Everafter Talk Thread v2

A hangout for fans of Endling's EverAfter. You aren't required to talk about the comics.

Moderator: Mod Squad

Re: Everafter Talk Thread v2

Postby Mr. Sefrol » Mon Jan 28, 2013 7:00 pm

MQuinny1234 wrote:Lucid dreaming sounds iffy. Is it a thing you can turn on and off?

Do you fall asleep thinking, "I'm going to have a lucid dream tonight?"

I've tried this so much, yet it's only worked once for me.

I've also been told it's possible when you're in a dream and you forcefully realize you're in a dream you can do whatever shit you want from there. Total control. Without preparing beforehand. (edited because I didn't proofread what I wrote and was way off)
Last edited by Mr. Sefrol on Mon Jan 28, 2013 7:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Cogito, ergo es eggo." A.K.A. "I think, therefore you are a waffle."
An Optimist

Postby Tuor » Mon Jan 28, 2013 7:02 pm

...that's what lucid dreaming is, having control of your dreams
"Suddenly Frodo noticed that a strange-looking weather-beaten man, sitting in the shadows near the wall, was also listening intently to the hobbit-talk. He had a tall tankard in front of him, and was smoking a long-stemmed pipe curiously carved. His legs were stretched out before him, showing high boots of supple leather that fitted him well, but had seen much wear and were now caked with mud. A travel-stained cloak of heavy dark-green cloth was drawn close about him, and in spite of the heat of the room he wore a hood that overshadowed his face; but the gleam of his eyes could be seen as he watched the hobbits."
Rest Easy Ethan

Postby Mr. Sefrol » Mon Jan 28, 2013 7:13 pm

But I mean while you are already in the dream, then forcing yourself to realize you're in one instead of stumbling into it.

The only way I've been able to trigger it is by just stumbling upon something that wasn't either distracting me within the dream or real enough to trick me during. Anyone here have any tips how to kick yourself into a lucid dream without preparing before going to bed? Because that doesn't seem to be working for me.
"Cogito, ergo es eggo." A.K.A. "I think, therefore you are a waffle."
An Optimist

Postby Fievel » Tue Jan 29, 2013 12:10 am

MQuinny1234 wrote:Lucid dreaming sounds iffy. Is it a thing you can turn on and off?

Do you fall asleep thinking, "I'm going to have a lucid dream tonight?"

You could do that. I wouldn't recommend it, though that's only because I don't like being conscious during sleep paralysis. That shit terrifies me. There are several other things you could do to help you lucid dream anyway.

Mr. Sefrol wrote:Anyone here have any tips how to kick yourself into a lucid dream without preparing before going to bed? Because that doesn't seem to be working for me.

Sure. You could always start doing reality checks during wakefulness every thirty minutes or hour or whatever. Eventually, you might start doing it in your dreams too. I've also heard something about hands, keeping a dream journal, and intentionally waking yourself up after five or so hours of sleeping. I used to know more ways, but I no longer remember them.
Offended.

Postby Blood Lord » Tue Jan 29, 2013 9:54 pm

You know, I feel bad seeing my name in all of the last post status.

Postby Tuor » Tue Jan 29, 2013 9:56 pm

When that's happened for me I felt accomplished, but a bit sad, haha
"Suddenly Frodo noticed that a strange-looking weather-beaten man, sitting in the shadows near the wall, was also listening intently to the hobbit-talk. He had a tall tankard in front of him, and was smoking a long-stemmed pipe curiously carved. His legs were stretched out before him, showing high boots of supple leather that fitted him well, but had seen much wear and were now caked with mud. A travel-stained cloak of heavy dark-green cloth was drawn close about him, and in spite of the heat of the room he wore a hood that overshadowed his face; but the gleam of his eyes could be seen as he watched the hobbits."
Rest Easy Ethan

Postby Blood Lord » Tue Jan 29, 2013 11:22 pm

Oh completely. The sadness (for me) is when you realize that no one else is there, or you realize just how long you spent on that.

Postby Jasthn » Thu Jan 31, 2013 9:22 pm

Blood Lord wrote:Oh completely. The sadness (for me) is when you realize that no one else is there, or you realize just how long you spent on that.

