My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic!

The forum for Bleedman fans! Feel free to discuss other comics and cartoons, as well.

Moderator: Mod Squad

Re: My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic!

Postby Mad-Mutt » Sat Dec 15, 2012 5:19 pm

Mon-Kitsune wrote:
Haruhi5 wrote:i was surprised by Body Builder Pony indeed, but it was pretty funny that he got accepted with such tiny wings

Affirmative action? Actually that could explain why Thunderlane got in as well (with his ganglier than normal build and spiky upright mane, I keep wondering if he may be part zebra   

Mad-Mutt wrote:Holy sh(yay)t! Rainbow Dash    has become a wonderbolt    that's cool.
Actually    she isn't not yet at least. She got promoted to lead pony on the team, but that isn't the same as actually being a fully graduated Wonderbolt. This was a week long training academy; there is no way that is all that is needed to be accepted into the Wonderbolt corps. Not to mention that her becoming an official one would be an episode in and of itself, as Pinkie would have to deal with RD being permanetly gone (being a Wonderbolt is a career, remember; she enters the corps, she leaves Ponyville for good.)   

Mad-Mutt wrote: Yay Meat Head is back! Who do I refer to as Meat Head, watch the episode and take a guess. And if the fandom has already given him a name I was not aware of it.

According to the MLP wiki, his official name is actually Snowflake

Good point, but I don't think she'd need to leave Ponyville for good, just for when they go on tour. I don't know, its a cartoon that isn't too clear on its world building sometimes.

And...
Snowflake!?
That's even better than Meat Head!
Bark

Postby Mon-Kitsune » Sat Dec 15, 2012 6:51 pm

Mad-Mutt wrote:
Mon-Kitsune wrote:
Haruhi5 wrote:i was surprised by Body Builder Pony indeed, but it was pretty funny that he got accepted with such tiny wings

Affirmative action? Actually that could explain why Thunderlane got in as well (with his ganglier than normal build and spiky upright mane, I keep wondering if he may be part zebra   

Mad-Mutt wrote:Holy sh(yay)t! Rainbow Dash    has become a wonderbolt    that's cool.
Actually    she isn't not yet at least. She got promoted to lead pony on the team, but that isn't the same as actually being a fully graduated Wonderbolt. This was a week long training academy; there is no way that is all that is needed to be accepted into the Wonderbolt corps. Not to mention that her becoming an official one would be an episode in and of itself, as Pinkie would have to deal with RD being permanetly gone (being a Wonderbolt is a career, remember; she enters the corps, she leaves Ponyville for good.)   

Mad-Mutt wrote: Yay Meat Head is back! Who do I refer to as Meat Head, watch the episode and take a guess. And if the fandom has already given him a name I was not aware of it.

According to the MLP wiki, his official name is actually Snowflake

Good point, but I don't think she'd need to leave Ponyville for good, just for when they go on tour. I don't know, its a cartoon that isn't too clear on its world building sometimes.

And...
Snowflake!?
That's even better than Meat Head!

It sort of depends on what the Wonderbolts actually do. If they are merely a stunt troupe ala the Blue Angels, then you are right, she could come home between performances. However the amount of authority they seem to have in Equestria (remember Spitfire showing up for the water run wasn't a publicity stunt, Celestia had SENT her to oversee) and the nature of thier training regimen leads me to think that in actuality, the Wonderbolts are the Equestrian Air Force (or at least an elite unit within that orginization, with powers and duties WAAY beyond merely perfoming) If that is the case, the "tour" RD would be going on would be more along the lines of a tour of duty, so she'd be gone for years at a time, possibly even permanently (if it is really elite, member may be more or less on active duty all the time until they retire (we've seen Spitfire at parties in Equestria, but she is obviosly an officer, and so a little freer time wise)
"For I have heard the Song of War, and to me, it sounds just like "Please, Mister Custer.""

Cogito Ergot Sum, "I think there is something wrong with this rye bread." (Aplogies to Seafrol.)

