New Grim Tales - 1/7/13 - Party of 3

The forum for Bleedman fans! Feel free to discuss other comics and cartoons, as well.

Moderator: Mod Squad

Re: New Grim Tales - 1/7/13 - Party of 3

Postby Blood Lord » Fri Jan 11, 2013 10:12 am

Havoc751 wrote:That's actually something that's been bugging ever since WHAM. Was it the whole world, or just the city that was destroyed?
I'm thinking it might have been the world, based on what Grim said, how it was "the busiest day of his carrier".

Nothing has been said that the world has been destroyed. Just the city.

Havoc751 wrote:Also, there's another thing that I've wondering. Why don't the other Powerpuff girls appear to have families of their own?

How do you know they haven't? For all we know they could have been offspring and families that are now protecting earth (or what remains of it), or they could have died in the destruction of Megaville. Its just a fact that hasn't been pointed out yet.

GrimlyLoveGunner wrote:Didn't Jeff say, at the very beggining, that Him took her away before she could barely walk? after that I always assumed she's uberly young (excuse my wording) and with this put in here, the machine would explain why she hasn't been able to learn yet.

Proof please. Because otherwise, no.

GrimlyLoveGunner wrote:this seems that Blossom maybe does resent her creation alittle

How so? Mommy's work gets in the way of her daughter's birthday and now all of a sudden she's a horrible parent who resents her daughter to a degree?

GrimlyLoveGunner wrote:I know I'm the only one on here that cares to talk about whats happening emotionally and not throwing around theories on how it happened.

Excuse me? Bitch, please. Next time in the future, don't give yourself so much credit, especially on your first day.

GrimlyLoveGunner wrote:Also, I don't know why you all use the style of the items/accesories/enviorment to prove or disprove the ability of things. This is Bleedman, we're talking about here. Dexter probably has a tube on his face because it looks cool.

Because he doesn't draw that extreme, and everything has a reason. Everything explains something, no matter how artistic it may seem.
Stufflikehearts - He is a Sith Lord. I love Blood Lord :3
Jeffffey - Blood, you look at the information someone says, look over what really happened, and reply in a way that makes them realize what they were really thinking.
Light10s - Blood Lord! Your avatars are becoming more epic. You make me feel like getting on all fours and submitting my loyalty and obedience to you.
Fievel - Numerous campaigns and conquests, countless bodies decaying after the abandonment of victorious battlefields. Such is the life of Blood Lord.
Dusk_Imp - Blood Lord is like a celebrity here. Everything he does is pure awesome. ALL HAIL BLOOD LORD
Doctress Who - Why couldn't there be a Blood Lord in every forum? It would make life so much easier.
Semper Vigilans
Moderator

User avatar
offline
 
Posts: 18841
Joined: Thu Sep 25, 2008 5:21 pm
Gender: None specified

Re: New Grim Tales - 1/7/13 - Party of 3

Postby GrimlyLoveGunner » Fri Jan 11, 2013 3:10 pm

Havoc751 wrote:
It never said the world was devastated, just that the city was destroyed.


That's actually something that's been bugging ever since WHAM. Was it the whole world, or just the city that was destroyed?
I'm thinking it might have been the world, based on what Grim said, how it was "the busiest day of his carrier".

Also, there's another thing that I've wondering. Why don't the other Powerpuff girls appear to have families of their own?
I mean, is it simply because Bleed didn't feel like creating them, or is there some underline reason story wise?


I think maybe the town was just destroyed. maybe it being a big town was the reason for Grims comment.

And if the whole world was destroyed wouldn't Grim be out of a job? unless it was just that world and he's still working in all the others. (Halloween Town for example- wait. The people in Halloween Town might all be immortal. :roll:)

And considering Blossoms own 'family' is a little unorthadox (and young) I'm guessing the other girls are focusing on world saving and not reproducing.

Besides, Bubbles has Courage and Buttercups an established Tsunedere with one eye.

And, you know.....

It isn't needed and we would all be complaining of too much input from irrelevent side children.

And mulling over the sexification of more original Bleedbabies......

Ahahaha. I named them Bleedbabies....

EDIT after I saw Bloodlords post:

GrimlyLoveGunner wrote:
Didn't Jeff say, at the very beggining, that Him took her away before she could barely walk? after that I always assumed she's uberly young (excuse my wording) and with this put in here, the machine would explain why she hasn't been able to learn yet.

Proof please. Because otherwise, no.


