Powerpuff Girls Return? Edit: False Edit2: True?

The forum for Bleedman fans! Feel free to discuss other comics and cartoons, as well.

Moderator: Mod Squad

Re: Powerpuff Girls Return? Edit: False Edit2: True?

Postby Havoc » Mon Feb 04, 2013 9:38 pm

Mad-Mutt wrote:Also I felt like the long hair and bow reflected some sort of child like innocence and as Blossom got older and more aware of how bad the world can be she cast aside both in order for her appearance to reflect on her new out look, that and she wanted to be taken more seriously as a crime fighter.

You know, you could always give Blossom a different type of head accessory. Like maybe a red beanie, headband, or dew rag, you know something reminiscent of her red bow. Like Brick (of the RRB), how he had a backwards baseball cap.
User No. 24602
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby BeeAre » Mon Feb 04, 2013 11:10 pm

Yo Mad Mutt. Help me recruit artists and be a cohesive casting overseer for PME. I send messages but people's enthusiasm drips away. PM me if you want to talk turkey. Also want to know what you didn't like, so I can see what I can do to minimize the dislike.
Snafu Comics' Forum Alpha Bro, Staff Writer, Editor, Image, and Keeper of the Jar Brain of Secret President. RIP Ku Ku Ku \(-^.^-)/ U Wuz A REAL N***A!!!!!!!
"We're quite aware of this. BR is no happy rainbow face man. He is simply our neighborhood best fucking poster." ~ Warbear
最後の撃は。。。切ない。Puff Most Epic.
Ladies and Gentlemen, The:
BR

Postby Blood Lord » Tue Feb 05, 2013 12:59 am

Havoc751 wrote:
Blood Lord wrote:Edit: Never mind, just tried to watch PpGZ.

You too? *sigh* how far did you make it in? I think I only lasted about 60 seconds.
And from what I can gather, they even got the whole, RRBXPPG hook up thing.I have to ask, am I the only one around here who finds the exact counterpart romance slightly...disturbing?

It was the cheesy-ness and animation that drove me away.

@ BR: So, PME updates?
Stufflikehearts - He is a Sith Lord. I love Blood Lord :3
Jeffffey - Blood, you look at the information someone says, look over what really happened, and reply in a way that makes them realize what they were really thinking.
Light10s - Blood Lord! Your avatars are becoming more epic. You make me feel like getting on all fours and submitting my loyalty and obedience to you.
Fievel - Numerous campaigns and conquests, countless bodies decaying after the abandonment of victorious battlefields. Such is the life of Blood Lord.
Dusk_Imp - Blood Lord is like a celebrity here. Everything he does is pure awesome. ALL HAIL BLOOD LORD
Doctress Who - Why couldn't there be a Blood Lord in every forum? It would make life so much easier.
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Birdofterror » Tue Feb 05, 2013 1:56 am

Puff Most Epic, huh? I haven't heard that name in over a year. I remember the few drawn pages for it, but I don't remember it ever being continued.

So you are looking to get a full comic on PME, or what?
"It's such a fine line between clever and stupid."

The Chronometal Wars, a fan-fiction taking place in the PPGD Universe. Catastrophe is the only certainty.
Bird oft Error

Postby BeeAre » Tue Feb 05, 2013 7:51 pm

Looking to nothing. I have 25 fully inked pages of B+W line-art. Just no color artist. If I had that completed chapter, I could get momentum.

Really kinda disappointed that the remakes are even MORE stylized to be silly and fun when there were plenty of episodes strictly dedicated to proving that the girls were more than meets the eye, outright tough, and occasionally bad-ass. I mean, was it SATIRE the whole time? Because there's a point of transcendence in satire that holds too many of the things it is satirizing as worthwhile, where the irony suddenly stops and real enthusiasm begins again.

