Everafter Talk Thread v2

A hangout for fans of Endling's EverAfter. You aren't required to talk about the comics.

Moderator: Mod Squad

Re: Everafter Talk Thread v2

Postby Riz » Sun Jan 20, 2013 4:29 pm

That's a pretty generous fucking estimate
with a heart colder than a welldiggers nutsack

Postby Riz » Sun Jan 20, 2013 4:31 pm

It would figure that anime watchers think they're the overwhelming majority.

Postby MQuinny1234 » Sun Jan 20, 2013 4:47 pm

Are you an anime watcher, if you watch; Anime regularly? One particular show which you like and it happens to be anime? Anime every now and again? The odd pokemon episode for nostalgia?
Image=
-"I'm sophisticated, charming, suave, and debonair, Professor. But I have never claimed to be civilized."
Reluctant Nailbiter

Postby Riz » Sun Jan 20, 2013 4:49 pm

Are you watching anime? Then yes you are an anime watcher. Not a hard concept.

Postby MQuinny1234 » Sun Jan 20, 2013 5:03 pm

So on and off then.
Image=
-"I'm sophisticated, charming, suave, and debonair, Professor. But I have never claimed to be civilized."
Reluctant Nailbiter

Postby Blood Lord » Sun Jan 20, 2013 5:06 pm

Riz wrote:That's a pretty generous fucking estimate

What can I say? I am a generous man. The only accurate way to get a good reading would to set up a poll, but that only occurs in Spam and not all of the people here go there. Considering the people that show up only during the blue moon, avatar choices, those stuck in the News Section, and the drifters, I think I got it pretty damn close, thank you very much.

Riz wrote:It would figure that anime watchers think they're the overwhelming majority.

Oh, hi QU.

Wrong. I don't watch anime.

Riz wrote:Are you watching anime? Then yes you are an anime watcher. Not a hard concept.

Then everyone is an anime watcher because everyone here at some point in time watched it. Your definition is pretty broad and MQuinny did bring up a good point.
Stufflikehearts - He is a Sith Lord. I love Blood Lord :3
Jeffffey - Blood, you look at the information someone says, look over what really happened, and reply in a way that makes them realize what they were really thinking.
Light10s - Blood Lord! Your avatars are becoming more epic. You make me feel like getting on all fours and submitting my loyalty and obedience to you.
Fievel - Numerous campaigns and conquests, countless bodies decaying after the abandonment of victorious battlefields. Such is the life of Blood Lord.
Dusk_Imp - Blood Lord is like a celebrity here. Everything he does is pure awesome. ALL HAIL BLOOD LORD
Doctress Who - Why couldn't there be a Blood Lord in every forum? It would make life so much easier.
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Riz » Sun Jan 20, 2013 5:14 pm

Oh sorry didn't realize that the separate definitions of 'anime' and 'watcher' together didn't combine to mean someone who watches anime

Postby Blood Lord » Sun Jan 20, 2013 5:35 pm

Its the frequency that you need to define. If you go shooting once or twice during the summer, are you a gun enthusiast?

You want to try to chill out a bit too.
Jeffffey - Blood, you look at the information someone says, look over what really happened, and reply in a way that makes them realize what they were really thinking.
Light10s - Blood Lord! Your avatars are becoming more epic. You make me feel like getting on all fours and submitting my loyalty and obedience to you.
Fievel - Numerous campaigns and conquests, countless bodies decaying after the abandonment of victorious battlefields. Such is the life of Blood Lord.
Dusk_Imp - Blood Lord is like a celebrity here. Everything he does is pure awesome. ALL HAIL BLOOD LORD
Doctress Who - Why couldn't there be a Blood Lord in every forum? It would make life so much easier.
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Riz » Sun Jan 20, 2013 5:37 pm

I am completely chill, maybe you're just projecting.

Postby Blood Lord » Sun Jan 20, 2013 5:40 pm

Could be.
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby MQuinny1234 » Sun Jan 20, 2013 6:06 pm

Well that was fun.

Speaking of which, started watching One Piece again.

Awful lot of flashbacking and repetition in that show. Really the only problem I have,
Image=
Reluctant Nailbiter

Postby Q.U. » Sun Jan 20, 2013 6:07 pm

Careful BL, if that's her chill mode you don't want to make her switch gear.
(I feel like I should add joke tags there, because I'm nearly certain somebody would take that seriously)

Blood Lord wrote:Because 90% actually do. Assumptions are made.

Hmm, if you say it's a % of people who have ever seen at least one full episode of any anime in their life then I think it's an overestimate. If, however, you mean the same but for people aged 30 and below, then it might just be true.

Riz wrote:
Tuor wrote:I've never even seen Wakfu

Why do people keep thinking you watch anime

1) Because he does watch anime.

Wikifuckingpedia wrote:Chevalier: Le Chevalier D'Eon (シュヴァリエ Shuvarie?, literally, "The Knight of Eon") is a 24-episode anime TV series

2) Because Wakfu is not anime:
Wikifuckingpedia again wrote:Ankama Animation has been producing a French-language cartoon series by the same name, based on the video game. The first season of 26 episodes began airing on 30 October 2008, and new episodes continued to air into June 2010 on France 3. The show is animated with Adobe Flash software; all the production is done in France except (...)

3) Because you suck.
I advise some people here to look up the definitions of "anime" and "western cartoon".
This post is intended for information only. Please do not reply to this message as responses cannot be read or acknowledged due to the stupidity of the user.

