Suggestions for PpGD (1st: Read Master List in First Post)

The forum for Bleedman fans! Feel free to discuss other comics and cartoons, as well.

Moderator: Mod Squad

Re: Suggestions for PpGD (1st: Read Master List in First Post)

Postby The Mad Doctor » Wed Dec 26, 2012 5:56 pm

Blood, Clearly you don't know as much Halo as I do but you may have proved some clear points on things. Yes the Master Chief is not much of a mentor figure, so are the other spartans (except for Kurt). But you clearly have not read Fall of Reach. Master Chief was the team leader in his squad, and had losses in his 35-year campain against the Covenant. I like a soldier figure in a cast of characters, (and to be honest Samurai Jack was a little close in my opinion, to that but he doesn't seem fit) I think a SPARTAN-II fits the job.

You're right about the Didact not having a place as a villain, but the Covenant are a different story.

True, halo is roughly 550 years into the future, yes, but there are many possibilitys that can bring some characters back. For example, the slipspace technology has many imperfections, and most unpredictable when damaged or near certain Forerunner artifacts. Slipspace doesn't work like a portal, but more like a, bluntly, torn hole in space AND time. And Can cause anomalies, in time and space, like it did to the shipboard A.I. Melissa, who was brought back to our time on a website. And so to speak, an alternate way of having Chief, is a Forerunner artifact cause a time and space rupture of some sort, or the damaged slipspace drive on the Dawn activating. Hey, even a stray wormhole can bring Chief here.
PRAISE THE SUN BITCH
User avatar
offline
 
Posts: 2047
Joined: Thu Dec 13, 2012 7:31 pm
Location: An evil lair
Gender: Male

Re: Suggestions for PpGD (1st: Read Master List in First Post)

Postby The Mad Doctor » Wed Dec 26, 2012 6:33 pm

Also, I have no intention of having Chief as a main character, but more of a suporting character that CAN tag along too.
Image

I love things for the exact same reason you hate them for.
PRAISE THE SUN BITCH
User avatar
offline
 
Posts: 2047
Joined: Thu Dec 13, 2012 7:31 pm
Location: An evil lair
Gender: Male

Re: Suggestions for PpGD (1st: Read Master List in First Post)

Postby Yog » Wed Dec 26, 2012 7:54 pm

Eh, hey, I'm not that big of a fan, read it from time to time, but what do YOUR intentions have to do with anything?

It's ultimately to the writer/artist, so all you can really do is just put in a suggestion. Vehemently defending it like you're on trial isn't going to do anything.

Besides, you don't want to tussle with Blood Lord.

He will leave you quivering and without virginity.
Resident Old God
User avatar
offline
 
Posts: 308
Joined: Mon Jan 24, 2011 1:15 am
Location: The labyrinth that is my mind.
Gender: None specified

Re: Suggestions for PpGD (1st: Read Master List in First Post)

Postby The Mad Doctor » Wed Dec 26, 2012 9:19 pm

Oh I have infinite knowledge of Halo. If there is one person that will be quivering: it's Bloodlord

And also I'm only trying to influence. And yes, I am aware that it's the author's choice.
Image

I love things for the exact same reason you hate them for.
PRAISE THE SUN BITCH
User avatar
offline
 
Posts: 2047
Joined: Thu Dec 13, 2012 7:31 pm
Location: An evil lair
Gender: Male

Re: Suggestions for PpGD (1st: Read Master List in First Post)

Postby Tuor » Wed Dec 26, 2012 9:30 pm

Santa Yogs wrote:It's ultimately to the writer/artist, so all you can really do is just put in a suggestion. Vehemently defending it like you're on trial isn't going to do anything.

He's only defending it because Blood Lord criticized it harshly, which is perfectly natural.

