Grim Tales - She watches the Watchmen (16 December 2012)

The forum for Bleedman fans! Feel free to discuss other comics and cartoons, as well.

Moderator: Mod Squad

Grim Tales - She watches the Watchmen (16 December 2012)

Postby achthenuts » Sun Dec 16, 2012 9:48 am

Since when we have Sheep in the Big City's cameo ?
Last edited by achthenuts on Fri Dec 21, 2012 12:32 am, edited 1 time in total.
I heard you don't accept god
I don't accept fandom/shipping/mary-sue
This is not EVERY users.

Re: Grim Tales - She watches the Watchmen (16 December 2012)

Postby PS2kid » Sun Dec 16, 2012 11:59 am

Seriously, the term "Over 9000" is definitely overused.

Postby punzil504 » Sun Dec 16, 2012 12:25 pm

Love the page's art... like the cameos by Dexter, General Specific and Private Public.

Not too keen on the direction this seems to be going, but I didn't care for Minority Report either, and this seems to be combining that and X-Men. The over 9000 pun was lame and awkward, and should have remained on the editing room floor.

How is Blossom OK with Dexter using Mimi in this manner? (I suppose we'll find out.)

I thought Mimi's powers were telekinetic. Suddenly instead she's a precog locator?
Still preoccupied with 1985

Postby Misery Chord » Sun Dec 16, 2012 12:51 pm

Hm...now this page says a LOT, and not just in exposition.

One of the the things that caught me off guard was Dexter's speech bubbles. It wasn't clear from the images how much cybernetic modification he had to go through and whether or not it was permanent. This page implies it was pretty severe and permanent, possibly leading to a "more machine than man" scenario. It's interesting since most of the other works under Bleedman's umbrella avoided the "machines are emotionless" pitfall that prevails the media.

There are plenty of routes that can follow from here. The heroes (or at least Dexter) may be using Mimi this way genuinely to protect her; since she clearly has abilities and is literally the spawn of the devil, they can't risk letting her live in the general populace to be a target, but they can't keep her with them because they have a duty to be on the field.

Of course, they might be doing this because they want to make the best out of a "bad" situation (hey, we've got a potential dark messiah so let's use) and are opportunistic scumbags, which would make Him's path to corrupting Mimi a lot more than clear simply exposing her to the essence of evil. Heck, Him could have convinced Mimi that Blossom just used her like everyone to fight the for "good" and not allow her to have fun like normal girls. He could have even convinced her that he cut off her hands for her own good, that she would be able to exact her revenge Maybe that's how Mimi was able to act as a medium for Him's will and tap into Minnie's dark side, because she knew what it was like to be created and used solely for power games of the adults around her. (I hold out the vain hope that Mimi and Minnie, would actually ally with each other, albeit not as BFF.)

This is all wild guessing at this point, and I have never been right about anything, so why start now?

punzil504 wrote:I thought Mimi's powers were telekinetic. Suddenly instead she's a precog locator?

It's a sci-fi/superhero staple that precog abilities, telepathy, and telekinesis fall under the "psychic" umbrella. After all, telekinesis is even called psychokinesis sometimes.

Postby Cryum » Sun Dec 16, 2012 7:00 pm

His speech bubbles are.......folders? Maybe he's directly connecting to the database by the power of infinite bandwith wifi.
If you got sick of the world, and made it better to gain some peace of mind, would you be selfish or selfless?

Postby Blood Lord » Sun Dec 16, 2012 8:15 pm

He talks too much.

Misery Chord wrote: It wasn't clear from the images how much cybernetic modification he had to go through and whether or not it was permanent. This page implies it was pretty severe and permanent, possibly leading to a "more machine than man" scenario.

Or not. It could very well be his arms and vocal cords are screwed up.

Misery Chord wrote:The heroes (or at least Dexter) may be using Mimi this way genuinely to protect her; since she clearly has abilities and is literally the spawn of the devil, they can't risk letting her live in the general populace to be a target, but they can't keep her with them because they have a duty to be on the field.

