Powerpuff Girls Return? Edit: False Edit2: True?

The forum for Bleedman fans! Feel free to discuss other comics and cartoons, as well.

Moderator: Mod Squad

Re: Powerpuff Girls Return? Edit: False

Postby Numa430 » Tue Nov 27, 2012 1:09 am

Yeah which means that Powerpuff Girls is in fact going to be rebooted in 2013.
Under the bed

Postby Saint Soul » Tue Nov 27, 2012 1:35 pm

So is alot of shit.
"Small muscles, big brain, the heart of a lion."
—Anthony DiNozzo on Timothy McGee
User formaly known as Soulchild

Postby Birdofterror » Tue Nov 27, 2012 1:37 pm

Very interesting... I was certain it started off as a joke.

But hey, if this is true then... well... ugh, I don't know...

Part of me is like 'yay it's coming back!' and the other parts are like 'They are going to fuck it up. BAD.'

I can't get too excited, even if it's true; which it may not be in the first place.
"It's such a fine line between clever and stupid."

The Chronometal Wars, a fan-fiction taking place in the PPGD Universe. Catastrophe is the only certainty.
Bird oft Error

Postby Guardian » Tue Nov 27, 2012 1:46 pm

Or you could be like me, an emotionless bastard who could careless.

On the other hand, if Bleedman watches this, perhaps PpGD will accelerate its production rate...
“Salvation comes with a cost. Judge us not by our methods, but by what we seek to accomplish.”

"To punish and enslave..."
Semper Vigilans

Postby Birdofterror » Tue Nov 27, 2012 4:23 pm

On my side; I'm sure either way, being a good reboot or a bad I still wouldn't watch it, I would just be happy to know it's back.
Blood Lord wrote:On the other hand, if Bleedman watches this, perhaps PpGD will accelerate its production rate...
I'm sure we will hit the bottom of this giant hole before the next April First.

The Chronometal Wars, a fan-fiction taking place in the PPGD Universe. Catastrophe is the only certainty.
Bird oft Error

Re: Powerpuff Girls Return? Edit: False Edit2: True?

Postby Guardian » Wed Nov 28, 2012 1:14 am

Gawd. I hope so. It took us years to get through the fight in SB.
“Salvation comes with a cost. Judge us not by our methods, but by what we seek to accomplish.”

Semper Vigilans

Postby Mad-Mutt » Wed Dec 05, 2012 2:09 pm

BeeAre wrote:in my wildest dreams: I want my continuity to be seen by McCracken and turned into an XTREEM versions of the girls for a new audience, with moderate success, like Batman Beyond, and not say, that one weird Looney Tunes Superhero thing? Bad. Batman Beyond? Cool!

Because I was always irritated that the show flirted with the idea of making the girls concrete superheroes and never REALLY did, to leave them in a drifting place between perfectly silly cartoons and to give them permanence rather than this drifting sense of sometimes real sometimes not real.

By continuity I guess you mean Puff Most Epic?
I too would like to see a darker and more superhero approach to the series, hell I've even been playing around with the idea on my Devaintart account going as far as drawing older versions of the girls and more threatening looks for the villains.
By the way PME is one of the few PPG fanfics that I enjoyed so congrats.
It would be cool if CN actually tried to go that direction, I'd like to see something like Batman TAS, a darker approach, but still accessible to children. It doesn't have to be as serious as Batman, but it would be cool to see something like that since most fans of the show like us are older now.
Bark

Postby Guardian » Sat Feb 02, 2013 5:36 pm

yah. I say this in the Snafu Sections. Been there for a few weeks now.

As I said over there, it looks like shit.

Semper Vigilans

Postby Mad-Mutt » Sat Feb 02, 2013 6:11 pm

Might be wearing the nostalgia goggles for this one, but I'm not too crazy about their look there.
Bark

Postby Birdofterror » Sat Feb 02, 2013 6:45 pm

The concept is fine, hell... even the art is fine. Every major point is hit.

... Maybe dial down Blossom's hair a teeny bit though?

Bird oft Error

Postby Guardian » Sat Feb 02, 2013 6:55 pm

It looks like South Park animation. Gwad, I was hoping if they ever rebooted this, they would at least have made the girls look more human.

Semper Vigilans

Postby Biostar » Sat Feb 02, 2013 7:35 pm

I have likes and dislikes about it. I'll wait until we can see the animation for it.

