Snafu Therapy Thread. *TRIGGER WARNINGS* This topic is under Mod protection

A Free And Independent Scotland.

Moderator: Mod Squad

Re: Snafu Therapy Thread.

Postby True Order » Sat Dec 29, 2012 4:09 pm

Welp, the deed is done.

Not sure what to say.

We buried her under a tree near another buried cat. The previous was a stray who had only been around for a couple weeks. But Angela had been with us since I was 3-4 years old.

And apparently she was having some serious convulsions/seizures mere hours before her appointment. Needless to say she was taken early.

Poor kitty.
"Finish what you started human!" - Kamaji from Spirited Away
Overthinker

Postby Whatis6times9 » Sat Dec 29, 2012 7:13 pm

I would have made the same choice, it's about quality not quantity of life.
ButtStuff: I love you, too.
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby DaCrum » Sat Dec 29, 2012 8:02 pm

When my first 20 year old cat died, we didn't take him to a vet. Much like every pet that has died in my lifetime, I found him when he passed. We were both in my living room, and he was slowly dying in the corner. Blind, deaf... Not a pretty sight. Death is a part of life. It's part of the cycle of it all. And much like that great circle of life Mufasa once talked about, she continues to live in the trees she has become, and in the memory you hold of her. Cherish them, but don't be controlled by sadness, but overwhelmed with happiness of her life.
Escape will make me God.
65124_134_12++[CMND PRAMA +49c2]

Postby Yog » Wed Jan 02, 2013 9:48 am

It is better to celebrate a life well lived, than mourn an untimely but inevitable death.
Resident Old God

Postby Mr. Sefrol » Sat Jan 19, 2013 7:26 am

So right now I'm not feeling all too wonderful and cheery. Gramps caught pneumonia from all the times he just sits outside all day waiting for his wife (who I still despise) to come home from god knows what. So now he's being treated and has to use an oxygen tank. He's in his 80s. This is the second time he's gotten pneumonia in the last year. He's really pushing himself and it's killing me to see him in pain. And on top of that, if he dies, not only will I be losing my last blood grandfather, I'll be losing my landlord and my home on top of it. I don't trust his wife to let me or my uncle (who they make sleep on the couch) stay. She's been trying to get us out and replace us with her family for ages. Seriously. She openly admitted to one of the other tenants that she wanted her grandson to be living where my uncle is right now.

Just a big ol' ball of stress.

Fuck.
"Cogito, ergo es eggo." A.K.A. "I think, therefore you are a waffle."
An Optimist

Postby Morpheus » Sat Jan 19, 2013 8:49 am

I hope your grandfather gets better.
And I hope things go smoothly for you.
Something I would suggest though saving up to move somewhere else.
Just in case.

Postby Musicmac » Sat Jan 19, 2013 1:02 pm

Blessings for your journey, Sef.
For now, I'd suggest the same thing as Morph, and make circumstantial preparations.
Listen.

Postby Mr. Sefrol » Sun Jan 20, 2013 5:10 am

I live paycheck to paycheck, so it's REEEEEEEEALLY hard to save at all. Right now though if he were to pass on, I'd have enough saved to pay for moving. I have a backup place I could move into I organized for if something like that were to happen now. But for this moment, I think my grandfather is going to be okay. He's stable, but he's still on oxygen and will be staying in the hospital until further notice.

Still, the second he's back I'm not gonna let him sit outside anymore. Don't care what he says, he'll get sick again if he tries and it's been getting below freezing over here lately. He'll be stubborn as a mule (hope he doesn't pull the rifle on me again), but I think the rest of the family will help with this too.
An Optimist

Postby Riz » Sun Jan 20, 2013 5:16 am

hide the rifle
with a heart colder than a welldiggers nutsack

Postby Mr. Sefrol » Sun Jan 20, 2013 5:50 am

It's not loaded. But the first time I was scared as fuck and called the cops about being threatened with one. He was suffering from Dementia from a trip back from Mexico a couple years back when it happened. He wasn't being given the proper pills over there, so his mind and health deteriorated until someone brought him back to the states. Went down like this; charged with keeping him from wandering off to god knows where, tried to go out the side door, wouldn't let him, find myself looking down the barrel of a hunting rifle, fled the house, called it in fearing he'd kill someone with it. Seriously, he's survived so much stupid shit he puts himself through, I'm amazed he's still kicking... But can't really blame him for being bamboozled out of proper pills. I just worry about the old man...
An Optimist

Postby Panty Anarchy » Thu Feb 07, 2013 6:25 am

Bringing this back for my own benefit (i might pin this as well, because i feel like it's fairly important.)

