Goku vs Superman

This forum can be a scary place, 'cause we got lax rules: let's see your war face. Take a breath, and roll the dice, you might find out we're really nice.

Moderator: Mod Squad

Re: Goku vs Superman

Postby Hiryu » Thu Dec 27, 2012 6:19 pm

She's way stronger than she looks.
But she wastes all that power being a super-nanny.
ImageImageImage
GET A LOAD OF THIS
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Mir@k » Thu Dec 27, 2012 6:31 pm

So she's the tom bombadil of the superhero universe.
24 Karat
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby BeeAre » Thu Dec 27, 2012 8:01 pm

Mir@k wrote:So she's the tom bombadil of the superhero universe.

ya this is accurate. also conspiracy theories with her being secretly malignant but otherwise unwilling, insane, or incapable of acting on her bad urges. Same as bombadil.

I like the idea that Tom Bombadil is actually an ancient spirit of the world of Arda before Illuvitar decided to get all poncy and make the world like he wanted and so bombadil is waiting until most of the world has fucked off before unleashing his horror-forest. There's somewhere in the Silmarillion or LotR that Treebeard mentions finding the entwives at the end of the world, and people suspect that there are at least some with Tom Bombadil. :O

Tolkien just kinda never explained what he fucking meant with Bombadil, which is uncharacteristically inconsistent with him detailing entire languages and cultures of multiple races and the literal Creation Story of the world.

He sits in his forest singing dumb songs, casually slides the One Ring on his finger, goes "ho hum this is boring" and gives it back to Frodo. Gandalf goes to talk to him before the Council of Elrond and the Fellowship, but we never learn what they discuss. Ever. :|

In a both distinctive and yet similar way, Squirrel Girl is entirely purposely pointless but technically all-powerful. But she just loves squirrels. In a strange way, she's like the Lovecraftian dark cosmic-horror supreme but eternally sleeping entity Azathoth, and people have speculated on this concept that no one should ever sit down and explain to her in easy to understand, quasi-squirrel-related words that she has unlimited power, or she'll make all of reality turn into Squirrels. fffffffffffffffffff
Snafu Comics' Forum Alpha Bro, Staff Writer, Editor, Image, and Keeper of the Jar Brain of Secret President. RIP Ku Ku Ku \(-^.^-)/ U Wuz A REAL N***A!!!!!!!
"We're quite aware of this. BR is no happy rainbow face man. He is simply our neighborhood best fucking poster." ~ Warbear
Puff Most Epic.
Ladies and Gentlemen, The:
BR

Postby Riz » Thu Dec 27, 2012 8:17 pm

holy shit
with a heart colder than a welldiggers nutsack

Postby Mir@k » Thu Dec 27, 2012 10:02 pm

br wrote:but we never learn what they discuss. Ever. :|

Omg that made me rage so much. :c
24 Karat
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Yog » Fri Dec 28, 2012 12:18 am

Riz wrote:holy shit

Yeah.

That's why it's serious business when one of her little squirrel friends dies.

I'm pretty sure if she went off the edge the world would be obliterated without her even caring.
Resident Old God

Postby BeeAre » Fri Dec 28, 2012 12:23 am

Mir@k wrote:
br wrote:but we never learn what they discuss. Ever. :|

Omg that made me rage so much. :c

ya seriously, we don't know even the tone by which Gandalf addressed him in person. Reverently like something above him in status, carefully like talking to a crazy person, threateningly to an enemy, or nonchalantly like a friend? Never brought up. >8[
Snafu Comics' Forum Alpha Bro, Staff Writer, Editor, Image, and Keeper of the Jar Brain of Secret President. RIP Ku Ku Ku \(-^.^-)/ U Wuz A REAL N***A!!!!!!!
"We're quite aware of this. BR is no happy rainbow face man. He is simply our neighborhood best fucking poster." ~ Warbear
Puff Most Epic.
BR

Postby Yog » Fri Dec 28, 2012 12:28 am

I remember reading an issue where she ends up going over to Latvia to grab Dr. Doom's time machine, and he just let's her, without a single protest.

I wish I framed that comic, it was amazing.
Resident Old God

Postby BeeAre » Fri Dec 28, 2012 1:39 am

it's because he knows not to fuck with her. you don't fuck with a blind idiot all-powerful unaware goddess.

here's a good one for the deathironic: "OMG HARUHI I UCH BULLHIT RY KEYBOARD LOT A KEY ANYWAY HARUHI BE A GOD DAMN RIPOFF. DON'T GET UP ALL IN MY FACE, WITH YOUR BITCH-A$$ ANIME. dollar$ is good "$" iykwita"
Puff Most Epic.
BR

Postby Yog » Fri Dec 28, 2012 1:42 am

Ah ha.

BR, you should continue with those stories.

They warm my heart.
Resident Old God

Postby Mir@k » Fri Dec 28, 2012 1:50 am

god damn
24 Karat
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Previous

Return to Wham, Spam, Thank you, Ma'am!