New Grim Tales - 12/31/12 - Whispers of the things to come..

The forum for Bleedman fans! Feel free to discuss other comics and cartoons, as well.

Moderator: Mod Squad

New Grim Tales - 12/31/12 - Whispers of the things to come..

Postby Numa430 » Mon Dec 31, 2012 11:59 am

Looks like Dexter is a full cyborg afterall.
Under the bed

Re: New Grim Tales - 12/31/12 - Whispers of the things to come..

Postby punzil504 » Mon Dec 31, 2012 1:00 pm

Dexter dismisses the General's "daddy" comment (and the General himself), and then Jeff shows up?

Lends credibility to the argument that Dex is the one who turned traitor. Or maybe they all did in their own way.
Still preoccupied with 1985

Postby Biostar » Mon Dec 31, 2012 2:38 pm

Thought the general was being malicious last page. He's just being savvy. That expression didn't help though.

Postby PP-Grim1013 » Mon Dec 31, 2012 3:04 pm

I'm wondering if the necklace reminded her of something SPECIFIC from the birthday party we are about to see... or if it just reminded her of her last happy birthday period...
Of course, this could also be the prequel to what we've already seen? Maybe that day when HIM came to steal her away... it was this birthday?
*Castella Sky*
"Courage is the Magic that turns Dreams into Reality"
Nintendo 3DS Friend Code: 2406 5651 2352 - Tatsukiāœ©[/color]

Postby Mon-Kitsune » Mon Dec 31, 2012 6:53 pm

I was right, robot eyes
"For I have heard the Song of War, and to me, it sounds just like "Please, Mister Custer.""

Cogito Ergot Sum, "I think there is something wrong with this rye bread." (Aplogies to Seafrol.)

Postby MQuinny1234 » Mon Dec 31, 2012 7:07 pm

Bloody creepy.
Image=
-"I'm sophisticated, charming, suave, and debonair, Professor. But I have never claimed to be civilized."
Reluctant Nailbiter

Postby Blasphemy » Mon Dec 31, 2012 9:06 pm

Man, those eyes give me the heebie jeebies!

punzil504 wrote:Or maybe they all did in their own way.

It would be interesting if that were really the case.
"To doubt everything or to believe everything are two equally convenient solutions; both dispense with the necessity of reflection."
-Henri Poincare

Tumblrs: Personal|Pokemon X Adventure Challenge|Pokemon Y Adventure Challenge
Maid of Nope

Postby Blood Lord » Tue Jan 01, 2013 12:13 am

Ehh. Dexter might be fully robotic then... I'm thinking of the Terminator movies right now. Not that he is a Terminator, but that he could be a lot like Marcus Wright in terms of construction.
Stufflikehearts - He is a Sith Lord. I love Blood Lord :3
Jeffffey - Blood, you look at the information someone says, look over what really happened, and reply in a way that makes them realize what they were really thinking.
Light10s - Blood Lord! Your avatars are becoming more epic. You make me feel like getting on all fours and submitting my loyalty and obedience to you.
Fievel - Numerous campaigns and conquests, countless bodies decaying after the abandonment of victorious battlefields. Such is the life of Blood Lord.
Dusk_Imp - Blood Lord is like a celebrity here. Everything he does is pure awesome. ALL HAIL BLOOD LORD
Doctress Who - Why couldn't there be a Blood Lord in every forum? It would make life so much easier.
Semper Vigilans

Postby Havoc » Tue Jan 01, 2013 1:06 am

So his eyes are bionic too. I don't know why I didn't see that coming.
Also, does anyone else get the feeling that Dexter's missing the lower half of his face?
User No. 24602
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby achthenuts » Tue Jan 01, 2013 2:49 am

No wonder the bubble chat is abnormal.
I heard you don't accept god
I don't accept fandom/shipping/mary-sue
This is not EVERY users.

Postby PP-Grim1013 » Tue Jan 01, 2013 2:03 pm

achthenuts wrote:No wonder the bubble chat is abnormal.

... Is it sad that the abnormality of the text bubbles didn't even occur to me until this ^ comment? TTwTT

In regards to the thought that perhaps they ALL became traitors in their own way... is it possible we'll end up going into a whole mess of heroes being deceived into killing each other by accident? ... I forget what exactly HIM is capable of..

