Grim tales: Eye of Nargal

The forum for Bleedman fans! Feel free to discuss other comics and cartoons, as well.

Moderator: Mod Squad

Grim tales: Eye of Nargal

Postby Bandit » Thu Dec 20, 2012 9:00 pm

Rewind back to the earlier panels...
Remember how Minnie gave one of her eyes to Grim Jr, and conferred some of her powers to him?
Was that scene in any way influenced by Naruto? More specifically, was that inspired by Obito's donation of his one eye to Kakashi?

Re: Grim tales: Eye of Nargal

Postby Blood Lord » Thu Dec 20, 2012 9:09 pm

You had me thinking this was a new update page. Its possible, but I'm not a Naurto fan so...
Stufflikehearts - He is a Sith Lord. I love Blood Lord :3
Jeffffey - Blood, you look at the information someone says, look over what really happened, and reply in a way that makes them realize what they were really thinking.
Light10s - Blood Lord! Your avatars are becoming more epic. You make me feel like getting on all fours and submitting my loyalty and obedience to you.
Fievel - Numerous campaigns and conquests, countless bodies decaying after the abandonment of victorious battlefields. Such is the life of Blood Lord.
Dusk_Imp - Blood Lord is like a celebrity here. Everything he does is pure awesome. ALL HAIL BLOOD LORD
Doctress Who - Why couldn't there be a Blood Lord in every forum? It would make life so much easier.
Mercypostle

Postby ZaneS » Thu Dec 20, 2012 9:13 pm

You'd have to check times and all but I'm pretty sure the eye of the nergal bit came first since it was finished if I remember in 2006-8 and that wasn't mentioned in Nautro till 2009-2010. My dates may be wrong, but yea, check the dates.

Postby Grieffon » Thu Dec 20, 2012 9:15 pm

No, the eye exchange thing from Naruto happened long after that part in GT.

Postby Mir@k » Thu Dec 20, 2012 9:16 pm

Hahaha nargal.
24 Karat
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Grieffon » Thu Dec 20, 2012 9:19 pm

And welcome ZaneS, our first new user for a long time.

Postby Bandit » Thu Dec 20, 2012 10:08 pm

Got it; thanks everyone.

Postby Cerulean » Fri Dec 21, 2012 2:25 am

I don't know what inspired it. However, I would like to present the little information I found online about Naruto(From Wikipedia). The Kakashi Gaiden portion of the Naruto manga was published in Japan in 2005 and released in the US in 2007. After scrolling through the archives, I saw that the page where minnie offers the eye was posted on snafu in 2007. The anime portion was aired in 2009(Japan)/2012(US).
"A reader lives a thousand lives, the man who never reads lives only one." - George R.R. Martin

Postby Mon-Kitsune » Fri Dec 21, 2012 8:13 am

Well, the connection between sacrificing eyes and the aquisition of knowledge is a pretty old one. Think of Odin giving up one of his eyes to drink from Mirmir's Well of Knowledge. Or all of the blind seers in Greco Roman mythology. The eye's are the window to the soul, after all, share you eyes, share your soul.
"For I have heard the Song of War, and to me, it sounds just like "Please, Mister Custer.""

Cogito Ergot Sum, "I think there is something wrong with this rye bread." (Aplogies to Seafrol.)

Postby Blood Lord » Fri Dec 21, 2012 11:55 am

bluebluetopaz wrote:I don't know what inspired it. However, I would like to present the little information I found online about Naruto(From Wikipedia). The Kakashi Gaiden portion of the Naruto manga was published in Japan in 2005 and released in the US in 2007. After scrolling through the archives, I saw that the page where minnie offers the eye was posted on snafu in 2007. The anime portion was aired in 2009(Japan)/2012(US).

Bleed doesn't live in the US.
Stufflikehearts - He is a Sith Lord. I love Blood Lord :3
Jeffffey - Blood, you look at the information someone says, look over what really happened, and reply in a way that makes them realize what they were really thinking.
Light10s - Blood Lord! Your avatars are becoming more epic. You make me feel like getting on all fours and submitting my loyalty and obedience to you.
Fievel - Numerous campaigns and conquests, countless bodies decaying after the abandonment of victorious battlefields. Such is the life of Blood Lord.
Dusk_Imp - Blood Lord is like a celebrity here. Everything he does is pure awesome. ALL HAIL BLOOD LORD
Doctress Who - Why couldn't there be a Blood Lord in every forum? It would make life so much easier.
Mercypostle

Return to Bleed Forum (Comics and Animation)