New Grim Tales - 1/24/13 - World War Pastries

The forum for Bleedman fans! Feel free to discuss other comics and cartoons, as well.

Moderator: Mod Squad

New Grim Tales - 1/24/13 - World War Pastries

Postby Numa430 » Fri Jan 25, 2013 1:06 am

Food fight everyone?
Under the bed

Re: New Grim Tales - 1/24/13 - World War Pastries

Postby Birdofterror » Fri Jan 25, 2013 1:46 am

Ha.

I love slapstick humor.
"It's such a fine line between clever and stupid."

The Chronometal Wars, a fan-fiction taking place in the PPGD Universe. Catastrophe is the only certainty.
Bird oft Error

Postby Dibullba » Fri Jan 25, 2013 2:25 am

If it were anybody else besides Raven and Blossom.... I would say said person is guaranteed to die.

Postby achthenuts » Fri Jan 25, 2013 4:11 am

Why I feel this unfunny ?
I heard you don't accept god
I don't accept fandom/shipping/mary-sue
This is not EVERY users.

Postby Dibullba » Fri Jan 25, 2013 4:27 am

achthenuts wrote:Why I feel this unfunny ?

Because the pie was not pie flavored

Postby BeeAre » Fri Jan 25, 2013 11:20 am

achthenuts wrote:Why I feel this unfunny ?

Because it is filler, for little narrative purpose, and the comics recently have been for quite some time.

This steady lack of progression diminishes the jokes' role as tension-relief in what is generally considered a more "dramatic" narrative.

Also, it is a fact, back when Garfield had a television show and was funny and not endlessly derivative, the proper way to spell the impact of pie-on-face is 'SPLUT'.
Snafu Comics' Forum Alpha Bro, Staff Writer, Editor, Image, and Keeper of the Jar Brain of Secret President. RIP Ku Ku Ku \(-^.^-)/ U Wuz A REAL N***A!!!!!!!
"We're quite aware of this. BR is no happy rainbow face man. He is simply our neighborhood best fucking poster." ~ Warbear
Puff Most Epic.
Ladies and Gentlemen, The:
BR

Postby Mon-Kitsune » Fri Jan 25, 2013 11:32 am

BeeAre wrote:Also, it is a fact, back when Garfield had a television show and was funny and not endlessly derivative, the proper way to spell the impact of pie-on-face is 'SPLUT'.

or GORSH (if you are mailed to Samoa)
"For I have heard the Song of War, and to me, it sounds just like "Please, Mister Custer.""

Cogito Ergot Sum, "I think there is something wrong with this rye bread." (Aplogies to Seafrol.)

Postby punzil504 » Fri Jan 25, 2013 5:11 pm

Oh, Raven... you should have known that Mimi would SO dare...
Still preoccupied with 1985

Postby Blood Lord » Fri Jan 25, 2013 8:50 pm

I liked the last panel.

Mon-Kitsune wrote:GORSH (if you are mailed to Samoa)

Well, we know the problem with this, don't we?
Stufflikehearts - He is a Sith Lord. I love Blood Lord :3
Jeffffey - Blood, you look at the information someone says, look over what really happened, and reply in a way that makes them realize what they were really thinking.
Light10s - Blood Lord! Your avatars are becoming more epic. You make me feel like getting on all fours and submitting my loyalty and obedience to you.
Fievel - Numerous campaigns and conquests, countless bodies decaying after the abandonment of victorious battlefields. Such is the life of Blood Lord.
Dusk_Imp - Blood Lord is like a celebrity here. Everything he does is pure awesome. ALL HAIL BLOOD LORD
Doctress Who - Why couldn't there be a Blood Lord in every forum? It would make life so much easier.
Mercypostle

Postby Havoc » Fri Jan 25, 2013 10:12 pm

Mimi's eyes look really cool in the 2nd panel.
I guess when it comes to super powers, telepathic, and telekinesis are a two for one deal.(not always though)
Still waiting for that magical moment when the silliness ends, and shit takes a turn for the worst.

Postby Mon-Kitsune » Fri Jan 25, 2013 10:17 pm

Blood Lord wrote:
Mon-Kitsune wrote:GORSH (if you are mailed to Samoa)

Well, we know the problem with this, don't we?

Obviosly, I don't
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZnvVLaD9-7E (5:58)
"For I have heard the Song of War, and to me, it sounds just like "Please, Mister Custer.""

Cogito Ergot Sum, "I think there is something wrong with this rye bread." (Aplogies to Seafrol.)

