Favourite Cartoons

Primary discussion forum. Also, feel free this use as a hangout for fans of the funny non-story based comics.

Moderator: Mod Squad

Re: Favourite Cartoons

Postby Jingle Males » Mon Sep 24, 2012 8:53 pm

Kid: Dexter's Lab, Animaniacs, Rocko's Modern life, Looney Tunes, Hey Arnold,
Teen: Simpsons, Cowbow Bebop, Mission Hill, Oblongs, SWAT KATS
Now: Metalocalpyse, Home Movies, Archer, King Of the hill, Futurama, Black Dynamite, Boondocks, Regular Show
LEMON JELLY LEMON JELLY LEMON JELLY LEMON JELLY
fool my bullets are made of suns

Postby BobSagat » Mon Sep 24, 2012 10:51 pm

Fuck, I forgot to mention Simpsons.

So good in the 90s.
ImageImageImageImageImage
2pro

Postby Birdofterror » Tue Sep 25, 2012 5:50 pm

Male Brooks wrote:King Of the hill, Futurama

How the hell could I forget those?! King of the hill is a subtle masterpiece, and Futurama has been cancelled so many times I keep forgetting it exists.
"It's such a fine line between clever and stupid."

The Chronometal Wars, a fan-fiction taking place in the PPGD Universe. Catastrophe is the only certainty.
Bird oft Error

Postby Grey » Tue Sep 25, 2012 8:39 pm

BobSagat wrote:Fuck, I forgot to mention Simpsons.

So good in the 90s.
i still watch classic simpsons to this day and find something new to laugh at every time

same goes for king of the hill at its best
Suave Brit

Sexiness: Godlike

Postby Skull-Boy666 » Wed Dec 19, 2012 6:43 pm

I posted a long-winded whine-fest about a cartoon I hate, so now I'm making up for it with something positive... I'd have to say my favorite cartoons from when I was a kid were "Samurai Jack", "Beast Wars" and "The Tick". I also liked the classics like "Animatiacs", "Tiny Toons" and "Freakazoid" (anything Spielberg produced really) but those where what I most often watched.

Now, I can safely say my favorites are "Ed Edd 'n Eddy", "Adventure Time" and "Gumball", as well as "Billy 'n Mandy", "Flapjack" and "Chowder" I love going for the stuff that's a little odd and different... Man, I wish Flapjack and Chowder ran longer, but Adventure Time kinda feels like a fusion of both.

Two really obscure ones I love though, are "Space Goofs" and "Oggy and the Cockroaches"
I'm in your house, touching your stuff

Postby Guardian » Wed Dec 19, 2012 7:46 pm

Ahh, Ed Edd 'n Eddy. Good show.
“Salvation comes with a cost. Judge us not by our methods, but by what we seek to accomplish.”

"To punish and enslave..."
Semper Vigilans

Postby Grey » Wed Dec 19, 2012 9:14 pm

i originally thought adventure time was very "meh", but then i saw some of the episodes that set the scene for the world they live in.

once i realised that they lived in a post-apocalyptic world whose inhabitants are almost all mutated humans, i saw it in a new light.
Suave Brit

Postby Creppy Eggy » Wed Dec 19, 2012 9:21 pm

Now this is my topic! I've seen so many cartoons, so this will be kinda easy:
Childhood: Samurai Jack (All time favorite), Ed Edd 'n Eddy, Courage the Cowardly Dog, KND, PPG, Grim Tales of Billy and Mandy, Invader Zim, Ren and Stimpy, Rugrats, Danny Phantom, Sponge Bob (back then, not now) Kim Possible (one of my favorite Disney shows!) etc.!
Now: Adventure Time, Regular Show, Gravity Falls, aanndd... that's it. Yeah, new generation cartoons isn't my thing.
So... yeah, bring back the oldies!
As I saw the creature, I was as white as an egg. I was so scared I might crack from fear. As the humanoid began to lunge after me, I was walking on egg shells from how scared I was. It grabbed me, took me to its station, and cracked me open. The last thing I saw were my yellow insides cooked on a pan. Human nature is as evil as a rotten egg.

Stuff: Exodis is funnier than people give him credit for.
The Intergalactic Huevo

Postby Guardian » Thu Dec 20, 2012 12:12 am

Or not. I seriously like having fond memories of my childhood and the things that influence them. I don't need remakes scarring them, like the first GI Joe movie.
“Salvation comes with a cost. Judge us not by our methods, but by what we seek to accomplish.”

Semper Vigilans

Postby Creppy Eggy » Thu Dec 20, 2012 3:08 am

Not remakes, but bringing them back just for some nostalgic feelings, like Cartoon Network's Cartoon Block. The hour special shows old shows from back then, like Dexter's Library or KND. I hate the remakes, especially TMNT... the new TMNT BLOWS!! Thundercats remake is decent, it's much darker than the original but decent. And... that-that's all I got.
As I saw the creature, I was as white as an egg. I was so scared I might crack from fear. As the humanoid began to lunge after me, I was walking on egg shells from how scared I was. It grabbed me, took me to its station, and cracked me open. The last thing I saw were my yellow insides cooked on a pan. Human nature is as evil as a rotten egg.

The Intergalactic Huevo

Postby Guardian » Thu Dec 20, 2012 10:43 am

I really enjoyed the Thundercats remake. They blew    through finding those crystals though. There one left if I remember right.   

Semper Vigilans

Postby Whatis6times9 » Thu Dec 20, 2012 12:05 pm

Grey wrote:i originally thought adventure time was very "meh", but then i saw some of the episodes that set the scene for the world they live in.

once i realised that they lived in a post-apocalyptic world whose inhabitants are almost all mutated humans, i saw it in a new light.

Yeah, the episode "I Remember You" really swung my opinion on the show.
ButtStuff: I love you, too.
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Creppy Eggy » Thu Dec 20, 2012 6:40 pm

Yeah, Adventure Time talks a lot about a "Mushroom War" that took place many years before the show. Mushroom War=Tons of nukes exploded... Mushroom=Mushroom cloud from a nuke... just wanted to clear that up... yeah.

The Intergalactic Huevo

Postby Grey » Thu Dec 20, 2012 9:25 pm

the first two episodes of the latest season delve quite deeply into the world they live in, suggesting that the evil lich they fight came about as a direct result of the first impact of one of those crazy nukes they were droppin'. Finn wishes for the lich to have never existed and he's transported to a world that has no candy people and is full of actual humans, all because the bomb never went off.

shit actually goes pretty deep, and that really surprised me and turned me into a legit fan.

plus their sense of comedic timing is fantastic. i love how every episode ends so abruptly.
Suave Brit

Postby Creppy Eggy » Thu Dec 20, 2012 9:48 pm

This was actually the first ever Adventure Time episode I saw. After that, I got extremely hooked!

The Intergalactic Huevo

Postby NoHandlebarsAttached » Mon Jan 07, 2013 12:39 am

Ed, Edd & Eddy, Billy and Mandy, South Park, and Family Guy.
Gib mir BENZIN!
Atheist Absol

Previous

Return to Snafu General Discussion