New Grim Tales Comic: "Whispers of the things to come..."

Discuss new comics, posts, and news directly from the Snafu-Comics main page!

Moderator: Mod Squad

Postby SnafuBot » Mon Dec 31, 2012 2:17 am

Go check out the new Grim Tales comic!

offline
 
Posts: 0
Joined: Thu Oct 16, 2008 1:32 am
Gender: None specified

Re: New Grim Tales Comic:

Postby Crazyalien257 » Mon Dec 31, 2012 5:07 am

Oh god. I'm starting to think that Dexter IS the one who betrayed the heroes.

I wonder, what 'sessions' is Jeff helping Mimi with? Halting the decay of her mental capabilities as a result of the Angel machine?

Also, this is the first time we see Dexter's whole body. Interesting that he did not seem to modify his legs as much as his arms. He seems to have cybernetic eyes as well (they look eviiiillll).

So Dexter & the other heroes are fully aware of Mimi's identity too. Curious how they found out. Surely nobody except Blossom herself & HIM would know at first.
offline
 
Posts: 6
Joined: Tue Dec 25, 2012 3:28 am
Gender: None specified

Re: New Grim Tales Comic:

Postby CallMeD. » Mon Dec 31, 2012 8:27 am

Simply because his eyes look evil, is no indication that he is a villan. It is not uncommon for heroic individuals to take on a darker image or frightful apperance in their battles against evil or the pursuit of justice. In truth, I have the feeling that the traitor will most likely turn out to be the one person you least suspected in the end. And it doesn't necessarily have to be a hero turned bad. A simple misguided gesture, or unitentional mistake can be disastrous if made by someone of significance. Like a guard that abandons their post for selfish reasons, or a soldier prone to sleeping on the job; at times it is weaknesses such as these that can be the undoing of any stronghold. Regardless, I don't think it will be much longer before we find out the identity of the traitor at this point. If this is Mimi's last birthday party they celebrate before the end, I imagine it will be quite the event to see.
User avatar
offline
 
Posts: 45
Joined: Wed Dec 12, 2012 3:53 am
Location: The Planet Earth
Gender: Male

Re: New Grim Tales Comic:

Postby Birdofterror » Mon Dec 31, 2012 9:19 am

The more I wonder about this machine, the more it starts to make sense, but raise more questions.

I have a feeling that the side-effects to Mimi are intentional. To keep her power from boiling over and causing havoc to everyone and everything. Dexter is a being of pure logic right now, betrayal by him seems impossible, so if anything the Traitor would probably be Jeff now that I think about it- in another misguided attempt to help Mimi.

But I still don't know what his deal with her is. I don't know why he cares so much. He ends up dying for this girl.
"It's such a fine line between clever and stupid."

The Chronometal Wars, a fan-fiction taking place in the PPGD Universe. Catastrophe is the only certainty.
Bird oft Error
User avatar
offline
 
Posts: 1965
Joined: Thu Nov 05, 2009 8:05 am
Location: You see where I am.
Gender: Male

Re: New Grim Tales Comic:

Postby silvercover » Mon Dec 31, 2012 10:16 am

I also doubt its dexter, even if I did suggest him in the previous thread. from the looks of things, dexter might not even be human anymore, this one could possibly be an android copy of himself.
offline
 
Posts: 305
Joined: Fri Nov 18, 2011 8:38 am
Gender: None specified

Re: New Grim Tales Comic:

Postby shadownerd221 » Mon Dec 31, 2012 12:14 pm

The General does have a point. Mimi is not safe within the machine. At one point it will malfunction and must be repaired. Then by the near end Him will capture Mimi and will result in the heroes death. Whoever the traitor was, is going to tamper the machine which results in said events to Him capturing Mimi.
User avatar
offline
 
Posts: 517
Joined: Wed Sep 21, 2011 4:50 pm
Location: Somewhere in Texas
Gender: Male

Re: New Grim Tales Comic:

Postby Brandun13 » Mon Dec 31, 2012 2:08 pm

i think Dexter looks freakin awesome with his knew look. i also think its interesting that Mimi's flashing back to a previous birthday she had before Him took her. cant wait too see whats next.
Image
Thirteen
User avatar
offline
 