GrimlyLoveGunner wrote:
this seems that Blossom maybe does resent her creation alittle

How so? Mommy's work gets in the way of her daughter's birthday and now all of a sudden she's a horrible parent who resents her daughter to a degree?


GrimlyLoveGunner wrote:
I know I'm the only one on here that cares to talk about whats happening emotionally and not throwing around theories on how it happened.


Excuse me? Bitch, please. Next time in the future, don't give yourself so much credit, especially on your first day.


GrimlyLoveGunner wrote:
Also, I don't know why you all use the style of the items/accesories/enviorment to prove or disprove the ability of things. This is Bleedman, we're talking about here. Dexter probably has a tube on his face because it looks cool.

Because he doesn't draw that extreme, and everything has a reason. Everything explains something, no matter how artistic it may seem


1. (searches for fifteen minutes) I can't find the page, my computers on a time limit and it won't load Snafu pages worth @%#$. I could have read it wrong though. But really, Mimi can barely speak. Unless she's choosing to only say 'Ma' as I don't think the machine would drain her vocal cords. I think it makes more sense for her to be both drained and really young.

2. Everyone had been talking in a diffrent topic about Blossoms relationship with Mimi and weither or not she resented her I admitted it was old news but just happened to bring it up. I didn't mean it to be serious, it could be anything. Yeah, Blossoms working, so I could be wrong. I was thinking that Blossom would want to be there for her daughers birthday at all costs, but if the world is in utter turmoil, sure, she's just a working mommy. Don't have to bite my head off. Please. This is a webcomic, not cold war politics.

3. I wasn't saying that's what everybody SHOULD be doing. I've just been noticing that people always theorize about what a single paragrapth in the latest pages means. Because I have been here, for a while. I just don't comment on everything because it isn't worth getting into an argument with the veterans when they're all just working stuff out. Bitch, please. I respect you guys. I mean no harm.

4. .... Okay, I didn't think so. But maybe.
Image
~My Art thread with picture & info on my Fairly Odd Parents Doujinshi!~
viewtopic.php?f=5&t=55061
Iwannabeyourtldrbitch
User avatar
offline
 
Posts: 296
Joined: Fri Jun 22, 2012 2:52 pm
Location: Behind you. Dumbass
Gender: Female

Re: New Grim Tales - 1/7/13 - Party of 3

Postby ZaneS » Fri Jan 11, 2013 5:47 pm

The mommy working=resentment is rude to pretty much everyone who grew up with a single mother as their parent. It is becoming common in the US, and very foot in mouth to say. What a parent wants to be able to do and what they can are two very different things.
User avatar
offline
 
Posts: 17
Joined: Fri Dec 14, 2012 2:12 am
Gender: None specified

Re: New Grim Tales - 1/7/13 - Party of 3

Postby Birdofterror » Sat Jan 12, 2013 12:46 am

I need to ask a question. An important question, one so obvious I didn't think of it before.

Why did Him even destroy the City/World? What was in it for him? He has shown multiple times that he is capable of Empathy, although rarely.

For all we know he is capable of actual love too, so why destroy an entire city- at this time no less. Why not do it before Mimi was born? Why not wait until she was an adult? Why did he do it at all- and at this exact time?

Sure, he's a 'bad guy,' but that only raises the question further. Why didn't he do it earlier? Why did he wait for a 'traitor?' What could that 'traitor' have possible wanted? Did the traitor make a Deal with Him, or was he/she simply a dick?

And not only are all of these questions based on Him doing this out of no-where, but during the destruction of Megaville, it seemed like all the heroes had a Vendetta against Him. They all knew him, they all fought him, and they all died to Him. If this really happened to the point of everyone knowing and Hating Him, then it couldn't have been sudden, but in order for him to not already destroy or at least attack the city in the past- it HAD to be sudden.

So what the fuck? Was this all planned ahead of time or is this all just being made up as it goes?
"It's such a fine line between clever and stupid."

The Chronometal Wars, a fan-fiction taking place in the PPGD Universe. Catastrophe is the only certainty.
Bird oft Error
User avatar
offline
 
Posts: 1932
Joined: Thu Nov 05, 2009 8:05 am
Location: You see where I am.
Gender: Male

Re: New Grim Tales - 1/7/13 - Party of 3

Postby Biostar » Sat Jan 12, 2013 2:38 am

@Birdofterror: I think its quite simple: he wasn't strong enough. Megaville was a city of heroes. The guy had problems with the PPG when they were in kindergarten. Whatever this "traitor" did must have gave him an edge that allowed him to make a major strike at the heroes. Also IIRC, the more negative emotions there are, the stronger he gets. I assume he's killed a ton of heroes which would result in a lot of grief, fear, hatred, and etc. He would gain more and more power, which he is always trying to do.

