Moderator: Mod Squad
Rosso Rose wrote:They changed from red to blue recently too. Seems quite appropriate for the [as] Toonami.
From pure speculation alone, I would have to come to the conclusion that Blood Lord doesn't like Sym-Bionic Titan.Havoc751 wrote:Blood Lord wrote:Thank God.
What do you mean?
Rosso Rose wrote:Well, Soul Eater is now going to be on Toonami soon. Someone tried to make me watch this show because she claimed to "have gotten people to watch it and like it". It took awhile, I thought it wasn't gonna happen but it's gonna.
Mr. Sefrol wrote:Well they only made the 12 episodes (and an OVA), so I highly doubt it's going to go anywhere from there. Which is sad since I'm a big Deadman Wonderland fan.
Blood Lord wrote:Things get picked up for second seasons, so there is still a chance. HotD got its second season approved.
Still waiting for the second season of the 2011 remake of the Thundercats to get approved.
Biostar wrote:I've already have. When I saw the commercial I thought it was Lego Thundercats.
The bad guys are reptiles for crying out loud.
Mr. Sefrol wrote:I was blown away with both Thundercats and Sym Bionic Titans. At the beginning I was skeptical about the Thundercats remake since I loved watching the originals. But yes, it went in a very fresh direction. Never watched the season finale though I believe.
Publisher To Serve As Home for Comics Based on Network's Classic Hits!
San Diego, CA (February 25, 2013) - IDW Publishing and Cartoon Network Enterprises today announced that the two companies have forged a partnership to produce and release comics based on many of the network's popular and iconic classic characters!'
"Many of these Cartoon Network shows have only grown in popularity since they originally aired," said Chris Ryall, IDW's Chief Creative Officer/Editor-in-Chief, "and we're excited to be able to offer new iterations of the characters in comic-book form alongside both our planned reprint material and also some new animated ventures Cartoon Network has planned, too. There's a wealth of fun properties to play with here, and we've already got some unique things in mind for them."
Beginning in 2013, fans can look forward to seeing the returns of beloved characters from classic Cartoon Network shows including THE POWERPUFF GIRLS, BEN 10, DEXTER'S LABORATORY, SAMURAI JACK, JOHNNY BRAVO, GENERATOR REX, and many more.
Not only will IDW be teaming with high-caliber creators from the world of comics to publish new adventures featuring tons of Cartoon Network's characters, but fans can also look forward to a variety of reprints of previous incarnations of Cartoon Network comics.
"We are excited to partner with IDW to bring some of our most beloved and iconic brands and characters to life for fans of all ages," said Pete Yoder, Vice President of Consumer Products, North America for Cartoon Network Enterprises. "It will be a great opportunity to revisit and expand many of these great stories told in comic-book form, and we're excited to see what the creative team at IDW comes up with."
While details have yet to be announced on the specific titles and creative teams, IDW and Cartoon Network are thrilled to be heading into 2013 with this new partnership and great new comics hitting comic shops soon!
Chad Bonin wrote:If you remember correctly, I’ll be hosting a Toonami panel at MomoCon on March 10th. Steve Blum (TOM), Jason DeMarco (co-creator), and more of the Toonami staff will be on hand to answer questions.
I’ll have my own questions to ask. The audience will have theirs. For the chunk of people who just can’t make it down to Georgia (really, you can’t clear a weekend to fly cross-country?), Toonami News will be recording the panel and uploading it online.
But, you want your question asked at the panel? That’s great! A few guidelines before you ask, though.'
- Please read the FAQ. I cannot stress this enough. If your question is easily answered by the FAQ, we won’t consider it.
- Think about questions that are more person-related. Stories, personal roles, experiences, etc. If the Tumblr is posted anonymously, the panel is to ask Steve, Jason, and the others questions. It can be story-time if you want it.
- Double-check the history of the Tumblr. You might have the answer already, and if so, we’ll probably just skip the question.
- No current or future acquisition news, specifics about editing rules, general Adult Swim/Cartoon Network questions, or etc. These are the things that time-and-again you’ve been told can’t be answered due to legal issues or, well, lack of relevance.
- Let us know your name, if you want. We’ll make sure to say who the question’s from online. You can be immortalized in a YouTube clip!
- Steve! Don’t forget, Steve Blum doesn’t answer on the Tumblr, and the MomoCon interview panel with him will focus on his other roles. If you’ve got a question for Steve and/or TOM, now’s your chance.
Read all that? Got a good idea? Go ahead and ask the Toonami crew the question, dropping the hashtag #momocon in your message to indicate that you don’t want your question asked on the blog, but at MomoCon.
Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot] and 16 guests