Posts: 60
Joined: Wed Dec 12, 2012 9:16 pm
Location: ummmmm.... no.
Gender: Male

Re: New Grim Tales Comic:

Postby Blood Lord » Tue Jan 01, 2013 1:30 am

I wonder if this is the day that Him attacked.
Moderator

User avatar
offline
 
Posts: 18995
Joined: Thu Sep 25, 2008 5:21 pm
Location: Right behind you.
Gender: Male

Re: New Grim Tales Comic:

Postby Birdofterror » Tue Jan 01, 2013 3:40 am

Blood Lord wrote:I wonder if this is the day that Him attacked.

I was going to say something like that. If we see a present with a picture of Raven on it, it is very likely that she will see it, but not be able to open it.

Presumably due to the ensuing battle.

The question on my mind is... what is the contents of the Present? Is it the pendant that crosses her forehead? If so, doesn't that make the timing of the present a little... off?

Eh, questions questions.
"It's such a fine line between clever and stupid."

The Chronometal Wars, a fan-fiction taking place in the PPGD Universe. Catastrophe is the only certainty.
Bird oft Error
User avatar
offline
 
Posts: 1965
Joined: Thu Nov 05, 2009 8:05 am
Location: You see where I am.
Gender: Male

Re: New Grim Tales Comic:

Postby Brandun13 » Tue Jan 01, 2013 12:52 pm

Birdofterror wrote:
Blood Lord wrote:I wonder if this is the day that Him attacked.

I was going to say something like that. If we see a present with a picture of Raven on it, it is very likely that she will see it, but not be able to open it.

Presumably due to the ensuing battle.

The question on my mind is... what is the contents of the Present? Is it the pendant that crosses her forehead? If so, doesn't that make the timing of the present a little... off?

Eh, questions questions.

the present isn't what started the flashback. its the picture of raven on it that ignited it. this flashback, then must have something to do with raven.
Image
Thirteen
User avatar
offline
 
Posts: 60
Joined: Wed Dec 12, 2012 9:16 pm
Location: ummmmm.... no.
Gender: Male

Re: New Grim Tales Comic:

Postby Blood Lord » Wed Jan 02, 2013 2:49 am

Present. Picture. Doesn't matter. They are both connected, and these two days also seem to be connected as well.

Yes bird, it is the thing for the forehead.
Moderator

User avatar
offline
 
Posts: 18995
Joined: Thu Sep 25, 2008 5:21 pm
Location: Right behind you.
Gender: Male

Re: New Grim Tales Comic:

Postby Xi-1 » Wed Jan 02, 2013 8:48 pm

Dexter replaced his eyes with cybernetic ones. This means the only reason he would continue to wear glasses is to avoid freaking people out (okay, it may also partially be out of habit). The inverted-colour reminds me of HollowIchigo, and perhaps that's the sort of feel they were going for.

General Specific just gave Dexter a big heads-up, but I doubt Dexter would not expect a periodic non-meta attack on the Nephilim and Mimi. He's prepared. As to the repairing and maintenance of the Nephilim, I believe he would be able to do all of them without powering it down -- otherwise he could not continue to guarantee Mimi's safety against telepathic attacks all the time, which he has.

It would seem, however, that Mimi is allowed to attend her own birthday party. Possibly it will happen right there, so she doesn't have to disconnect from the Nephilim. And what happens during the party will probably be similar to what happens to the one that we left before. Or at least Raven will be there.

What are the odds this happens before what we saw before, with the devastation of Megaville? I think it is, although only partly because Mimi's wheelchair is not within easy sight.
A Page Flipper
User avatar
offline
 
Posts: 482
Joined: Tue Jan 11, 2011 3:45 pm
Gender: Male

Re: New Grim Tales Comic:

Postby konata50 » Thu Jan 03, 2013 1:35 am

i wonder if the "traitor" might be Jeff somehow maybe its the type of traitor that does not intentionally betray people
The Kona-Squad's sign of approval..
Image
User avatar
offline
 
Posts: 259
Joined: Fri Jul 22, 2011 1:01 am
Gender: None specified

Re: New Grim Tales Comic:

