PPGD - Bet, Check, Raise. All In? (01 Febuary 2013)

The forum for Bleedman fans! Feel free to discuss other comics and cartoons, as well.

Moderator: Mod Squad

Re: PPGD - Bet, Check, Raise. All In? (01 Febuary 2013)

Postby Saint Soul » Wed Feb 06, 2013 4:00 pm

Blood Lord wrote:What to long? Be specific here man, are you talking about making the thread multiple pages? Because that isn't a problem and is encouraged when there are good things to discuss. GT pages would get into the 30s and 40s.

Blordy that hasnt happen in a while. this is one of the best discussions going on in a while.
"Small muscles, big brain, the heart of a lion."
—Anthony DiNozzo on Timothy McGee
User formaly known as Soulchild

Postby Blood Lord » Wed Feb 06, 2013 4:12 pm

Sir Soulchild wrote:
Blood Lord wrote:What to long? Be specific here man, are you talking about making the thread multiple pages? Because that isn't a problem and is encouraged when there are good things to discuss. GT pages would get into the 30s and 40s.

Blordy that hasnt happen in a while. this is one of the best discussions going on in a while.

I am fully aware of this.

Postby rac7d » Wed Feb 06, 2013 4:20 pm

The bomb... its eveloping the world in an energy right? it will turn th e workd back in time (why otto left) yet , pevent any chance of a paradox. So is the bomb not a bomb but a quantum time machine?

Postby K13-ZAR » Wed Feb 06, 2013 7:25 pm

rac7d wrote:The bomb... its eveloping the world in an energy right? it will turn th e workd back in time (why otto left) yet , pevent any chance of a paradox. So is the bomb not a bomb but a quantum time machine?

what? :?
I'm NOT CRAZY! I'm just unpredictable there's a difference

Postby Blood Lord » Wed Feb 06, 2013 7:43 pm

A quantum time machine is a specific type of time machine that allows you to travel without creating a paradox. Such as going back in time and shooting yourself.

These look interesting enough to help explain the idea, but I don't know the accuracy of the idea in relation to PpGD.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Time_travel
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Temporal_paradox

Postby K13-ZAR » Wed Feb 06, 2013 8:03 pm

Blood Lord wrote:A quantum time machine is a specific type of time machine that allows you to travel without creating a paradox. Such as going back in time and shooting yourself.

These look interesting enough to help explain the idea, but I don't know the accuracy of the idea in relation to PpGD.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Time_travel
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Temporal_paradox

umm... thanks but I was more confused by what pevent means....seriously did he just screw up typing or is he speaking another language completely
I'm NOT CRAZY! I'm just unpredictable there's a difference

Postby Tuor » Wed Feb 06, 2013 8:06 pm

"Pevent" it probably a mistype of "prevent". Maybe, just maybe
"Suddenly Frodo noticed that a strange-looking weather-beaten man, sitting in the shadows near the wall, was also listening intently to the hobbit-talk. He had a tall tankard in front of him, and was smoking a long-stemmed pipe curiously carved. His legs were stretched out before him, showing high boots of supple leather that fitted him well, but had seen much wear and were now caked with mud. A travel-stained cloak of heavy dark-green cloth was drawn close about him, and in spite of the heat of the room he wore a hood that overshadowed his face; but the gleam of his eyes could be seen as he watched the hobbits."
Rest Easy Ethan

Postby Blood Lord » Wed Feb 06, 2013 8:19 pm

Tis a wild and outlandish thought, but Tuor might just be right.

Might.

Postby Tuor » Wed Feb 06, 2013 8:35 pm

I'm really going out on a limb here
"Suddenly Frodo noticed that a strange-looking weather-beaten man, sitting in the shadows near the wall, was also listening intently to the hobbit-talk. He had a tall tankard in front of him, and was smoking a long-stemmed pipe curiously carved. His legs were stretched out before him, showing high boots of supple leather that fitted him well, but had seen much wear and were now caked with mud. A travel-stained cloak of heavy dark-green cloth was drawn close about him, and in spite of the heat of the room he wore a hood that overshadowed his face; but the gleam of his eyes could be seen as he watched the hobbits."
Rest Easy Ethan

Postby CTCFirebird » Wed Feb 06, 2013 9:51 pm

Tuor wrote:I'm really going out on a limb here

You are right
I am the Winner

Postby Tuor » Wed Feb 06, 2013 9:51 pm

Maybe
Rest Easy Ethan

Postby Princess » Wed Feb 06, 2013 9:53 pm

ONE WORD POST BY A MOD. SOUND THE ALARMS!

But yeah, I'm pretty positive he meant "prevent".
Tuor: Stuff is our resident, hot mess, alcoholic.
Tuor: You foolish fools, no one can tame the stuffaluffagus!
All Men Must Die
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Blood Lord » Wed Feb 06, 2013 10:04 pm

I don't know. That's quite the jump of accusations right thar. I think we need to do some more testing first.

It could be per-vent, or pervert, or prostrate, or phosphorous dioxide, possibly even peanut.

We should wait until the next page comes out to confirm this.

Postby CTCFirebird » Wed Feb 06, 2013 10:09 pm

It is Prevent LOL

More investigation?

Princess Stuff wrote:ONE WORD POST BY A MOD. SOUND THE ALARMS!

LOL
I am the Winner

Postby Blood Lord » Wed Feb 06, 2013 10:10 pm

I don't think its wise to jump to that idea. Let's ask BR. It'll be more entertaining.