Postby MQuinny1234 » Sun Jan 20, 2013 6:32 pm

Hmm. I find it a bit hard to say what's exclusively anime, western animation or anime-influenced western animation, etc. Putting it in words I mean. Best I could do is, "because it looks like anime." Couldn't give a proper list of requirements.

Specially since a good few anime things have been taken into western animation I imagine in the last couple of decades.

I mean, the special of Wakfu showing Nox's past, was apparently an anime.
Image=
Reluctant Nailbiter

Postby Riz » Sun Jan 20, 2013 6:40 pm

Postby Q.U. » Sun Jan 20, 2013 6:48 pm

And you only managed to get THAT as your response on a 2ND try, Riz?

I remain underwhelmed.

Hmm. I find it a bit hard to say what's exclusively anime, western animation or anime-influenced western animation, etc. Putting it in words I mean. Best I could do is, "because it looks like anime." Couldn't give a proper list of requirements.

It is hard to draw the line sometimes. But for me it's based on two things. One is where it is produced. Japan makes anime. But I would consider changing that if any Asian studio moved to America or Europe. The other thing is the style. Anime has a specific animated style, very different from 80s-90s western cartoons. And while nowadays the difference is much harder to make out, I don't think we can consider a movie made in Adobe Flash as anime, just as computer-animated Shrek is not an anime. Wakfu fails to meet these anime requirements on both fronts, thus I do not consider it anime.
This post is intended for information only. Please do not reply to this message as responses cannot be read or acknowledged due to the stupidity of the user.

Postby Riz » Sun Jan 20, 2013 6:53 pm

I don't care enough about this conversation to give you anything but an echidna dick

Postby Q.U. » Sun Jan 20, 2013 6:57 pm

I am flattered that you cared enough to grace me with any response whatsoever.

I knew you still cared about me. Divorce or not.

Postby Tuor » Sun Jan 20, 2013 6:58 pm

Q.U. wrote:
Riz wrote:
Tuor wrote:I've never even seen Wakfu

Why do people keep thinking you watch anime

1) Because he does watch anime.

I watch anime? Whoa
"Suddenly Frodo noticed that a strange-looking weather-beaten man, sitting in the shadows near the wall, was also listening intently to the hobbit-talk. He had a tall tankard in front of him, and was smoking a long-stemmed pipe curiously carved. His legs were stretched out before him, showing high boots of supple leather that fitted him well, but had seen much wear and were now caked with mud. A travel-stained cloak of heavy dark-green cloth was drawn close about him, and in spite of the heat of the room he wore a hood that overshadowed his face; but the gleam of his eyes could be seen as he watched the hobbits."
Rest Easy Ethan

Postby Q.U. » Sun Jan 20, 2013 7:04 pm

Yes, you do. Surprising, isn't it?

Mr. Sefrol wrote:I always saw that to rent (Le Chevalier D'Eon) at our local library, but never actually tried to watch it... Any good?

Tuor wrote:I watched a few episode of it on netflix, it was ok. My gf and I had to stop though because she couldn't stand the bastardization of french in it

Q.U. wrote:
Wikifuckingpedia wrote:Chevalier: Le Chevalier D'Eon (シュヴァリエ Shuvarie?, literally, "The Knight of Eon") is a 24-episode anime TV series

This is what I'm getting from the conversation. Or am I wrong?

Postby MQuinny1234 » Sun Jan 20, 2013 7:05 pm

Perhaps just watched. There's still some questions over what makes someone an anime watcher.
Image=
Reluctant Nailbiter

Postby Riz » Sun Jan 20, 2013 7:06 pm

Tuor had to watch anime for a class.

Postby Tuor » Sun Jan 20, 2013 7:16 pm

Shrug, if you wanna get picky about it.

Ya, I have seen anime, I wouldn't consider myself a watcher of anime though considering it's not something where of my own free will I'll be like, "Hmm, I'm bored, oh I know! I'll watch some anime"
"Suddenly Frodo noticed that a strange-looking weather-beaten man, sitting in the shadows near the wall, was also listening intently to the hobbit-talk. He had a tall tankard in front of him, and was smoking a long-stemmed pipe curiously carved. His legs were stretched out before him, showing high boots of supple leather that fitted him well, but had seen much wear and were now caked with mud. A travel-stained cloak of heavy dark-green cloth was drawn close about him, and in spite of the heat of the room he wore a hood that overshadowed his face; but the gleam of his eyes could be seen as he watched the hobbits."
Rest Easy Ethan

Postby Q.U. » Sun Jan 20, 2013 7:22 pm

You should give it a try. I think you might find it quite enjoyable.

And yes, the technicality of whether or not you can be classified an anime watcher is not the issue for this discussion. I'm merely trying to explain where my assumption that you might know something about wakfu came from. Of course, the fact that you watched a few episodes of some anime, not necessarily of your own will, does not point to you watching anime regularly. But it sure as hell does not point the other way either. A field easy to confuse if I might say so myself.

Postby MQuinny1234 » Sun Jan 20, 2013 7:25 pm

Apparently the art of Wakfu is quite good.

Asmo always seemed to think that. I thought it was better than normal, but that's a layman's opinion.
Image=
Reluctant Nailbiter

Postby Tuor » Sun Jan 20, 2013 7:26 pm

I guess. My frustration, and Lily's as well I guess, by proxy, is that recently it's been assumed a couple times that I've watched anime and I've said that I don't.

Yes, asmo loves Wakfu hard
Rest Easy Ethan

PreviousNext

Return to EverAfter