Postby Blood Lord » Fri Jan 25, 2013 11:06 pm

Like, three of us might be from Samoa.
Jeffffey - Blood, you look at the information someone says, look over what really happened, and reply in a way that makes them realize what they were really thinking.
Light10s - Blood Lord! Your avatars are becoming more epic. You make me feel like getting on all fours and submitting my loyalty and obedience to you.
Fievel - Numerous campaigns and conquests, countless bodies decaying after the abandonment of victorious battlefields. Such is the life of Blood Lord.
Dusk_Imp - Blood Lord is like a celebrity here. Everything he does is pure awesome. ALL HAIL BLOOD LORD
Doctress Who - Why couldn't there be a Blood Lord in every forum? It would make life so much easier.
Mercypostle

Postby K13-ZAR » Sat Jan 26, 2013 12:54 am

this is going to get really messy isn't it

plus I can't believe Mimi wasted that perfectly delicious looking cake :'(
I'm NOT CRAZY! I'm just unpredictable there's a difference

Postby Birdofterror » Sat Jan 26, 2013 5:55 am

K13-ZAR wrote:this is going to get really messy isn't it

Truly the greatest of war crimes. Wasting good cake...

For shame...
"It's such a fine line between clever and stupid."

The Chronometal Wars, a fan-fiction taking place in the PPGD Universe. Catastrophe is the only certainty.
Bird oft Error

Postby Mon-Kitsune » Sat Jan 26, 2013 7:59 am

Blood Lord wrote:Like, three of us might be from Samoa.

I'm not from Samoa, I was literally referencing a Garfield episode (the one linked below the previos message) (last thing I will say on this idea, as this is getting a little off topic.)

Postby Blood Lord » Sat Jan 26, 2013 5:43 pm

Birdofterror wrote:
K13-ZAR wrote:this is going to get really messy isn't it

Truly the greatest of war crimes. Wasting good cake...

For shame...

All is fair in love and war.
Mercypostle

Postby 0kamu0 » Sat Jan 26, 2013 6:05 pm

Does the energy around Mimi look like an angelic version of giygas to anyone else?

Postby Blood Lord » Sat Jan 26, 2013 8:16 pm

If you mean this: Image

Then hells no.
Mercypostle

Postby 0kamu0 » Sat Jan 26, 2013 11:58 pm

No, not the actual game art, but the art Bleedman did of it a while ago. I don't think it is, I just think it looks like it.

It is a filler comic, my attempts to grind something interesting from it were doomed to be stillborn.

Postby Blood Lord » Sun Jan 27, 2013 2:14 am

Image then. But no, I don't think it looks anything close to that.

Its not really a filler comic anymore. GT:WHAM was the filler comic for AfterBrith, but that's be decommissioned so this is the flight path that it is on right now until they can find something better to write about. So it started out as a filler comic to keep people distracted until AB came out, but now there isn't a need. Its just there and the direction they are going for right now. I think that since Mimi is an extremely popular that doing a side arc of her background is one of the best things they could be doing for GT. It appeals to the fan base, which has had questions about her existence since before she appeared in the comic.

Besides, there's no need to be so fucking negative about it either. Its the most useful thing any of the comics are doing right now. And providing more interesting ground stuff as well.
Mercypostle

Postby Slendy » Sun Jan 27, 2013 4:35 am

I always look for the hidden messages in these background stories. For example, this page confirms that Mimi had some telekinetic abilities, something we only speculated at before. It makes me wonder how powerful pre-demon Mimi could have been at her prime. And then which of the two Mimi's would win in a fight if they were to somehow coexist? I also appreciate learning more about Megaville. I'm rather interested in exactly how all the heroes were defeated. Did Batman do what he did in Justice League: Doom and compile methods to take down each superhero, should they go rogue? Then, since we know Blossom's the traitor, could she have stolen these plans and given them to Him?

So many questions. Maybe too many, and lots of speculation. I doubt it would have happened exactly like that though, since that's just copying another plot. Hell, maybe Dexter has all the weaknesses of every hero archived on Computer. That'd be really easy for Blossom to get. But the only way we'll ever get any answers to these questions are through the "filler flashbacks" like these, so I enjoy reading them.
Denizen of Darkness

Postby 0kamu0 » Sun Jan 27, 2013 10:59 am

Sorry, my apologies, I should have said page, not comic. It's a filler page. I forgot that you can't call an individual page a comic.

Postby GrimlyLoveGunner » Mon Jan 28, 2013 2:42 pm

Ha, cake. Maybe we're all wrong and it's going to tutn into a cute little food fight that'll end with them all laughing and crying happily and this was just for fun.

Shit, I forgot this was a flashback within a flashback again. Something terrible is about to happen.....

Off-topic:

WHO LET SLENDERMAN READ BLEEDMAN COMICS!?
~My Art thread with picture & info on my Fairly Odd Parents Doujinshi!~
viewtopic.php?f=5&t=55061
Iwannabeyourtldrbitch

Postby NoHandlebarsAttached » Fri Mar 08, 2013 9:45 pm

Kopfschuss!
Gib mir BENZIN!
Atheist Absol

Postby Blood Lord » Fri Mar 08, 2013 10:22 pm

Oh my god. I don't know what that means, and you resurrected a dead thread.

Don't post in old threads, okay? Post in the current update threads.

!
Hull Breach. Initiating Safety Procedures. Lock down commencing.
Mercypostle

Return to Bleed Forum (Comics and Animation)