As for why, I assumed it was because he is just plain evil. He was implied to be the Devil himself in the show. He ruined the world in a future where the PPG disappeared for no obvious reason, just that he could. Plus it was the home of his archfoes. If a guy offers them on a silver platter, I don't think Him would decline.
User avatar
offline
 
Posts: 571
Joined: Sun Jul 27, 2008 12:45 am
Location: Someplace with shrimp
Gender: Male

Re: New Grim Tales - 1/7/13 - Party of 3

Postby Mon-Kitsune » Sat Jan 12, 2013 6:43 am

Biostar wrote:@Birdofterror: I think its quite simple: he wasn't strong enough. Megaville was a city of heroes. The guy had problems with the PPG when they were in kindergarten. Whatever this "traitor" did must have gave him an edge that allowed him to make a major strike at the heroes. Also IIRC, the more negative emotions there are, the stronger he gets. I assume he's killed a ton of heroes which would result in a lot of grief, fear, hatred, and etc. He would gain more and more power, which he is always trying to do.

As for why, I assumed it was because he is just plain evil. He was implied to be the Devil himself in the show. He ruined the world in a future where the PPG disappeared for no obvious reason, just that he could. Plus it was the home of his archfoes. If a guy offers them on a silver platter, I don't think Him would decline.


That all actually works in favor of the assumption that Him destroyed the whole world, as opposed to just the city. The more devastation he caused, the more negative emotions there would be, and the stronger he would become. And since he IS evil he would do the rest of the world at some point regardless. Because Megaville had so many heroes, it probably represented the apex of the resistiance, the hardest spot for him to take. So I would imagine he would have blighted the rest of the world, the "easy" part, first to maximize his power, then hit Megaville with all he had.
"For I have heard the Song of War, and to me, it sounds just like "Please, Mister Custer.""

Cogito Ergot Sum, "I think there is something wrong with this rye bread." (Aplogies to Seafrol.)
User avatar
offline
 
Posts: 1361
Joined: Sat Aug 23, 2008 4:59 am
Location: The Kingdom of the Tall Trees
Gender: None specified

Re: New Grim Tales - 1/7/13 - Party of 3

Postby Collider » Sat Jan 12, 2013 9:21 am

Blood Lord wrote:Proof please. Because otherwise, no.


I believe this is the page he was referring to. Check the second panel: Jeff explicitly says Him did something terrible to Mimi once she became old enough to walk.
Gaze into nothingness and despair!
User avatar
offline
 
Posts: 42
Joined: Fri Apr 16, 2010 5:36 pm
Location: Somewhere in Brazil.
Gender: None specified

Re: New Grim Tales - 1/7/13 - Party of 3

Postby Wallow Blacklake » Sat Jan 12, 2013 9:25 am

Mon-Kitsune has pretty much said what I was thinking on the destruction of the city/world.
You've destroyed the city of heroes so why not doom the rest of the world.

Birdofterror wrote:I need to ask a question. An important question, one so obvious I didn't think of it before.
Why did Him even destroy the City/World? What was in it for him?


If I may:
Image
Would have used the Teletubby pic but it was too big.
"What's the point in caring when all it brings is pain?"
Stan Marsh, South Park.

My account. Please check it out: http://wallowblacklake.deviantart.com/
User avatar
offline
 
Posts: 123
Joined: Mon Nov 28, 2011 7:26 am
Location: The bottom of the sea of black tears.
Gender: None specified

Re: New Grim Tales - 1/7/13 - Party of 3

Postby GrimlyLoveGunner » Sat Jan 12, 2013 3:29 pm

ZaneS wrote:The mommy working=resentment is rude to pretty much everyone who grew up with a single mother as their parent. It is becoming common in the US, and very foot in mouth to say. What a parent wants to be able to do and what they can are two very different things.


