It's not a Majora's Mask remake like the fans wanted.

This forum can be a scary place, 'cause we got lax rules: let's see your war face. Take a breath, and roll the dice, you might find out we're really nice.

Moderator: Mod Squad

Re: It's not a Majora's Mask remake like the fans wanted.

Postby Jasthn » Wed Jan 23, 2013 11:27 pm

Calek wrote:Originally a lot of people hated it because it wasn't like Ocarina of Time at all, but after the hate cleared they realized how good it actually is.

I remember that a lot of people were complaining about the 3 day limit, as it frustrated many people and was very strange at the time. I kind of liked the idea though, and it has been my favorite ever since its release.
I GOT 'DEM HUMPS.
Doctress Who:You can be my Brony bitch ;D
Droctress Who:Jas, would you like me to make you a sandwich?
JesusChrist: Well if you insist Jasthn I'll use it with you. Spread them cheeks

Tragedy_and_Comedy: Jas is about as dangerous as a kitten.
Blood Lord:I hit your dog with mah truck. :3
Lenore Celestalis:*jumps on your back* weee~
That guy.

Postby Mir@k » Wed Jan 23, 2013 11:55 pm

egads
24 Karat
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Havoc » Thu Jan 24, 2013 2:06 am

Jasthn wrote:I remember that a lot of people were complaining about the 3 day limit, as it frustrated many people and was very strange at the time. I kind of liked the idea though, and it has been my favorite ever since its release.

Well, I was okay with the three day limit. But what really rubbed me the wrong way was the fact that, if you didn't save every time you quit, then the next time you started up the game, you would have to start from the first day. But I still liked the game.
User No. 24602
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Warbear » Thu Jan 24, 2013 2:37 am

That's...how games work. If you don't save, you start from the beginning.
I am thou... Thou art I... From the sea of thy soul, I come...
Soulchild: u thnk evry thng stupid.
DaCrum: Warbear, why did you suddenly become pretty cool? Stop it.
BR:love is just a boner everyone is looking to fart on warbear
Wild Card

Postby Kkeellaacc » Thu Jan 24, 2013 2:47 am

He's complaining about starting at the first day all the time, not the beginning
Signature Under Construction

Postby Warbear » Thu Jan 24, 2013 2:52 am

That's even more dumb.
Wild Card

Postby Birdofterror » Thu Jan 24, 2013 3:36 am

Whatis6times9 wrote:Well, yeah what else would the do, create a new IP?
Nah, that's crazy. Why would they do something 'new' when we can have remade Mario, remade Zelda, both Pikmins remade, then after that, new Mario, new Zelda, new Pikmin yet no new IPs.

Nintendo knows what they are good at; Nostalgia Cash-ins. It was the single driving force between OoT 3DS and in my view, the only reason a game that already looks gorgeous would get a reboot. (Wind Waker)

While I would throw my hat into the ring saying I want a completely 'new' Zelda, and not another remake, I must concede to the fact that I was disappointed in everything that was Skyward Sword, so I'm a little skeptical with their current staff of game creators.

I'll take what I can get, so I'm happy; though I would have preferred Project Moonfall.
"It's such a fine line between clever and stupid."

The Chronometal Wars, a fan-fiction taking place in the PPGD Universe. Catastrophe is the only certainty.
Bird oft Error

Postby Mir@k » Thu Jan 24, 2013 6:55 am

I liked the romantic tones in skyward.
24 Karat
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Vegedus » Thu Jan 24, 2013 6:56 am

Ah yes, people complaining about Nintendo constantly remaking stuff while in the other corner people are chanting "NINTENDO! Y U NO REMAKE MAJORA'S MASK?!"
Will make apocalypse themed fiction for food

Postby Mr. Sefrol » Thu Jan 24, 2013 7:01 am

I kind of like this because it's unexpected. Who really thought they'd remake WW over MM? I loved WW a lot when I first got it. It was whimsical, colourful, the characters were full of energy, added a good handful of new mechanics to mix things up and it made the timeline split canon. I still hear that people didn't like the boat riding place to place though or that it wasn't the Zelda game that Nintendo showed (that looked what now is Twilight Princess) before WW was announced.

