The Toonami Thread

The forum for Bleedman fans! Feel free to discuss other comics and cartoons, as well.

Moderator: Mod Squad

Re: The Toonami Thread

Postby Rushira » Tue Dec 04, 2012 8:07 pm

I was kinda sad last Sunday because I found out Bleach wasn't new when TOM came up and said Bleach "is gonna take a break for a few weeks", a few weeks is apparenty until Feb 3 2013...
Naruto was fun though :)
"I'm glad we had this talk, now shut the hell up."

Postby Saint Soul » Tue Dec 04, 2012 9:15 pm

the manga is batshit insane.
"Small muscles, big brain, the heart of a lion."
—Anthony DiNozzo on Timothy McGee
User formaly known as Soulchild

Postby BossyGirl » Tue Jan 01, 2013 9:08 pm

I liked the series in japanese but the dubbing ... *chews on a metal bar* to my ears!
~ count them forsaken ~
Obsessed with the mess that's America

Postby Havoc » Sun Jan 20, 2013 12:42 am

New episodes of Bleach, starting the 26th this month.
User No. 24602
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Wulfespinndel » Sun Jan 20, 2013 4:28 pm

They changed from red to blue recently too. Seems quite appropriate for the [as] Toonami.
"Where we are, there’s daggers in men’s smiles."
KR Series Finished: Kuuga, Agito, Ryuki, Faiz, Blade, OOO, Fourze, Wizard
Reset. Recalibrate.

Postby Havoc » Sun Jan 20, 2013 4:59 pm

Rosso Rose wrote:They changed from red to blue recently too. Seems quite appropriate for the [as] Toonami.

Ya, I noticed. Not sure witch one I like better. I think Purple would have been a better choice, but that's just me.

By the way, does anyone know if they plan on making new episodes Sym-Bionic Titan anytime soon? Because I think the series has come full circle again as of last Saturday.
User No. 24602
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Biostar » Sun Jan 20, 2013 6:56 pm

It wasn't renewed for another season due to it not having a toyline with it, so as of now its on hiatus indefiniteoly.

Postby Blood Lord » Mon Jan 21, 2013 12:25 am

Thank God.
Stufflikehearts - He is a Sith Lord. I love Blood Lord :3
Jeffffey - Blood, you look at the information someone says, look over what really happened, and reply in a way that makes them realize what they were really thinking.
Light10s - Blood Lord! Your avatars are becoming more epic. You make me feel like getting on all fours and submitting my loyalty and obedience to you.
Fievel - Numerous campaigns and conquests, countless bodies decaying after the abandonment of victorious battlefields. Such is the life of Blood Lord.
Dusk_Imp - Blood Lord is like a celebrity here. Everything he does is pure awesome. ALL HAIL BLOOD LORD
Doctress Who - Why couldn't there be a Blood Lord in every forum? It would make life so much easier.
Semper Vigilans

Postby Havoc » Mon Jan 21, 2013 12:34 am

Blood Lord wrote:Thank God.

What do you mean?
User No. 24602
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Birdofterror » Thu Jan 24, 2013 3:43 am

Havoc751 wrote:
Blood Lord wrote:Thank God.

What do you mean?
From pure speculation alone, I would have to come to the conclusion that Blood Lord doesn't like Sym-Bionic Titan.

Though I don't really have an opinion on it, I never watched anything of it. Most of what I watch Toonami for now is the game reviews, interestingly enough.
"It's such a fine line between clever and stupid."

The Chronometal Wars, a fan-fiction taking place in the PPGD Universe. Catastrophe is the only certainty.
Bird oft Error

Postby Mr. Sefrol » Thu Jan 24, 2013 6:21 am

I liked sym-bionic titan. Ever since Megas XLR ended, Cartoon Network didn't have a big mecha show. I love the mecha genre. And you could really see a story being developed. It wasn't the greatest mecha story, but it was different. Wished Genndy Tartakovsky's vision of the show could have continued.
"Cogito, ergo es eggo." A.K.A. "I think, therefore you are a waffle."
An Optimist

Postby Wulfespinndel » Mon Feb 04, 2013 11:22 pm

Well, Soul Eater is now going to be on Toonami soon. Someone tried to make me watch this show because she claimed to "have gotten people to watch it and like it". It took awhile, I thought it wasn't gonna happen but it's gonna.
Reset. Recalibrate.

Postby Havoc » Tue Feb 05, 2013 1:28 am

Rosso Rose wrote:Well, Soul Eater is now going to be on Toonami soon. Someone tried to make me watch this show because she claimed to "have gotten people to watch it and like it". It took awhile, I thought it wasn't gonna happen but it's gonna.

