PPGD - Belly of the Dragon (16 January 2013)

The forum for Bleedman fans! Feel free to discuss other comics and cartoons, as well.

Moderator: Mod Squad

PPGD - Belly of the Dragon (16 January 2013)

Postby achthenuts » Wed Jan 16, 2013 9:25 am

The injection looks familliar.
I heard you don't accept god
I don't accept fandom/shipping/mary-sue
This is not EVERY users.

Re: PPGD - Belly of the Dragon (16 January 2013)

Postby Birdofterror » Wed Jan 16, 2013 9:37 am

*Groan*

Who writes this stuff...?
"It's such a fine line between clever and stupid."

The Chronometal Wars, a fan-fiction taking place in the PPGD Universe. Catastrophe is the only certainty.
Bird oft Error

Postby Blood Lord » Wed Jan 16, 2013 1:24 pm

BR...

The injection gun is the Cricket from Men In Black, ach. Its small, but packs one hell of a punch (and recoil).

Postby MQuinny1234 » Wed Jan 16, 2013 2:21 pm

Well, Blossom is a hero, so...unless heroes have had their families murdered in front of them, they have to crack stupid-ass jokes.

Bell, is just kinda mocking her.
Image=
-"I'm sophisticated, charming, suave, and debonair, Professor. But I have never claimed to be civilized."
Reluctant Nailbiter

Postby GrimlyLoveGunner » Wed Jan 16, 2013 2:54 pm

I can't tell if someone brainfarted on the wording or if it's a overboard on too many plays on words.

Which makes it sad that this is all there is to say on a new page.

What Gir's saying doesn't make sense. And it's not the funny not making sense.

Sad. :'(
~My Art thread with picture & info on my Fairly Odd Parents Doujinshi!~
viewtopic.php?f=5&t=55061
Iwannabeyourtldrbitch

Postby Birdofterror » Wed Jan 16, 2013 4:07 pm

Blood Lord wrote:BR...

I know...
MQuinny1234 wrote:Well, Blossom is a hero, so...unless heroes have had their families murdered in front of them, they have to crack stupid-ass jokes.
Does unraveling the entire fabric of reality count?

The Chronometal Wars, a fan-fiction taking place in the PPGD Universe. Catastrophe is the only certainty.
Bird oft Error

Postby 0kamu0 » Wed Jan 16, 2013 4:15 pm

Oh goody, a Legend of Zelda reference.

Postby MQuinny1234 » Wed Jan 16, 2013 4:16 pm

As a joke or murdered families?

Because yes.
Image=
-"I'm sophisticated, charming, suave, and debonair, Professor. But I have never claimed to be civilized."
Reluctant Nailbiter

Postby BeeAre » Wed Jan 16, 2013 6:22 pm

Gir's nonsensical, but Bell picks up on his general attitude enough to have a sort of conversation with him.

And about Blossom's response? Are we honestly going to ignore the some-odd hundred times the girls have exchanged banter with villains that is downright goofy?

I'm getting the words out of my system now, just like they did in the show, before a large fight, some things are said, and then they start fighting because Good Versus Evil.

Next layer of pages, almost no words, more on bleedman's part. some of it is me making sure he's drawing the right thing for the fight to make sense, but mostly him drawing neat stuff.

On this page I enjoyed how easy it was too over-goof the exchange, as is typical in the cartoon. Only here I can reference the Internet and Video Games. So... sorry *shrug* I enjoyed it.
Snafu Comics' Forum Alpha Bro, Staff Writer, Editor, Image, and Keeper of the Jar Brain of Secret President. RIP Ku Ku Ku \(-^.^-)/ U Wuz A REAL N***A!!!!!!!
"We're quite aware of this. BR is no happy rainbow face man. He is simply our neighborhood best fucking poster." ~ Warbear
最後の撃は。。。切ない。Puff Most Epic.
Ladies and Gentlemen, The:
BR

Postby Blood Lord » Wed Jan 16, 2013 7:19 pm

Hell BR, as long as you enjoyed it, who cares? Sometimes we take these comics a little too seriously and forget that they are from cartoons. Goofy exchanges are something we should chuckle at a bit in them.

Postby K13-ZAR » Wed Jan 16, 2013 10:22 pm

1.I find the play on words both funny and confusing

2.am I the only one who finds some the Men in Black related things somewhat unnecessary
I'm NOT CRAZY! I'm just unpredictable there's a difference

Postby Havoc » Wed Jan 16, 2013 11:40 pm

BeeAre wrote:Next layer of pages, almost no words, more on bleedman's part. some of it is me making sure he's drawing the right thing for the fight to make sense, but mostly him drawing neat stuff.

Awesome, I love a well animated fight scene, I look foreword to this.
Hey, just out of curiosity, exactly how many pages are we talking about here?

Y'know, I kinda like the references. I know a lot of people probably got the "it's dangerous to go alone" one, but I wonder how many caught the "it's a secret to everyone"?

K13-ZAR wrote:am I the only one who finds some the Men in Black related things somewhat unnecessary

Sure, their part isn't very big in the over all story, but I wouldn't say that they're unnecessary.
User No. 24602
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby achthenuts » Thu Jan 17, 2013 12:57 am

Blood Lord wrote:The injection gun is the Cricket from Men In Black, ach. Its small, but packs one hell of a punch (and recoil).

Oh thanks for remind me.

K13-ZAR wrote:2.am I the only one who finds some the Men in Black related things somewhat unnecessary

Unnecessary plot I guess. :roll:
I heard you don't accept god
I don't accept fandom/shipping/mary-sue
This is not EVERY users.

