My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic!

The forum for Bleedman fans! Feel free to discuss other comics and cartoons, as well.

Moderator: Mod Squad

Re: My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic!

Postby Mr. Sefrol » Tue Jan 22, 2013 10:44 am

MEME! HOW ARE YOU DOING? :D You need to drop by more.

And I don't doubt that collection will grow.
"Cogito, ergo es eggo." A.K.A. "I think, therefore you are a waffle."
An Optimist

Postby Mimeme » Tue Jan 22, 2013 11:08 am

Hi Sefrol! HAPPY 2013!

Everything's ok here :) I do lurk about, but I do wish I could post more. I guess it's a small break that I am taking a day off to recover from an occupation-related injury. Also, I need to catch up with MLP :redface:

Postby Mr. Sefrol » Tue Jan 22, 2013 11:27 am

Well, you've been gone for almost the entire 3rd season, so there's that to watch :3 And yeah, hope to see you posting again and catch up.
An Optimist

Postby Hiroko » Tue Jan 22, 2013 5:36 pm

Hold on a sec, is that (smaller) purple alicorn on the left-hand side of that picture a Luna toy?
Like, not Nightmare Moon, but actual Princess Luna??? Those are available now? o^o
The Sentimental One

Postby Mon-Kitsune » Tue Jan 22, 2013 7:29 pm

Mon-Kitsune wrote:I mentioned this earlier (and am sure it is just coincidence) but Derpy's cutie mark looks EXACTLY like the logo of Dry brand soda (the one they print on the bottlecaps). To make it a little creepier, one of the flavors (the juniper) has a label that is also more or less Derpy's bluish grey color. So maybe it should be the official beverage of Derpy Hooves Day possily along with the lavender flavor (since many of us think Dinky is Derpy's daughter, and she is purple)

Mr. Sefrol wrote:Don't remember that being said before, but I like the idea. Also, I've never heard of this brand of soda either. So. Hmm.

How is it?

Differnt. The juniper is easy to describe (since juniper is also the dominant flavoring ingredient in gin) It's sort of like what you would get if you mixed gin and seltzer, minus the alcohol and plus a little sugar (though not as much at you might expect for a soda, the "dry" in the name is in the wine sense of dry i.e. not sweet, so there isn't all that much sugar in it (each bottle is supposedly 55 calories, as opposed to a normal soda, which is about 140 or so) so sort of resiny-piney. The lavender(which is a little sweeter, 70 cal per bottle) is a little harder to describe to someone who hasn't tried it since most people don't normally eat lavender (there's usually some in herbes de Provence, but since that's used in savory cooking it's hard to make the comparison. The best way I can describe it is "floral" . Basically if you like things like rosewater/rose flavored candies (like most "real: Turkish delight or violet flavored ones, you'll probably like it, if not you'll probaby think it tastes a bit soapy. I like both of them but then most of my soda preferences are pretty odd (Chai cola, Spruce beer, real Sasparilla etc. ). Most of the other flavors are odd too, Kumquat (sort of orangey), Lemongrass (lemony), Vanilla bean (like very unsweet cream soda) Cucumber (slighty melony), Wild lime (lime, duh!) and Rhubarb (I hate rubarb so I've never felt any desire to try that one)
"For I have heard the Song of War, and to me, it sounds just like "Please, Mister Custer.""

Cogito Ergot Sum, "I think there is something wrong with this rye bread." (Aplogies to Seafrol.)

Postby Mad-Mutt » Tue Jan 22, 2013 7:47 pm

Its learning time with Mon-Kitsune!
YAY!

I'm just being random buddy. Don't worry about it.

Anyways here's Pony vs Pokémon:

And I'm sorry if this has been posted here before, but I just found out about this and I think this may be one of the best gifs I've ever seen. The only thing its missing is gunfire sound effects and Cadence just screaming bloody murder at the top of her lungs:
Bark

Postby True Order » Tue Jan 22, 2013 8:21 pm

Heyo folks.

I've been writing little* weekly tidbits on my tumblr about certain (not popular enough) creatures/anomalies of the Everfree Forest, of which there are many.