Postby Mad-Mutt » Sat Feb 02, 2013 7:54 pm

I will say this, before I watched the new Ninja Turtles series, I wasn't too into the new look, but after seeing the characters move I started to get into it. I am kind of hoping these are just early concept stage sketches and they're final look will be better. I also heard a rumor that the new PPG will be in 3d animation.
And I agree with Blood Lord, I would like to see a series where they look more human, as much as I think the old designs where cute.
Bark

Postby Guardian » Sat Feb 02, 2013 7:57 pm

I think I'm just going to have to break down and check out PpGZ in order to fulfill that desire of mine.

Semper Vigilans

Postby Mad-Mutt » Sat Feb 02, 2013 9:09 pm

I tried to get into the PPGZ series, but I ran into the same problem I did when I tried to like the Bleedman comics. There's just too much stuff that kind of throws me off.
In PPGZ they aren't sisters which looses the whole family dynamic I liked about the show. How they weren't just a team, they were family and they were close like that. Their origin is weird to me and when I first saw it I thought Japanese Utonium was firing a death ray at the city and holding at ransom or something, they have to transform to use their powers and a bunch of other stuff I didn't get into. I get that artist liberty is a thing and everyone is gonna want to put their own take on it and you can't please everyone, but PPGZ didn't feel like the show to me, it was just something that had similar looking characters in it.

With PPGD its just that there's all these characters and the girls kind of get lost in the shuffle even though its suppose to be about them, but at least after BeeAre started writing it, they're personalities are a bit more accurate. I'm just not that into it either, but then again I'm one of those die hard fans, I liked BeeAre Puff Most Epic fanfiction and I could still go on and on about things I didn't like about it. That doesn't mean I didn't enjoy it though.

PPGZ I just couldn't get into and I tried. I wanted to like this show, but there was so much changed and not for the better that just turned me away from it. Also it was really girly. I know that's weird coming from a brony, but its just strange to me. And the original show wasn't just targeted at girls, I hate it when people say that. Just because it features a female main cast doesn't meant that it was meant for girls. It was meant for both genders and it is often called one of the most violent cartoons in history, a claim that's not entirely unfounded. The girls game plan for all evil doers was basically beating the shit out them. Sure Blossom would try to be a bit more strategic than her sisters, but in the end she was breaking just as many bones as Bubbles and Buttercup and she did all with a smile on her face.

Okay... wow, I just when into that fan mode where I can't stop talking about something I like so I'm gonna stop here before this gets too long.

In the end what it comes down to is personal taste and I won't hate on anyone for liking PPGZ, but I personally wasn't into it.

On a side note, if they were to seriously try and make more realistic designs for the girls while paying homage to their original look, what do any of you think it'd look like. Hm, that's not a half bad idea I should try to draw that.
Bark

Postby Guardian » Sat Feb 02, 2013 11:37 pm

Wow. Mini text wall. I don't have too much of a problem when they deviate from the original. Hence why I like the new Star Trek movie so much. It pissed so many people off that it went into a different, parallel universe direction. If someone reboots, or restarts something, they should do it a little different if not completely different. Gives more perspective, ideas, evolution. I wouldn't want to see the exact same thing.

Edit: Never mind, just tried to watch PpGZ...

As for Bleed's comics, I liked the shows, and I'm always down for fan pieces that go into the realm of the future.

For design, They kinda already did. The Fusionfall thing. I support that kind of design. But by all means, please draw your own. I want to see what you come up with.

Semper Vigilans

Postby Havoc » Sun Feb 03, 2013 1:57 am

Blood Lord wrote:Edit: Never mind, just tried to watch PpGZ.

You too? *sigh* how far did you make it in? I think I only lasted about 60 seconds.
And from what I can gather, they even got the whole, RRBXPPG hook up thing.I have to ask, am I the only one around here who finds the exact counterpart romance slightly...disturbing?

Blood Lord wrote: I was hoping if they ever rebooted this, they would at least have made the girls look more human.

I agree. Like I said before something along the lines of Teen Titan , animation wise would be great.
Just throwing this out there, hypothetically, if any/all the Bleed comics were animated cartoons, I think they would look pretty much the same way Teen Titans would, but with blood.
User No. 24602
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Birdofterror » Sun Feb 03, 2013 2:42 am

Havoc751 wrote:You too? *sigh* how far did you make it in? I think I only lasted about 60 seconds.
I 'appreciated' it for what it was, a Japanese re-interpretation of a western children's cartoon. I find the theme song to be infectious... god damn Japanese and their anime theme songs, man...
Blood Lord wrote:Gwad, I was hoping if they ever rebooted this, they would at least have made the girls look more human.
Well... They aren't... er, human that is. They are very self aware as well. A rebirth- and not so much a reboot would entail that it's more or less the same.

