New Grim Tales Comic: "She watches the Watchmen"

Discuss new comics, posts, and news directly from the Snafu-Comics main page!

Moderator: Mod Squad

Re: New Grim Tales Comic:

Postby konata50 » Tue Dec 18, 2012 11:57 pm

foresight is a pretty bad ability to have if your grow dependent on it your world will be raped
The Kona-Squad's sign of approval..

Postby Blood Lord » Wed Dec 19, 2012 1:40 am

Call, you give me hope that not all newbs will be idiots. Seems like when I am just about to lose faith, a daring and quick minded individual appears out of nowhere and my faith is restored, along with my brain. Although they have a tendency to disappear.

CallMeD. wrote:Powers such as hers are indeed a rarity to say the least. Yet to be so unique at such a young age, & to be sought after for a far greater purpose than simply maturing as a mere child would. We have myths & tails of such individuals, possesing the gift of foresight, who were plagued by humanity & had to suffer for these gifts. Her life would have been anything but easy; although it surely left minor scars compared to the time she spent in the company of her father. My opinion is simply that I doubt she found much joy in being exploited for her powers, even though it was intended for good, & would have probably been happier not being so unique.

Hmm. I see. Such powers and gifts, while used for the greater good would still be a curse in denying Mimi the right to mature in a life as normal as she could have. Very good, that is what I was looking for. I can also see that Mimi's power and now this device, would draw attention onto her and off all of the other heroes. She's their radar, their early warning system. If you want to be able to hit with effectiveness and surprise, you would need to find someway to disable said system.

Lets see... Him would or could invade her mind and either assault it, therefore damaging her ability which isn't seen in any other part in GT. Or he could "hide" himself from her mind. I must go to the RPedictions thread with some of this.

CallMeD. wrote: Although he's long moved on from being a boy genius, he's continued to push past the limits of science; even to include his own body it seems. Judging from his dialogue, I'd say he's either gone on to become a cyborg or (for unknown reasons) resorted to wearing a enhanced suit that could be acting as a form of life support.

I think its more of a life support system.

konata50 wrote:foresight is a pretty bad ability to have if your grow dependent on it your world will be raped

So if you get dependent on foresight, then your world will get raped. Expound please, like with an example without using this comic, because we don't know how this happened.

Postby big_little_bro » Wed Dec 19, 2012 1:46 am

maybe its so far in the future hes just a clone bot that or maybe he just hurt his voice box in some epic fight or some minor lab accident also i guess this page kinda goes a head and tells you that the ppgdj is not doomed to explode (not that any one actually thinks they would end it that way) also its easy how him would get the drop on them her power can only see META HUMAN CRIMES him is a demon not a meta human you may also not he was alone when he killed them all

Postby Blood Lord » Wed Dec 19, 2012 1:49 am

Him would still be detectable and classified as a Meta-human. Its a fancy term for those with super powers that also sounds cooler then a super powered individual. Thor, the God of thunder, is classified as a Meta-Human.

Postby Brandun13 » Wed Dec 19, 2012 8:40 am

i imagine tht dexter sounds like darth vader without all the deep breathing:P
Thirteen

Postby Dark Kuno » Wed Dec 19, 2012 11:53 am

Haha

I thought that was General Specific and Private Public :D

I swear the Easter eggs in B-man's comics are just as good as the story and art :D
"There is no true equity of power. There is only more and less." - Dega Disciple (MtG)

Postby Blood Lord » Wed Dec 19, 2012 7:49 pm

Bumped for being the current page.

Postby Brandun13 » Wed Dec 19, 2012 9:16 pm

Blood Lord wrote:Bumped for being the current page.

what do you mean?
Thirteen

Postby Deadpool94 » Wed Dec 19, 2012 9:44 pm

Brandun13 wrote:

what do you mean?

Basically, the page is back.
Ya know why I love the Internet? Cause its just like me.
Vulgar, combative and contradictory?
Overflowing with perversion and stupidity?!
Yes and yes. -All three Deadpool
Sniff Ah I love the smell of pancakes in the morning.

Postby Blood Lord » Thu Dec 20, 2012 12:10 am

Brandun13 wrote:

what do you mean?

When you "bump" a thread, it puts it up on the top of the thread list. That way its more noticeable to people and draws more attention.

Postby Brandun13 » Thu Dec 20, 2012 4:49 pm

ohh ok. sorry im knew to this whole forum thing. im tryin though. :grin:
thanks btw
Thirteen

Postby Blood Lord » Thu Dec 20, 2012 9:10 pm

Its no problem. If you ever have a question just ask, or send me a PM.

