It's All in the Mind?

Discuss new comics, posts, and news directly from the Snafu-Comics main page!

Moderator: Mod Squad

Postby Bleedman » Thu Jan 10, 2013 10:13 pm

DMajorBoss: So, we get a bit more information about these "two."
Joe M. :"draw till your hands BLEED"
thus I was born...........

Re: It's All in the Mind?

Postby shadownerd221 » Thu Jan 10, 2013 11:43 pm

Interesting. So Ginger and Licorice are in fact one being. A split personality as it's called. One may believe there is a second person but they don't know they are they same being.

Postby DaCrum » Fri Jan 11, 2013 1:47 am

BR: Is this ending soon? Because you're getting to a rather conclusive part of this storyline, and if you continue it, it would not go well.
Escape will make me God.
65124_134_12++[CMND PRAMA +49c2]

Postby Etherian » Fri Jan 11, 2013 12:05 pm

shadownerd221 wrote:Interesting. So Ginger and Licorice are in fact one being. A split personality as it's called. One may believe there is a second person but they don't know they are they same being.

On this page, it actually states that this is not the case. She is a highly connected but distinct being, with a certain amount of physical presence. What I wonder is, when people "only see the acts of one", what determines which side gets precedence. Do they trade off between using the main body and spectating, or are they both equally capable of interacting with the rest of the world and their actions somehow combined into a single person's actions before reaching other peoples' awareness?

I'm glad it's not a normal case of dissassociative identity disorder - I would hate for the writers to follow another story's plot so closely. Plus, we wouldn't want the ruler of Confectionaria to have a serious mental disorder.

Licorice said "Why can't I be the one to stay?". I wonder if that means Ginger would have disappeared had things been resolved Licorice's way.

Postby Blood Lord » Fri Jan 11, 2013 1:23 pm

Blood Lord is right... again.

Licorice said "Why can't I be the one to stay?". I wonder if that means Ginger would have disappeared had things been resolved Licorice's way.

Potentially. I took it as a way of meaning that Licorice would make Bleedheart make her a body. Though possession is possible, but I don't think she would have needed Bleedheart for that. Just time.

Postby CallMeD. » Fri Jan 11, 2013 11:09 pm

Having manifested to such an extent as to be seen by others; Licorice has proven to be more than just a split personality. Although Ginger has control for now, there is still the possiblity of her relapsing in the future. And should that time come, Licorice could potentially take over as the dominate personality, or eventually manifest as a independent entity should her strength progress any farther.

Postby Blood Lord » Fri Jan 11, 2013 11:44 pm

I predict that later on they will encounter an evil person in which Licorice will reemerge and aid Ginger. I hope I'm wrong, because that always seems to be the case in these sorts of things.

Postby Raulosification » Sat Jan 12, 2013 12:45 pm

Blood Lord wrote:I predict that later on they will encounter an evil person in which Licorice will reemerge and aid Ginger. I hope I'm wrong, because that always seems to be the case in these sorts of things.

Ginger will go trough a 'Trial by fire' in the appropriate future ... Licorice wants to take control and Ginger must resist with all of her strength ... This is just and idea but like you said, 'this always seems to be the case in these sorts of things'.
''A friend is one who has the same enemies as you have.''
The Mighty Death

Postby soul390 » Sun Jan 13, 2013 5:14 pm

Hmm....This is continuing to be interesting :O. I agree with Blood lord and Ralfisiftivation(sorry if i messed my name, don't kill me :'() Ginger seems to have to go to something deep in the future(if there is 1) for lico to come back to the physical plane of reality. At least, The King has known there is 2 souls in his daughter body- her own and parallel self. Now for something completely different(i wished i could watch that show!)lol not that my fellow snafuagents but Blue bomb(the "little boy blue" of the SJF) would like to speak.Blue Bomb:Thanks soulkent, I'm a little worried about hansel, and Miss.Bo(Mary's little sheep) as a fellow Fable(referring to my Fables counterpart Boy Blue) I am not lazy as the original little boy blue from the nurseary rhyme tells,but am just as loyal and dutifil as Boy Blue. I'm also worried.... :redface: about Miss.Red who was sent back to Everafter as with Boy Blue I have a connection with Red Riding Hood too.Once again, lol to my fellow bros-in-arms for their personal feelings for their "special friends".Anyways,that's is all and i look forward to next page my friends!
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
TagLine:"The SJF are here,please get out of here of the way!"
SJF FJSOC team

Postby Blood Lord » Sun Jan 13, 2013 5:36 pm

The hell?