And thinking of seeing even more dungeons having a chance of being added makes me all giddy. I already bought a 3DS, so I'm not shy about getting a Wii U.
"Cogito, ergo es eggo." A.K.A. "I think, therefore you are a waffle."
An Optimist

Postby Mir@k » Thu Jan 24, 2013 7:03 am

Uh.

I thought that particular thing wasnt about one of the sides doing that. I thought the argument was "if they are remaking shit, why not that game instead of the others".
24 Karat
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Mir@k » Thu Jan 24, 2013 7:06 am

Also they chose ww on the basis that it sold more than mm.

Even if millions wanted mm, no one is getting it until nintendo's phobia of money and success is treated enhough for nintendo to release something that is not a guaranteed sale
24 Karat
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Mr. Sefrol » Thu Jan 24, 2013 7:20 am

Well, I'd happily replay this.

And I still didn't like MM as much as OoT. I'm okay with the gameplay, the 3 days, and all the other little things... except them reusing the OoT models of main or notable side characters and renaming them. I've said it before, this really urked me. I don't mind the Cucco lady, but Grog, Malon young and old, Ingo (used for 3 characters) and a few others' models I can't think of right now being reused just didn't sit well with me.
"Cogito, ergo es eggo." A.K.A. "I think, therefore you are a waffle."
An Optimist

Postby Mir@k » Thu Jan 24, 2013 7:27 am

The problem with mm is that it's an idiotically fantastic story with loads of symbolism up the colon dressed up in re-used tinfoil, but people who could see past the chrome they would see lots of things were not just blatantly copy-pasted. Yes they copied character models, but the reason for this is justified in-game with one of the best mindfucks ive experienced in videogames. Also, they reworked the models to give them more fluid movements, new expressions and in some cases, new textures. It was not just lazy design.
24 Karat
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Birdofterror » Thu Jan 24, 2013 7:33 am

Mr. Sefrol wrote:Well, I'd happily replay this.
Oh, without a doubt. I'm not complaining about the fact that Wind Waker is getting a re-release, it's my favorite Zelda game. Ironically just above Majora's Mask... I was complaining, or rather- pointing out: That it's either remakes or new things that are the same with Nintendo. After all, if it wasn't for their phobias of new IPs they probably never would have ended up making a game such as WW in the first place.

I think their catchphrase during its creation is "We don't need new IPs to make a completely unique game. Get a franchise everyone loves and take a HUGE risk with it!" In my eyes, such games as Metroid Prime, Starfox Assault and Wind Waker could have easily been different enough to be classified as completely new IPs if released that way.
Mir@k wrote:I liked the romantic tones in skyward.
That's your opinion and I respect it and I'm sure a lot of people agree with you, however... if we are talking about all aspects of romance in that game, none of it really matters. At least with the understanding that the game could have been just fine without it.

Link never needed romantic reasons to save Zelda; and that other girl in the city... the banker I think? Even trying to 'romance' her ends with nothing but some witty one liners. I could get on some other little gripes, but as of everything else I already said, it's simply my opinion. I personally find Skyward Sword the worst Zelda game that adheres to the classical Zelda Formula, meaning games such as the CDI games and Zelda 2 need not apply. The crazier part is, I don't think I'm a minority in saying this either.
Mir@k wrote:The problem with mm is that it's an idiotically fantastic story with loads of symbolism up the colon dressed up in re-used tinfoil, but people who could see past the chrome they would see lots of things were not just blatantly copy-pasted. Yes they copied character models, but the reason for this is justified in-game with one of the best mindfucks ive experienced in videogames. Also, they reworked the models to give them more fluid movements, new expressions and in some cases, new textures. It was not just lazy design.
Well I'll be waiting with bated breath for a chance to play this new and improved Wind Waker, that's for sure, though I'm sure most of the actual improvements won't be as drastic as from OoT to MM, the pictures I've seen of it so far are pretty nice. Bloom is maybe a little overdone perhaps, but nice none the less.

I'm glad I got myself a Wii U, I was beginning to 'almost' regret the purchase.