I know, I'm one of those people with a single parent. That's not what I meant. I was wrong on that. And I don't mean this to sound rude, but we are talking about Powerpuff Girls. I didn't mean to attribute what The Powerpuff Girls are doing to what a large portion of real American women are doing. But, yeah, I was wrong. I was just trying to keep my intelligence switch on and not sound like the n00b fangirl that has nothing more to say then:

Mimi looks so cute, I think she's only four or five- gawd I hope Dexter and Blossom are dating

I believe this is the page he was referring to. Check the second panel: Jeff explicitly says Him did something terrible to Mimi once she became old enough to walk


Oh mother of Fritz yes, thank you Collider. But re-reading that now I'm thinking maybe the 'forcing her to see the horrors of the world' thing maybe meant that Him gave Mimi the power to see bad things happening?

EDIT:

And excuse me if my wordings off. I've been playing Hetaoni for three days so my thought process has been nothing but:

European History.
When's the next tear jerker scene.
and Let's buy Beer from that Toilet.
Image
~My Art thread with picture & info on my Fairly Odd Parents Doujinshi!~
viewtopic.php?f=5&t=55061
Iwannabeyourtldrbitch
User avatar
offline
 
Posts: 296
Joined: Fri Jun 22, 2012 2:52 pm
Location: Behind you. Dumbass
Gender: Female

Re: New Grim Tales - 1/7/13 - Party of 3

Postby Havoc » Sat Jan 12, 2013 6:22 pm

Nothing has been said that the world has been destroyed. Just the city.


Yes, that's true, we don't know if it was the world, or the city that was destroyed. However, if it was the biggest score of death's carrier, Megaville must have been fucking huge.

And considering Blossoms own 'family' is a little unorthadox (and young) I'm guessing the other girls are focusing on world saving and not reproducing.

Besides, Bubbles has Courage and Buttercups an established Tsunedere with one eye.


First of all, we don't know the exact age of Blossom, or really anyone at this point.

I have to agree with Blood Lord, there's a good possibility that they did have families, and they too knew who Mimi's father was, so the kept them hidden somewhere safe.

It isn't needed and we would all be complaining of too much input from irrelevent side children


Actually, no. I can think of a few ways they could fit into the story quite nicely.

Why did Him even destroy the City/World? What was in it for him? He has shown multiple times that he is capable of Empathy, although rarely.


I can come up with a few theory's.
The first one being that maybe he's just a dick.
Another one I thought about was maybe it had something to do with the balance of good and evil in the world, you know, something complected like that.
Finally, I think HIM might be envious of humans. But I don't know if that's good enough of a reason to destroy the world.
User No. 24602
Snafu Gold Card Member!

User avatar
offline
 
Posts: 1827
Joined: Tue Jan 01, 2013 12:41 am
Gender: Male

Re: New Grim Tales - 1/7/13 - Party of 3

Postby Blood Lord » Sat Jan 12, 2013 7:32 pm

Collider wrote:
Blood Lord wrote:Proof please. Because otherwise, no.


I believe this is the page he was referring to. Check the second panel: Jeff explicitly says Him did something terrible to Mimi once she became old enough to walk.

Thank you for providing evidence. But it just shows that Him tried to get Mimi before. It does have some validity though, this earlier attack could have rendered Mimi into her present state. the inability to use her legs, and her lack of vocabulary. Potentialy, when Him forced these images or exposed the evil of humanity to her, it could have caused brain damage that affected her ability to speak. Perhaps even motor functions as well.

Havoc751 wrote:However, if it was the biggest score of death's carrier, Megaville must have been fucking huge.

It wasn't the biggest score, just his busiest time (at most). I would say that it could be hard to drag a hero into death. Plus heroes from around the world gathered there. You just need a lot of them dying at the same time, other people in the city dying, probably splash damage as well.

Havoc751 wrote:Actually, no. I can think of a few ways they could fit into the story quite nicely.

There are and it would be interesting too. I wouldn't be surprised if the other puffs had children older then Mimi. Will we see them? Probably only in a fanfiction.

Mon-Kitsune wrote:That all actually works in favor of the assumption that Him destroyed the whole world, as opposed to just the city. The more devastation he caused, the more negative emotions there would be, and the stronger he would become. And since he IS evil he would do the rest of the world at some point regardless

The only issue I have with the world being destroy by Him, is that I would figure other supervillains be in the mix as well against him to stop it from happening. They want to rule the world, not destroy it. I would also think that Mandy would have stepped in and helped, along with Grim. Earth destroyed = no job for Grim. And Mandy wants the world for herself.