I GOT 'DEM HUMPS.
Doctress Who:You can be my Brony bitch ;D
Droctress Who:Jas, would you like me to make you a sandwich?
JesusChrist: Well if you insist Jasthn I'll use it with you. Spread them cheeks

Tragedy_and_Comedy: Jas is about as dangerous as a kitten.
Blood Lord:I hit your dog with mah truck. :3
Lenore Celestalis:*jumps on your back* weee~
That guy.

Postby top gear tony » Fri Feb 01, 2013 10:16 pm

Blood has a point. When you can see your name on last post of the many topics of a board with some dating back to a month even, it can really put you in a Melancholy mood. I don't know what that's like, but I do see a load of fairly new topic with replies dating back too far.

I have no idea how commas work

Yog: Praise the sun that is Top Gear Tony, a friend to all.
Do I have style points yet

Postby Jasthn » Sat Feb 02, 2013 12:09 am

I just remember how my welcome thread became the Talk Thread for Everafter. But I can imagine how he feels, really.
I GOT 'DEM HUMPS.

That guy.

Postby Blood Lord » Sat Feb 02, 2013 1:16 am

Over active I guess. I just don't want to drive people away/out.

Which kinda brings me to my next topic. I've been wondering what could be done to bring some more life to this place. I've been thinking about it ever since that new Bleedman Art pic with humanized MLP in it. This place would be on fire if Bleedman would do a MLP comic, or if we had someone make one and get a spot. It'd make 2006 look like a fart in the wind. So what do you guys think could be done to get more members, preferable active members.

Postby Jasthn » Sat Feb 02, 2013 12:36 pm

Well I for sure agree with the MLP idea, Snafu would be filled with new members (although I assume they would be like new Bleedfags. Does this terms even still exist here?). If you're going to suggest MLP though, you might as well throw in the other popular cartoons, like Gravity Falls and Adventure Time, maybe even Regular Show. After all, these cartoons are enjoyed by a large group of people as well, though not older adults these cartoons still have a large fan base.

Maybe something could be done with the RP section too, get people to participate in there from other websites, and by that they increase the views on the site. This idea sounds a bit more far fetched though.
I GOT 'DEM HUMPS.

That guy.

Postby Blood Lord » Sat Feb 02, 2013 2:05 pm

Not at all. I firmly believe that the best way that this site can grow, under the current circumstances, is to have members invite people from other websites to come here. We have artists with a great fan base, who have yet to get a spot, but have people that they could bring here. RPers can invite others to come and join their fun, and others can do the same. we all know people who would get some kicks out of this website.

There are two Snafu facebook pages, I don't know which one is official, or if it is official or who runs them. But they each have 2,000 + likes on there. Counting possible overlap, we could say that there is some 3,000 people on there, some have accounts others don't. If they were encouraged to come, then our membership rates could rise greatly.

The point is that the site can only do so much to throw its name out there, and with Dave in control of the comics, well, we don't have much luck there. So its going to be up to us to get growth rolling.

Postby Jasthn » Sat Feb 02, 2013 2:41 pm

Blood Lord wrote:Not at all. I firmly believe that the best way that this site can grow, under the current circumstances, is to have members invite people from other websites to come here. We have artists with a great fan base, who have yet to get a spot, but have people that they could bring here. RPers can invite others to come and join their fun, and others can do the same. we all know people who would get some kicks out of this website.

There are two Snafu facebook pages, I don't know which one is official, or if it is official or who runs them. But they each have 2,000 + likes on there. Counting possible overlap, we could say that there is some 3,000 people on there, some have accounts others don't. If they were encouraged to come, then our membership rates could rise greatly.

The point is that the site can only do so much to throw its name out there, and with Dave in control of the comics, well, we don't have much luck there. So its going to be up to us to get growth rolling.

Well, being in control of a Facebook page I could easily spread word from there. As for other RP sites, I could try that as well. However, given that the website I was a part of broke up I don't know what happened to the other admins/ect. I used to be an admin on that Proboards website for a long time, that's where my potential idea came from. I guess it's just a matter of small advertising, like "check this out", or "Like Naruto/funny shit/PPG/ Billy and Mandy/ect, check this shit out, it's worth a read". Unless we can create another Snafu page on Facebook, assuming that both Snafu pages are fan-made and unofficial, we could make our own and get the more reliable people to operate the page. I'm not sure if the Admins here would like a bigger work load of trying to start a brand new Facebook page, that's why I say the more reliable people/people who are good at Facebook managing and advertising.

