My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic!

The forum for Bleedman fans! Feel free to discuss other comics and cartoons, as well.

Moderator: Mod Squad

Re: My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic!

Postby Grieffon » Tue Jan 29, 2013 7:37 pm

Here's the article about the episode, with some information from Meghan McCarthy

Spoilers

Looks like Alicorn Twilight really is permanent   

Postby Mad-Mutt » Tue Jan 29, 2013 7:38 pm

Bark

Postby True Order » Tue Jan 29, 2013 7:52 pm

Maru wrote:...But if we suddenly get a tidal wave of Sues, I'm stepping off the fandom.

This.

Though I won't really be leaving I'll just be carving out my own corner in it with magic and mystery and all that jazz I continue to study into.

This whole ordeal pisses me off. I am pissed and I have a right to be pissed. That right being the right to have one's own opinion.
Last edited by True Order on Wed Jan 30, 2013 4:05 pm, edited 3 times in total.
"Finish what you started human!" - Kamaji from Spirited Away
Overthinker

Postby Grieffon » Tue Jan 29, 2013 8:10 pm

True Order wrote:This whole ordeal pisses me off. I am pissed and I have a right to be pissed. That right being the right to have one's own opinion.

Ordeal? The episode's content, or the drama it is creating?

Postby Mad-Mutt » Tue Jan 29, 2013 8:15 pm

Well it looks like Alicorn Twilight going to happen, but who knows if it will just be one episode or a permanent thing.

I can see why people are angry, this could change the show in a big way and it seems to be a thing that's very frightening to people and their response is naturally anger.

Once again lets just keep in mind that how they do it is very important thing. If its written well enough this could actually be an interesting direction for the show, or they could turn her back to normal by the end of the episode and the whole thing will be a total cop out like Jak's kids in Adventure Time.
(Rainacorn babies growing to adult hood in just one day my ass!.... Still a great show though. Just disappointed with how that ended up.)

Also Alicorns aren't automatically Sue characters. Superman's not considered a Gary Sue character and he can drag the earth around. I'm not asking you to not express your negative opinions of this whole thing, in fact I'd rather encourage it because the fandom and the show has almost always been on speaking terms. I'm just saying to calm down just a tad bit and trust in the people who work their asses off to make this show.

Just don't blindly hate for the sake of hating, just take a step back and examine the situation and if you're still pissed then good night and good luck to you my fellow brony.
Bark

Postby True Order » Tue Jan 29, 2013 8:17 pm

This is the brony equivalent of Pikachu evolving and becoming an eternal badass so much that Ash sees him as the dominant strategy.

>:( They say her personality isn't going to change, that's bullshit and you know it. Forever the one argument of any starter to the fandom is: who is best pony? We all know that Twilight has gotten rather being a Mary sue and all. Now that she is going to be a freaking    Alicorn    her boring scale will skyrocket.    And now there's going to be a canon way for ponies to turn into an Alicorns, I would be somewhat alright with this if Cadence hadn't been one since her teen years (possibly since birth).    SO much garglemesh. You know that scrunchy line symbol that means aggravation, well combine that with tumble weed and iron wool. Now eat it. Feel that searing tearing in your mouth, throat and possibly esophagus? That's how I currently feel though not all of it is due to this crap.

Also to answer Grieffon's question: both.
Overthinker

Postby Grieffon » Tue Jan 29, 2013 8:21 pm

True Order wrote:This is the brony equivalent of Pikachu evolving and becoming an eternal badass so much that Ash sees him as the dominant strategy.

>:( They say her personality isn't going to change, that's bullshit and you know it. Forever the one argument of any starter to the fandom is: who is best pony? We all know that Twilight has gotten rather being a Mary sue and all. Now that she is going to be a freaking    Alicorn    her boring scale will skyrocket.    And now there's going to be a canon way for ponies to turn into an Alicorns, I would be somewhat alright with this if Cadence hadn't been one since her teen years (possibly since birth).    SO much garglemesh. You know that scrunchy line symbol that means aggravation, well combine that with tumble weed and iron wool. Now eat it. Feel that searing tearing in your mouth, throat and possibly esophagus? That's how I currently feel though not all of it is due to this crap.

Also to answer Grieffon's question: both.

Until the episode has actually aired and turned out to be bad, the only bs around here is your post.

I've had enough of the drama that appears when an episode hasn't aired and died down after it turns out to be good. It has happened too many times already, in fact, it happens almost every episode. I don't know why people still haven't learned that.

Postby Mad-Mutt » Tue Jan 29, 2013 8:33 pm

Sees the condition of the conversations around here.
(Man... Some one really needs to lighten the mood around here)

Hey look baby ponies!:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-sKIi2OlqDY

(I'm not trying to make fun of anyone, I really am just trying to lighten things up around here. And I'm using baby ponies which is unusual because... dammit do those things creep me out. Just look at those eyes...)
Bark

Postby True Order » Tue Jan 29, 2013 8:44 pm

Grieffon there is a way to defend your beliefs without attacking back. We can add that to the list of things internet type folks could but will pretty much never learn.