Postby Tuor » Wed Feb 06, 2013 10:13 pm

Yes. Do that.

And stay on topic.
Rest Easy Ethan

Postby Blood Lord » Wed Feb 06, 2013 10:14 pm

Oh hell. I mixed sections up again. >.>

How about them PpG ehh? Will Blossom win?

Postby Birdofterror » Wed Feb 06, 2013 11:23 pm

It wouldn't be much of a story if the bad guys win.

Just ask all the 'bad' episodes of the early Transformers cartoons.
"It's such a fine line between clever and stupid."

The Chronometal Wars, a fan-fiction taking place in the PPGD Universe. Catastrophe is the only certainty.
Bird oft Error

Postby Havoc » Thu Feb 07, 2013 1:21 am

Birdofterror wrote:It wouldn't be much of a story if the bad guys win.

Witch is why PPGD should never become GT.

rac7d wrote: it will turn the work back in time (why otto left) yet , pevent any chance of a paradox. So is the bomb not a bomb but a quantum time machine?

I wonder if we'll get to learn more about the Time squad in light of this. Like who their leader is, and how/why they do/don't play apart in all of this.
User No. 24602
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby BeeAre » Thu Feb 07, 2013 1:25 am

The bad guy has to win in stages before the hero does.

Good vs Bad stories are very much often a staircase jaunt with the villain just a few steps up on the hero until they get to the top of the tower and whuhoh, out of running room.

As to people saying I am wasting an opportunity and/or being inaccurate as to the long ago separation, if we ever get to Samurai Jack's side-story, you'll understand. ¦:3

and Havoc, you'll be pleased to know that this bomb is what I use to justify the Time Squad's entire existence. Wrap your brains around THAT one.
Snafu Comics' Forum Alpha Bro, Staff Writer, Editor, Image, and Keeper of the Jar Brain of Secret President. RIP Ku Ku Ku \(-^.^-)/ U Wuz A REAL N***A!!!!!!!
"We're quite aware of this. BR is no happy rainbow face man. He is simply our neighborhood best fucking poster." ~ Warbear
最後の撃は。。。切ない。Puff Most Epic.
Ladies and Gentlemen, The:
BR

Postby Havoc » Thu Feb 07, 2013 1:37 am

BeeAre wrote:As to people saying I am wasting an opportunity and/or being inaccurate as to the long ago separation, if we ever get to Samurai Jack's side-story, you'll understand. ¦:3

I am very interested in this now.

BeeAre wrote:and Havoc, you'll be pleased to know that this bomb is what I use to justify the Time Squad's entire existence. Wrap your brains around THAT one.

Come to think of it, didn't Otto mention something about that when he was talking to the Professor?
User No. 24602
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Birdofterror » Thu Feb 07, 2013 1:50 am

BeeAre wrote:and Havoc, you'll be pleased to know that this bomb is what I use to justify the Time Squad's entire existence. Wrap your brains around THAT one.
Logically speaking, this is basically the only reason Time Squad even exists. The mere fact that they acknowledge it AND run should be a sure thing that they are aware of it, but are going to take it on from a different angle.

But, what Otto says as he is vanishing... I don't really get it still. If I continue on the line of thought I am currently on, it would entail that Time Squad is running from THIS situation to attack ANOTHER situation, but then why would Otto just drop 'false hope' before he leaves?

If I were to look to deep into it and, well... take a guess, I would say that even the people in this timeline have a role to play, one indirectly being guided by Time Squad, perhaps?
BeeAre wrote:As to people saying I am wasting an opportunity and/or being inaccurate as to the long ago separation, if we ever get to Samurai Jack's side-story, you'll understand. ¦:3
Samurai Jack, huh...?

When did you start writing for this story?
"It's such a fine line between clever and stupid."

The Chronometal Wars, a fan-fiction taking place in the PPGD Universe. Catastrophe is the only certainty.
Bird oft Error

Postby CTCFirebird » Thu Feb 07, 2013 2:28 am

Blood Lord wrote:Oh hell. I mixed sections up again. >.>

How about them PpG ehh? Will Blossom win?

Blossom has to win. I think it might be a story if the bad guys win. The hero has to learn from his/her loses. It would be an interesting twist if the bad guys win. The hero can't win them all. I'm also sure that the story will continue even if the bad guys does win. I'm thinking Blossom would be able to prevent the bomb (i think its a bomb. Someone correct me if i'm wrong) from blowing up, but she still loses. Its like wining the battle, but the war kind of thing.
I am the Winner

Postby Slendy » Thu Feb 07, 2013 6:36 am

Powerpuff Girls Doujinshi: Further Orientation - Samurai Jack File
Ermagerd. I can't wait.

So, if this thing rewinds time without creating a paradox, then what's the most obvious thing the bad guys would want to change in the past? The thing that jumps to mind first is preventing the creation of the Powerpuffs, since Dr. X said they're the only heroes on Earth that could stop him because of some power not even they know they wield. Doing this with a normal time machine wouldn't work since if the Powerpuffs were never born, he wouldn't have a reason to travel back in time in the first place, hence the paradox. In the light of all this time business, I would looove to see an appearance by Professor Paradox from the Ben 10 series. Maybe he's the one that creates the Time Squad as a means to help him patrol the time line for events such as these?
Denizen of Darkness

Postby rac7d » Thu Feb 07, 2013 11:19 am

I thought Ben ten characters were not allowed?

PreviousNext

Return to Bleed Forum (Comics and Animation)