Debate is fine, as long as it stays civil
"Suddenly Frodo noticed that a strange-looking weather-beaten man, sitting in the shadows near the wall, was also listening intently to the hobbit-talk. He had a tall tankard in front of him, and was smoking a long-stemmed pipe curiously carved. His legs were stretched out before him, showing high boots of supple leather that fitted him well, but had seen much wear and were now caked with mud. A travel-stained cloak of heavy dark-green cloth was drawn close about him, and in spite of the heat of the room he wore a hood that overshadowed his face; but the gleam of his eyes could be seen as he watched the hobbits."
Rest Easy Ethan
Moderator

User avatar
offline
 
Posts: 18422
Joined: Sun Mar 27, 2005 2:22 am
Gender: Male

Re: Suggestions for PpGD (1st: Read Master List in First Post)

Postby Yog » Wed Dec 26, 2012 9:34 pm

I understand, haha.

I'm just jumping the gun, I guess. It seems that this might escalate, and in the direction this is going, I don't see a winner.

As long as both debaters know when to stop.
Resident Old God
User avatar
offline
 
Posts: 308
Joined: Mon Jan 24, 2011 1:15 am
Location: The labyrinth that is my mind.
Gender: None specified

Re: Suggestions for PpGD (1st: Read Master List in First Post)

Postby The Mad Doctor » Wed Dec 26, 2012 10:07 pm

Yes. Most agreeable, to not escalate this into an all out war.
PRAISE THE SUN BITCH
User avatar
offline
 
Posts: 2047
Joined: Thu Dec 13, 2012 7:31 pm
Location: An evil lair
Gender: Male

Re: Suggestions for PpGD (1st: Read Master List in First Post)

Postby Q.U. » Thu Dec 27, 2012 6:07 pm

Art class.

Bubbles draws a picture of Blossom.

Image

Buttercup says it looks nothing like Blossom.

Bubbles fumes.



Because I want more meta humour.
This post is intended for information only. Please do not reply to this message as responses cannot be read or acknowledged due to the stupidity of the user.
Moderator

User avatar
offline
 
Posts: 3273
Joined: Mon Nov 19, 2007 1:41 pm
Location: Zerus
Gender: Male

Re: Suggestions for PpGD (1st: Read Master List in First Post)

Postby BeeAre » Thu Dec 27, 2012 7:11 pm

Mir@k wrote:I would love to see an honest to got beatdown to the death, and i mean a no holds barred beatdown, not a parade fo fireworks and references that ends up with some kid being blown up and dying, but not by the hands of heroes no, by explosion.


surreal as it is for me to say this being the person making the story and thus aware of what I cannot provide for you, you should like what is coming next.

It's a little Hitchhiker's Guide, isn't it?

We all know the answer: "Samantha dies." ...But how was this question phrased?

I have a pretty good idea, and thank God for that.

I'm not going to keep it very subtle. People will see it pretty quickly. But it evokes a good theme for the continuation past the bomb detonation. One of those ultra-important conceptual movements.

Incidentally, the answer of another question, "the bomb goes off and Blossom and Buttercup fail to stop it," is another thing to ponder.

Four-dimensional time-whale, is something I think I can manage to get into the story, against all odds.

The Master from Fallout is in fact TOO nightmarish. I don't want to get PMs/emails from parents again.

Edit:

Also! Oh Ye Gods I am not going to dare and enter Doctor Who in any substantial way. I don't want like, a London Soccer Riot on the forums, lots of newbie posters yelling "Oi u fukin fag u makin fun of DW??? u fukin want sum???? i teach u a fukin leson u fukin want sum??? en-guh-lund en-guh-lund FUKOFF!!!!!!" *tips hat*
Snafu Comics' Forum Alpha Bro, Staff Writer, Editor, Image, and Keeper of the Jar Brain of Secret President. RIP Ku Ku Ku \(-^.^-)/ U Wuz A REAL N***A!!!!!!!
"We're quite aware of this. BR is no happy rainbow face man. He is simply our neighborhood best fucking poster." ~ Warbear
最後の撃は。。。切ない。Puff Most Epic.
Ladies and Gentlemen, The:
BR

User avatar
offline
 
Posts: 5638
Joined: Thu Oct 25, 2007 8:06 pm
Location: Mississippi
Gender: Male

Re: Suggestions for PpGD (1st: Read Master List in First Post)