Also this is the only time I have ever commented about a soon to be aired episode. First and only so please don't use me as an example.

This is seriously depressing me though. The writers and artists from the show had previously inspired me to try to find my own creative side. This season, hasn't really been doing that. The crystal stuff was cool but the empire consisted of less than 15 different colored ponies and the evil ex ruler of it was just a crystal obsessed dick, how that kind of simpleton created those elaborate traps/defenses I will NEVER know. My favorite episodes of this season would be the cutie mark crusader ones, the mane 6 have just been seeming so blandish to me lately and Roseluck nor Derpy has made an appearance.

Fandom life's a bitch.

Also:

Mad-Mutt wrote:I'm using baby ponies which is unusual because... dammit do those things creep me out. Just look at those eyes...)

I agree, I'm absolutely not a fan of how the canon baby ponies look. The ones artists drew prior to the baby cakes episodes are the best kinds. Let me see if I can find one.

Edit-
Nope just some humanized background pony heads.

I've decided that I don't want to see any background pony have their own episode it would ruin the mystery. If a fan animated something that'd be a'ight, as long as Hasbro doesn't touch them.
Overthinker

Postby dj1107 » Tue Jan 29, 2013 8:55 pm

Well hearing this news I think I can pull this little thing out.

Marquis de Soth wrote:Because having an all-powerful deity solve all your problems for you would make for a very boring episode.

& Now the Main character is an all powerful godlike character   
Pizza mozzarella, Pizza mozzarella, rella rella.

Postby Mad-Mutt » Tue Jan 29, 2013 8:59 pm

For Order's last post:

Hmm, no Screwball.
I know you were complaining about not seeing Roseluck lately, but how do you think I feel, I only saw Screwball pop up in one episode. The Daddy Discord thing makes it a lot easier though also I've been doing what I can to make her more popular mostly through fan art and fics.

Also, for Order and Grieff:
It looks like a fight is about to brew between you two. Both you guys are all right with me even though I've disagreed with you a lot Order (mostly over Rainbow Dash) so don't let things get out of hand. We're all pony fans here.

For dj1107:

Ever since the Royal Wedding, I think Alicorns have been knocked down a few pegs. I doubt they're as powerful as the majority of us think they are. And who's to say it won't take a crap load of years before Twilight even does become super, super powered.
Last edited by Mad-Mutt on Tue Jan 29, 2013 9:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Bark

Postby Grieffon » Tue Jan 29, 2013 9:01 pm

True Order wrote:Grieffon there is a way to defend your beliefs without attacking back. We can add that to the list of things internet type folks could but will pretty much never learn.

If you want to discuss this further we can take this to PMs.

I'm just going to say this here: If you are going to judge an unaired episode the same way as those who see this as a kid shows and bronies as people with no life, don't watch it.

Mad-Mutt wrote:It looks like a fight is about to brew between you two.

I know. I'll take this to private.

Apologize in advance Soth.

Major update from FiW

Postby True Order » Tue Jan 29, 2013 9:32 pm

Even if I hated someone to a fiery intensity I would never bother fighting via PMs or any other method. It's pointless, not worth the time and I simply don't give a shit. All who do are on a level ignorance far different and, imo, worse than my own.

Assuming someone's textual tone is still quite stupid a thing to do and will continue to cause mis-communications throughout the webs. When I see it happen over and over I realize how dull people are.

Whilst googling for a cool rainbow dash picture I found this.

Changeling RD

Hmm, the more you look into it the more flaws you see, as it is with everything.
Overthinker

Postby Mr. Sefrol » Wed Jan 30, 2013 12:25 am

I'm taking a mute stance on this whole "Twilight is now a princess" deal. If they're having a 4th season after this happens, then we know it's not going to change the fact the show will go on, and I'm happy with that.

Anywho, about this Fighting is Magic update... YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!! OMG, I LOVE THIS SO HARD! And her theme really fits.

I saw a fan idea for her theme before, but this one really does say Fluttershy all over it.

EDIT: OH MY GOD! PHOENIX WRIGHT/MLP:FIM - TURNABOUT STORM PART 4/4 IS OUT! ALL OF MY NEED, GUYS!

ALL

OF

MY NEED!
"Cogito, ergo es eggo." A.K.A. "I think, therefore you are a waffle."
An Optimist

Postby Dibullba » Wed Jan 30, 2013 5:42 am

First, four videos pertaining to the previous topic that was at hand:

And then the new ep of Turnabout Storm:

Edit: Sorry Sefrol, just noticed you linked Turnabout Storm. Gonna leave the vid their though since yours is a link.