A few problems here. First, you are assuming that Dexter knows that Mimi is the daughter of Him. that hasn't been said so either way. Second, it wouldn't be something that would keep here from the "front Lines"as you say. Mimi is a little girl who is wheelchair bound, her powers also provide more of a support role then a fighter. The ability to use precognitive abilities to identify when a super villain does something and then use that with a machine that would amplify that power, its incredible. Something anyone with a hint of a brain cell would immediately capitalize on.

Misery Chord wrote:Heck, Him could have convinced Mimi that Blossom just used her like everyone to fight the for "good" and not allow her to have fun like normal girls.

that's a pretty weak argument for a girl that is bound in a wheel chair. Plus we have no idea what her social life was like.

Misery, you're making wild assumptions all over the place.
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Birdofterror » Sun Dec 16, 2012 8:49 pm

Is the comic not actually there, or is it just me?
"It's such a fine line between clever and stupid."

The Chronometal Wars, a fan-fiction taking place in the PPGD Universe. Catastrophe is the only certainty.
Bird oft Error

Postby Hiroko » Sun Dec 16, 2012 9:58 pm

According to a thread Bleedman posted in the News forum, he took it and the page before it ("Angel") down in order to fix something with the previous page. He said the page will be back up tomorrow.
The Sentimental One

Postby Blood Lord » Mon Dec 17, 2012 1:39 am

We'll live.
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Birdofterror » Mon Dec 17, 2012 7:36 am

Hiroko wrote:he took it and the page before it ("Angel") down in order to fix something with the previous page.
Oooh, sounds like a story inaccuracy was committed. I'm kind of excited to see how this turns out.
"It's such a fine line between clever and stupid."

The Chronometal Wars, a fan-fiction taking place in the PPGD Universe. Catastrophe is the only certainty.
Bird oft Error

Postby PP-Grim1013 » Wed Dec 19, 2012 11:20 pm

The page is back up with a new URL... I think? I just noticed that the image on this topic cannot be seen...
Unless it's just my computer :unsure:
Anyways, so... she is sort of an "Oracle of Heroes"? More psychic-y than Barbara it seems~
*Castella Sky*
"Courage is the Magic that turns Dreams into Reality"
Nintendo 3DS Friend Code: 2406 5651 2352 - Tatsuki✩[/color]

Postby Blood Lord » Thu Dec 20, 2012 12:14 am

Yes. She is in a similar role.
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Bandit » Thu Dec 20, 2012 4:26 am

Blood Lord wrote:
PP-Grim1013 wrote:she is sort of an "Oracle of Heroes"? More psychic-y than Barbara it seems~

Yes. She is in a similar role.

In essence, Mimi is the keystone for the entire "meta-human superhero" enterprise That seems to crisscross the entire world, if not galaxy. I can see just how fragile this entire system really is. Factor in the fact that she is just a little girl (albeit a super powered one, but a little girl nonetheless), and that they are facing some of the greatest criminal masterminds in the galaxy, and you've got a global catastrophe just waiting to happen. It's one of the downfalls of centralized communication: mess up the central hub and the entire system collapses.
Any competent villainAnyone privy to the system's inner workings can do that.

Postby ZaneS » Thu Dec 20, 2012 11:35 pm

So I did some research on this and had we not known Mimi's future/past in this scene the very name of the machine the Nephilim would hint towards a twisted fate as from my research and Jewish friend, a Nephilim is a child of a fallen angel and a human women (hmmmm....)

http://www.answersingenesis.org/article ... e-nephilim

There are other interpretations but most of them involve a parent of the child falling from grace for the child's birth as well as immense power the child controls.

Postby Wallow Blacklake » Fri Dec 21, 2012 12:09 pm

Now we're getting somewhere.
So this is where the "Traitor" comes in...
"What's the point in caring when all it brings is pain?"
Stan Marsh, South Park.