Postby The Mad Doctor » Thu Dec 27, 2012 7:52 pm

How about something like a mass teleportation to another location in the universe. Something like moving the planet to the interior of another planet.
Image

I love things for the exact same reason you hate them for.
PRAISE THE SUN BITCH
User avatar
offline
 
Posts: 2047
Joined: Thu Dec 13, 2012 7:31 pm
Location: An evil lair
Gender: Male

Re: Suggestions for PpGD (1st: Read Master List in First Post)

Postby Blood Lord » Fri Dec 28, 2012 2:47 am

Spartan117 wrote:Blood, Clearly you don't know as much Halo as I do

Lol. You have no idea how big Halo is to me. Its my second love of the sci-fi realm. Star Wars was there first, baby. I've been there since the beginning, I've got all the games, Risk set, books, etc. Although I do refuse to buy Halo Legends or Forward unto Dawn when I can simply watch them on the internet. I know John is a squad leader. But that isn't his strength, there are better leaders such as Kurt-051 and Fred-104. Its luck.

Don't you ever fucking think you know more then other people do. Just because they don't wave it around like a flag tied to their dick, doesn't mean they aren't fans of something.

Spartan117 wrote:Slipspace doesn't work like a portal, but more like a, bluntly, torn hole in space AND time. And Can cause anomalies, in time and space, like it did to the shipboard A.I. Melissa, who was brought back to our time on a website.

Melissa is a AI, not a human. Not to mention that here existence and time jumping causes hell on the canon standards of Halo's AI limits. It was a fun marketing add nothing more. Its also not just space and time that you would require, its crossing into an alternate dimension where super powered individuals existed in the 21st century. Slipspace can't generate that, even if you were to use a similar crystal to the one in Halo; First Strike, it still couldn't transcend across those boundaries into a different reality.

Spartan117 wrote: I like a soldier figure in a cast of characters, (and to be honest Samurai Jack was a little close in my opinion, to that but he doesn't seem fit) I think a SPARTAN-II fits the job.

It doesn't HAVE to be a Spartan 2. It can look similar to a Spartan 2, but doesn't have to be one. You are calling for a character archetype that is easy to create. It would be better to create your own, then to pull a wild slipspace event.

Spartan117 wrote:the damaged slipspace drive on the Dawn activating

there isn't enough power for it, and I believe the events of Halo 4 explained what happened to the Dawn. Can't fuck with established canon quite like that. Its messy.

Spartan117 wrote: Hey, even a stray wormhole can bring Chief here.

The Master Chief's fate was explained in Halo 4. We both know how that ended, and that he wouldn't show up.

Spartan117 wrote:suporting character that CAN tag along too

He just isn't needed as a supporting character. What would a 46 year old (not counting in the time spent in slipspace and cryo, which would put him at his mid 20's), sociopath/anti-social, born and breed to be a super solider of death and hell, have ANYTHING to do with pre-teen superheroes that could punch through his armor with their bare fists? A mentor is as good as you can take it. A solider would be easier to create your own original character.

Spartan117 wrote:Oh I have infinite knowledge of Halo. If there is one person that will be quivering: it's Bloodlord

Again, you can't beat me. Never assume you know more then someone else. Besides, I just destroyed your argument. Again.

BeeAre wrote:Incidentally, the answer of another question, "the bomb goes off and Blossom and Buttercup fail to stop it," is another thing to ponder.

Fun. I look forward to this.

BeeAre wrote:The Master from Fallout is in fact TOO nightmarish. I don't want to get PMs/emails from parents again.

Seriously?

Spartan117 wrote:How about something like a mass teleportation to another location in the universe. Something like moving the planet to the interior of another planet.

