New Grim Tales 12/24/12- Poor Sweet Innocent Thing

The forum for Bleedman fans! Feel free to discuss other comics and cartoons, as well.

Moderator: Mod Squad

New Grim Tales 12/24/12- Poor Sweet Innocent Thing

Postby superjp164 » Mon Dec 24, 2012 11:50 am

So that how she got cripple

Re: New Grim Tales 12/24/12- Poor Sweet Innocent Thing

Postby Birdofterror » Mon Dec 24, 2012 11:57 am

superjp164 wrote:So that how she got cripple
Kind of a bad way to go in my opinion. The reason her body is so naturally weak is because everyone is relying on her.

It would be a shame if she couldn't see something coming and someone incredibly powerful destroyed the world, thus making all of her sacrifices in vain.
"It's such a fine line between clever and stupid."

The Chronometal Wars, a fan-fiction taking place in the PPGD Universe. Catastrophe is the only certainty.
Bird oft Error

Postby xbox432 » Mon Dec 24, 2012 12:50 pm

I got a bad feeling about that General's question. And I must say that using Mimi as Martyr does not seem very hero-y to me. But as to the artwork side of this pic, I must say that Bleed's really upped his game since I first started watching his comics. I can literally feel the talent oozing off the page.

And wow, I take a couple month break and what do I see when I get back? A new forum layout? Sweet, the devs really outdid themselves here. :grin:
And the monkey flips the switch.
Luna Is Best Princess

Postby MQuinny1234 » Mon Dec 24, 2012 12:52 pm

She's quite limited really. Very helpful, but still.
Image=
-"I'm sophisticated, charming, suave, and debonair, Professor. But I have never claimed to be civilized."
Reluctant Nailbiter

Postby punzil504 » Mon Dec 24, 2012 1:25 pm

General, can you be more Specific? *rim-shot*

So this "draining" of Mimi not only confines her to a wheelchair, but also reduces her other mental capacities such as speech, etc.

And Dex tries to justify it by saying that she's better off this way because "who only knows what would happen in the hands (or claws as it were) of evil?"

And I think the General's right... even Dexter could never predict the use of a sheep powered ray gun blowing the place up.
Still preoccupied with 1985

Postby ZaneS » Mon Dec 24, 2012 2:10 pm

I saw the conversation heading this direction and we did discuss the super genius last page, but that question at the end is bothersome...

Postby Mir@k » Mon Dec 24, 2012 4:32 pm

Hey guys, can you spot the grammatical errors?
24 Karat
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Birdofterror » Mon Dec 24, 2012 8:29 pm

There is a ", and" error in there. There usually isn't supposed to be a comma there before the word and.

I fall for that trap all the time.

I am lazy for the rest though.

The Chronometal Wars, a fan-fiction taking place in the PPGD Universe. Catastrophe is the only certainty.
Bird oft Error

Postby Crazyalien257 » Tue Dec 25, 2012 3:34 am

Hi guys my first post on the forum. Anyway, considering the family photo with Dexter, Mimi and the PPG in an earlier page ( I forgot which one) I would assume that Dexter knows that Mimi is the daughter of Blossom. So, a disturbing thought that occurred to me as I read this page, is that perhaps Dexter built this machine as a sort of "punishment" against Mimi, since she was not his child.

Also, the general bears some resemblance to Billy, Mandy's brother. Anybody feel the same way?

Postby Wallow Blacklake » Tue Dec 25, 2012 6:16 am

punzil504 wrote:And I think the General's right... even Dexter could never predict the use of a sheep powered ray gun blowing the place up.

Oh boy. If this happens, it would be most ironic.
Crazyalien257 wrote:Also, the general bears some resemblance to Billy, Mandy's brother. Anybody feel the same way?

I'm sorry. What?
As far as I know, Billy and Mandy are not related.
The General is from Sheep in the Big City.
He does have some resemblance though...

We can not jump to conclusions just yet.
The Generals question could be completely hypothetical.
We don't want a repeat of the "Raven Is Mimi's Mother" insident.
For all we know, it could be Private Public.
"What's the point in caring when all it brings is pain?"
Stan Marsh, South Park.

My account. Please check it out: http://wallowblacklake.deviantart.com/

Postby Crazyalien257 » Tue Dec 25, 2012 6:59 am

As far as I know, Billy and Mandy are not related.

:eek: My bad! It's been so long since I've watched that show, my memory is failing me.