Umm, anyways. Bo is King's "daughter", not Ginger.

Postby stratus » Mon Jan 14, 2013 1:09 pm

Ginger is probably an undiscovered telepath and her abilties were just dormant but became active by the trauma of the loss of her mother. she tried to supress those emotions, not talking about with anyone or openly showing her despair. (if you remember the begining of sugar bits ginger was really bratty and putting on a bad girl front.) but the whole time she was going through the 5 Stages of Grief (denial & isolation, Anger, Bargaining, Depression, Acceptance)
During her anger/bargaining phase (shes in these phases most of the book) her mind "projected" Licorice, a darker manafestation of her repressed turmoil + feelings. overtime as Gingers depression sank deeper Licorice got stronger and became "physical" and was able to do all the dark stuff on Gingers behalf. but eventually toward the end Ginger moved on to the Acceptance phase so her mind no longer needs the services of Licorice which causes her to fade away. If ginger could control this power she would be a god.
Last edited by stratus on Mon Jan 14, 2013 1:19 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Postby Mimi_Fan_Girl » Mon Jan 14, 2013 1:13 pm

See even the well dressed mouse knew it was wrong to spy on a girl in her room. And King has a daughter?

Postby Xi-1 » Tue Jan 15, 2013 3:33 pm

I'd like to think that Ginger does not have telepathic abilities similar to Mimi, or even telepathic projection. King already stated that only those who are sensitive to the other could detect and interact with Licorice, so even if it was a case of telepathic projection it was both incomplete, and lacked any sign of being a further physical or emotional stress on Ginger, for the entire time Licorice was around. It's sort of like having an ESPer who can detect ghosts.

Not very dramatic, that King has adopted Ginger (which is what I take as indicated by the quote marks around 'daughter.' Or is it, considering they're of different races? But we have memories of Ginger growing up in the same castle, right? If she is adopted, what happened to not only her mother, but her father?
A Page Flipper

Postby stratus » Tue Jan 15, 2013 9:39 pm

Xi-1 wrote:I'd like to think that Ginger does not have telepathic abilities similar to Mimi, or even telepathic projection. King already stated that only those who are sensitive to the other could detect and interact with Licorice, so even if it was a case of telepathic projection it was both incomplete, and lacked any sign of being a further physical or emotional stress on Ginger, for the entire time Licorice was around. It's sort of like having an ESPer who can detect ghosts.

Not very dramatic, that King has adopted Ginger (which is what I take as indicated by the quote marks around 'daughter.' Or is it, considering they're of different races? But we have memories of Ginger growing up in the same castle, right? If she is adopted, what happened to not only her mother, but her father?

Mimi's telepathy is mainly Precognition and Gingers (if she has it.) is Mental projection. The theory that only people with certain supernatural awareness or certain emotional bonds to ginger could see licorice makes sense. but it may also be that her ability is still very unrefined and still weak. Gingers Telapathic Projection abilities might be tied with an event in her past or ancestry having to do with the "Huantergiest" race. if you remember "Mindsnare" Also had the power of Telepathic projection and he was skilled to the level that he could project a telepathic copy of Little Red Hood from a whole dimension away and additonally produce several big bad wolves from her mind on top of that. (All completely phyiscal and visible to everyone)

Ginger might have some Huantergiest in her blood, her moms death was never fully explained. it could be that some Huantergiest killed her for what ever purpose (maybe some deal with the devil type scenario) and ginger was imbued with some residual power. or since her Dad is such a mystery he may be some "Huantergiest Lord" for all we know. it wouldnt have been hard for him to project himself with a human appearance & make it physical .

Postby DarkzeroProjects » Sat Jan 26, 2013 9:50 pm

Hmm....I am suprised its gone that far.I kind of had a feeling that she was odd.
Two of them,sort of.Nice to be somewhat back after months of offline activity.

Return to Comic Updates and News!