Why would a shield world be used? And don't bring up the Micro-Dyson sphere, they operate on the same principles. What would be the point?
Moderator

User avatar
offline
 
Posts: 18972
Joined: Thu Sep 25, 2008 5:21 pm
Location: Right behind you.
Gender: Male

Re: Suggestions for PpGD (1st: Read Master List in First Post)

Postby Yog » Fri Dec 28, 2012 2:57 am

The Master was one of my favorite end game bosses of ALL TIME.

Like the most kickass boss of all of Fallout. Reminded me of Mother Brain for obvious reasons.

But I disagree with adding him in.

He's a very, VERY, evil creature. Too dark for a comic about preteen superheroes.

Anyone who tries to argue otherwise, think it over, before you post an argument.
Resident Old God
User avatar
offline
 
Posts: 308
Joined: Mon Jan 24, 2011 1:15 am
Location: The labyrinth that is my mind.
Gender: None specified

Re: Suggestions for PpGD (1st: Read Master List in First Post)

Postby The Mad Doctor » Fri Dec 28, 2012 8:02 am

How about, where ever this bomb takes the planet, theres going to be a giant space station, twenty times its size. And some point after the explosion, A giant fleet strikes. That can be something from the future like, The Federation of Planets, or the U.N.S.C.. Or maybe just The Enterprise because you know what, It can take on giant space stations anyway.
Image

I love things for the exact same reason you hate them for.
PRAISE THE SUN BITCH
User avatar
offline
 
Posts: 2047
Joined: Thu Dec 13, 2012 7:31 pm
Location: An evil lair
Gender: Male

Re: Suggestions for PpGD (1st: Read Master List in First Post)

Postby Saint Soul » Fri Dec 28, 2012 8:22 am

This bomb is a time bomb . So its not where but more of when.
"Small muscles, big brain, the heart of a lion."
—Anthony DiNozzo on Timothy McGee
User formaly known as Soulchild
User avatar
offline
 
Posts: 1173
Joined: Fri Oct 02, 2009 8:33 pm
Location: in the TARDIS
Gender: Male

Re: Suggestions for PpGD (1st: Read Master List in First Post)

Postby Birdofterror » Fri Dec 28, 2012 5:58 pm

Sir Soulchild wrote:This bomb is a time bomb . So its not where but more of when.
This is more complicated than any ordinary time bomb. It's like an elliptical eclipse temporal nebula altering gadgerwidget or something overly complicated that Beeare wanted in, in place of an honest to goodness time bomb.
Spartan117 wrote:How about, where ever this bomb takes the planet, theres going to be a giant space station, twenty times its size. And some point after the explosion, A giant fleet strikes. That can be something from the future like, The Federation of Planets, or the U.N.S.C.. Or maybe just The Enterprise because you know what, It can take on giant space stations anyway.
Dear God you are just jumping from Idea to Idea. I thought we were still on Halo.

I honestly... honestly doubt that we are going to face something 10x the size of the Deathstar and go into an intergalactic war over this. (Current cluster troops not included)
"It's such a fine line between clever and stupid."

The Chronometal Wars, a fan-fiction taking place in the PPGD Universe. Catastrophe is the only certainty.
Bird oft Error
User avatar
offline
 
Posts: 1959
Joined: Thu Nov 05, 2009 8:05 am
Location: You see where I am.
Gender: Male

Re: Suggestions for PpGD (1st: Read Master List in First Post)

Postby The Mad Doctor » Fri Dec 28, 2012 6:36 pm

A space station is definitly gonna happen, and I hope to see the Enterprise or the Voyager. And Blood, can you please be less negative on my forum posts. And do you usually do this to noobs?
Image

I love things for the exact same reason you hate them for.
PRAISE THE SUN BITCH
User avatar
offline
 
Posts: 2047
Joined: Thu Dec 13, 2012 7:31 pm
Location: An evil lair
Gender: Male

Re: Suggestions for PpGD (1st: Read Master List in First Post)

Postby Birdofterror » Fri Dec 28, 2012 6:45 pm

Spartan117 wrote:And do you usually do this to noobs?
Yes. Yes a thousand times yes.

It's one of his endearing character traits. He likes to ruffle our feathers for our first year until we are set straight.

Don't take it personally. It's his way of saying he likes you.
Spartan117 wrote:A space station is definitly gonna happen, and I hope to see the Enterprise or the Voyager.
Quoting for emphasis:

There is nothing pointing to any space station, let alone DEFINITELY. Sure, it's a time related bomb. But there is no guarantee we go forward in time, or backward- or fuck, it might not even send us forward or backward- it might keep us still. Besides, even if we DO go forward in time, Startrek space stations rarely ever get bigger than a couple miles long, maybe a couple hundred. Never ANYTHING even remotely the size of the Deathstar, (At least nothing the Federation ever built) let alone something ten times the size of Earth.

Y'all need to stop speaking in such certainties. View everything as a possibility; sure, but don't hold onto them dearly or you may be disappointed..
"It's such a fine line between clever and stupid."

The Chronometal Wars, a fan-fiction taking place in the PPGD Universe. Catastrophe is the only certainty.
Bird oft Error
User avatar
offline
 
Posts: 1959
Joined: Thu Nov 05, 2009 8:05 am
Location: You see where I am.
Gender: Male

Re: Suggestions for PpGD (1st: Read Master List in First Post)

Postby Blood Lord » Fri Dec 28, 2012 8:05 pm

Spartan117 wrote:And Blood, can you please be less negative on my forum posts.

Don't take it so personally. I took an idea you had and represented the opposing side. Its what I do and I don't mean to be the bad guy. I still think it would be fun to have a Halo refference, just not a major one. Something like ODST police.
Moderator

User avatar
offline
 
Posts: 18972
Joined: Thu Sep 25, 2008 5:21 pm
Location: Right behind you.
Gender: Male

Re: Suggestions for PpGD (1st: Read Master List in First Post)

Postby The Mad Doctor » Fri Dec 28, 2012 8:42 pm

Fair enough.
Image

I love things for the exact same reason you hate them for.
PRAISE THE SUN BITCH
User avatar
offline
 
Posts: 2047
Joined: Thu Dec 13, 2012 7:31 pm
Location: An evil lair
Gender: Male

Re: Suggestions for PpGD (1st: Read Master List in First Post)

Postby 0kamu0 » Sun Jan 13, 2013 8:56 pm

This is just an idea I came up with in a car, nothing special stuff coming from a noob, but what if Vicky from The Fairly Odd Parents, in addition to her job as tormentor of children, was a scout for the evil organization thingy-whatzit (I forgot its name) looking for evil or powerful traits in the children of Megaville. Those whose show signs that they might want to join (and are screened, to prevent moles) are recruited. It wouldn't be too hard to put her in there, as the Fairly Odd Parents are already in the story.
User avatar
offline
 
Posts: 17
Joined: Tue Mar 27, 2012 4:14 pm
Gender: None specified

Re: Suggestions for PpGD (1st: Read Master List in First Post)

Postby Blood Lord » Mon Jan 14, 2013 12:19 am

Again, n00b, is a derogatory term. you have yet to prove yourself for that title. You are a newb.

Its an idea. I don't quite know what to make about it. I think it would have to be a different organization then the Darkstar Council. Just because I can't quite see them in such a role. I would guess that they would go into something like the Neogenes from Witchblade, or even the Gunrunner Girl stuff.
Moderator

User avatar
offline
 
Posts: 18972
Joined: Thu Sep 25, 2008 5:21 pm
Location: Right behind you.
Gender: Male

Re: Suggestions for PpGD (1st: Read Master List in First Post)

Postby Havoc » Mon Jan 14, 2013 1:56 am

I have a couple of things I would like to suggest.

First, something to separate PPGD, and GT for good. I know they're two completely different timelines, but I would really like to see something proves this story wise.(It's not that I don't believe they're separate timelines, it's just that it would make me very happy to see this).

Secondly, I've seen Bunny in some of Bleed's art, as a normal looking powerpuff (most likely with an average intellect).
Now, this might sound a little odd, but what if she was on the side of evil. Like if she was resurrected by the Dark Star, or Aku (I saw that he might be the the story later on).
User No. 24602
Snafu Gold Card Member!