Postby Mir@k » Tue Dec 25, 2012 1:00 pm

Welcome to the forum by the way, crazyalien! c:

a disturbing thought that occurred to me as I read this page, is that perhaps Dexter built this machine as a sort of "punishment" against Mimi, since she was not his child
Very interesting, but i think it's too early to come to that conclusion, specially because Dexter doesn't even look or sound human anymore, and by the words of the general, it seems he truly isn't human. It seems he turned himself into a cyborg. If that happened then what about his feelings? Does he even experience emotion at all?
24 Karat
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Bandit » Tue Dec 25, 2012 6:07 pm

Either Bleedman's been privy into our earlier topic, or he's psychic and knew most of the questions we had, because he's obviously trying to cover up that fatal flaw we talk about.
There are a lot of "wtf" moments in the page. We know that Mimi is both their most precious asset, as well as their most vulnerable and how this information is as tight-lipped as a leaky faucet. Everyone who is anyone knows where it is.
xbox432 wrote:I got a bad feeling about that General's question.

Indeed, perhaps Dexter accidentally let an enemy into the inner sanctum
xbox432 wrote:And I must say that using Mimi as Martyr does not seem very hero-y to me.

Not "Martyr" and more "meat on a hook"

Postby superjp164 » Tue Dec 25, 2012 10:06 pm

Even though they using Mimi to foreshadow villains disasters for the greater good, I can't help but wondered did Mimi not had a say in all of this? Did she actually agree to be a tool for Dexter and the Military to use? And if not why can't they use another person with telepathic powers, I mean come on she just a little girl. I can think of one or two people with telepathic powers far more powerful than Mimi's that they can use for this machine. :?

Postby Blood Lord » Wed Dec 26, 2012 1:17 am

Mir@k wrote:
a disturbing thought that occurred to me as I read this page, is that perhaps Dexter built this machine as a sort of "punishment" against Mimi, since she was not his child
Very interesting, but i think it's too early to come to that conclusion, specially because Dexter doesn't even look or sound human anymore, and by the words of the general, it seems he truly isn't human. It seems he turned himself into a cyborg. If that happened then what about his feelings? Does he even experience emotion at all?

I doubt it would be some sort of punishment. More likely damage from past battles. I would wager that he still has some of his humanity left in him, but I don't know how much of it has been left for Mimi. I'm wondering if Mimi was born after Dexter had become a cyborg.

superjp164 wrote:I can't help but wondered did Mimi not had a say in all of this?

No, she didn't.

superjp164 wrote:Did she actually agree to be a tool for Dexter and the Military to use?

No. Its more of that she's been placed in a situation where she can best protect be protected.

superjp164 wrote:I can think of one or two people with telepathic powers far more powerful than Mimi's that they can use for this machine.

Mimi has Precognition, not focusing on the telepathic powers yet. Also, how do you know those people are even in this comic? Or even alive? You really think that that mental powers all cover the same thing the exact same way?

Postby superjp164 » Wed Dec 26, 2012 2:13 am

Well yeah mental powers cover just about everything because Dexter want someone to power the Machine to see what Meta-Beings are going to do but can't see what normal people like the General or mad scientist are going to do. So if they choose someone like for example Charles Xavier (I don't know if he's alive in this time period or that characters from X-men are even in this comic, this is just an example) to power Dexter's machine then they'll be able to predict meta-beings actions, mad scientist plans or even before they born.It doesn't have to be Charles but people with the same level of telepathy like him around that time period in the flashback could all be better suited for the job than a little girl with "Precognition" :?

Postby MQuinny1234 » Wed Dec 26, 2012 12:17 pm

Well, we can't assume that every psychic power comes from the same source, or acts the same way, or are even related to one another.

Maybe Mimi had to mature whilst growing up in the machine. Sort of like when they put those poles beside trees so they grow straight, except...well, more complicated, because people aren't trees.

Excusing tree people and people who identify as trees of course.
Image=
-"I'm sophisticated, charming, suave, and debonair, Professor. But I have never claimed to be civilized."
Reluctant Nailbiter

Postby achthenuts » Wed Dec 26, 2012 10:35 pm

Mir@k wrote:Hey guys, can you spot the grammatical errors?

Well there's 50% will have grammar errors.
I heard you don't accept god
I don't accept fandom/shipping/mary-sue
This is not EVERY users.

Postby Mir@k » Wed Dec 26, 2012 11:29 pm

what?
24 Karat
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby PP-Grim1013 » Thu Dec 27, 2012 12:42 am

Mir@k wrote:what?

I believe he misunderstood you, thinking you meant the comments from the readers, rather than the paragraph(s) of text in the page...
*Castella Sky*
"Courage is the Magic that turns Dreams into Reality"
Nintendo 3DS Friend Code: 2406 5651 2352 - Tatsuki✩[/color]

Postby Birdofterror » Thu Dec 27, 2012 10:09 pm

achthenuts wrote:
Mir@k wrote:Hey guys, can you spot the grammatical errors?

Well there's 50% will have grammar errors.

If that was an Ironic post, bravo. That was brilliant!

As for the cyborg part, is no-one considering the possibility that he just wanted to be one and there was no major ulterior motive behind becoming an automaton other than it being the natural next step in robotics, along with his extensive experience with cyborgs and fusing mechanical things with human flesh; such as his sister's android?