I hear it is at least a special with Ringo but if the rumors are true and it continues into a series... it'll grind my gears something fierce. >:X
Snafu Comics' Forum Alpha Bro, Staff Writer, Editor, Image, and Keeper of the Jar Brain of Secret President. RIP Ku Ku Ku \(-^.^-)/ U Wuz A REAL N***A!!!!!!!
"We're quite aware of this. BR is no happy rainbow face man. He is simply our neighborhood best fucking poster." ~ Warbear
最後の撃は。。。切ない。Puff Most Epic.
Ladies and Gentlemen, The:
BR

Postby Havoc » Tue Feb 05, 2013 11:41 pm

BeeAre wrote:Looking to nothing. I have 25 fully inked pages of B+W line-art. Just no color artist. If I had that completed chapter, I could get momentum.

Interesting, I haven't gotten to read PME yet. So are you going to start the story from the beginning, or is this a new story arc? Also, will you be posting in the art forum, or will you replace one of the dead comics on the front page, and update there?
User No. 24602
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Mad-Mutt » Wed Feb 06, 2013 6:41 pm

(Removed after I made my art thread)
Last edited by Mad-Mutt on Mon Dec 23, 2013 9:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Bark

Postby Birdofterror » Wed Feb 06, 2013 11:28 pm

Woah, this is nice. Though, I must ask... why aren't you posting this in the Art Section of the forum? Make an entire thread dedicated to your work!

The Chronometal Wars, a fan-fiction taking place in the PPGD Universe. Catastrophe is the only certainty.
Bird oft Error

Postby Blood Lord » Thu Feb 07, 2013 12:44 am

I second the motion of you opening an Art thread.
Stufflikehearts - He is a Sith Lord. I love Blood Lord :3
Jeffffey - Blood, you look at the information someone says, look over what really happened, and reply in a way that makes them realize what they were really thinking.
Light10s - Blood Lord! Your avatars are becoming more epic. You make me feel like getting on all fours and submitting my loyalty and obedience to you.
Fievel - Numerous campaigns and conquests, countless bodies decaying after the abandonment of victorious battlefields. Such is the life of Blood Lord.
Dusk_Imp - Blood Lord is like a celebrity here. Everything he does is pure awesome. ALL HAIL BLOOD LORD
Doctress Who - Why couldn't there be a Blood Lord in every forum? It would make life so much easier.
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Mad-Mutt » Thu Feb 07, 2013 7:49 pm

Dang, thanks guys.
You know what?
I'll take your all's advice and do just that.
Bark

Postby Biostar » Mon Dec 23, 2013 7:56 pm

I revive this thread to show this

Postby Hallow Nova » Mon Dec 23, 2013 8:12 pm

I saw a different commercial for this some time back. I have mixed feelings.
Check out Nova Island Productions
It's messy :p
plop
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Kusang_Manalo » Mon Dec 23, 2013 8:33 pm

-Mary Blair designs with crude emulation of Pascal Campion's coloring.
-Gumball style of animation

That's pretty much my impression on the art style.
"Screw the social dogma of the intended demographic. If the show is for little girls then that makes me a bitch." - PanPizza
Not-an-animator

Postby Mad-Mutt » Mon Dec 23, 2013 9:27 pm

I’ve been very tight lipped about my thoughts on the upcoming PPG special, mainly because I wanted to wait and see what they’d might do with it, if its actually going to be a real thing and most of all, I wanted to make sure my thoughts were assembled right.
I am a really, really big PPG fan. I could even compete with BeeAre over which one of us is the biggest fanboy for the show, so I may have some mixed feelings for this.

My biggest worry is that as they said in the trailer that they didn’t mess with the formula. I know the old saying if it isn’t broke don’t try to fix it or try to break it, but mixing things up isn’t always bad. I’m worried that it will just be more of the same or it will try too hard to match the original. I’m worried that they might try to make this the way Craig McCracken would and as season 5 and 6 of the show is any indication, its not always a good idea to mimic what someone else would do. McCracken had left the team in that time and they tried to recapture what he would do by trying the same stuff over again and it came off as uninspired. I actually think it would be better if they tried to do their own thing instead of mimicking what came before and it seems like that’s what they’re doing here and I’m worried that it will just end up with something uninspired. Granted they might try their own thing and it might still fall flat, but that’s the risk you run with this sort of thing. Do you try something new to mix things up or do you play it safe.