I don't think Him would try to take that long either and the city of heroes is in his way. I think he just wanted Mimi.
Stufflikehearts - He is a Sith Lord. I love Blood Lord :3
Jeffffey - Blood, you look at the information someone says, look over what really happened, and reply in a way that makes them realize what they were really thinking.
Light10s - Blood Lord! Your avatars are becoming more epic. You make me feel like getting on all fours and submitting my loyalty and obedience to you.
Fievel - Numerous campaigns and conquests, countless bodies decaying after the abandonment of victorious battlefields. Such is the life of Blood Lord.
Dusk_Imp - Blood Lord is like a celebrity here. Everything he does is pure awesome. ALL HAIL BLOOD LORD
Doctress Who - Why couldn't there be a Blood Lord in every forum? It would make life so much easier.
Semper Vigilans
Moderator

User avatar
offline
 
Posts: 18841
Joined: Thu Sep 25, 2008 5:21 pm
Gender: None specified

Re: New Grim Tales - 1/7/13 - Party of 3

Postby Mon-Kitsune » Sun Jan 13, 2013 1:06 am

Blood Lord wrote:
Mon-Kitsune wrote:That all actually works in favor of the assumption that Him destroyed the whole world, as opposed to just the city. The more devastation he caused, the more negative emotions there would be, and the stronger he would become. And since he IS evil he would do the rest of the world at some point regardless

The only issue I have with the world being destroy by Him, is that I would figure other supervillains be in the mix as well against him to stop it from happening. They want to rule the world, not destroy it. I would also think that Mandy would have stepped in and helped, along with Grim. Earth destroyed = no job for Grim. And Mandy wants the world for herself.

I don't think Him would try to take that long either and the city of heroes is in his way. I think he just wanted Mimi.


Oh now I see where the disjoint is in this argument; you and I have been working from different defintions of what a "destroyed" world would be. I agree that Him would not simply obliterate the entire outside world, if nothing else It would actually be counterproductive (if he does get his power from people's negative emotions, then simply killing everyone off makes no sense, no people=no emotions to use (unless he has some method of playing the same trick with the souls of the dead). My idea of a "destroyed" world is not one devoid of life (though I still maintain that a post him attack world is likey not one where fresh lobster and vegetables are readily available for parties) but one devoid of hope. Not a world where everyone outside the city has been killed by Him but one where everyone has been broken by him; where pain and despair are literally all there is and all there ever can be; in other words, Hell on Earth. That world does not in fact obviate the goals of either villians or of Grim. Villians would have free reign to do as they please, so long as their desires did not interfere with Him's overriding plans. The only Villians who might have problems are those who genuinely want power for the betterment of the human race (betterment as they see it) like Mojo (based on how he originally behaved when he became Mayor) Those villians likey would come over to the Heroes side, but they are not exactly the majority. Grim would still have his employment, since people would still be around to die. In fact, it might be heavier work for him, as the suicide rate would likey go up (or maybe not, a truly broken person might actually not commit suicide, you need hope to do that (i.e. the hope that death will either end your suffering, allow you to go somewhere else that is better than where you are, or make the world a better place by your leaving). Whether Mandy would intervene is iffy; it sort of depends on exactly why she wants to rule the world. Megaville would be a thorn in Hims side simply because it's heroes would give the world a measure of hope; by razing the city to the ground he makes a powerful symbol of not only his own might, but the Triumph of Despair and Evil over all. The last bright light in the world is extinguised, humanity's last hope is gone.
"For I have heard the Song of War, and to me, it sounds just like "Please, Mister Custer.""

Cogito Ergot Sum, "I think there is something wrong with this rye bread." (Aplogies to Seafrol.)
User avatar
offline
 
Posts: 1361
Joined: Sat Aug 23, 2008 4:59 am
Location: The Kingdom of the Tall Trees
Gender: None specified

Re: New Grim Tales - 1/7/13 - Party of 3

Postby Birdofterror » Sun Jan 13, 2013 4:43 am

Blood Lord wrote:There are and it would be interesting too. I wouldn't be surprised if the other puffs had children older then Mimi. Will we see them? Probably only in a fanfiction.

   *Cough*   

But that really is interesting. The possibility is surely not lost in translation- they could exist... but I think due to the lack of publicity that there aren't any. I think such a cash-in would be too tempting to ignore for so long, you know?
"It's such a fine line between clever and stupid."

The Chronometal Wars, a fan-fiction taking place in the PPGD Universe. Catastrophe is the only certainty.
Bird oft Error
User avatar
offline
 
Posts: 1932
Joined: Thu Nov 05, 2009 8:05 am
Location: You see where I am.
Gender: Male

Previous

Return to Bleed Forum (Comics and Animation)

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot] and 4 guests