PPGD - Bet, Check, Raise. All In? (01 Febuary 2013)

The forum for Bleedman fans! Feel free to discuss other comics and cartoons, as well.

Moderator: Mod Squad

Re: PPGD - Bet, Check, Raise. All In? (01 Febuary 2013)

Postby Blood Lord » Sat Feb 02, 2013 7:32 pm

I didn't until it started to become a big deal.
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Havoc » Sat Feb 02, 2013 8:04 pm

Holy shit, we made it to page 3. Sure, like 80% of it was arguing, but still.

Blood Lord wrote:For the last god damn mother fucking time. Bloosom isn't going to kill anyone, she's above that. Its a threat that would compromise her moral values if she "killed" Gir. If she fires, its to wound him or be a warning shot.

Most likely she won't destroy Gir. But like I said, I wouldn't put anything pass Bleed at this point.
User No. 24602
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Blood Lord » Sat Feb 02, 2013 8:16 pm

Maybe will make it to the old days of 30+ pages... Ahh, who am I kidding.
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Princess » Sat Feb 02, 2013 8:33 pm

Do you not know how to read??

The left side of her face is the "You wouldn't"

The right is the "I won't let you". It's like two different panels.
Tuor: You foolish fools, no one can tame the stuffaluffagus!
Oct 31, 2014 at 4:23 pm EST, sempai finally noticed me.
Snafu Mods Suck Slightly Less 2k14
All Men Must Die
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby CTCFirebird » Sat Feb 02, 2013 8:52 pm

I Know, Princess! I know how to read. I AM talking about the right side!

All I'm saying is that the "I won't let you" part isn't the right expression to say something like that. She looks confused instead of being angry or worried or concerned or whatever. That's all I'm saying. Anime, Manga, and Comics are high on expressions as well and anything since they follow the traditional style of drawing, thinking of camera angles such as Bird Eye View, Worms Eye View, etc. It's just the art style of doing things of how you draw. So, whatever the story, situation, personality, etc. the expression MUST be correct of whatever is said. Forget about how the artwork looks that makes it so awe-inspiring. Doing comic books are more than just the pretty pictures.

I would know cause I taught myself art and learned from Street Fighter and Darkstalkers UDON Artist Alvin Lee (Most UDON artists know me personally).

LOL @ Havoc751
I am the Winner

Postby Blood Lord » Sat Feb 02, 2013 9:02 pm

What are you smoking? She isn't entirely angry there. There are elements of worry, confusion and fear there. She is worried about Gir, pissed that Blossom is considering/threatening that, and concerned if she will even be able to block it. Its a fine expersion for what is being conveyed here. The problem is that you are using what you perceive to be the emotion behind the words to tell the story,when most of manga is to tell the story by the expression of its characters. The words are there as an guide post. Good mangas can leave the words out and the reader can still tell whats going on.

CTCFirebird wrote:Doing comic books are more than just the pretty pictures.

No. Its the expressions that translate the emotion, not the words.
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Princess » Sat Feb 02, 2013 9:16 pm

I cannot handle the stupid.
All Men Must Die
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby BeeAre » Sat Feb 02, 2013 9:28 pm

CTCFirebird wrote:I Know, Princess! I know how to read. I AM talking about the right side!

All I'm saying is that the "I won't let you" part isn't the right expression to say something like that. She looks confused instead of being angry or worried or concerned or whatever. That's all I'm saying. Anime, Manga, and Comics are high on expressions as well and anything since they follow the traditional style of drawing, thinking of camera angles such as Bird Eye View, Worms Eye View, etc. It's just the art style of doing things of how you draw. So, whatever the story, situation, personality, etc. the expression MUST be correct of whatever is said. Forget about how the artwork looks that makes it so awe-inspiring. Doing comic books are more than just the pretty pictures.

I would know cause I taught myself art and learned from Street Fighter and Darkstalkers UDON Artist Alvin Lee (Most UDON artists know me personally).

Namedropping and complaining on the expression? I specifically had Bleedman change her expression from one of raw anger to one that fits the theme of the title, and my comment on the page.

In poker, sometimes people wear sunglasses to better hide their expressions. As the glasses come off, people develop what Blossom is using right now: A Poker Face.

Bell, on the other hand, is shocked, and is trying to be threatening, despite her worry.

She is angry, and yelling at Blossom to back off, as a threat, but she has a bad Poker Face, and so her worry and fear show through the cracks of that forced attempt at anger.

You learned art, you said.