User avatar
offline
 
Posts: 1875
Joined: Tue Jan 01, 2013 12:41 am
Gender: Male

Re: Suggestions for PpGD (1st: Read Master List in First Post)

Postby Birdofterror » Mon Jan 14, 2013 6:27 am

Havoc751 wrote:First, something to separate PPGD, and GT for good. I know they're two completely different timelines, but I would really like to see something proves this story wise.
We already have a complicated- yet still hamfisted thing that proved this. Apparently the original timeline- if there ever was one was Grim Tales. PPGD is the timeline with this giant timeline effecting bomb that is the one being altered.

This is all conjecture, loosely based on observational evidence, but it stands for now unless directly contradicted.
Havoc751 wrote:Now, this might sound a little odd, but what if she was on the side of evil. Like if she was resurrected by the Dark Star, or Aku (I saw that he might be the the story later on).
Hmm... kind of interesting. I could only imagine it being in Grim Tales however- perhaps as one last act of torture to any of the girls, 'Him' could resurrect Bunny to fight them to their deaths.

Would be deliciously evil and twisted.
"It's such a fine line between clever and stupid."

The Chronometal Wars, a fan-fiction taking place in the PPGD Universe. Catastrophe is the only certainty.
Bird oft Error
User avatar
offline
 
Posts: 1959
Joined: Thu Nov 05, 2009 8:05 am
Location: You see where I am.
Gender: Male

Re: Suggestions for PpGD (1st: Read Master List in First Post)

Postby Havoc » Wed Jan 16, 2013 1:48 am

Birdofterror wrote:We already have a complicated- yet still hamfisted thing that proved this. Apparently the original timeline- if there ever was one was Grim Tales. PPGD is the timeline with this giant timeline effecting bomb that is the one being altered.

This is all conjecture, loosely based on observational evidence, but it stands for now unless directly contradicted.


Well, I was hoping for something a little more definitive, but I guess I can live with that for now.
Although, it would be great if there was like a part with the time squad looking in to it, or something. I mean, isn't that shit basically their bread and butter?

Birdofterror wrote:Hmm... kind of interesting. I could only imagine it being in Grim Tales however- perhaps as one last act of torture to any of the girls, 'Him' could resurrect Bunny to fight them to their deaths.


Why only GT? I think it would work just fine in PPGD?
User No. 24602
Snafu Gold Card Member!

User avatar
offline
 
Posts: 1875
Joined: Tue Jan 01, 2013 12:41 am
Gender: Male

Re: Suggestions for PpGD (1st: Read Master List in First Post)

Postby Birdofterror » Wed Jan 16, 2013 9:44 am

Havoc751 wrote:Although, it would be great if there was like a part with the time squad looking in to it, or something. I mean, isn't that shit basically their bread and butter?
Using Otto as an example- I'm inclined to think 'no.'

Instead of staying to fix this giant problem, he is poofed out of reality. Something tells me Time Squad wants nothing to do with this; but I don't know why.
Havoc751 wrote:Why only GT? I think it would work just fine in PPGD?
Well, if it were in PPGD it would be a MAJOR plot device. Something that would take buildup, explanation, not to mention cause and effect. Why would they do that paired with how.

But in GT, there is no need for a major plot device. With the demise of the heroes already known, all that is left is to know 'how.' Bunny could be used more as a tool than as a story then, not to mention Him doesn't need explanation as to why or how he summons Her.

It just seems a lot easier for GT to pull this off clean- if at all, you know?
"It's such a fine line between clever and stupid."

The Chronometal Wars, a fan-fiction taking place in the PPGD Universe. Catastrophe is the only certainty.
Bird oft Error
User avatar
offline
 
Posts: 1959
Joined: Thu Nov 05, 2009 8:05 am
Location: You see where I am.
Gender: Male

PreviousNext

Return to Bleed Forum (Comics and Animation)

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot] and 2 guests