So, my girlfriend and I broke up (big surprise.) We came to the conclusion that neither of us are in a particularly healthy mental state and that neither of us are ready for a long and healthy relationship. I'm still hurting and recovering from a break-up I had two years ago and she's dealing with a whole wack-load of shit that I would not feel comfortable divulging here.

The issue here is that 1. I, expectantly, feel like complete shit because we actually...had something, I guess. We played retro games together and watched shitty movies and laughed at the same shit and just... it was good. And 2. I kinda... don't wanna leave it where it is now. I mean, I'm not gonna go up to her and ask her out again in a few days time, but I feel like... given time, once we get our shit sorted out, we could actually work out and be a really good couple.

So my question, or questions, to you guys are as follows:
1. Is this a good idea?
2. How do you deal with break-ups?
3. Is dating worth it at all?
I am thou... Thou art I... From the sea of thy soul, I come...
Soulchild: u thnk evry thng stupid.
DaCrum: Warbear, why did you suddenly become pretty cool? Stop it.
BR:love is just a boner everyone is looking to fart on warbear
Slutty Angel

Postby Spoopy Princess » Thu Feb 07, 2013 9:33 am

1. Very good idea. If you're both lingering elsewhere, it's a bad idea to date someone.
2. Alcohol. Video games. Food. Hanging out with people I can stand.
3. To me? I'm not dating again until I sort all my shit out. So when I actually have a boyfriend again, I'm not a depressed mess.
Tuor: You foolish fools, no one can tame the stuffaluffagus!
Whatbutt: She's got enough tea to throw into a harbor and start another revolution.
All Men Must Die
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby True Order » Thu Feb 07, 2013 10:01 am

1. I think so, giving a little bit of space and time to get shit settled is typically a good thing, imo.

2. I don't, as in I've never had to really deal with such. Both a bad and good thing.

3. Probably to some extent when you don't have too many other priorities. I'm personally just focusing on my studies and if something happens to happen then it happens.
"Finish what you started human!" - Kamaji from Spirited Away
Overthinker

Postby Tuor » Thu Feb 07, 2013 12:37 pm

1. To me, if you both felt happier being around each other, then I don't know that you should give up having any sort of relationship between you completely. If it's feasible I think you should still try to be friends, and hang out and support each other, since it seemed to help you both.

2. It's different for everyone. For me, my last break up was before I could drink, so it mostly consisted of listening to very emotionally charged music for the catharsis. Now, there would also be drinking though, I imagine. It's important not to stay in that stage too long though, and to try not to dwell on it.

3. This is a hard question, because it all depends on you and what you want in life in the end. Personally, yes, I have found it worth it.
"Suddenly Frodo noticed that a strange-looking weather-beaten man, sitting in the shadows near the wall, was also listening intently to the hobbit-talk. He had a tall tankard in front of him, and was smoking a long-stemmed pipe curiously carved. His legs were stretched out before him, showing high boots of supple leather that fitted him well, but had seen much wear and were now caked with mud. A travel-stained cloak of heavy dark-green cloth was drawn close about him, and in spite of the heat of the room he wore a hood that overshadowed his face; but the gleam of his eyes could be seen as he watched the hobbits."
Rest Easy Ethan

Postby Panty Anarchy » Thu Feb 07, 2013 7:53 pm

She said she'd be willing to give it another shot. I presented it as a definite maybe if the circumstances are right in the future.

I think what I'm going to do is watch Game Grumps videos and play some video games with friends. My shift got canceled tonight so I have plenty of time to myself.
Slutty Angel

Postby Whatis6times9 » Thu Feb 07, 2013 8:18 pm

Honestly both of you need to figure yourselves out, neither of you will be able to actually move on to build a solid relationship with each other or anyone else for that matter if you can't level out emotionally. By level out I don't mean being happy, but you can't be consumed by anger or sadness or whatever "negative" emotion, those emotions are perfectly fine to have but to let them consume or control you is negative.