I also thought BeeAre was the main admin here now, to take Dave's place to a certain degree, to keep the page up and running as it were. Is that not the case?
I GOT 'DEM HUMPS.

That guy.

Postby top gear tony » Sat Feb 02, 2013 2:52 pm

I was thinking boobs but that out of the question.

Firstly we need to get word around, put the sites name on your other profiles signatures and what not. The main focus of Snafu (the comics) is really weak compared to the past. What the site needs more than anything is hot new IP and the like. I came across this site though Google images and a PPGD page grabbed my attention. But that was what, three years ago. I think the main force ins't coxing people into joining with the promise of cool happenings, but get budding new artists to make new comics for this site.

Still that's a massive hill to clime.

Postby Tuor » Sat Feb 02, 2013 4:24 pm

One of the Snafu fb pages is official.

As for word of mouth, yes please. BR also has some plans for bringing in new people
Rest Easy Ethan

Postby Blood Lord » Sat Feb 02, 2013 5:34 pm

Tuor wrote:One of the Snafu fb pages is official.

Do you know which one, and who controls it?

top gear tony 666 wrote:Still that's a massive hill to clime.

Its not as big as you think, or as it looks. I'm applying the same principles that I used for missionary work, for this. The biggest challenge is going to be getting everyone to do it. Some sort of prize or reward would help, like medals or something. Which would have to be carefully placed/directed as to not offend the new members by thinking they were being used to win a cheap prize.

Tuor wrote:As for word of mouth, yes please.

Awesome.

Postby Riz » Sat Feb 02, 2013 6:43 pm

with a heart colder than a welldiggers nutsack

Postby Jasthn » Sat Feb 02, 2013 6:44 pm

Well I can start advertising on Facebook. 6,000 people like the page, so it's not too much, but it's a start.

Some sort of prize or reward would help, like medals or something. Which would have to be carefully placed/directed as to not offend the new members by thinking they were being used to win a cheap prize.

Do you think BeeAre would like the idea of medals or rewards? O.o Like, 10,000 posts = Super Vet, 5,000 posts in each thread = Supreme Overlord, that kind of stuff? Or do you mean a physical prize/online prize?
I GOT 'DEM HUMPS.

That guy.

Postby Blood Lord » Sat Feb 02, 2013 6:53 pm

Riz wrote:https://www.facebook.com/pages/Snafu-Comics/362727653740713?fref=ts and I think Mosama runs it.

Really? Wow. Imma going to ask him.

Do you think BeeAre would like the idea of medals or rewards? O.o Like, 10,000 posts = Super Vet, 5,000 posts in each thread = Supreme Overlord, that kind of stuff? Or do you mean a physical prize/online prize?

I mean like medals and stuff. I know of a few sites that use them, but my knowledge in that field is weak.

Postby top gear tony » Sat Feb 02, 2013 8:21 pm

I mean like medals and stuff. I know of a few sites that use them, but my knowledge in that field is weak.

So basically Gamification. Unfortunately that won't really work. Here's why:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pWfMjQKXZXk

Postby Riz » Sat Feb 02, 2013 8:33 pm

we are going to be using a ranking system to reward people for sticking around and being part of the community. that's it.
with a heart colder than a welldiggers nutsack

Postby top gear tony » Sat Feb 02, 2013 8:43 pm

But is having people measure their worth with a Skinnerbox like method really the way to go? I mean I have no say in the matter, that much I know but for most people having you post count displayed and showing your join date is enough. But then again if it brings in new users, sure.

Postby Blood Lord » Sat Feb 02, 2013 11:28 pm

It would be an extreme case and not an easy one to manage between hurt feelings of being used, and people not caring about it. It was just an idea to motivate.

Postby top gear tony » Sun Feb 03, 2013 12:32 am

Yeah I know, it's just too many good sites fall into that pitfall. Hell that's just my input and I'm one guy we should see what others think.

PreviousNext

Return to EverAfter