Really? Well I guess I'll check it out, see what all the fuss is about. Who knows, maybe I'll like it.
I'm still hoping they'll make a second season of Deadman Wonderland.
User No. 24602
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Mr. Sefrol » Tue Feb 05, 2013 3:33 am

Well they only made the 12 episodes (and an OVA), so I highly doubt it's going to go anywhere from there. Which is sad since I'm a big Deadman Wonderland fan.
An Optimist

Postby Havoc » Tue Feb 05, 2013 11:25 pm

Mr. Sefrol wrote:Well they only made the 12 episodes (and an OVA), so I highly doubt it's going to go anywhere from there. Which is sad since I'm a big Deadman Wonderland fan.

Well, I guess it depends on how well it did, there's always a chance it'll get picked up for another season.
If not, I guess I could always just read the manga.
User No. 24602
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Blood Lord » Wed Feb 06, 2013 12:32 am

Things get picked up for second seasons, so there is still a chance. HotD got its second season approved.
Still waiting for the second season of the 2011 remake of the Thundercats to get approved.
Jeffffey - Blood, you look at the information someone says, look over what really happened, and reply in a way that makes them realize what they were really thinking.
Light10s - Blood Lord! Your avatars are becoming more epic. You make me feel like getting on all fours and submitting my loyalty and obedience to you.
Fievel - Numerous campaigns and conquests, countless bodies decaying after the abandonment of victorious battlefields. Such is the life of Blood Lord.
Dusk_Imp - Blood Lord is like a celebrity here. Everything he does is pure awesome. ALL HAIL BLOOD LORD
Doctress Who - Why couldn't there be a Blood Lord in every forum? It would make life so much easier.
Semper Vigilans

Postby Havoc » Wed Feb 06, 2013 11:35 pm

Blood Lord wrote:Things get picked up for second seasons, so there is still a chance. HotD got its second season approved.
Still waiting for the second season of the 2011 remake of the Thundercats to get approved.

Along with Sym Bionic Titan, I'm hoping they'll do another season of ThunderCats too, although I haven't caught up on either one yet. Hopefully, putting them on Toonami will bring them into a new light, and help them get renewed.
User No. 24602
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Blood Lord » Thu Feb 07, 2013 12:43 am

I really liked the new direction they took with the Thundercats. I didn't particularly care for how it ended the first season; seemed generic.
Semper Vigilans

Postby Mr. Sefrol » Thu Feb 07, 2013 7:46 am

I was blown away with both Thundercats and Sym Bionic Titans. At the beginning I was skeptical about the Thundercats remake since I loved watching the originals. But yes, it went in a very fresh direction. Never watched the season finale though I believe.
An Optimist

Postby Mon-Kitsune » Thu Feb 07, 2013 9:22 am

I think I actually prefer the Thundercats remake the original always seemed a little stilted and badly written to me (but then I think that about most of 1980's cartoons I watched as a kid. I Loved He-Man then, now you couldn't get me to watch an episode if you held a gun to my head).
About the only thing I'm a little worried about with regards to CN picking up Thundercats for a second season is the fact that they are planning to bring out Lego:Chima in a few more weeks. While I am fully aware that the people in charge of choosing programming for Toonami are NOT the same people who choose the programming for the rest of the CN daily lineup, the fact that the shows have some pretty large similarities (anthropomorphic animals arranged in feudal groups based on species, with a mystical object the key of conflict; lions in charge of everything but this fact no longer universally accepted). might lead someone to say "nah, too similar"
"For I have heard the Song of War, and to me, it sounds just like "Please, Mister Custer.""

Cogito Ergot Sum, "I think there is something wrong with this rye bread." (Aplogies to Seafrol.)

Postby Biostar » Thu Feb 07, 2013 10:14 pm

I've already have. When I saw the commercial I thought it was Lego Thundercats.

The bad guys are reptiles for crying out loud.

Postby Havoc » Thu Feb 07, 2013 11:29 pm

Biostar wrote:I've already have. When I saw the commercial I thought it was Lego Thundercats.

The bad guys are reptiles for crying out loud.

I thought the very same thing.

Mr. Sefrol wrote:I was blown away with both Thundercats and Sym Bionic Titans. At the beginning I was skeptical about the Thundercats remake since I loved watching the originals. But yes, it went in a very fresh direction. Never watched the season finale though I believe.

