PPGD - Bet, Check, Raise. All In? (01 Febuary 2013)

The forum for Bleedman fans! Feel free to discuss other comics and cartoons, as well.

Moderator: Mod Squad

Re: PPGD - Bet, Check, Raise. All In? (01 Febuary 2013)

Postby Blood Lord » Mon Feb 04, 2013 4:32 pm

CTCFirebird wrote:
Birdofterror wrote:Eh, just some fun numbers to throw around. We all friends here. I wasn't trying to contradict or anything, was just saying. Lighten up. lol

Onward to page 10!

ROFL I have to agree with you right there! XD But I think at some point we should call it quits soon. It's getting quite long despite the disagreement we had earlier.

Quit what?

Postby rac7d » Mon Feb 04, 2013 4:33 pm

I think bell is more likly to grab gir rather then shove blossom since that could potentialy make her hit gir by accident.

Postby CTCFirebird » Mon Feb 04, 2013 6:23 pm

Blood Lord wrote:
CTCFirebird wrote:
Birdofterror wrote:Eh, just some fun numbers to throw around. We all friends here. I wasn't trying to contradict or anything, was just saying. Lighten up. lol

Onward to page 10!

ROFL I have to agree with you right there! XD But I think at some point we should call it quits soon. It's getting quite long despite the disagreement we had earlier.

Quit what?

To make this too, too long.

rac7d wrote:I think bell is more likly to grab gir rather then shove blossom since that could potentialy make her hit gir by accident.

Yeah. Blossom is using psychology against Bell to use Gir as her trump card since she knows that Gir would be Bell's weakness and someone who she cares about. It's like Blossom is saying that she's had about enough of Bell of trying to convince her to stop this madness and everything and that play time is over. If Bell doesn't keep her cool, then she will lose to Blossom. If Gir wasn't with Bell, then Bell would (probably) have an advantage.
I am the Winner

Postby Blood Lord » Mon Feb 04, 2013 7:03 pm

What to long? Be specific here man, are you talking about making the thread multiple pages? Because that isn't a problem and is encouraged when there are good things to discuss. GT pages would get into the 30s and 40s.

Postby CTCFirebird » Mon Feb 04, 2013 7:24 pm

Blood Lord wrote:What to long? Be specific here man, are you talking about making the thread multiple pages? Because that isn't a problem and is encouraged when there are good things to discuss. GT pages would get into the 30s and 40s.

That is what I'm talking about and sorry didn't know that. I don't come here that often as I should. Not like this month. I don't pay too much attention to GT, but thanks for the info.
I am the Winner

Postby Blood Lord » Mon Feb 04, 2013 7:28 pm

Yeah, no problem. Usually its talk on good things, and not junk like this.

Such as the idea that the bomb transports individuals to key moments of time, such as the girls going to when Bunny was created, and Dexter to when DeeDee died. Or removes them all from critical times or time, making a different outcome. Or teleports the world somewhere else (which would effectively kill everyone if the solar conditions are wrong).

Postby CTCFirebird » Mon Feb 04, 2013 7:42 pm

I got the idea. Thanks
I am the Winner

Postby Havoc » Mon Feb 04, 2013 10:19 pm

I wonder since Blossom and Bell are so close to the bomb when it goes off, if either/both of them will experience an isolated effect of some sort.

Blood Lord wrote:Such as the idea that the bomb transports individuals to key moments of time, such as the girls going to when Bunny was created, and Dexter to when DeeDee died. Or removes them all from critical times or time, making a different outcome. Or teleports the world somewhere else (which would effectively kill everyone if the solar conditions are wrong).

Those are some crazy, yet interesting theories. Did you come up with them, or is that like a collection of what other people have come up over the years?
User No. 24602
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Blood Lord » Mon Feb 04, 2013 10:27 pm

I came up with the first one just barely, the second was hinted at by BR, and the last was an original idea that existed on the forum for a while. I don't know if its dead yet.

Postby Havoc » Mon Feb 04, 2013 10:57 pm

Do you think there's a chance we'll see like, an alternate future for Megaville or something?
Who knows, maybe Clockwork will get involved somehow.
User No. 24602
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Blood Lord » Tue Feb 05, 2013 1:01 am

Possibly. Perhaps that alternate future will be GT's Megaville and that will be the time when they draw a clear line between the two being in different universes.