Postby Blood Lord » Fri Jan 04, 2013 12:03 pm

That'd be the only way that Jeff could betray someone. Even then I don't think they would be considered a traitor by being tricked.
Moderator

User avatar
offline
 
Posts: 18995
Joined: Thu Sep 25, 2008 5:21 pm
Location: Right behind you.
Gender: Male

Re: New Grim Tales Comic:

Postby KaijuKing » Sat Jan 05, 2013 10:41 am

My guess on Dexter's appearance is perhaps he got into a near death incident & he replaced is parts with tech. If so, maybe he was so close to dying, that HIM may have made a deal Blossom that Dex can be saved if Blossom bares HIM a child. Thats my guess anyways.
offline
 
Posts: 3
Joined: Sat Jan 05, 2013 10:09 am
Gender: None specified

Re: New Grim Tales Comic:

Postby Sindycate » Sat Jan 05, 2013 2:30 pm

Can Someone Tell Me When Chapter 7 Is Going To Be Ready ?[color=#BF0040][/color]
offline
 
Posts: 1
Joined: Sat Jan 05, 2013 12:55 pm
Gender: None specified

Re: New Grim Tales Comic:

Postby Archrival » Sat Jan 05, 2013 3:33 pm

Nobody has any clue, on even if you failed please refrain from coloured text.
Image
SUPPPAAAHHH
User avatar
offline
 
Posts: 11761
Joined: Fri Apr 21, 2006 1:57 pm
Location: On the stage of life.
Gender: Male

Re: New Grim Tales Comic:

Postby Brandun13 » Sat Jan 05, 2013 5:00 pm

Archrival wrote:Nobody has any clue, on even if you failed please refrain from coloured text.

we can add as much color as we want arch. no where in the rules does it say we cant
Image
Thirteen
User avatar
offline
 
Posts: 60
Joined: Wed Dec 12, 2012 9:16 pm
Location: ummmmm.... no.
Gender: Male

Re: New Grim Tales Comic:

Postby Archrival » Sat Jan 05, 2013 5:07 pm

Brandun13 wrote:
Archrival wrote:Nobody has any clue, on even if you failed please refrain from coloured text.

we can add as much color as we want arch. no where in the rules does it say we cant

No it doesn't but it's a pain in the arse and you'll find mods will tell you the same so pack it in, the only place I know of toleration towards it is RP where they allow speech of a character to be in colour and certainly not the eyesore of a mess you present before me.
Image
SUPPPAAAHHH
User avatar
offline
 
Posts: 11761
Joined: Fri Apr 21, 2006 1:57 pm
Location: On the stage of life.
Gender: Male

Re: New Grim Tales Comic:

Postby Tuor » Sat Jan 05, 2013 5:20 pm

Yoshi's Post in the Global Rules Thread wrote:Part 4: Rule 3
Your text burns my eyes.
There's a reason the default text colour is so plain and boring, and it's because it is easy to read. That's it. We like to read things without straining our eyes, and feeling like they were just injected with acid.

Using a different colour (Often red, yellow, blue or pink) doesn't make you look special, or unique. It just makes you look like an attention whoring jackarse that's out to piss us off. Every time I see you post in an alternate colour I skip that post. You could be saying the wittiest thing in the world, but no-one cares, because you've gone out of your way to do something that annoys people.

No-one likes attention-whores, no-one cares how special you are, just leave the default colour, damn it.


Sorry, Brandun, you're wrong. Granted, Sindycate's colour wasn't that offensive. However, Archrival as a Gold Member was trying to give helpful advice to a new person, as he should, so you jumping in prematurely to contradict him isn't helpful.
"Suddenly Frodo noticed that a strange-looking weather-beaten man, sitting in the shadows near the wall, was also listening intently to the hobbit-talk. He had a tall tankard in front of him, and was smoking a long-stemmed pipe curiously carved. His legs were stretched out before him, showing high boots of supple leather that fitted him well, but had seen much wear and were now caked with mud. A travel-stained cloak of heavy dark-green cloth was drawn close about him, and in spite of the heat of the room he wore a hood that overshadowed his face; but the gleam of his eyes could be seen as he watched the hobbits."
Rest Easy Ethan
Moderator

User avatar
offline
 
Posts: 18433
Joined: Sun Mar 27, 2005 2:22 am
Gender: Male

Re: New Grim Tales Comic:

Postby Brandun13 » Sat Jan 05, 2013 5:47 pm

Tuor wrote:
Yoshi's Post in the Global Rules Thread wrote:Part 4: Rule 3
Your text burns my eyes.
There's a reason the default text colour is so plain and boring, and it's because it is easy to read. That's it. We like to read things without straining our eyes, and feeling like they were just injected with acid.