EDIT: On another note, it seems that even though they know who the father is, Dexter doesn't seem to put in much about it. So... mutual understanding among heroes that Blossom had a good reason?
*Castella Sky*
"Courage is the Magic that turns Dreams into Reality"
Nintendo 3DS Friend Code: 2406 5651 2352 - Tatsukiāœ©[/color]

Postby Mon-Kitsune » Tue Jan 01, 2013 4:13 pm

Blood Lord wrote:Ehh. Dexter might be fully robotic then... I'm thinking of the Terminator movies right now. Not that he is a Terminator, but that he could be a lot like Marcus Wright in terms of construction.

Possibly. Though I will point out that Dexter's appearance sort of argues against that. Given the way Dexter thinks if he was fully roboticized, I don't think he would have kept the skin and hair on his head (yes Marcuse had human skin and hair, but he was built as an infiltration unit, so he had to pass as "nomal"human). Dexter can't (the robot arms are a bit of a giveaway. I also seem to think that if dexter was truly Roboticized he wouldn have that tube going into his neck, which I assume is probably some sort of replacement/supplementary trachea) the fact it is external seems to suggest the latter, and that Dexter still has an organic one inside of him. His arms are fully mechanical (probably, there could be bones inside of all the metal) and his legs probably are as well (though, given how bulky his arm model is, maybe not, as his legs look normal) But most of his torso is probably still flesh.
"For I have heard the Song of War, and to me, it sounds just like "Please, Mister Custer.""

Cogito Ergot Sum, "I think there is something wrong with this rye bread." (Aplogies to Seafrol.)

Postby Wallow Blacklake » Wed Jan 02, 2013 11:26 am

Mon-Kitsune wrote:His arms are fully mechanical (probably, there could be bones inside of all the metal) and his legs probably are as well (though, given how bulky his arm model is, maybe not, as his legs look normal) But most of his torso is probably still flesh.

I would argue against this because the arms and breathing machine he is carrying around with him seems far too heavy for a normal human structure to bear for long periods of time.
He could have inhanced what human parts he had left (leg and back muscles) biologically and reinforced his bones (much like Wolverine from the X-Men).
Or he could have replaced/encased his legs and spine to support the top load (think Iron Man here).

I believe that Dexter at least has a Human/Semi-human brain.
He showed signs of extreme emotional discomfert when the General brought up Mimi's father.
"What's the point in caring when all it brings is pain?"
Stan Marsh, South Park.

My account. Please check it out: http://wallowblacklake.deviantart.com/

Postby Blood Lord » Wed Jan 02, 2013 11:49 am

He could have preserved his emotions, memory, and personality.
Stufflikehearts - He is a Sith Lord. I love Blood Lord :3
Jeffffey - Blood, you look at the information someone says, look over what really happened, and reply in a way that makes them realize what they were really thinking.
Light10s - Blood Lord! Your avatars are becoming more epic. You make me feel like getting on all fours and submitting my loyalty and obedience to you.
Fievel - Numerous campaigns and conquests, countless bodies decaying after the abandonment of victorious battlefields. Such is the life of Blood Lord.
Dusk_Imp - Blood Lord is like a celebrity here. Everything he does is pure awesome. ALL HAIL BLOOD LORD
Doctress Who - Why couldn't there be a Blood Lord in every forum? It would make life so much easier.
Semper Vigilans

Postby MQuinny1234 » Wed Jan 02, 2013 2:46 pm

I doubt he'd have meddled with his own brain too much. Dangerous area.
Image=
-"I'm sophisticated, charming, suave, and debonair, Professor. But I have never claimed to be civilized."
Reluctant Nailbiter

Postby Mon-Kitsune » Wed Jan 02, 2013 4:18 pm

Wallow Blacklake wrote:
Mon-Kitsune wrote:His arms are fully mechanical (probably, there could be bones inside of all the metal) and his legs probably are as well (though, given how bulky his arm model is, maybe not, as his legs look normal) But most of his torso is probably still flesh.