Postby Birdofterror » Tue Feb 05, 2013 1:53 am

Blood Lord wrote:Possibly. Perhaps that alternate future will be GT's Megaville and that will be the time when they draw a clear line between the two being in different universes.
Wait, I thought that PPGD is the one being altered, so GT's Megaville would be the original and whatever comes out of this will be the "Version 2."

On account that the time device is in this universe and never mentioned in GT, pointing GT in the direction of 'normal.'
"It's such a fine line between clever and stupid."

The Chronometal Wars, a fan-fiction taking place in the PPGD Universe. Catastrophe is the only certainty.
Bird oft Error

Postby CTCFirebird » Tue Feb 05, 2013 2:16 am

I thought GT has nothing to do with PPGD. I heard that they were both completely different stories and that they won't lead to anything towards each other (from PPGD to GT).
I am the Winner

Postby Havoc » Tue Feb 05, 2013 2:35 am

CTCFirebird wrote:I thought GT has nothing to do with PPGD. I heard that they were both completely different stories and that they won't lead to anything towards each other (from PPGD to GT).

Well you thought correctly, they are separate timelines, stories, universe, etc. however it's all very, very, complicated. The thing is PPGD WON'T lead to GT, so don't worry about that. However, many have assumed that this whole "time bomb" thing, in someway, is what's setting them apart, but no one really knows for sure at this point. Like I said it's complicated.
User No. 24602
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Slendy » Tue Feb 05, 2013 5:19 am

Not gonna lie, I definitely freaked out a little when I logged in and saw the discussion was at page 5. So in the old days these threads would get up past 30 pages? That'd be awesome if we generated enough activity to do that again. Everybody tell your friends about snafu! :D

As for the page, there's not much I have left to say that hasn't been said by everyone else already. Maybe that's why the discussions for these don't go on for very long, people run out of things to talk about. I definitely like the theory of GT being the original universe and PPGD becoming the altered one. Though, the multiverse theory doesn't exactly require giant time bombs to split universes. Something as simple as choosing flip-flops or sandals could spark two different universes.

Here's something to discuss: Dr. X's intentions. My memory is a bit foggy, but I believe I remember him stating that not even he knows what the aftermath of the explosion will be. We can speculate what the bomb's effect is all day long, but we won't know it until more pages come out. But why would Dr. X want to blow up a bomb if he's unsure of the outcome? Is he a nihilist and just wants to destroy everything? I don't really see that, he strikes me more as the typical world domination villain (even saying that was his intention to Mojo, though he could have been lying). Maybe he's just curious what will happen, like me when I choose to use metronome on pokemon over a much better move.
Denizen of Darkness

Postby Blood Lord » Tue Feb 05, 2013 9:30 am

Birdofterror wrote:
Blood Lord wrote:Possibly. Perhaps that alternate future will be GT's Megaville and that will be the time when they draw a clear line between the two being in different universes.
Wait, I thought that PPGD is the one being altered, so GT's Megaville would be the original and whatever comes out of this will be the "Version 2."

On account that the time device is in this universe and never mentioned in GT, pointing GT in the direction of 'normal.'

Depends on your point of view. A deviation from what we perceive as "normal" is alternate. Therefore they are both alternate timelines.

Well, it was never mentioned yet.

Havoc751 wrote:Well you thought correctly, they are separate timelines, stories, universe, etc. however it's all very, very, complicated. The thing is PPGD WON'T lead to GT, so don't worry about that.

In theory, we don't know when the division point between the two happened. they are related, sharing similar characters both as supportive and cameo appearence. Bell and Dr X are in GT during Grim's flashback, the whole future situation, etc.

Postby BeeAre » Tue Feb 05, 2013 7:04 pm

Good, arguing stopped. Was going to be cross if it continued much longer.

To help spur on discussion, let me prod you all with the stick of intrigue.

Birdofterror wrote:
Blood Lord wrote:But the idea of Blossom nailing the bomb on accident is a good possibility.

Figures, her main strength here is her intelligence, but the possibility of her outright messing up always seems to loom over her battles. It's kind of Ironic.

I appreciate that you successfully understood and used irony, but consider what Monteray (Kainsword's arbitrary name) or Battus (my Cluster-centric "-us" ending theme) said during transwarp. The bomb has no power.

Blossom's laser is not nearly enough to set it off nor destroy it. She doesn't know that, but she is not going to investigate in that direction for fear that her laser IS strong enough. Detonating the bomb is singularly contrary to what she wants: for it to not detonate at all. We know she is going to fail, but how?

And don't forget, Sam and Buttercup still are fighting above them.

Additionally, hurting Gir would make circumstances much worse for her in a fight with Bell. The threat of damaging Gir is more powerful for Blossom's intention than actually damaging him.

How interesting is that?

Slendy wrote:Not gonna lie, I definitely freaked out a little when I logged in and saw the discussion was at page 5. So in the old days these threads would get up past 30 pages? That'd be awesome if we generated enough activity to do that again. Everybody tell your friends about snafu! :D

As for the page, there's not much I have left to say that hasn't been said by everyone else already. Maybe that's why the discussions for these don't go on for very long, people run out of things to talk about. I definitely like the theory of GT being the original universe and PPGD becoming the altered one. Though, the multiverse theory doesn't exactly require giant time bombs to split universes. Something as simple as choosing flip-flops or sandals could spark two different universes.

Here's something to discuss: Dr. X's intentions. My memory is a bit foggy, but I believe I remember him stating that not even he knows what the aftermath of the explosion will be. We can speculate what the bomb's effect is all day long, but we won't know it until more pages come out. But why would Dr. X want to blow up a bomb if he's unsure of the outcome? Is he a nihilist and just wants to destroy everything? I don't really see that, he strikes me more as the typical world domination villain (even saying that was his intention to Mojo, though he could have been lying). Maybe he's just curious what will happen, like me when I choose to use metronome on pokemon over a much better move.

First: your IPs are unique, but you claim to be a previous user in context. Interesting. Also you too are a victim of Something Awful's unique monster mythology, Slendy.

Second: Quantum deviation allows for GT's Bad Future PpGD to exist, so I simply say that the timelines diverted a lo-o-o-o-o-o-ong time ago. If anyone suggests that they are related, the rest of you better get to that person first and correct their ignorance, or I WILL SLAUGHTER THEM IN THEIR SLEEP.

Third: Dr. X does not know the outcome because of his bomb operates in its description with at least a few words that Gir "accidentally" spilled a page back. My pseudoscience (a necessary evil for decent science fiction) is rather elegant in that regard, I think. And he does want to take over the world... but in an unusually specific way.

In conclusion, a few of the pieces related to one another: Combine Gir's spill of, what, two adjectives? with Otto's presence, reaction, and description to Professor Utonium. Your biggest hint: Dr. X can never, ever, EVER let his bomb design to be found in any regard whatsoever.

The final hint? Think about the Illustrious Erwin Schrödinger and his Cat.
Snafu Comics' Forum Alpha Bro, Staff Writer, Editor, Image, and Keeper of the Jar Brain of Secret President. RIP Ku Ku Ku \(-^.^-)/ U Wuz A REAL N***A!!!!!!!
"We're quite aware of this. BR is no happy rainbow face man. He is simply our neighborhood best fucking poster." ~ Warbear
最後の撃は。。。切ない。Puff Most Epic.
Ladies and Gentlemen, The:
BR

Postby Princess » Tue Feb 05, 2013 7:14 pm

BeeAre wrote:The threat of damaging Gir is more powerful for Blossom's intention than actually damaging him.

THANK YOU. This is all I was saying, somehow it turned into this giant debate with people not understanding what a threat is/WHY IT IS A GOOD IDEA ON BLOSSOM'S PART.
Tuor: Stuff is our resident, hot mess, alcoholic.
Tuor: You foolish fools, no one can tame the stuffaluffagus!
All Men Must Die
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Slendy » Tue Feb 05, 2013 8:03 pm

BeeAre wrote:First: your IPs are unique, but you claim to be a previous user in context. Interesting. Also you too are a victim of Something Awful's unique monster mythology, Slendy.