I’m one of the few maybe who thinks that this may not be all that good. I don’t think it will be terrible mind you. I‘m mainly worried it will feel like a wasted opportunity. I know its just a one shot special, but I wouldn’t doubt CN green lit this with some hopes that they’d might be able to make a series out of it. I’m also worried that they’re more concerned with the brand name and not the actual characters.
Yeah... that last part sums up a lot of my worries for this: "They’re more concerned with the brand name and not the actual characters." I've seen this happen a lot over the years so I'm a little (more like a lot) paranoid about it.

I would actually like to see some new PPG episodes. Key word on ‘new’.
I don’t want to see them do the same thing McCracken did in the original, I want to see a fresh new take on it, because otherwise why should this even exist in the first place. You might as well just show reruns of the original. If it just stays a special then I guess I could see it as a somewhat cute and charming attempt to recapture the appeal of the original, even if it didn’t have the same amount of originality.

I would love for this to be great and it be something that would remind old fans of why they liked the show and introduce a new audience to it and motivate them to watch the original series. But I’m worried that they’ll just try to mimic what McCracken would do too much and nothing else. I heard that McCracken wasn’t working on this and that wouldn’t bother me too much, if I thought they’d try something more original with it. I’m not a big fan of the new designs, not just because they’re different while the other characters in the trailer looked the same, but because I get they wanted to try something different with the girls looks, but I don’t think they went far enough. I’m all for updating their designs, but I wouldn’t call this an update, its more like they want to try a new look, but they’re too afraid to really try something. Maybe I’m just nostalgia blind, but these new looks for the girls just don’t seem to hold a candle to the others. Kusang, I’m not sure, but it doesn’t seem like he’s too into them or the over all art style either, but I could be wrong, its hard to judge tone from the type word.

My main worry is that they won’t shake things up, they won’t try anything that’s been done before and the whole show will feel water down. If they’re going to do their version of PPG, by all means go for it, but don’t be afraid to do something that hasn’t been done yet.

I know that my PPG fanart tends to be pretty out there so I have no room to complain if someone tries to take the series in a new direction, in fact I’d welcome it. I would love to see a new perspective on some of my favorite characters, but I worry that we won’t get that and this special (and maybe the series that I don't doubt they're trying to get out of it) will suffer from a drastic lack of originality. The girls can still be the same age they were back then. I'd like to see them older, that's one thing I play around a lot with in my fanart, but they don't need to be older. They can still be just as fun and cool as they were back then if they stayed the same age, you just need to keep it interesting.

I love the original series and I always will, even season 5 and 6. But I don’t want to see someone try to copy and paste it with a new coat of paint. I want to see these characters that I love in a new and fresh perspective. If its just a special then it will just come and go. If its good it will be welcome addition to something I still hold near and dear to this day. If its bland, uninteresting or just plane bad it will be like the black sheep of the family. Kind of like the 1998 American Godzilla film (the monster in that movie has been officially renamed Zilla by Toho by the way).

So, yeah. Despite being a really big PPG fan I’m not at all excited for this special. Mostly because even I have my cynical bastard moments and I worried it won’t be good. I welcome it to prove me wrong though and I would love it if it did.

If its good I’ll put it on its deserved pedestal. If it isn’t I’ll just do my best to forget about it. That they risk you run with adaptations though. You need to know what to add, to subtract and what to multiply. Some people are better than that than others, but what you mostly need to start things off though is the creativity and straight up balls to be original. It can sometimes be hazardous waters around those parts.

I’ve been holding a lot of this in for a long time and I’m sorry if this seems so long and a little too much like I’m rambling. I’m kind of in a weird mood right now, two things I really love (PPG and Godzilla) are both about to see the light of day again and I’m worried it will be another let down in both cases.
Well, these have been the long ramblings of a PPG fan. Sorry it ended up being so long.
On the bright side, even if it does turn out to be mediocre, it will still be better than PPGZ. That show actually offended me.
Bark

Postby Birdofterror » Mon Dec 23, 2013 10:46 pm

-Happening-

But in all seriousness, the art style is kind of hit or miss to me. I guess I'll make final judgement once I actually see it.