Postby J-Dude » Wed Jan 30, 2013 8:24 am

Alicorn Twilight for real?

Woo! Character development! Canon establishment of alicorn rules, outlining their limits, and perhaps the official origins of the ones we know in the series already!

A different perspective on Equestria, perhaps bringing the struggles of the characters into greater echelons of importance!

And I love the explanation of what they intend to get across to youngsters: that since every girl wants to be a princess, it's good to make them wonder exactly what that entails. Is it just a cute girl with a tiara, waited on hand and foot? Or is it someone deserving of the title, who embodies not only a rank, but the virtues that define it? Is it earned? Does it take a certain quality of person to be what they are, or do what they do?

Hand it to these guys for taking yet another BLATANT editorial mandate by an ambivalent Hasbro, and finding a way to keep the show's dignity while also giving the kids a message they might not have heard before.

Now just to see how this turn of events even comes about...

Oh, and as to the whiners, grow some hair on your balls. If you're petty enough to "leave the fandom" over this, I say good riddance, because you were probably weighing us down to begin with.
Harry intentionally used the occlumantic link to see Voldemort's thoughts. He was flicking lit matches at Lucius Malfoy.
"Your pain bores me," said Darth Nonose. "Go fetch Severus. I have some death for him."
Wazit_Blade: "Gah! J-Dude just invaded the thread!"

Postby Mad-Mutt » Wed Jan 30, 2013 1:55 pm

Oh 2snacks, you so funny.

Bark

Postby Princess » Wed Jan 30, 2013 2:23 pm

My Little Pony = Friendship is Magic

This thread = Everyone is a dick.

Good lord... no wonder I rarely come in here. No one can have an opinion anymore.

Tuor: Stuff is our resident, hot mess, alcoholic.
Tuor: You foolish fools, no one can tame the stuffaluffagus!
All Men Must Die
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Mad-Mutt » Wed Jan 30, 2013 2:29 pm

Not all of us are dicks, I think you may have just caught some of us at a bad time. Usually we're nicer to each other, at least I try to be nice to people.
And yes I do appreciate the irony of you calling people a bunch of dicks and you yourself posting a Nazi video for a laugh.
Funny.
Bark

Postby Princess » Wed Jan 30, 2013 2:34 pm

I've been in here longer than you. I know how everyone here acts.

And clearly you do not understand a joke.

Can't tell if fanmade or Hasbro.
All Men Must Die
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Mad-Mutt » Wed Jan 30, 2013 2:42 pm

Meh, I don't even care either way. Maybe your brand of humor is lost to me. And I can understand a joke and I can take a joke, sometimes though how you meant the joke to be taken and how people actually see it can differ.

Anyways, whatever.

I'll take your word for it that all the people here are ass-holes, but I still enjoy all of your company and chat with you.

Also here's a picture of Rarity as Carmelita:
Bark

Postby Grieffon » Wed Jan 30, 2013 2:42 pm

@Stuff
Happens every time some crazy episode spoilers appear. It will pass when the episode airs.

And no, that's fanmade. Here's the Hasbro version:

Postby Princess » Wed Jan 30, 2013 2:44 pm

So Twilight gets the special awesome figure, and Luna, Celestia, and Cadence look like a fanmade. Great.
All Men Must Die
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Mad-Mutt » Wed Jan 30, 2013 3:05 pm

Believe it or not, but this isn't the first time Hasbro has made odd decisions in regards to how they make their toy products. Does anyone still remember the Aliens toys, some of those were... really mostly miss than hit. They do the things they do because they think it will be the most marketable to kids... or whoever else collects toys. The results aren't always impressive, but then again I don't really collect figurines, so what the %$#@ do I know.

Here's a thing:
I like this guy's work. Some of it can get really abstract and trippy.
Bark

Postby Mon-Kitsune » Wed Jan 30, 2013 3:55 pm

Re: The Nazi video, It is a bit odd to consider that, given what we know of Laura, had she directed it, it would probably still have the fart noises (I'm about 95% sure that the "heils" in the Pinkie remix are from the Spike Jones version of "Der Furher's Face" and if they are, the're be a fart sound right after each one).
And now for something completely crackpot, anyone else think there might be a connection between alicorndom and those special shoes that Celestia and Co. wear? It just occured to me that 1. ALL the alicorns wear them 2. ONLY the alicorns wear them, Prince Blueblood and Shining armor don't (though they are male, it may be a female only thing) and 3. assuming the figure is canon, as soon as Twilight becomes one, she gets them. I know it's a bit shaky to make guesses when we have a pool of only 3-4, but it does seem queer to me.
"For I have heard the Song of War, and to me, it sounds just like "Please, Mister Custer.""

Cogito Ergot Sum, "I think there is something wrong with this rye bread." (Aplogies to Seafrol.)

PreviousNext

Return to Bleed Forum (Comics and Animation)