Well, I made this account and did my first couple posts on university internet. Then I moved into my apartment (having previously lived in a fraternity) at the start of this new semester and used the crappy free internet it provided. I called up Time Warner Cable and got much more reliable internet afterwards. So there could be up to 3 unique IPs I've posted from. Also, I'm no victim, I AM Slenderman. This is just what I do in my off-time when not hunting down people in forests.

BeeAre wrote:Second: Quantum deviation allows for GT's Bad Future PpGD to exist, so I simply say that the timelines diverted a lo-o-o-o-o-o-ong time ago.

So, they diverted a long time ago (the amount of "o's" in your long indicates that it was likely before the PPG even moved to Megaville, possibly even before they were born. Or during dinosaurs. Fuck yeah, dinosaurs. Despite this, the two universes have proceeded extremely similarly to each other (Mandy having once been Bubbles's friend, PPG moving to Megaville, pretty much anything we saw in the flashbacks that lined up). So if they didn't largely differentiate themselves at the point of time they diverted from each other, why would that change so drastically in the future? I just picture the multiverse theory as a line that separates into 2 other lines, each branching outwards at a 45 degree angle forming a "V" shape. What you've described here is a line that separates into 2 lines that proceed upwards parallel to each other and then drift apart at an unknown time in the future for seemingly no reason.

As for your other comments about the bomb, I'm definitely intrigued by it now. If I have some time tonight I'll look through those and see what I can piece together.
Denizen of Darkness

Postby Birdofterror » Wed Feb 06, 2013 12:12 am

BeeAre wrote:The final hint? Think about the Illustrious Erwin Schrödinger and his Cat.
Until we find out if the bomb will go off, it could be perceived as both active and inactive at the same time? Or is this hint directed at something else, and not the bomb so much?
Princess Stuff wrote:somehow it turned into this giant debate with people not understanding what a threat is
Well, all I was saying was attacking Gir was bad. I never said it wasn't a threat. I wasn't saying she 'wasn't' threatening Gir, I was just asking why. It wasn't a debate, it was a question no-one answered, so I ended up answering it myself.
BeeAre wrote:Second: Quantum deviation allows for GT's Bad Future PpGD to exist, so I simply say that the timelines diverted a lo-o-o-o-o-o-ong time ago.
So, you're saying: "Instead of having fun easilly and effectively setting up a separation story that simultaniously links the stories through catastrophe, we just decided to use the exact same world and heroes and have them unrelated to each other?"

While what you say goes and I have accepted this for a VERY long time already, I would be amiss in my duty as a creative mind to say that this is a very large missed opportunity to both link AND separate the stories at the same time in a logical and very fun method. Along the way, having a lot of fun while labeling one story as 'original' and another as 'altered' thereby making both of the stories infinitely more interesting. But, as you said- they are not linked in any way so they are just unaffiliated stories, making this bomb only so relevent even though it could be so much more.

But yeah, in general I have enjoyed these past couple of days. It's like people really started being online more often, allowing for more continous conversation. Perhaps a sign of healing?

The Chronometal Wars, a fan-fiction taking place in the PPGD Universe. Catastrophe is the only certainty.
Bird oft Error

Postby Blood Lord » Wed Feb 06, 2013 12:27 am

A sign of healing? Perhaps, yes. If you can access the Gold Club section, then I'd look for suggestions in there on how to speed this healing process up.

I agree with Bird (what a shocker!) about the storyline division. It would have been a great place to use that, but I figured it split a long time ago too. Just dying hope.

As for the bomb thing. I'm getting tired of it. I still appreciate what you're doing BR, don't get me wrong.
Last edited by Blood Lord on Wed Feb 06, 2013 12:30 am, edited 1 time in total.