I don't think there is a deep reason behind being a robotic shell of his former self. I honestly saw it coming. If not this, maybe a bunch of artificial injections to become a superhuman or something.

In a world like theirs', being a human (Even a smart human) becomes more and more of a weakness as the days go on.

Bird oft Error

Postby Mon-Kitsune » Thu Dec 27, 2012 10:48 pm

Birdofterror wrote:
achthenuts wrote:
In a world like theirs', being a human (Even a smart human) becomes more and more of a weakness as the days go on.

Not to mention the fact that Dexter, how do I put this gently, wasn't exactly a prime physical example of humanity to begin with. He was abnormally short (though the somewhat older version we see in bleed seems to have grown quite a bit) which means a really short stride (and hence difficulty running) . He needs glasses (of course, the current one still has them, but I wonder if that is merely cosmetic by now, if there aren't a pair of more efficient robot eyes under those things*). He wasn't all that physically strong or coordinated (remember the dodgeball episode of the show). In our normal, comapritively peaceful world, this was no big deal, his massive intellect more than compensated. In this war torn one, however, where survival likely is reserved ONLY for those who have BOTH, who are mens sana in corpore sano to the nth degree, Dexter may have found himself phycially unable to keep up. Dexter being Dexer he solved it the only way he knew how.

*Or maybe not given what happened to him the last time he tried to correct his eyes. I can sort of imagine what he might have said if someone made the suggestion "No, the world we have now is ugly enough as it is."
"For I have heard the Song of War, and to me, it sounds just like "Please, Mister Custer.""

Cogito Ergot Sum, "I think there is something wrong with this rye bread." (Aplogies to Seafrol.)

Postby Blood Lord » Fri Dec 28, 2012 2:50 am

Correct me if I'm wrong. But didn't he have an abnormal love of cheese? Perhaps that caught up with him.

Crap, wasn't there an episode about that, or am I thinking of something else?

Postby Crazyalien257 » Fri Dec 28, 2012 8:31 am

I doubt it would be some sort of punishment. More likely damage from past battles. I would wager that he still has some of his humanity left in him, but I don't know how much of it has been left for Mimi. I'm wondering if Mimi was born after Dexter had become a cyborg.

Sure, perhaps Dexter didn't have any feelings for Mimi in particular, but I find it hard to believe that the Powerpuff's, especially Blossom since she's Mimi's mom, would ever agree to this.
The PPG went through a tough childhood beating up monsters and I don't think they ever got well at all with people other than those with super powers. I don't think they would agree to put another young, powerful girl through a childhood even worse than theirs (trapped in a machine, forced to work for good at the expense of personal development and maturity).

Surely the PPG would have a say in the implementation of this device. (Assuming they were alive when it was built)

n our normal, comapritively peaceful world, this was no big deal, his massive intellect more than compensated. In this war torn one, however, where survival likely is reserved ONLY for those who have BOTH, who are mens sana in corpore sano to the nth degree, Dexter may have found himself phycially unable to keep up. Dexter being Detxer he solved it the only way he knew how.

I thought the world didn't start turning to hell until the heroes get betrayed. I think that happens at roughly the same time Mimi gets released from the machine (somehow), so Dexter definitely got his implants/augmentations before the world got trashed. He wouldn't have needed them to stay alive.

Postby Mon-Kitsune » Fri Dec 28, 2012 8:38 am

Blood Lord wrote:Correct me if I'm wrong. But didn't he have an abnormal love of cheese? Perhaps that caught up with him.

Crap, wasn't there an episode about that, or am I thinking of something else?

Not sure. There WAS an episode where he modified his tastebuds to make himself love vegetables and ended up going Hulk. That episode ended with him having removed the veggie love, but now obsessed with liver (I think) which he may have never gotten around to correcting. And if he didn't that could have messed him up as bad as the cheese given how rich liver is in fat and complex carbs (it is after all, where you body stores its glycogen)

Crazyalien257 wrote:n our normal, comapritively peaceful world, this was no big deal, his massive intellect more than compensated. In this war torn one, however, where survival likely is reserved ONLY for those who have BOTH, who are mens sana in corpore sano to the nth degree, Dexter may have found himself phycially unable to keep up. Dexter being Detxer he solved it the only way he knew how.

I thought the world didn't start turning to hell until the heroes get betrayed. I think that happens at roughly the same time Mimi gets released from the machine (somehow), so Dexter definitely got his implants/augmentations before the world got trashed. He wouldn't have needed them to stay alive.[/quote]

Well, then maybe he simply got tired of not being able to keep up with the villians. Not every mad scientist is likey to be a physical minor like he was, he might feel he needed some brawn to go with the brains.
"For I have heard the Song of War, and to me, it sounds just like "Please, Mister Custer.""

Cogito Ergot Sum, "I think there is something wrong with this rye bread." (Aplogies to Seafrol.)

Next

Return to Bleed Forum (Comics and Animation)