Postby Xi-1 » Fri Dec 21, 2012 3:49 pm

Wasn't Dexter first seen with these cybernetic implants in 'Older and Wiser?' They could be replacements for parts he lost in battles, although before or after they started using the Angel system is something we cannot yet know. It would also seem that his vocal synthesizer has removed his trademark accent. Too bad.

It is interesting to learn about Mimi's power, in that it involves telepathy and precognition. I don't remember either of these coming from the Powerpuff Girls, but perhaps the telepathy comes from HIM, since he is gifted at warping people's minds. Turning that kind of power to the side of good is just the kind of thing Blossom and Dexter would try to do.

There is a 'but' here, though: I would guess that since Mimi's power is telepathic in nature, the way she's detecting the metahuman threats is by scanning their thoughts and pinging to them when the metahumans think of committing a crime. This means that Mimi, and the heroes through the Angel monitoring system, know the plans as soon as the metahuman criminals think of them. So what happens if those plans change before they are executed? Because Mimi's power is based in telepathy it is not precognition in the sense of reading the future, but in the sense of reading intent from the minds of others. This means that if a criminal changes his or her minds, Mimi and the heroes must reactively adapt to the new plans. If the criminals create a way to keep telepaths out, like Magneto's helmet, Mimi will be unable to relay any information to the heroes through Angel. And if someone thinks really, really hard about doing something (or about not doing it) they can also, theoretically, fool Mimi that way.

That, of course, is just a set of possible countermeasures for those who know about Mimi's powers, the Angel system, and how it all works. It also takes as an assumption that the heroes have the capability to counter the power of the threats aimed at them. If the threat becomes too big, then they would try to alter their plans accordingly, or even avoid deploying, believing the battle to be lost before it even begins. Compare this to what would happen without the Angel system: the metahumans attack, the heroes go out, and they fight using an adaptive strategy. With the Angel system, they make their strategies ahead of time, and because of that they might not be as flexible. And if things go wrong from there? They have to try to be flexible.

Finally, there's the mind trap: allow the target to infiltrate a level of the mind that's flooded with trivia, and stop them from escaping. That leaves her (or him if it's not Mimi) unable to retract, and possible unable to act within the original body, if the telepath is acting in a more astral form, the way Xavier and Jean sometimes do. This stops the telepath from further affecting events. Add to this particular scenario that the mind doing the trapping could well be HIM's. It's easy to imagine the damage a warped mind like his might do to a young girl's mind if trapped there. It could render her paraplegic, speechless, and more susceptible to corruption.

Which sounds like a plan, and since HIM is Mimi's father, who wants to bet against him knowing about her powers, including how they work? If Jonah Jamison could give Spider-Man's spider sense false positives in Spider-Man: Requiem, and Venom could block it entirely, whose to say this isn't possible? And by the way, spider sense is precognition in a truer sense than Mimi's telepathic variety, even if it only accelerates the senses to help Spidey in the next couple of seconds.
A Page Flipper

Postby Blood Lord » Fri Dec 21, 2012 8:31 pm

Argh.

Xi-1 wrote:Wasn't Dexter first seen with these cybernetic implants in 'Older and Wiser?' They could be replacements for parts he lost in battles, although before or after they started using the Angel system is something we cannot yet know. It would also seem that his vocal synthesizer has removed his trademark accent. Too bad.

Its pretty obvious that he gained his cybernetic implants before the Angel system came on line. I mean, he is standing right fucking there with them.

Xi-1 wrote:It is interesting to learn about Mimi's power, in that it involves telepathy and precognition. I don't remember either of these coming from the Powerpuff Girls, but perhaps the telepathy comes from HIM, since he is gifted at warping people's minds. Turning that kind of power to the side of good is just the kind of thing Blossom and Dexter would try to do.

It doesn't have to be from one parent to another. Powers don't work quite that perfectly. The combination of Him's and Blossom's powers created something entirely different. X+Y=Z.

Xi-1 wrote:I would guess that since Mimi's power is telepathic in nature, the way she's detecting the metahuman threats is by scanning their thoughts and pinging to them when the metahumans think of committing a crime.

No. Mimi has dominate power of Precognition at this moment. You are right that the ability to predict the future only lies in present given information, but she isn't reading the thoughts of enemies. If that was the case, then as long as she is focused and in that machine, the heroes are invincible. She has the ability to foresee the future based on current active events.

I'm not even going to mess with the rest of your post.

Previous

Return to Comic Updates and News!