Postby K13-ZAR » Wed Feb 06, 2013 12:29 am

BeeAre wrote:Second: Quantum deviation allows for GT's Bad Future PpGD to exist, so I simply say that the timelines diverted a lo-o-o-o-o-o-ong time ago. If anyone suggests that they are related, the rest of you better get to that person first and correct their ignorance, or I WILL SLAUGHTER THEM IN THEIR SLEEP.

ohhh.....thats no fun instead you should hunt them down gut them like a fish, cut out their tongue, slit their throat, shoot them in the head, rip out their heart, pee on them, pour gasoline all over their body then light them on fire, and finally flush their ashes down a dirty toilet in a gas station out in the middle of no where :twisted:

.....................( reads what I have written ) BLOODY HELL I'm really bored to have written this junk
Last edited by K13-ZAR on Wed Feb 06, 2013 7:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I'm NOT CRAZY! I'm just unpredictable there's a difference

Postby Birdofterror » Wed Feb 06, 2013 12:30 am

Blood Lord agreed with me. :eek: I'm honored...!

Bird oft Error

Postby Havoc » Wed Feb 06, 2013 12:42 am

BeeAre wrote: Quantum deviation allows for GT's Bad Future PpGD to exist, so I simply say that the timelines diverted a lo-o-o-o-o-o-ong time ago

So, I take it the bomb has nothing to do with the separation of the two timeline, right?
I assume you're either telling me:
a) something else in the story, a while back split the two apart, and nobody caught it, or
b) drop it, and leave it the fuck alone.

BeeAre wrote:If anyone suggests that they are related, the rest of you better get to that person first and correct their ignorance

Actually, I think you'll be happy to know that whenever I tell somebody about PPGD and GT for the first time, I always make a point to mention that they ARE in fact, not related.

BeeAre wrote:Third: Dr. X does not know the outcome because of his bomb operates in its description with at least a few words that Gir "accidentally" spilled a page back. My pseudoscience (a necessary evil for decent science fiction) is rather elegant in that regard, I think. And he does want to take over the world... but in an unusually specific way.

In conclusion, a few of the pieces related to one another: Combine Gir's spill of, what, two adjectives? with Otto's presence, reaction, and description to Professor Utonium. Your biggest hint: Dr. X can never, ever, EVER let his bomb design to be found in any regard whatsoever.

The final hint? Think about the Illustrious Erwin Schrödinger and his Cat.

Okay, I've been combing over the facts a bit here, and I think I'm starting to get some kind of idea about what you're talking about, but only slightly.

Birdofterror wrote:While what you say goes and I have accepted this for a VERY long time already, I would be amiss in my duty as a creative mind to say that this is a very large missed opportunity to both link AND separate the stories at the same time in a logical and very fun method. Along the way, having a lot of fun while labeling one story as 'original' and another as 'altered' thereby making both of the stories infinitely more interesting. But, as you said- they are not linked in any way so they are just unaffiliated stories, making this bomb only so relevent even though it could be so much more.

I have too agree with Bird and Blood on this one. However I think I have an idea, but I already pitched 2-3 suggestion, and I do not wish to overstep my bounds.
User No. 24602
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby CTCFirebird » Wed Feb 06, 2013 2:05 am

So, GT is like a "what if" story like Dragon Ball GT. I'm getting that vibe. Like what if Blossom had a child and so on and so forth.

From this story of the PPGD so far, when this is over and done, it would be pretty dramatic for us to see Blossom seeing Dexter and Olga kissing once she tries to find them. Actually, I would like to see that lol Blossom would be like "HOW DARE SHE!"

I'm currently wondering what the next page would be like and what the RRBs and the others special guest characters are up to anyways when all this is happening. Bell escaping with Gir? I'm hoping to see Johnny Bravo, btw! Project Bravo LOL

Havoc751 wrote:I have too agree with Bird and Blood on this one. However I think I have an idea, but I already pitched 2-3 suggestion, and I do not wish to overstep my bounds.

I would like to hear them, but it's ok if you do not want to say what your suggestions are

BeeAre wrote:Second: Quantum deviation allows for GT's Bad Future PpGD to exist, so I simply say that the timelines diverted a lo-o-o-o-o-o-ong time ago. If anyone suggests that they are related, the rest of you better get to that person first and correct their ignorance, or I WILL SLAUGHTER THEM IN THEIR SLEEP.

I'll take my chances LOL Anyways, I gonna sleep. 'night!
I am the Winner

PreviousNext

Return to Bleed Forum (Comics and Animation)