Using a different colour (Often red, yellow, blue or pink) doesn't make you look special, or unique. It just makes you look like an attention whoring jackarse that's out to piss us off. Every time I see you post in an alternate colour I skip that post. You could be saying the wittiest thing in the world, but no-one cares, because you've gone out of your way to do something that annoys people.

No-one likes attention-whores, no-one cares how special you are, just leave the default colour, damn it.


Sorry, Brandun, you're wrong. Granted, Sindycate's colour wasn't that offensive. However, Archrival as a Gold Member was trying to give helpful advice to a new person, as he should, so you jumping in prematurely to contradict him isn't helpful.

Ok i see that now. i do apologize to archrival. i just went back over the rules and i see that i was wrong. i'm sorry, you were just trying to help. and thanks tuor for pointing that out for me.
Image
Thirteen
User avatar
offline
 
Posts: 60
Joined: Wed Dec 12, 2012 9:16 pm
Location: ummmmm.... no.
Gender: Male

Re: New Grim Tales Comic:

Postby Tuor » Sat Jan 05, 2013 5:50 pm

No problem, man
"Suddenly Frodo noticed that a strange-looking weather-beaten man, sitting in the shadows near the wall, was also listening intently to the hobbit-talk. He had a tall tankard in front of him, and was smoking a long-stemmed pipe curiously carved. His legs were stretched out before him, showing high boots of supple leather that fitted him well, but had seen much wear and were now caked with mud. A travel-stained cloak of heavy dark-green cloth was drawn close about him, and in spite of the heat of the room he wore a hood that overshadowed his face; but the gleam of his eyes could be seen as he watched the hobbits."
Rest Easy Ethan
Moderator

User avatar
offline
 
Posts: 18433
Joined: Sun Mar 27, 2005 2:22 am
Gender: Male

Re: New Grim Tales Comic:

Postby soul390 » Sun Jan 13, 2013 4:56 pm

Hi Everyone! CallMeD....no offense but that comment was :eek: to me....my soul is training to control freaking out comments like that.I'm ok now because it just scary how right you are about that kind of thing happening. Hmm....my :unsure: about blossom attacking Mimi and Dexter is still here...it has gone a little bit because of the current comments on the page but still here.By the way, Jeff's aura to protect Mimi stems from the "abuse" he got from his "dad" Billy eariler in the beginning of Grim Tales via the pic.He just feels that Mimi shouldn't have to abused by anyone like he was in TGAOBAM. The memory....of Raven is a sign of hope's last happiness and Hell's 1st awakening :twisted: huh?Or for the lighthearted(myself included) it is a pun of irony put together as a serious Epic weakness for the Hero.... >:( fuuuuuu..... i just say it.Tactical facepalm!My RP mode is activated....Mimi is a cousin to me and my brothers.Why you say(if you asking) and Bleedman please don't kill me :'( but it is because of blossom and HIM am her cousin.That's it please PM me if you are confused. Bye!
SJF FJSOC team
offline
 
Posts: 5
Joined: Sun Jan 13, 2013 3:04 pm
Location: Lafayette,LA(Neo-LAf)
Gender: Male

Re: New Grim Tales Comic:

Postby Blood Lord » Sun Jan 13, 2013 5:38 pm

I am confused. But please stay in the current page threads and do not post in the old ones. It "bumbs" the thread to the top and confusion happens.
Moderator

User avatar
offline
 
Posts: 18995
Joined: Thu Sep 25, 2008 5:21 pm
Location: Right behind you.
Gender: Male


Return to Comic Updates and News!

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests