Xiaolin Showdown return!

The forum for Bleedman fans! Feel free to discuss other comics and cartoons, as well.

Moderator: Mod Squad

Xiaolin Showdown return!

Postby Grieffon » Sat Apr 21, 2012 9:50 am

I don't know how much you guys like Xiaolin Showdown, but it once was my favorite, so here goes:

In spring 2013, Xiaolin Chronicles begins...

Re: Xiaolin Showdown return!

Postby Dibullba » Sat Apr 21, 2012 12:56 pm

Already knew this actually. On Tara Strongs Wikipedia page under Television (Animated), you will see that in 2013 a new show will be coming named Xiaolin Chronicles. That has been their for about three weeks now if I am not mistaken.

Postby Snickers » Sat Apr 21, 2012 3:57 pm

WHAT IS THIS I DON'T EVEN--

-DEAD-

One of my favorite shows is coming back?! <333

Now if CN can just bring back Teen Titans...

Postby Dibullba » Sat Apr 21, 2012 4:09 pm

Snickers wrote:Now if CN can just bring back Teen Titans...

That will not happen unless CN is looking to do some sell out sort of thing. The creator himself said that the last episode was intentionally the way it was. Terra became an allegory for the fans to say it has been a great run, but time to move on.

Postby Snickers » Sat Apr 21, 2012 4:14 pm

I see... That's kinda depressing, but I understand.

Oh well. It WAS a good run though.

Postby Biostar » Sat Apr 21, 2012 4:15 pm

Still wish I knew what the heck went on in that episode.

But yeah Xiaolin Showdown was one of my faves! Can't wait to see what they do with it.

Postby Innocence Abandoned » Sat Apr 21, 2012 4:20 pm

I feel like I'm the only person who seriously disliked this show when it aired. Even back then it seemed gimmicky and generally flat with its storyline, and time passing hasn't really improved my perspective on it. Consequently, I'm not very excited for a sequel although I should probably be fair and at least watch the first episode before judging it harshly.

Postby Grieffon » Sat Apr 21, 2012 4:34 pm

Innocence Abandoned wrote:I feel like I'm the only person who seriously disliked this show when it aired. Even back then it seemed gimmicky and generally flat with its storyline, and time passing hasn't really improved my perspective on it. Consequently, I'm not very excited for a sequel although I should probably be fair and at least watch the first episode before judging it harshly.

Xiaolin showdown is not something that I would call "good", but rather "fun" or "entertaining". It's the type that rely more on actions and humor than good story and character development.

Postby Blasphemy » Sun Apr 22, 2012 3:34 am

Oooo, Xiaolin Showdown is returning?! /jumps for joy

I missed this show a lot and quite enjoyed it. The fact that it was heavily based on martial arts is a large part of the reason why I liked it so much.

As for Teen Titans, as much as I would like to see it return if it was meant to end that was, then so so be it. I loved it while it lasted. I near hated the last episode though.
"To doubt everything or to believe everything are two equally convenient solutions; both dispense with the necessity of reflection."
-Henri Poincare

Tumblrs: Personal|Pokemon X Adventure Challenge|Pokemon Y Adventure Challenge
Maid of Nope

Postby Fievel » Sun Apr 22, 2012 3:44 am

I liked the show, and I'll be glad to see new episodes of it. I'll probably miss them from sleeping too long, or not paying attention to time, or something, as I tend to do, but either way, there are always reruns.

It's kinda funny. Me and some friends were talking about Xiaolin Showdown a few days ago, and now this.
Offended.
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Dibullba » Sun Apr 22, 2012 6:05 am

Blasphemy wrote:As for Teen Titans, as much as I would like to see it return if it was meant to end that was, then so so be it. I loved it while it lasted. I near hated the last episode though.

Definitely was a huge mixed reaction from the fans. Majority seemed to hate it, but I am one of those people who can appreciate that episode as it seemed more of a closure rather than the high note from the previous ep that they could have left on. How many cartoons can you say go to the length of creating an episode with only the fans in mind and not some marketing gimmick nor story driven plot.

Postby MQuinny1234 » Sun Apr 22, 2012 10:28 am

I enjoyed the earlier seasons but...Then, it turned out that the episodes started focusing on Raimundo and I was just "No."
Image=
-"I'm sophisticated, charming, suave, and debonair, Professor. But I have never claimed to be civilized."
Reluctant Nailbiter

Postby goggy » Sun Apr 22, 2012 12:40 pm

I enjoyed it for a while but there came a point when I just gave up and lost interest. The show seemed to depend a lot on humour and memorable characters.

idk I'll probably give it a chance. I've seen a clip of it but they've lost some of the original voice actors. Also it looks like there might be some CGI showdowns.
Nacho Queen

Postby Clarissa63 » Sun Apr 22, 2012 9:42 pm

Last edited by Warbear on Sun Apr 22, 2012 9:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: bot

Postby Birdofterror » Fri Apr 27, 2012 8:41 am

goggy wrote:Also it looks like there might be some CGI showdowns.
That's not so bad, Code Lyoko pulled it off spectacularly. It's just a matter of trying.

For the whole voice actors thing, Futurama lost like Half of theirs and they still went on the new Comedy Central seasons with flying colors.

I really liked X-L-S because it seemed like it filled a niche that hasn't been filled since, well... honestly? The old Yu-Gi-Oh shows that came on CTN. Hyper crazy kids fighting with crazy ass shit, but within a closed and controlled environment. Or the 'showdown.' Funny story, I don't know how to play the game in the slightest, but it was easily one of my favorite shows.

All new kids shows to come out are always hit and miss to me, 60% miss, 30% hit and 10% meh. X-L-S was one of the hits, easy. It will be a welcome show, as long as they don't shit the bed of course.
"It's such a fine line between clever and stupid."

The Chronometal Wars, a fan-fiction taking place in the PPGD Universe. Catastrophe is the only certainty.
Bird oft Error

Postby Blasphemy » Sat Apr 28, 2012 2:24 am

I generally agree with BOT here. I just liked that it was a nice action cartoon that pretty silly. The character were enjoyable as well!

I can't speak for the new seasons though as I haven't many episodes in them, but I did like the whole Wuya-Chase partnership, even though I don't think it lasted. Do correct me if I'm wrong there because I don't remember very much of the few newer episodes I saw.
"To doubt everything or to believe everything are two equally convenient solutions; both dispense with the necessity of reflection."
-Henri Poincare

Tumblrs: Personal|Pokemon X Adventure Challenge|Pokemon Y Adventure Challenge
Maid of Nope

Postby Biostar » Sun Dec 30, 2012 4:26 pm

Say hello to the new Xiaolin warrior, the element of wood, Ping Pong!

...he's the one with the glasses...

Here's a preview of the show, with the new 3d showdowns.

Don't worry about Jack Spicer (yet). Tara is only acting as a placeholder until a VA is auditioned.
Last edited by Biostar on Mon Aug 26, 2013 10:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Postby Grieffon » Sun Dec 30, 2012 5:25 pm

... 3D showdowns? Tron suit? New art style for all but Omi? WHY?

Postby Saint Soul » Sun Dec 30, 2012 6:06 pm

I knew this for two or three years now.
"Small muscles, big brain, the heart of a lion."
—Anthony DiNozzo on Timothy McGee
User formaly known as Soulchild

Postby Mir@k » Sun Dec 30, 2012 7:12 pm

God the design choice for ping pong is so lazy.
24 Karat
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Blood Lord » Sun Dec 30, 2012 10:20 pm