You apparently are still learning about the appropriation of words to the art in a narrative, especially given the context of that narrative. At the very least to make the statements you have, you are more concerned with the structure of the actual words than the interplay between what is being shown and what is being told.
Snafu Comics' Forum Alpha Bro, Staff Writer, Editor, Image, and Keeper of the Jar Brain of Secret President. RIP Ku Ku Ku \(-^.^-)/ U Wuz A REAL N***A!!!!!!!
"We're quite aware of this. BR is no happy rainbow face man. He is simply our neighborhood best fucking poster." ~ Warbear
最後の撃は。。。切ない。Puff Most Epic.
Ladies and Gentlemen, The:
BR

Postby CTCFirebird » Sat Feb 02, 2013 9:40 pm

Blood Lord wrote:What are you smoking? She isn't entirely angry there. There are elements of worry, confusion and fear there. She is worried about Gir, pissed that Blossom is considering/threatening that, and concerned if she will even be able to block it. Its a fine expersion for what is being conveyed here. The problem is that you are using what you perceive to be the emotion behind the words to tell the story,when most of manga is to tell the story by the expression of its characters. The words are there as an guide post. Good mangas can leave the words out and the reader can still tell whats going on.

CTCFirebird wrote:Doing comic books are more than just the pretty pictures.

No. Its the expressions that translate the emotion, not the words.

Not smoking anything... I don't smoke. She isn't entirely angry, yet she's pissed? In that panel? If you're pissed, then you are entirely angry. You supremely abhor the person.

All those elements... I don't think you could use that into one whole panel. Yes, I could tell that there are those elements, but I really don't think so for one whole panel. Ima double check with my comic book friends about that. I can think of more of another panel perhaps...

Perceive to be the emotion... Most of the time that counts.

Dude. You just agreed with me there! It's a "yes" not a "no." The story is what counts with the whole thing. You just draw what is scripted. In comics. its about keeping the job and not having one.
I am the Winner

Postby CTCFirebird » Sat Feb 02, 2013 9:47 pm

BeeAre wrote:
CTCFirebird wrote:I Know, Princess! I know how to read. I AM talking about the right side!

Namedropping and complaining on the expression? I specifically had Bleedman change her expression from one of raw anger to one that fits the theme of the title, and my comment on the page.

In poker, sometimes people wear sunglasses to better hide their expressions. As the glasses come off, people develop what Blossom is using right now: A Poker Face.

Bell, on the other hand, is shocked, and is trying to be threatening, despite her worry.

She is angry, and yelling at Blossom to back off, as a threat, but she has a bad Poker Face, and so her worry and fear show through the cracks of that forced attempt at anger.

You learned art, you said.

You apparently are still learning about the appropriation of words to the art in a narrative, especially given the context of that narrative. At the very least to make the statements you have, you are more concerned with the structure of the actual words than the interplay between what is being shown and what is being told.

The poker face I caught on right away. Ahhh. Now, I get it!

Dude, I do 2D and 3D art.

And Princess... I am NOT stupid. I just want to understand. It's unwise that you would call someone who does that stupid...
I am the Winner

Postby The Mad Doctor » Sat Feb 02, 2013 10:59 pm

http://i0.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/ori ... 66/b38.png

This suddenly got matched by blossom's badass.
Not Space Jesus

Postby Blood Lord » Sat Feb 02, 2013 11:17 pm

CTC, you've been here for a while.you should know that double posting is against the rules. Besides, argument over. BR ruled against you. Not to mention that whatever reputation you had just disappeared.

CTCFirebird wrote:Dude. You just agreed with me there! It's a "yes" not a "no." The story is what counts with the whole thing. You just draw what is scripted. In comics. its about keeping the job and not having one.

I never agreed with you. You can draw far more from the images then you can the text. Not to mention that if you bothered to read the part about what is considered "good" manga, you would've understood that.

CTCFirebird wrote:And Princess... I am NOT stupid. I just want to understand. It's unwise that you would call someone who does that stupid...

No. You're an idiot. You weren't trying to understand anything. You were forcing your view against the facts and logic. You came in here with the attitude of being better then everyone else. I think it would be a good time for you to drop this before it gets out of hand. the topic has been settled and anything else on this is going to just as likely escalate into a flame war. Which is also against the rules.
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby CTCFirebird » Sat Feb 02, 2013 11:39 pm

Blood Lord wrote:CTC, you've been here for a while.you should know that double posting is against the rules. Besides, argument over. BR ruled against you. Not to mention that whatever reputation you had just disappeared.

CTCFirebird wrote:Dude. You just agreed with me there! It's a "yes" not a "no." The story is what counts with the whole thing. You just draw what is scripted. In comics. its about keeping the job and not having one.

I never agreed with you. You can draw far more from the images then you can the text. Not to mention that if you bothered to read the part about what is considered "good" manga, you would've understood that.

CTCFirebird wrote:And Princess... I am NOT stupid. I just want to understand. It's unwise that you would call someone who does that stupid...

No. You're an idiot. You weren't trying to understand anything. You were forcing your view against the facts and logic. You came in here with the attitude of being better then everyone else. I think it would be a good time for you to drop this before it gets out of hand. the topic has been settled and anything else on this is going to just as likely escalate into a flame war. Which is also against the rules.

Then everybody else? It's than everybody else. I'm not trying to prove anything except trying to understand something. Plus, I'm a little slow at stuff. Flame of war? WHAT?! I'm not the one who is calling people stupid, idiot and etc. Jeez, get off my back man and try to be understanding instead of being a douche by calling people names. You were the one with the attitude! It's just that it seemed to me that it wasn't like that. BeeAre cleared the whole thing up. So, stop attacking me! I didn't do anything wrong. Against the rules... Flame of war... Let me think... Nah... That's not me. Sounds like you. I'm not the one attacking anybody by calling anyone names, but you left me no choice. And you are the one who said that Professionalism is not that highly valued here as it would be in real life.

It was only Bell's expression of what she said that was bothering me. BeeAre cleared that up. NOW I understand. NOW drop this shit of attacking my ass for no reason and calling my ass names. DO YOU UNDERSTAND THAT!!! Try to be friendly instead of misjudging me and shit! Oh, I act like I was all that. Like I am better than everybody else here. I'm NOT! There are things I can do that nobody can do and things that you and others can do than I can't do!

[sighs] A quote from Hamlet: There's nothing either good or bad, but thinking makes it so.
I am the Winner

Postby The Mad Doctor » Sat Feb 02, 2013 11:39 pm

I honestly, don't like this argument about who's acepting whoms opinions. I realy would like to see a forum where we are not arguing, but more like talking. Although, I have no idea on whats gonna happen at the end of this chapter. But I do understand one thing. We can discuss about our thoughts without lashing out against each other, and possibly help Bleedman improve, by posting our opinions not posting our critizism about other peoples opinions.
Not Space Jesus

Postby Blood Lord » Sat Feb 02, 2013 11:45 pm

NOW I understand. NOW drop this shit of attacking my ass for no reason and calling my ass names. DO YOU UNDERSTAND THAT!!! Try to be friendly instead of misjudging me and shit!

I told you to drop it, and you're still going on about this. Are you done yet?

I honestly, don't like this argument about who's acepting whoms opinions. I realy would like to see a forum where we are not arguing, but more like talking.

Depends on your point of view. I find this an enlightening conversation. that is seriously getting off topic.
possibly help Bleedman improve

He never checks this place.
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby CTCFirebird » Sat Feb 02, 2013 11:46 pm

Blood Lord wrote:

I told you to drop it, and you're still going on about this. Are you done yet?

Now I am...
I am the Winner

Postby Princess » Sat Feb 02, 2013 11:48 pm

Spartan117 wrote:I honestly, don't like this argument about who's acepting whoms opinions. I realy would like to see a forum where we are not arguing, but more like talking. Although, I have no idea on whats gonna happen at the end of this chapter. But I do understand one thing. We can discuss about our thoughts without lashing out against each other, and possibly help Bleedman improve, by posting our opinions not posting our critizism about other peoples opinions.

This wasn't opinion bashing. This was me and Blood Lord explaining to CTC what was going on in the page, and him not listening. And as BL said, Bleedman is never here. The only person who is in charge, per se, is BeeAre.
All Men Must Die
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Blood Lord » Sat Feb 02, 2013 11:50 pm

What Stuff said. Tensions in these sort of things occurs from one party not understanding anything and mounting frustrations at each other. You want to see a good fight? Me and Birdofterror. God those were nasty.

Anyways. Comic. Bell and Blossom and stuff (not you Stuff).
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby The Mad Doctor » Sun Feb 03, 2013 12:00 am

Thats exactly what i'm asking for!
Not Space Jesus

Postby Blood Lord » Sun Feb 03, 2013 12:01 am

Brilliant! Well, there it is right there being looked at.
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Birdofterror » Sun Feb 03, 2013 2:56 am

Is this what I looked like? I really hope not. But-
Blood Lord wrote:Its an internet forum. Professionalism is not that highly valued in here as would be in real life.
I personally value it highly. I like people who both look and sound like they know what they are talking about and being professional. Bonus points for 'actually' being professional and also being polite and forward with it. You think therefore you are. ;)

Most of the time at least.
"It's such a fine line between clever and stupid."

The Chronometal Wars, a fan-fiction taking place in the PPGD Universe. Catastrophe is the only certainty.
Bird oft Error

Postby Dibullba » Sun Feb 03, 2013 5:15 am

What is it about arguing that makes me just skip it completely? Oh right, anger/defensiveness drops a persons IQ so lets keep the conversations intelligent plz >.>

Postby Blood Lord » Sun Feb 03, 2013 12:26 pm

Then stop bringing it up and start talking about the comic. Seriously guys, when you don't like what is going on, you have the full power to change the subject to the comic instead of adding useless comments like the one above me. Start talking about the comic now or mods will be brought in.
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby rac7d » Sun Feb 03, 2013 12:34 pm

Would blossom be able to disarm the bomb? Like, could she do it in time if she had the chance?

Postby Birdofterror » Sun Feb 03, 2013 12:55 pm

I personally thought no, but BeeAre thinks otherwise. He seems to be hinting at Blossom both Distracting bell and Disarming the bomb in the same breath.
"It's such a fine line between clever and stupid."

The Chronometal Wars, a fan-fiction taking place in the PPGD Universe. Catastrophe is the only certainty.
Bird oft Error

PreviousNext

Return to Bleed Forum (Comics and Animation)