This week's tidbit was about these guys:

The tidbits are discussing implied facts from the show and my own interpretations.

If you care to read one or etc. Here's a link to the aforementioned one and the one I did the week before.

They are mostly short*.

The Bats

Phantom Trees

I have not been doing them for that long but I'm considerably happy with them so far. Thanks.

*As defined by me.
"Finish what you started human!" - Kamaji from Spirited Away
Overthinker

Postby Mad-Mutt » Tue Jan 22, 2013 8:42 pm

I found this when I just randomly looked up EQD. This may piss off at least one of you.
Yes, it involves Alicorn Twilight:
http://www.equestriadaily.com/2013/01/p ... oy-in.html

Well, that's interesting, the comment section looks a lot like youtube all of a sudden. WEIRD.

On another note:

I like the way this guy draws wings:

Bark

Postby dj1107 » Tue Jan 22, 2013 9:05 pm

Anyway if I may state my reason for why This Discord episode is better then The Trixie episode heres why.

1. Nopony was stupid. & 2. Discord reasons for switching sides at the end actually felt like a good reason to turn good as oppose to Trixie who only turned "good" at the last minute just to get out of Jail & because the writers were pandering to her fanbase.
Pizza mozzarella, Pizza mozzarella, rella rella.

Postby Mr. Sefrol » Tue Jan 22, 2013 10:14 pm

Found some cute LoZ x MLP pieces.

And a few other characters.

Midna
Tetra
Zora
An Optimist

Postby Mad-Mutt » Wed Jan 23, 2013 12:09 am

I wanted to add Medli to the list of ponified Zelda characters, but there seems to be a lack of them on Deviantart.

Here's what I could find though:
Bark

Postby Mon-Kitsune » Wed Jan 23, 2013 7:24 am

I think that part of the problem could the the appearance. A lot of what makes Medli look like Medli is that beak nose. Take that away and she isn't all the recognizable anymore. So if she was ponified, she would have to keep the beak, and would end up looking like an uncomfortable mix of pony and gryphon (and not in a hippogriff way).

Ok a few ones I found (linked, for size) First our mane six cosplaying DBZ (artist gets props for goign with some semi-obscure character choices)
http://danbooru.donmai.us/post/show/1346336/1girl-android_18-android_18_-cosplay-animal_ears-a
http://danbooru.donmai.us/post/show/1346335/1girl-ahoge-animal_ears-bare_shoulders-blue_eyes-b
http://danbooru.donmai.us/post/show/1346334/1girl-animal_ears-armor-bare_shoulders-blue_skin-b
http://danbooru.donmai.us/post/show/1346331/1girl-animal_ears-bangs-bare_shoulders-black_legwe
http://danbooru.donmai.us/post/show/1346328/1girl-alternate_hairstyle-bulma-bulma_-cosplay-cos
http://danbooru.donmai.us/post/show/1346327/1girl-animal_ears-bangs-blue_skin-breasts-cleavage

and someones (surpisingly touching) comment on the upcoming "change" (I also like how the artist handled the humanized adapting of "the royal hoofware"

http://danbooru.donmai.us/post/show/1346325/6-girls-alternate_costume-animal_ears-applejack-ba
"For I have heard the Song of War, and to me, it sounds just like "Please, Mister Custer.""

Cogito Ergot Sum, "I think there is something wrong with this rye bread." (Aplogies to Seafrol.)

Postby punzil504 » Wed Jan 23, 2013 11:44 am

On the wiki, it mentions that one of the storyboard editors "used what little power she had" to make sure her favorite background pony would make an appearance in Episode 13.

Considering the broken base over potential events in that episode, perhaps they were able to throw the bronies a bone and have an honest to goodness Derpy sighting in the finale. The ones this season were questionable.
Still preoccupied with 1985

Postby Mad-Mutt » Wed Jan 23, 2013 4:20 pm

I know some people find cross bread ocs annoying, buuut this thing is adorable. Also its intentionally bad and I think johnjoseco shouldn't be the only guy who can get away with that:

But really look at that little thing. How could you be so made at something this adorable. It almost make me want to try and draw a half bread.