Bird oft Error

Postby Mercen-X » Tue Dec 24, 2013 12:42 am

I used to think anything would be an improvement over the ovals they used for hands... but this is so not what I had in mind. If this special does result in a reboot of the series, I hope they get another redesign.
I just love how people put commas, in places they so obviously, do not belong.

I don't know about you, but I love the Young Justice animated series.
So I became the 44,901st signer of this petition to bring the series back.
Skree

Postby Mon-Kitsune » Tue Dec 24, 2013 6:42 am

Agreed. One one hand, I sort of like their attempt at trying to make the girls look a little less like each other. Differing the shape of their eyes does give them less identical expressions. But they may have gone too far there. Bubbles does indeed look like the wide eyed hopeful innocent that she is. But Blossom's extra long lashes make her look less like "I'm the smart one, and the Leader" and more "I'm the pretty one." And Buttercup seems to be having some sort of Raven vibe going on (though that could be that, because of her hair color, the edges of her eyes are blending into her head in the shot in the clip. I also think they might want to dull down the color on Buttercups shoes a bit, it seems to be a lot brighter than those of the other two. Don't know why (maybe green just "pops" more than pink or pastel blue.)
"For I have heard the Song of War, and to me, it sounds just like "Please, Mister Custer.""

Cogito Ergot Sum, "I think there is something wrong with this rye bread." (Aplogies to Seafrol.)

Postby Hiroko » Wed Jan 08, 2014 11:54 pm

So, this was released today:

Sung by Ringo Starr, which is kinda funny.
The Sentimental One

Postby mikey » Fri Jan 10, 2014 2:57 am

Eh. :( It's not available in the Philippines... There any other videos?
Blood Lord wrote:Gawd. I hope so. It took us years to get through the fight in SB.
SB?
I am sorry for having such a bland username.
Rocket-chainsaw launchers are awesome.

Postby Havoc » Fri Jan 10, 2014 3:00 am

SB=Sugar Bits. Another one of Bleed's comics.
Also You live in the same country as Bleed.
User No. 24602
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby mikey » Fri Jan 10, 2014 3:09 am

Havoc wrote:SB=Sugar Bits. Another one of Bleed's comics.

Ah. For a moment there, I thought he was referring to the SB Forum for some reason.
Also You live in the same country as Bleed.

Yes. Yes I do. I'd guess he's more in the northern part rather than in the south though.

Postby Hiroko » Fri Jan 10, 2014 3:33 am

mikey wrote:Eh. :( It's not available in the Philippines... There any other videos?

Here, try this.

For future reference, this website can help circumvent that kind of thing. Hope that helps with future videos you want to see!
The Sentimental One

Postby mikey » Fri Jan 10, 2014 3:43 am

It worked! Thanks a lot!

Postby GrimlyLoveGunner » Mon Jan 13, 2014 6:30 pm

The art is the main thing for EVERYONE. Fox eyes make them all look pretentious and... too adult. Weren't the like seven in the show? And there's only so much plot available to counter-act that feeling.

It reminds me of an old rule for fanart drawing. When a character is cute, don't try to DRAW THEM CUTE. You draw them as they are, and let it come naturally.

The thing is, they're overloading it for a newer audience. When the people here- who are most interested- would be looking for old-fashioned fun and nostalgia......

I was quite okay with PPGX because it was goofy what-it-is-is-what-its-supposed-to-be-anime-satire. But this.... This is kinda sad....

The actual SPECIAL is going to have to be kick-ass awesome in the story department to keep this from being.... like... y'know.... complete shit.....

AND RINGO DID NOTHING BUT RAISE THE BAR. DX
~My Art thread with picture & info on my Fairly Odd Parents Doujinshi!~
viewtopic.php?f=5&t=55061
Iwannabeyourtldrbitch

Postby Mon-Kitsune » Mon Jan 13, 2014 7:02 pm

Actually, they were gemnerally assumed to be five (that's why they were in kindergarten, not 2nd grade)
"For I have heard the Song of War, and to me, it sounds just like "Please, Mister Custer.""

Cogito Ergot Sum, "I think there is something wrong with this rye bread." (Aplogies to Seafrol.)

PreviousNext

Return to Bleed Forum (Comics and Animation)