I would argue against this because the arms and breathing machine he is carrying around with him seems far too heavy for a normal human structure to bear for long periods of time.
He could have inhanced what human parts he had left (leg and back muscles) biologically and reinforced his bones (much like Wolverine from the X-Men).
Or he could have replaced/encased his legs and spine to support the top load (think Iron Man here).

He showed signs of extreme emotional discomfert when the General brought up Mimi's father.

I suppose that logical (assuming the bit you are disputing is that his torso is still mostly flesh, not that his arms might still contain bones under the metal. Though the body parts may not be as heavy as they look. If you assume they are mostly steel then yes, he'd need reinforcement of the spine and legs to bear the weight. But the arms might not actually be steel. We assume steel because they are supposed to be super strong. But waht if they are mostly titanium alloy , which is stronger and lighter than steel (just also a lot more expensive). Or even beryllium (even stronger and even lighter, but again even more expensive). Depending on when he did the upgrades, and under whose authority, he may not have had to pay for raw materials, and could afford high ticket.
As for the brain, thats hard to say. In our real life world they are already working on a device to be implanted into the brain and record all of the electrical impulses (and thefore, it is hoped, one's thoughts) for the benefit of Alzheimers patients (some wag named it the "soulcatcher" project) Assuming that Dexter's level of mechanical genius is beyond that of our real world (and it seems to be) he may have perfected something similar, and be running off that (keeping his real brain somewhere safe and out of harms way)

Postby MQuinny1234 » Wed Jan 02, 2013 5:19 pm

...Anyone ever get worried about the rate of acceleration of our technology?
Image=
Reluctant Nailbiter

Postby Mir@k » Wed Jan 02, 2013 5:20 pm

No. Because it's not something inside our control. Why worry over things you can do nothing about?
24 Karat
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby MQuinny1234 » Wed Jan 02, 2013 5:34 pm

...It's not really a choice. If someone is holding a gun at me, or a meteor is heading towards the planet, and is going to hit us in a close time-frame, I'm going to be worried.
Image=
Reluctant Nailbiter

Postby Mir@k » Wed Jan 02, 2013 5:45 pm

None of those things are happening at the time of you writing that post, so why worry?
Hakuna matata. No sarcasm there. Psychosis will downgrade your lifespan.
24 Karat
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby MQuinny1234 » Wed Jan 02, 2013 6:07 pm

True enough. Cross bridges when you come to them and all that.

Back to context. How robotomised would Dexter be. I'd say we could reasonably guess he still has his original brain in there. Otherwise there'd be loads of Dexter robot clones running about. Assuming Dexter hadn't found a way around that whole, clones going batshit crazy and everything.
Image=
Reluctant Nailbiter

Postby Bandit » Wed Jan 02, 2013 10:45 pm

Mon-Kitsune wrote:
Wallow Blacklake wrote:

I suppose that logical (assuming the bit you are disputing is that his torso is still mostly flesh, not that his arms might still contain bones under the metal. Though the body parts may not be as heavy as they look. If you assume they are mostly steel then yes, he'd need reinforcement of the spine and legs to bear the weight. But the arms might not actually be steel. We assume steel because they are supposed to be super strong. But waht if they are mostly titanium alloy , which is stronger and lighter than steel (just also a lot more expensive). Or even beryllium (even stronger and even lighter, but again even more expensive). Depending on when he did the upgrades, and under whose authority, he may not have had to pay for raw materials, and could afford high ticket.
As for the brain, thats hard to say. In our real life world they are already working on a device to be implanted into the brain and record all of the electrical impulses (and thefore, it is hoped, one's thoughts) for the benefit of Alzheimers patients (some wag named it the "soulcatcher" project) Assuming that Dexter's level of mechanical genius is beyond that of our real world (and it seems to be) he may have perfected something similar, and be running off that (keeping his real brain somewhere safe and out of harms way)

Assume nothing, at least until we get more data.

Postby NoHandlebarsAttached » Fri Jan 04, 2013 9:21 pm

Blasphemy wrote:Man, those eyes give me the heebie jeebies!

I think they're sexy.
Gib mir BENZIN!
Atheist Absol

Return to Bleed Forum (Comics and Animation)