Perhaps this is just concept art? Maybe not final drafts?

Bird oft Error

Postby Mad-Mutt » Sun Feb 03, 2013 6:17 pm

Blood Lord wrote:I don't have too much of a problem when they deviate from the original. Hence why I like the new Star Trek movie so much. It pissed so many people off that it went into a different, parallel universe direction. If someone reboots, or restarts something, they should do it a little different if not completely different. Gives more perspective, ideas, evolution. I wouldn't want to see the exact same thing.

Edit: Never mind, just tried to watch PpGZ...

As for Bleed's comics, I liked the shows, and I'm always down for fan pieces that go into the realm of the future.

For design, They kinda already did. The Fusionfall thing. I support that kind of design. But by all means, please draw your own. I want to see what you come up with.

(Removed after I made an art thread)
Last edited by Mad-Mutt on Mon Dec 23, 2013 9:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Bark

Postby Guardian » Sun Feb 03, 2013 7:02 pm

I like the Punisher. I always want to get a commission from bleed with Blossom styled as the Punisher.

Semper Vigilans

Postby CTCFirebird » Sun Feb 03, 2013 8:52 pm

Honestly, Mad-Mutt, it's awesome. It's a good attempt. Keep it up! :D
I am the Winner

Postby Birdofterror » Sun Feb 03, 2013 8:58 pm

I agree, it's very good looking. The winking lost its personality since it was done twice. Maybe dial that back down a single peg.

I would personally prefer Blossom having long hair. My favorite is by far Bubbles, I like what you did with her.

Bird oft Error

Postby Havoc » Mon Feb 04, 2013 12:42 am

Birdofterror wrote:I would personally prefer Blossom having long hair. My favorite is by far Bubbles, I like what you did with her.

I agree, I think you should make Buttercup and Blossom look a bit more apart, they're a little too similar in appearance.
Also you should give Buttercup an angrier expression. Other than that, you did a pretty good job.
User No. 24602
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Mad-Mutt » Mon Feb 04, 2013 3:02 am

Havoc751 wrote:
Birdofterror wrote:I would personally prefer Blossom having long hair. My favorite is by far Bubbles, I like what you did with her.

I agree, I think you should make Buttercup and Blossom look a bit more apart, they're a little too similar in appearance.
Also you should give Buttercup an angrier expression. Other than that, you did a pretty good job.

Thanks for the feed back guys, I appreciate it. I really do like to hear your honest opinions, I was a little nervous with sharing this here, not anymore though. I glad you liked Bubbles Havoc, I wanted her outfit to be a bit flashy, but not to flashy to reflect her outgoing personality

Now for the thing about Blossom's hair. I personally like the shorter hair and its a bit more realistic. Blossom spends a lot of her day doing battle and long hair would be a liability, it would get caught on things and be grabbed by her enemies. Hell one time in the show Brick actually grabbed Blossom by the hair and whipped her around and threw her (this actually happened in the show).
Also I felt like the long hair and bow reflected some sort of child like innocence and as Blossom got older and more aware of how bad the world can be she cast aside both in order for her appearance to reflect on her new out look, that and she wanted to be taken more seriously as a crime fighter. I wanted to give her a "no nonsense" look because she's the leader. I also draw it that way because to me it looks more refreshing to see her with shorter hair and she seems less bogged down. I know their superheroes and long hair isn't unheard of in that realm, but Blossom's hair isn't something I want to change with this, sorry.

And I'm aware that Buttercup and Blossom look a little a like, they are triplets after all. But this is a first attempt, if I try again in the future I will try to differ them a bit more.

I also agree that the winking thing shouldn't have been used twice. I was going to have Blossom's right eye originally glowing and half open, but it seemed a bit too over done and their eyes didn't glow often in the show. I kind of wish I had gone with it though now.

And incase anyone is wondering why they're all wearing jackets, that was kind of a substitute for capes. I think it makes them look a little more heroic. I did try to mix it up some by having Bubbles wear her's around her waist. Maybe I could also find a way to differ how Buttercup wears her's as well, or give her something else to replace it.
Bark

PreviousNext

Return to Bleed Forum (Comics and Animation)