18 pm

Since I've been I here I noticed bleedman always posting a page for arpr fools day, and as of recently chrithmas, he should do a page for valentines day

Postby Blood Lord » Wed Feb 13, 2013 1:49 pm

I think he does, umm... "interesting" fanart for V-Day. But I agree, a Valentine's page would be cool.
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby BeeAre » Wed Feb 13, 2013 8:17 pm

Birdofterror wrote:the RRB are more than likely never coming back.

They are coming back.
Snafu Comics' Forum Alpha Bro, Staff Writer, Editor, Image, and Keeper of the Jar Brain of Secret President. RIP Ku Ku Ku \(-^.^-)/ U Wuz A REAL N***A!!!!!!!
"We're quite aware of this. BR is no happy rainbow face man. He is simply our neighborhood best fucking poster." ~ Warbear
最後の撃は。。。切ない。Puff Most Epic.
Ladies and Gentlemen, The:
BR

PreviousNext

Return to Bleed Forum (Comics and Animation)