New Grim Tales Comic: "She watches the Watchmen"

Discuss new comics, posts, and news directly from the Snafu-Comics main page!

Moderator: Mod Squad

Postby SnafuBot » Sun Dec 16, 2012 8:34 am

Go check out the new Grim Tales comic!

Re: New Grim Tales Comic:

Postby Darkingdomhearts » Sun Dec 16, 2012 9:31 am

Instead of saying OMG Dexter appears I say OMG the army from Sheep in the Big City haha. But interesting that she also had powers as human.
CHECK OUT THE SNAFU COMICS WIKI

Postby achthenuts » Sun Dec 16, 2012 9:51 am

Darkingdomhearts wrote:Instead of saying OMG Dexter appears I say OMG the army from Sheep in the Big City haha. But interesting that she also had powers as human.

Indeed lulz.
I heard you don't accept god
I don't accept fandom/shipping/mary-sue
This is not EVERY users.

Postby shadownerd221 » Sun Dec 16, 2012 10:02 am

So Mimi can see into the future to detect crime? Pretty awesome. Good to see Dexter again as well. Along with the general and soldier from Sheep in the Big City.

Postby gazfan » Sun Dec 16, 2012 1:33 pm

What the hell did Dexter do to himself
" it's judgment day "

~ gaz

Postby Brandun13 » Sun Dec 16, 2012 1:58 pm

dexter looks freakin awesome. i like tht mimi had powers too before she became a devil.
Thirteen

Postby Exodis » Sun Dec 16, 2012 2:59 pm

Huh, this whole strip is just like the movie Minority Report, rather than everyday criminals it's actually evil super powered villains... huh, this looks interesting.
I will persevere, I will resist to hear, I will interfere.

Stuff: Exodis is funnier than people give him credit for.
The Intergalactic Fighter

Postby kidwakanda » Sun Dec 16, 2012 3:57 pm

So possibly in the end him somehow tricks mimis' powers in a way so that he could execute his plan in a quick and violent coup
Forever ends when no one can see it.

Postby CallMeD. » Sun Dec 16, 2012 6:14 pm

It goes without saying, that Mimi was possibly the greatest hope of mankind & quite possibly the greatest downfall. Her powers sound like more of a curse than a gift to me, & it is likely that their decision to utilize them as they did, ultimately may have led them to being wiped out. I eagerly await to see what is to follow.

Postby TheLast1talking » Sun Dec 16, 2012 7:00 pm

anyone else think that dexter started working with dibs dad i mean he looks alot like him right now?
I am Schizophrenic I have 3 other voices in my head and i enjoy their company very much.
1 good thing about it u always have someone to talk too.
2 thing is also make good for writing stories gives a lot of.... ideas
Also love play RTS's like starcraft 2.
and Yu-Gi-Oh on duel network if your ever on those add me if u want just message me.

Postby Guardian » Sun Dec 16, 2012 7:39 pm

Its over 9000 quote.

CallMeD. wrote:It goes without saying, that Mimi was possibly the greatest hope of mankind & quite possibly the greatest downfall. Her powers sound like more of a curse than a gift to me, & it is likely that their decision to utilize them as they did, ultimately may have led them to being wiped out. I eagerly await to see what is to follow.

Expound for me.
“Salvation comes with a cost. Judge us not by our methods, but by what we seek to accomplish.”

"To punish and enslave..."
Semper Vigilans

Postby CallMeD. » Sun Dec 16, 2012 9:25 pm

Taking into account the series of events depicted in each flashback, we can piece together a vague estimation of the events that took place prior to the current timeline of the story. Mimi's power, which exhibits tremenduos foresight & accuracy to the threat of extremely dangerous entitys of unimaginable power; is not something to be wielded haphazardly or taken for granted. The very thought of the military's involvement, would be a sign of warning to any reader; especially given the past of the General, I'd say the outlook would be grim. I could go on, but I think I'll sit back & let everyone else theorize for now.

Postby Guardian » Mon Dec 17, 2012 1:37 am

I don't see a disadvantage of having foresight into battles. Nor can we say that it was the result of the destruction of at least Megaville, directly or indirectly.

Explain to me why it would be a disadvantage, that's what I want to know.
“Salvation comes with a cost. Judge us not by our methods, but by what we seek to accomplish.”

Semper Vigilans

Postby CallMeD. » Mon Dec 17, 2012 2:47 am

It is not my intention to confuse you via my opinions. So, I'll try to keep it simple. They are basing their plans of attack on the premonitions of a child with extraordinary powers. But there is always 1 element that remains flawed no matter how you try to compensate, & that is human. If she could have prevented the fall of Megaville, the deaths of those she cared for, & her own innocence; then this system they are using would have been flawless. But they ultimately lose in the end. Thus, evil either found a way to beat them at their own game, or they were betrayed by someone involved in the system that was their undoing.

