Bet, Check, Raise. All In?

Discuss new comics, posts, and news directly from the Snafu-Comics main page!

Moderator: Mod Squad

Re: Bet, Check, Raise. All In?

Postby Blood Lord » Sat Feb 02, 2013 11:29 pm

CrimsonRaine wrote:I wonder what the creators think when they're reading the theories others are making about their stories, since they know all the answers and all. Do they laugh when they're way off? Or do they decide to take a hit out on someone who's too accurate and needs to be shut up so they don't ruin it...

They laugh and leave cryptic messages. BR is the writer of PpGD and does that a lot.

Postby Sonata2011 » Sun Feb 03, 2013 3:42 pm

WATCH BLEED MAN!!
YOU Starting to color Blossom's hair away from orange now! :unsure:
Dexter Rules

Postby Havoc » Sun Feb 03, 2013 4:23 pm

Did you mean "WATCH IT BLEED MAN", or are you telling me to watch Bleed man?
I kinda agree her hair has gotten a little..brownish over the years. But it's not too big of a deal really.
User No. 24602
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby CrimsonRaine » Sun Feb 03, 2013 4:46 pm

Havoc751 wrote:Did you mean "WATCH IT BLEED MAN", or are you telling me to watch Bleed man?
I kinda agree her hair has gotten a little..brownish over the years. But it's not too big of a deal really.

It might be the dim lighting in the room or something, even the shade of her dress is darker. But if you look back before they went into that room her hair is more orange. I don't think they're coloring her hair wrong without realizing it. Or maybe they're changing it up a bit.
WHAT'S MY NAME BITCHES?!

Postby Xi-1 » Sun Feb 03, 2013 7:00 pm

This is my serious face. Oh, and I Call.

In some ways Bubbles's lightheartedness is similar to Pinkie Pie's -- and they are both The Laughter after all. But Bubbles is also the Beast Tamer of the team, and that does take emotional fortitude and compassion -- thus, like Fluttershy, Bubbles may be the only one capable of taming a chaotic element. Plus, she does speak Squirrel.

Blossom being the Mind, Buttercup the Body, and Bubbles the Soul is a reflection that, while each has her own specialty and strength, they work best when they're working as a team, thus their most powerful techniques have always been team techniques -- yet BeeAre was careful to make sure to split the team very quickly. And even if Buttercup can beat Sam and get to Blossom before Bell goes berserk over the great on Gir, the team will still be incomplete. Blossom may be able to come up with a strategy for her and Buttercup to double-team on Bell, but the team will still be missing its Heart -- and we know Bubbles doesn't rejoin her sisters before the bomb goes off. I find it unlikely anyone but the 5 already there (including Gir) will play any part in this battle.

It also seems curious that Bell, being White (Blank) is the sum of Blossom (Red/Pink), Buttercup (Green), and Bubbles (Blue) instead of Black (All-Consuming Sum).

Yes, 'bel' does meant 'battle.' Just like 'Cantus Bellax' means 'Song of Battle' or 'Battle Hymn.' It's from Negima.

Sometimes when an author is writing, the characters may seem to take on lives of their own and do things seemingly of their own volition, making things happen that weren't originally planned. This means that the author may not know everything. But I do not think they dislike seeing their readers enjoying their works and speculating about what will happen next. If they did, BeeAre would never come here. Certain writers are notorious for making sure a speculation does not, however, come to pass. But if it's part of the overall story arc, then of course it would happen anyway: it's part of the Plot.
A Page Flipper

Postby rac7d » Mon Feb 04, 2013 2:23 am

Yea, so why is bell white rather then black if she is supposedly perfect pink light and light green does not make white

Postby JunSama » Mon Feb 04, 2013 2:26 am

Ooo... Things just went from intense to uber-real.

Postby Blood Lord » Mon Feb 04, 2013 3:20 pm

rac7d wrote:Yea, so why is bell white rather then black if she is supposedly perfect pink light and light green does not make white

You forgot blue.

So to understand this, you have to know how light works. Basically, light is an emission of energy measure in wavelengths. That energy is created by the movement of electrons in atoms. White contains all the wavelengths of visible light without absorption, has maximum brightness, and does not have any hue.

White is the reflection of all colors, black is the absorption. Now when you mix paint color together, you do get black because you are doing subtractive color mixing, because you are removing the amount of light and making it darker. With light and not paints like the above image, its known as additive color mixing. Its adding light. the more light waves added, the more reflect making white.

Postby konata50 » Mon Feb 04, 2013 5:34 pm

hopefully there will be explosions if there are explosions there will be gravity than skirts flipping :3
The Kona-Squad's sign of approval..

Postby Brandun13 » Mon Feb 04, 2013 6:09 pm

Xi-1 wrote:This is my serious face. Oh, and I Call.

In some ways Bubbles's lightheartedness is similar to Pinkie Pie's -- and they are both The Laughter after all. But Bubbles is also the Beast Tamer of the team, and that does take emotional fortitude and compassion -- thus, like Fluttershy, Bubbles may be the only one capable of taming a chaotic element. Plus, she does speak Squirrel.

Ummm she defiantly doesn't speak just squirrel. I'm pretty sure she can speak to all animals. I may be wrong but so far in the comic shes spoken to Courage and in her T.V show she spoke to cats in one episode. And what does speaking squirrel have to do with anything?
Thirteen

Postby CrimsonRaine » Tue Feb 05, 2013 2:29 am

Brandun13 wrote:
Xi-1 wrote:This is my serious face. Oh, and I Call.

Ummm she defiantly doesn't speak just squirrel. I'm pretty sure she can speak to all animals. I may be wrong but so far in the comic shes spoken to Courage and in her T.V show she spoke to cats in one episode. And what does speaking squirrel have to do with anything?

You forgot Spanish. She also spoke to a giant, mutant hamster monster thing that was on fire in Spanish.
WHAT'S MY NAME BITCHES?!

Postby Jazzy Blitz » Tue Feb 05, 2013 8:50 am

Can't wait to see what happen's next :devil:
Jazzy C. Blitz
The only thing that stand between me and stupid people is this sentence.

Postby Brandun13 » Tue Feb 05, 2013 6:19 pm

CrimsonRaine wrote:
You forgot Spanish. She also spoke to a giant, mutant hamster monster thing that was on fire in Spanish.

hmmmm yes this is true.
Thirteen

Postby Xi-1 » Thu Feb 07, 2013 5:21 pm

Sorry, it was another MLP: FiM Voice Actor Allusion, to when Twilight Sparkle says "do I look like I speak Squirrel?" As indicated in a previous thread when another user asked who we imagine as voicing Bell, Tara Strong also voiced Bubbles. Who speaks Squirrel. And Twilight, who does not.

And because Lauren Faust worked on both series.

Hmm. Blossom is all charged up. Is this another case of "whoever shoots first loses?" Ah, but the MythBusters busted that one.
A Page Flipper

Postby Blood Lord » Thu Feb 07, 2013 7:59 pm

I believe we are in for another classic "good guy wins last" situation.

Postby Xi-1 » Fri Feb 08, 2013 4:14 pm

And the last one to win is the most important victory of all, or at least the one that's best-remembered. Which is to say that even though we know the bomb goes off, that doesn't mean the 'Big Time Heroes' can't do something to improve upon the situation later. Although that does depend on how bad the situation might become.

Else there's a good chance of "good job breaking it, hero."
A Page Flipper

Postby Blood Lord » Fri Feb 08, 2013 4:48 pm

I hope for that.

Previous

Return to Comic Updates and News!