Mechwarrior Online

100% GAMES! Use this forum to discuss any game in any context and to organize get-togethers, guilds, and tournaments with your fellow Snafu posters.

Moderator: Mod Squad

Mechwarrior Online

Postby Onizaru » Wed Nov 21, 2012 3:42 am

I have been playing this game a lot lately. It is in open beta and very teamwork based for those completely unfamiliar. Let me know if anyone else plays so we can group up sometime.

http://mwomercs.com

Re: Mechwarrior Online

Postby Asmodai » Wed Nov 21, 2012 5:05 pm

I recently upgraded my computer, so I could play this with more that 20FPS.... but now I'm having massive lag issues. This game is very EU unfriendly

Got three mechs so far:

HBK-4SP (seriously, best Hunchback of all, since it isn't gimped by all the fact that all the weapons are in the right shoulder, like with the other Hunchbacks)
Loadout:
Double Heat Sinks
2x Medium Pulse Lasers
1x Large Laser
2x Streak SRMS 2

CN9-A (my zombie mech, since the weapons are concentrated in the torso)
loadout:
Endo Steel
Double Heat Sinks
2x Medium Pulse Laser
3x Streak SRMS 2

AWS-9M (Sniper)
Loadout:
XL engine
3x ERPPC
1x Medium Laser
1x Small laser
Mephobiac

Postby Onizaru » Thu Nov 22, 2012 7:26 pm

I have a Jenner with endo, FF, and 2x sinks.
4x Medium Pulse Lasers.
jump jets

Working on my New Cataphract 4x

I play with mostly EU guys on teamspeak. They always complain about lag.

Postby Asmodai » Fri Nov 23, 2012 8:05 am

You should feel ashamed for using such a broken mech... Lag really is an issue, and once a mech goes faster than 100kp/h, they get what is referred to as a "lag shield" making them exceptionally difficult to hit.
Not quite sure why you'd use FF, since that makes repairs very costly, and you barely get any improvement.

You have to lead Jenners so much, and with the way weapon convergence works, it makes hitting them with ballistic weapons nearly impossible.
Thankfully they buffed SSRMs, so my Cent and Hunch can at least use those (which have a 100% hit chance, even with the lag).
Mephobiac

Postby Onizaru » Wed Nov 28, 2012 5:30 am

It seems they have made some improvement to their brokenness. I am getting fraged more often. I like moving fast. My outlook has always been that positioning is the #1 most important battle tactic. When the flea comes out I will probably switch to it. 20 tons of death.

FF does indeed cost more money to repair and while the improvements are minor, they are improvements.

Postby Asmodai » Wed Nov 28, 2012 8:54 am

They "fixed" Streak SRMs in the Cataphract patch, now making them deal their full damage and hitting 100% of the time (unless there's something in the way)

They're scoutkillers
Mephobiac

Postby Remni » Thu Nov 29, 2012 1:46 pm

I cant wait to get into the game myself. With my normal PC not being usable at the moment (no room in the house per the new baby) I'm stuck on a laptop which barely runs League as it is.
My Steam - Xbox GamerTag: TheSweedishChef
Shameless league stuff!
Fortunately Unfortunate

Postby Onizaru » Thu Nov 29, 2012 10:18 pm

I think most of my problem is that I can't find people to work with like when I first started. When I started out we had 8 man teams dropping in together all on headsets and we rarely lost and I rarely died. Now I find people from the same place and they seem less receptive to teamwork in a 4 man set up. I think there is better oppourtunity for teamwork in 4 man teams but it doesn't seem to be working. I'm not willing to put in the effort to sign up with a lance and work with them at scheduled times and that kind of bullcrap just to play a decent game. It kind of sucks that I end up playing it that way. However this is not (yet) the games fault.

Postby Skull-Boy666 » Wed Dec 19, 2012 6:34 pm

Okay, that game looks freakin' amazing! It looks like Steel Battalion: Heavy Armor... only without Motion controls, so it's instantaneously better! Nah, looks more like it's for the Armored Core crowd, and I'm totally in favor of that, I might just download this Beta to see how it plays, looks epic.
I'm in your house, touching your stuff

Return to Snafu Gaming