Ya it took me awhile to warm up to both, but once I got into them, I really enjoyed them.
User No. 24602
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Saint Soul » Sat Feb 09, 2013 11:36 am

it basically is.
"Small muscles, big brain, the heart of a lion."
—Anthony DiNozzo on Timothy McGee
User formaly known as Soulchild

Postby Wulfespinndel » Wed Feb 27, 2013 6:33 pm

Watched the first two episodes of Soul Eater.

The series is hella awesome so far. I definitely will be digging Death the Kid.

EDIT: Hey I found something on IDW publishing: http://www.idwpublishing.com/news/article/2507/

Publisher To Serve As Home for Comics Based on Network's Classic Hits!
San Diego, CA (February 25, 2013) - IDW Publishing and Cartoon Network Enterprises today announced that the two companies have forged a partnership to produce and release comics based on many of the network's popular and iconic classic characters!'

"Many of these Cartoon Network shows have only grown in popularity since they originally aired," said Chris Ryall, IDW's Chief Creative Officer/Editor-in-Chief, "and we're excited to be able to offer new iterations of the characters in comic-book form alongside both our planned reprint material and also some new animated ventures Cartoon Network has planned, too. There's a wealth of fun properties to play with here, and we've already got some unique things in mind for them."

Beginning in 2013, fans can look forward to seeing the returns of beloved characters from classic Cartoon Network shows including THE POWERPUFF GIRLS, BEN 10, DEXTER'S LABORATORY, SAMURAI JACK, JOHNNY BRAVO, GENERATOR REX, and many more.

Not only will IDW be teaming with high-caliber creators from the world of comics to publish new adventures featuring tons of Cartoon Network's characters, but fans can also look forward to a variety of reprints of previous incarnations of Cartoon Network comics.

"We are excited to partner with IDW to bring some of our most beloved and iconic brands and characters to life for fans of all ages," said Pete Yoder, Vice President of Consumer Products, North America for Cartoon Network Enterprises. "It will be a great opportunity to revisit and expand many of these great stories told in comic-book form, and we're excited to see what the creative team at IDW comes up with."

While details have yet to be announced on the specific titles and creative teams, IDW and Cartoon Network are thrilled to be heading into 2013 with this new partnership and great new comics hitting comic shops soon!

It's not that related to Toonami, but it was hanging around the Toonami forum at [as].
Reset. Recalibrate.

Postby Wulfespinndel » Wed Feb 27, 2013 6:45 pm

On a separate note, If there's any questions you want to ask about the block, you'll be able to at Momocon, but the thing is, you don't have to be there.

On March 10th, Steve Blum, Jason DeMarco and the Toonami staff will be taking questions both in person and the web.

Make sure to check out the FAQ first before asking anything; your questions will have likely been answered by it, and will not be considered if so.

Chad Bonin wrote:If you remember correctly, I’ll be hosting a Toonami panel at MomoCon on March 10th. Steve Blum (TOM), Jason DeMarco (co-creator), and more of the Toonami staff will be on hand to answer questions.

I’ll have my own questions to ask. The audience will have theirs. For the chunk of people who just can’t make it down to Georgia (really, you can’t clear a weekend to fly cross-country?), Toonami News will be recording the panel and uploading it online.

But, you want your question asked at the panel? That’s great! A few guidelines before you ask, though.'

- Please read the FAQ. I cannot stress this enough. If your question is easily answered by the FAQ, we won’t consider it.
- Think about questions that are more person-related. Stories, personal roles, experiences, etc. If the Tumblr is posted anonymously, the panel is to ask Steve, Jason, and the others questions. It can be story-time if you want it.
- Double-check the history of the Tumblr. You might have the answer already, and if so, we’ll probably just skip the question.
- No current or future acquisition news, specifics about editing rules, general Adult Swim/Cartoon Network questions, or etc. These are the things that time-and-again you’ve been told can’t be answered due to legal issues or, well, lack of relevance.
- Let us know your name, if you want. We’ll make sure to say who the question’s from online. You can be immortalized in a YouTube clip!
- Steve! Don’t forget, Steve Blum doesn’t answer on the Tumblr, and the MomoCon interview panel with him will focus on his other roles. If you’ve got a question for Steve and/or TOM, now’s your chance.

Read all that? Got a good idea? Go ahead and ask the Toonami crew the question, dropping the hashtag #momocon in your message to indicate that you don’t want your question asked on the blog, but at MomoCon.

From what I've gathered, you might want to post your questions here.
Reset. Recalibrate.

PreviousNext

Return to Bleed Forum (Comics and Animation)