What Mir said. It'd be cool if it got a bit darker too.
Stufflikehearts - He is a Sith Lord. I love Blood Lord :3
Jeffffey - Blood, you look at the information someone says, look over what really happened, and reply in a way that makes them realize what they were really thinking.
Light10s - Blood Lord! Your avatars are becoming more epic. You make me feel like getting on all fours and submitting my loyalty and obedience to you.
Fievel - Numerous campaigns and conquests, countless bodies decaying after the abandonment of victorious battlefields. Such is the life of Blood Lord.
Dusk_Imp - Blood Lord is like a celebrity here. Everything he does is pure awesome. ALL HAIL BLOOD LORD
Doctress Who - Why couldn't there be a Blood Lord in every forum? It would make life so much easier.
Mercypostle

Postby Birdofterror » Mon Dec 31, 2012 6:51 am

Blood Lord wrote:It'd be cool if it got a bit darker too.

I really hope it doesn't get too far into the niche of dark children's cartoons however. Kind of defeats the purpose of it being a kid's show in the first place. If it is done like Adventure Time, where instead of it being a mainstay detail; they made it rather subtle to anyone who dedicates some token time to figuring out their situation. While the show is added with a pretty okay layer of depth for people above the target demographic, the main watchers (kids) will be completely oblivious to the dark implications until they grow up and figure it out on their own, adding a layer of complex nostalgia and appreciation that will more than likely be rarely seen to kids of this generation.

If Xiaolin Showdown 2, or whatever it wants to call itself gets some dark traits, they need to be subtle or risk losing their target audience. It's a tricky thing to mess with.
"It's such a fine line between clever and stupid."

The Chronometal Wars, a fan-fiction taking place in the PPGD Universe. Catastrophe is the only certainty.
Bird oft Error

Postby Grieffon » Mon Dec 31, 2012 5:36 pm

Xiaolin Chronicles will surface on April 8, 2013 (over 10 years since Xiaolin Showdown premiered on November 1, 2003), with a second season to begin production later that same year unto most of 2014, with a tentative release for 2014-2015.
The first season will consist of twenty-six 22-minute episodes. Each episode will contain 19-minutes of regular 2D animation, depicting the protagonists scouring for the Shen Gong Wu, with three minutes of 3D animation to detail the Xiaolin Showdown.

A third season has also been brought up with talks currently underway.

Since the production of Xiaolin Chronicle is carried out in Canada while the rights still belong to Warner Bros., the character designs and the Shen Gong Wu's names/designs will be changed due to copyright issues.

Postby Biostar » Mon Aug 26, 2013 11:03 pm

This just previewed today with 3 episodes. It's a pseudo-sequel. Everyone knows each other already but some things are changed like Wuya being a ghost again and Raimundo isn't the leader for no reason.

Ping Pong is about as interesting as you could expect. He's just a nicer, less of a show-off Omi with french words sprinkled here and there who is a slight kiss-up. The new voices are okay but I'll miss Cooksey's whiny Jack. They seemed to have turned Chase into a hammier villain especially with a random scene where right when he is doing an evil laugh, he suddenly flips his hair into the water in front of him, sleeks it back, and then continues to laugh. The CG showdowns seem off to me but are too short to care about.

All in all, it looks mediocre.

Postby Blood Lord » Mon Aug 26, 2013 11:20 pm

It aired already?
Stufflikehearts - He is a Sith Lord. I love Blood Lord :3
Jeffffey - Blood, you look at the information someone says, look over what really happened, and reply in a way that makes them realize what they were really thinking.
Light10s - Blood Lord! Your avatars are becoming more epic. You make me feel like getting on all fours and submitting my loyalty and obedience to you.
Fievel - Numerous campaigns and conquests, countless bodies decaying after the abandonment of victorious battlefields. Such is the life of Blood Lord.
Dusk_Imp - Blood Lord is like a celebrity here. Everything he does is pure awesome. ALL HAIL BLOOD LORD
Doctress Who - Why couldn't there be a Blood Lord in every forum? It would make life so much easier.
Mercypostle

Next

Return to Bleed Forum (Comics and Animation)