As far as handling it do whatever your emotions tell you, unless it feels like a point that it is controlling you and then do something that makes you happy.
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Spoopy Princess » Thu Feb 07, 2013 9:01 pm

Wanna set up a Skype chat and rant?

A chat, that was just hilarious shenanigans at first, turned into a giant rant and made me feel better the other day.
Whatbutt: She's got enough tea to throw into a harbor and start another revolution.
All Men Must Die
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Tuor » Thu Feb 07, 2013 9:01 pm

Ranting/venting is bueno
"Suddenly Frodo noticed that a strange-looking weather-beaten man, sitting in the shadows near the wall, was also listening intently to the hobbit-talk. He had a tall tankard in front of him, and was smoking a long-stemmed pipe curiously carved. His legs were stretched out before him, showing high boots of supple leather that fitted him well, but had seen much wear and were now caked with mud. A travel-stained cloak of heavy dark-green cloth was drawn close about him, and in spite of the heat of the room he wore a hood that overshadowed his face; but the gleam of his eyes could be seen as he watched the hobbits."
Rest Easy Ethan

Postby Panty Anarchy » Thu Feb 07, 2013 9:01 pm

i've ranted to, like, half a dozen people over the last few days. i think i'm good.
Slutty Angel

Postby Spoopy Princess » Thu Feb 07, 2013 9:03 pm

Okie doke. The offer is always available, though.
All Men Must Die
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Whatis6times9 » Thu Feb 07, 2013 9:13 pm

So now for the inciting advice, go punch the clown.
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Panty Anarchy » Thu Feb 07, 2013 9:16 pm

i punched a tree a little bit.
Slutty Angel

Postby Guardian » Thu Feb 07, 2013 9:45 pm

No idea if you follow this comic, but your comment reminded me of it.
http://www.thezombiehunters.com/index.php?strip_id=473
“Salvation comes with a cost. Judge us not by our methods, but by what we seek to accomplish.”

"To punish and enslave..."
Semper Vigilans

Postby Whatis6times9 » Thu Feb 07, 2013 10:45 pm

I thought of Pam Poovey going "Who taught you how to punch? Your husband?"
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Spoopy Princess » Fri Feb 08, 2013 12:54 am

I need to do something about my Father. I can't move out, yet, because I don't have the funds. But when I do move out, I'm terrified to leave my Mother. He has been an absolute nightmare lately. He was okay for a short period of time, but everything turned to shit, again, when my Dad had to stay at work. He called my Mom asking her to bring him a few sandwiches, and snacks. My Mom told him she would bring whatever she could scramble together, and he freaked out on her, and cursed her out just because she wouldn't give specifics. She didn't know what she was going to make, because she never got a chance to look at what to make. So she ended up not bringing him food, because he was being ignorant, and I do not blame her.

Then the next morning he started screaming at me for no reason, because I was standing in front of the dog treats, which I handed to him. Just because I handed them to him, and didn't move, he started acting like a lunatic.

Then comes today, he went out, was still being bitter over those two previous things. When he had no right to be mad, because he was being an asshole, came home after getting his oil changed. Me and my Mom just bought this nice glass vase, that had fake pears in it. We put it on the kitchen counter because it looked really cute there. We bought it at 5pm. He came home at 7, walked into the back door, saw the vase, picked it up, and slammed it down onto the counter. It ended up completely shattering the base of the vase, which ruined it. Which, turned into a huge fight which was me and my Mom VS him, obviously.

I need to call a doctor or something, to get him help. Because I cannot leave my Mother in this house with him, and because I know how she is, she will not leave him. Unfortunately, even if I try to talk her into it, it won't happen. She's one of those women, sadly.

How the fuck should I handle this? Because I can't take living like this, and as I said, I cannot leave my Mother alone.
All Men Must Die
Snafu Gold Card Member!

PreviousNext

Return to Central Compton Botanical Gardens