But if you still feel a bit of rage against the dragon half bread here's a somewhat creative picture of AJ:

Now my friends, I give you...
Japanese Ponies! According to the girl who drew these, they might actually be a thing in March 11, I could have misunderstood her, she's Japanese and her English (while pretty great) can be a little off sometimes:
Bark

Postby Mr. Sefrol » Thu Jan 24, 2013 12:38 am

That'd be great to see. The fandom overall would love to see Japan get their own dub. Because it's Japan.

It'll be glorious @_@
An Optimist

Postby Grieffon » Thu Jan 24, 2013 12:48 am

punzil504 wrote:On the wiki, it mentions that one of the storyboard editors "used what little power she had" to make sure her favorite background pony would make an appearance in Episode 13.

Considering the broken base over potential events in that episode, perhaps they were able to throw the bronies a bone and have an honest to goodness Derpy sighting in the finale. The ones this season were questionable.

This is the part

If it's that hard for Sibsy to slip her in, this might as well be the last time we ever see Derpy in an episode. They might even remove from the intro altogether in season 4. Quite a shame, but we still have the IDW comic as a canon source to keep her there.

Postby Mad-Mutt » Thu Jan 24, 2013 3:20 am

My basic reaction to this was along the lines of:
"What the @#$# is this!?"

http://th01.deviantart.net/fs71/PRE/f/2 ... 4clhto.jpg

Spike does look pretty bad-ass though.
Bark

Postby Mr. Sefrol » Thu Jan 24, 2013 6:09 am

So, it's basically...

EDIT: HOLY HAND PUPPETS, MYSTERYBEN MADE SOMETHING AWESOME!

Paper Twilight...

Ever since I finally got to play a little Paper Mario, I've been waiting for this crossover...

RE-EDIT: OMG, THERE'S MORE!!!

YAPYAYAPYAPYAPYAPYAPYAPYAPYAPYAP-
Rarity
Casting a spell
An Optimist

Postby Dibullba » Fri Jan 25, 2013 2:31 am

They are..... THE DISCORD FORCE!!!!
And a comic:
Aang had it Easy... Poor Spike

Postby Mr. Sefrol » Fri Jan 25, 2013 5:14 am

If this isn't the best human Fluttershy out there ever, I don't even know...
An Optimist

Postby Dibullba » Fri Jan 25, 2013 6:51 am

Mr. Sefrol wrote:If this isn't the best human Fluttershy out there ever, I don't even know...

ImageImage
Now you do ^_^

Postby Joker-Undead » Fri Jan 25, 2013 8:48 am

Here's my first post in this thread, what do you think?
I thought this picture of Rarity taking a nap was very adorable.
The Bringer of the next Undead-War!!
"Why so Serious?"
The Ultimate Undead-kaijin.

Postby Mr. Sefrol » Fri Jan 25, 2013 9:22 am

I approve. Very adorable.

And welcome to the thread. Glad you could make it. Enjoy your stay posting what you see interesting to share.

@ Dib: I'm... still liking the one I posted more as it goes for drawings. The first one you posted doesn't right show her entirely. Not bashing it, just doesn't give us a good enough view of a fully humanized Fluttershy. Yet very nice detail. That cosplayer though. Wow. I'm impressed.
An Optimist

Postby Mon-Kitsune » Fri Jan 25, 2013 9:56 am

Cracked put Fallout:Equestria and Rainbow Factory on one of thier listst today http://www.cracked.com/quick-fixes/4-insane-pieces-my-little-pony-fan-art-by-grown-men/?wa_user1=1&wa_user2=Weird+World&wa_user3=quickfix&wa_user4=feature_module

Unforntunately, (as you can read), thier response was not all that positive. In fact they basically lambasted them (in Homer Simpson voice "Mmm...... basted lamb.")

To lighten a little

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vd9Rgx9NEtw

Postby Mr. Sefrol » Fri Jan 25, 2013 11:14 am

That was downright classy. (the latter one, not the... whatever that review was...)
An Optimist

PreviousNext

Return to Bleed Forum (Comics and Animation)