The Chronometal Wars, a fan-fiction taking place in the PPGD Universe. Catastrophe is the only certainty.
Bird oft Error

Postby Mir@k » Thu Jan 24, 2013 7:40 am

When you add the word tones next to the word romantic you get 'romantic tones', not 'romance. You're complaining about there not being romance, something i did nit mention.

Anyway, just because removing it harms nothing it doesnt rise the question of why it is there
24 Karat
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Mir@k » Thu Jan 24, 2013 7:42 am

Cardboard Hero Extraordinaire Link didnt need reasons? Is this your personal opinion or a declaration?
24 Karat
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Birdofterror » Thu Jan 24, 2013 7:48 am

Mir@k wrote:When you add the word tones next to the word romantic you get 'romantic tones', not 'romance.
My apologies. It is in my experience that if something is enough like something else you could call it as such. Anyway.
Mir@k wrote:Anyway, just because removing it harms nothing it doesnt rise the question of why it is there
Well, it was just one of my personal examples of Nintendo fixing something that wasn't broken. The entire concept came across as unbelievable, unrequired and borderline annoying. In my opinion of course.

That's just one of the 'small' problems I had with the game, but that's neither here nor there. I would still play this over half of the other crap mainstream game developers churn out nowadays. Just biting the bullet.
Mir@k wrote:Cardboard Hero Extraordinaire Link didnt need reasons? Is this your personal opinion or a declaration?
Observational evidence paired with modus operandi. In such games as Wind Waker, he never needed the promise of romance nor the Triforce of courage. Not to mention most Zelda games have very token interactions between Link and Zelda, they never really have time to build a rapport. It's usually a quest of necessity and "coincidence", not one of relationships.

Anyway, it was never needed before, it was just put in because 'why not.' The story isn't any stronger or weaker because of it.

Bird oft Error

Postby Warbear » Thu Jan 24, 2013 10:47 am

Mir@k wrote:The problem with mm is that it's an idiotically fantastic story with loads of symbolism up the colon dressed up in re-used tinfoil, but people who could see past the chrome they would see lots of things were not just blatantly copy-pasted. Yes they copied character models, but the reason for this is justified in-game with one of the best mindfucks ive experienced in videogames. Also, they reworked the models to give them more fluid movements, new expressions and in some cases, new textures. It was not just lazy design.

oh my god i have found another person who feels the same as i do
Wild Card

Postby Mir@k » Thu Jan 24, 2013 11:47 am

Warbear wrote:

oh my god i have found another person who feels the same as i do
the fans want a majora's mask REMAKE not an HD version. They want a total revamp of the models and shit in a twilight princess-like style to heighten the truly grim effect that should have hit everyone if they had given n64's mm a chance.. this is why a remake of majora's mask is necessary if you think about it, to let people see just how superior it is to ocarina.
24 Karat
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Warbear » Thu Jan 24, 2013 11:52 am

i honestly don't think a full remake would be that great, actually. i mean, sure, if they fixed the controls, because the controls on the N64, let's be honest, were kind of shitty, but other than that it's a great game. it wouldn't need new character models because Termina is meant to reflect Hyrule. Link is going through the grieving process throughout the entire game and seeing people that he recognizes kinda adds to all of that. i love the fact that they recycled characters because it adds more depth to the subtext of the game.
Wild Card

Postby Vegedus » Thu Jan 24, 2013 11:53 am

This would be the first actual 'remake' of a zelda game they've done, right? I wouldn't say the few swapped textures and 3D would count as a remake for OoT for the 3DS.
Will make apocalypse themed fiction for food

Postby Mir@k » Thu Jan 24, 2013 11:57 am

this shit aint remake
24 Karat
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Warbear » Thu Jan 24, 2013 11:58 am

honestly, what could they remake? Wind Waker isn't exactly old. The controls were solid and the gameplay was rad, so changing anything would be unnecessary.
Wild Card

Postby Kkeellaacc » Thu Jan 24, 2013 2:00 pm

Ocarina of Time 3D was an actual remake built from the ground up, they even included some of the old bugs from the original because they thought they were funny.
Signature Under Construction

PreviousNext

Return to Wham, Spam, Thank you, Ma'am!