Postby CTCFirebird » Thu Jan 17, 2013 3:38 am

This doesn't make sense... Blossom could leave out the "WITH FORCE" part since she specifically established that she'll stop Bell by force ("Give me the bomb or I'll be forced to stop you")

And

"You are not bombing while you bomb around me." What? LOL That lost me by a lot. I don't get it.
I am the Winner

Postby Dibullba » Thu Jan 17, 2013 3:48 am

Postby punzil504 » Thu Jan 17, 2013 8:30 am

If Blossom forced a male cow to eat her words, they'd be abominable.

As for the noisy cricket... Bell was infatuated by it earlier, so it only makes sense for continuity for her to have it and use it on Blossom. Since she probably doesn't know about the recoil, she's in for a surprise...
Still preoccupied with 1985

Postby Collider » Thu Jan 17, 2013 8:41 am

Before anything else, let me say that, for slipping in that "a secret to everybody" line, you win everything forever. Plus, the barrage of puns made me chuckle quite heartily.

Weirdly, I can't help but read that "I was the bomb" line as though Bell had a ghetto accent. No idea why, though.
Gaze into nothingness and despair!

Postby PP-Grim1013 » Thu Jan 17, 2013 7:35 pm

Blood Lord wrote:Hell BR, as long as you enjoyed it, who cares? Sometimes we take these comics a little too seriously and forget that they are from cartoons. Goofy exchanges are something we should chuckle at a bit in them.

^ This. Seriously.

I also agree that Bell probably doesn't know about the kickback / recoil on the Cricket... But what will she fly back into that a PPG can't recover from? I mean, they fly :unsure:
*Castella Sky*
"Courage is the Magic that turns Dreams into Reality"
Nintendo 3DS Friend Code: 2406 5651 2352 - Tatsuki✩[/color]

Postby Mon-Kitsune » Thu Jan 17, 2013 11:22 pm

PP-Grim1013 wrote:
Blood Lord wrote:Hell BR, as long as you enjoyed it, who cares? Sometimes we take these comics a little too seriously and forget that they are from cartoons. Goofy exchanges are something we should chuckle at a bit in them.

^ This. Seriously.

I also agree that Bell probably doesn't know about the kickback / recoil on the Cricket... But what will she fly back into that a PPG can't recover from? I mean, they fly :unsure:

Actually, this could be one case being a PP (Power Person) could actually work AGAINST Bell. I am thinking of another aspect of being a PP, the near invulnerable body. That could actually make the recoil WORSE. With a normal person, the throw back will stop as soon as the person firing collides with something to stop them (like a wall) But since a PP body is so invulnerable, things that would stop a human body won't neccecarily stop it (i.e. if they are thrown agaisnt a wall with enough force, they're quite likey to go through it.) So that could work out to a much longer recoil path. Basically until she regains control of herself and arrests her own motion, her inertia could keep her going through surface after surface (think of something like when Goku in DBZ is hit by someone and goes through the walls of half a city before he finally comes to rest).
"For I have heard the Song of War, and to me, it sounds just like "Please, Mister Custer.""

Cogito Ergot Sum, "I think there is something wrong with this rye bread." (Aplogies to Seafrol.)

Postby Blood Lord » Thu Jan 17, 2013 11:27 pm

That would be priceless.

Postby Havoc » Fri Jan 18, 2013 1:15 am

I wonder what kind of effect the Noisy Cricket will have on Blossom. I mean, will she be unaffected by it, will it simply just push her back, or does it have the potential to kill her in one hit?

Mon-Kitsune wrote:something like when Goku in DBZ is hit by someone and goes through the walls of half a city before he finally comes to rest

I would love to see that.
User No. 24602
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Birdofterror » Fri Jan 18, 2013 1:27 am

I don't think such a weapon would be introduced for no reason. Either for comic relief or for successful assault. Either way, we will be either laughing or crying. Or both.

Bird oft Error

Postby xbox432 » Fri Jan 18, 2013 12:49 pm

In the 3rd panel it Blossom says "or I will be forced stop you with force" shouldn't it say "or I will be forced to stop you with force"? As for the banter itself being inane, that's just apart of being a cartoon super hero, it just feels right :grin:
And the monkey flips the switch.
Luna Is Best Princess

Postby PrincessAirionna565 » Sat Jan 19, 2013 8:51 am

Well I'm gonna be a combo-breaker here and say that I thoroughly enjoy this page, for numerous reasons.

1. Confrontation between Bell and Blossom I've been waiting for since their first one towards the beginning of the comic.
2. For a while there a lot of the updates weren't really advancing the plot. But this one does - quite a bit. And that gun has me really interested, especially since it apparently has a strong kickback.
3. A panty shot was avoided where one would've been easily excusable (worm's-eye-view on Bell).
4. The redundancies (like "forced to stop you with force") seem pretty intentional to me and I thought they were funny. Reminds me of the original show when there would be ridiculously melodramatic banter that just ended up sounding ridiculous.
5. Memes & puns, gotta love 'em. :grin:

Also,
Blood Lord wrote:Hell BR, as long as you enjoyed it, who cares? Sometimes we take these comics a little too seriously and forget that they are from cartoons.

This is probably the truest statement about any webcomic I've heard in a while.
FOR EVERY SPRINKLE I FIND... I SHALL KILL YOU!

...GOOD NEWS! I'VE DECIDED NOT TO KILL YOU!

Postby rac7d » Sun Jan 20, 2013 12:28 am

any chance blossom pulls of another goku moment like she did in the her show and dode the blast by leaning her head to the left

Next

Return to Bleed Forum (Comics and Animation)