My account. Please check it out: http://wallowblacklake.deviantart.com/

Postby Slendy » Fri Dec 21, 2012 12:23 pm

You'd think with her ability and this machine that they would have seen the downfall of the heroes coming from a mile away. Maybe Mimi sees it but withholds it from Dexter and the general here since it likely involves Blossom. Now, I don't fully remember, but in the last flashback was it confirmed that Blossom was the traitor?
Denizen of Darkness

Postby Blood Lord » Fri Dec 21, 2012 1:01 pm

Yes. However the last flashback was a different comic arc, known as GT:WHAM (WHat About Mimi). This one is GT:FO (Further Orientation) which will dive further into the cast's history.

The machine works perfectly. Mimi is a young girl. what could have happened is that the forces of evil focused everything they had at destroy the machine, OR, Him sent false information to her and deceived everything with faulty information. I think of an Inception-like thing that he could have done to her.
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Slendy » Fri Dec 21, 2012 1:49 pm

Yes, I know we're in a different arc, but they all follow the same back story. I've seen some complaints about all these flashbacks, but honestly, I'm more interested in how Mimi was corrupted and the heroes were defeated. I'd like to know more of her past before we start in on any new events.

As for the machine, you're most likely correct that Him will tamper with either it or Mimi to hide his plan. But I do like the idea of Mimi knowing full well what's going to happen and purposefully lying about it to protect Blossom. It would give her a sense of guilt knowing she could have saved everyone by exposing her mom as the traitor. So she now has a detached, emotionless view of the world because she shut everything away. Then whatever Him did to her to transform her into a demon only magnified that, turning her into the lifeless shell we see today. Because what we've seen from Mimi so far in the character development region has been almost nil. Hopefully before the end of GT:FO we learn all the details of the downfall of the heroes and Mimi's corruption. There's been hints here and there, like the pictures in Him's office, but we're still left guessing at the details. I'm curious exactly what it was Blossom did. Maybe she gave Him access to the database so he could learn every hero's weakness and strategically eliminate them one by one?
Denizen of Darkness

Postby Blood Lord » Fri Dec 21, 2012 3:13 pm

You'd be surprised how many people don't realize that we're in a different arc.

I don't think she would have betrayed them quite like that. Seems too... simple.
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Bandit » Fri Dec 21, 2012 3:53 pm

Slendy wrote:You'd think with her ability and this machine that they would have seen the downfall of the heroes coming from a mile away. Maybe Mimi sees it but withholds it from Dexter and the general here since it likely involves Blossom. Now, I don't fully remember, but in the last flashback was it confirmed that Blossom was the traitor?

Remember the system's fatal flaw: Mimi CANNOT sense any workings of those not gifted with super powers.
In other words, people with superior intellect and Machiavellian tendencies would slip under the radar. (literally)

Postby ZaneS » Fri Dec 21, 2012 8:21 pm

And Bandit has pointed out what I believe is the key to our riddle. Not sure what it will lead to but it is food for thought how Him could con someone who has access to the machine to lead to ruining its use.
Last edited by ZaneS on Fri Dec 21, 2012 10:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Postby Blood Lord » Fri Dec 21, 2012 8:39 pm

The location isn't a problem. Getting in is a problem. In theory, that might work. Its been considered.
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Bandit » Fri Dec 21, 2012 8:57 pm

So my question to you is: who are the most likely suspects? What are his/her motives? And why?
Remember, don't make wild guesses; Bleedman's already presented some valuable information.
Last edited by Bandit on Fri Dec 21, 2012 9:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Postby ZaneS » Fri Dec 21, 2012 9:05 pm

Does Jeff count as Super Powered? This isn't my guess, but we haven't seen how he got roped in with HIM, and if we did I don't remember it.

Postby Blood Lord » Fri Dec 21, 2012 9:13 pm

He gets hired as a babysitter.

I'd consider the Gangreen Gang.
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Next

Return to Bleed Forum (Comics and Animation)