Postby Deadpool94 » Mon Dec 17, 2012 2:53 am

Ok something's wrong, I can't view the comic but I can view this. I'm kinda sad now. :'(
Ya know why I love the Internet? Cause its just like me.
Vulgar, combative and contradictory?
Overflowing with perversion and stupidity?!
Yes and yes. -All three Deadpool
Sniff Ah I love the smell of pancakes in the morning.

Postby Brandun13 » Mon Dec 17, 2012 8:43 am

hey what happened to angel and this comic??!1!1 :'( i cant find them!!!
Thirteen

Postby Legendfluff » Mon Dec 17, 2012 11:35 am

Why is there only 'Angel' as the last page?

New Grim Tales Comic: "Angel"
12:00 AM Monday, December 17, 2012

Last one I can see, can't see this "She watches the Watchmen"

Postby CallMeD. » Mon Dec 17, 2012 3:38 pm

They are working out some technical issues, so things with be up & running eventually. Just be patient for the time being. Bleedman has posted the latest pages on his deviant art page in lieu of the current state of things.

Postby Guardian » Mon Dec 17, 2012 8:24 pm

You'll end up repeating that about five more times for it to sink in.

Semper Vigilans

Postby Deadpool94 » Tue Dec 18, 2012 1:43 am

Blood Lord wrote:You'll end up repeating that about five more times for it to sink in.

Yeah, I guess I started all that, sorry. I didn't mean to though. They just kinda follow along I guess.
Ya know why I love the Internet? Cause its just like me.
Vulgar, combative and contradictory?
Overflowing with perversion and stupidity?!
Yes and yes. -All three Deadpool
Sniff Ah I love the smell of pancakes in the morning.

Postby Guardian » Tue Dec 18, 2012 2:30 am

CallMeD. wrote:It is not my intention to confuse you via my opinions. So, I'll try to keep it simple.

I do not know if I should be amused or insulted at this statement.

I was not targeting the even, nor the comic itself, but asking for a clarification of why you think a precognitive abilities are more of a curse then a blessing. I don't care about what is going on in the comic, but on your perspective of the power. I don't think it is easy to deceive people with this power, unless you know how far they can look or play them into a trap that they can't see.

As for what you have said, again, allow me to simplify. You are saying that Mimi's abilities and while they are amplified by "Angel" (the device), could have lured the heroes into a false sense of security and created the opening for them to be destroyed OR be deceived, thus also allowing them to be destroyed. Yes, I see where you are coming with that. Mimi could have been given false information and perceived a theoretical future, and being blinded to the real one. I would have imagined that you could orchestrate false events, or diversions and lead the heroes away from the city, and then strike at Mimi.

Connor Kenway wrote:
Blood Lord wrote:You'll end up repeating that about five more times for it to sink in.

Yeah, I guess I started all that, sorry. I didn't mean to though. They just kinda follow along I guess.

My comment was directed to Call. Don't worry though, you didn't do anything. Its funny and pretty damn irritating after a while to see people ignore posted things and just post the exact same thing.

Semper Vigilans

Postby CallMeD. » Tue Dec 18, 2012 3:28 am

I apologize if I failed to clarify the meaning of my words when I spoke of her powers being more of a curse than a blessing. Powers such as hers are indeed a rarity to say the least. Yet to be so unique at such a young age, & to be sought after for a far greater purpose than simply maturing as a mere child would. We have myths & tails of such individuals, possesing the gift of foresight, who were plagued by humanity & had to suffer for these gifts. Her life would have been anything but easy; although it surely left minor scars compared to the time she spent in the company of her father. My opinion is simply that I doubt she found much joy in being exploited for her powers, even though it was intended for good, & would have probably been happier not being so unique.

Postby CallMeD. » Tue Dec 18, 2012 4:44 am

Ehem... it looks as though I misplace the end of that sentence. I had it one second & one edit later it was gone. My bad. Any way, what I meant to say was, ...to be sought after for a far greater purpose than simply maturing as a mere child would normally do, is putting a great weight on her shoulders, & for any child such a burden can be more overwhelming than what they are able to handle.

Postby Archrival » Tue Dec 18, 2012 8:05 am

Don't double post if you please, if you want to make additions to your previous post just add 'Edit:' followed by whatever you wanna say that way we know it's an addition.
SUPPPAAAHHH

Postby CallMeD. » Tue Dec 18, 2012 3:34 pm

Sorry about that. I unintentionally rushed to correct myself without thinking. On a side note, I wanted to switch my focus from Mimi's powers, & take a longer look at Dexter for a minute. Although he's long moved on from being a boy genius, he's continued to push past the limits of science; even to include his own body it seems. Judging from his dialogue, I'd say he's either gone on to become a cyborg or (for unknown reasons) resorted to wearing a enhanced suit that could be acting as a form of life support. Hopefully, more details will be revealed as the story progresses.

Next

Return to Comic Updates and News!