Postby Mad-Mutt » Sat Dec 15, 2012 9:53 pm

Did you know Fluttershy can rap... and likes it when you pay for her dry cleaning?:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jJOpBszz-eo

And... In my search to get a quick good laugh I decided to look for videos of Twilight Sparkle saying Princess Clara lines (both were voiced by Tara Strong, but I'm sure you already knew that) I was disappointed to find that there weren't a whole lot and most of them were only a few seconds long. Here are my favorites that I found at least:
Warning: Naughty Language...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n2SYwM9t478
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ryvGE_4LIoQ
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=stgl48qApCo
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pj_PwN6LLX0
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FGIt_UftXSQ
Bark

Postby Kusang_Manalo » Sun Dec 16, 2012 12:14 am

Quick Trivia:

In this part of the scene link, you see that Pink pony with blond hair? That's supposed to be Sibsy's Wildfire (I saw the build and everything). Now for some odd reason, Hasbro decided to change her color into this...pink pony. What's up with that?
"Screw the social dogma of the intended demographic. If the show is for little girls then that makes me a bitch." - PanPizza
Not-an-animator

Postby BossyGirl » Sun Dec 16, 2012 1:47 am

oh god the humor in this show o.O
~ count them forsaken ~
Obsessed with the mess that's America

Postby Saint Soul » Sun Dec 16, 2012 8:07 am

"Small muscles, big brain, the heart of a lion."
—Anthony DiNozzo on Timothy McGee
User formaly known as Soulchild

Postby punzil504 » Sun Dec 16, 2012 2:13 pm

Marquis de Soth wrote:   Personally, I'm glad that there was no Derpy. What made her charming was that she was a background character. I enjoyed the speaking role that she got last season but I think making her semi-regular rather than an easter egg lessens her somewhat.   

I wouldn't complain if she went back to being an easter egg again. That was always part of the fun.

An interesting note... Applejack is the only pony to have a speaking appearance in all of the Season 3 episodes so far, and it continues through at least episode 9. Even Twilight was absent from "Sleepless."   
Still preoccupied with 1985

Postby BossyGirl » Sun Dec 16, 2012 4:38 pm

AppleJack is darn tootin' cute. (woah wat)
~ count them forsaken ~

Postby Mr. Sefrol » Sun Dec 16, 2012 4:46 pm

Welcome BossyGirl. I don't recall you posting in the thread before, so I bid my welcomes to you.

Also, for this episode after    RD asked why she wasn't lead pony I thought it was going to lead into Lightning Dust proving she was better than RD and we were going to learn about Jealousy not getting the best of us. Went in a totally different direction then I thought. Lightning Dust becoming sort of a prick kind of disappointed me. She was a really cool character at the beginning.   
"Cogito, ergo es eggo." A.K.A. "I think, therefore you are a waffle."
An Optimist

Postby Grieffon » Sun Dec 16, 2012 5:59 pm

Welcome from me too, BossyGirl

Mr. Sefrol wrote:Also, for this episode after    RD asked why she wasn't lead pony I thought it was going to lead into Lightning Dust proving she was better than RD and we were going to learn about Jealousy not getting the best of us. Went in a totally different direction then I thought. Lightning Dust becoming sort of a prick kind of disappointed me. She was a really cool character at the beginning.   

"Sort of a prick" was exactly how Rainbow Dash was. Lightning Dust is there as a former Rainbow Dash to emphasize how much she has changed. If this was the Rainbow Dash prior to Fall Weather Friends, she probably would have used the sonic rainboom to make sure Lightning Dust can't compete, even at the cost of wiping out every other pegasus with the shockwave.   

Postby Mad-Mutt » Sun Dec 16, 2012 6:27 pm

Grieffon wrote:Welcome from me too, BossyGirl

Mr. Sefrol wrote:Also, for this episode after    RD asked why she wasn't lead pony I thought it was going to lead into Lightning Dust proving she was better than RD and we were going to learn about Jealousy not getting the best of us. Went in a totally different direction then I thought. Lightning Dust becoming sort of a prick kind of disappointed me. She was a really cool character at the beginning.   

"Sort of a prick" was exactly how Rainbow Dash was. Lightning Dust is there as a former Rainbow Dash to emphasize how much she has changed. If this was the Rainbow Dash prior to Fall Weather Friends, she probably would have used the sonic rainboom to make sure Lightning Dust can't compete, even at the cost of wiping out every other pegasus with the shockwave.   

As much as I love RD I still acknowledge she's a lot more mature than she was at the beginning, I still remember how she used to hate Pinkie and avoid her like the plague, now they're best buddies. Especially in this last episode. RD has grown up quite a bit and its nice to see that.
Bark

Postby True Order » Sun Dec 16, 2012 6:39 pm

I now know what is missing. Simple yet significant.

A pony that can easily be lost among a crowd, noticeable by few.

But she has a kind of unique beauty. Natural and passionate.

It's Roseluck!

I am satisfied by this. For now.
"Finish what you started human!" - Kamaji from Spirited Away
Overthinker

Postby Mad-Mutt » Sun Dec 16, 2012 6:55 pm

As long as we're posting our favorite background ponies (other then Derpy) here's Screwball:
Image Holy Crap!
And I leave you with a Dawww moment.
Bark

Postby Lady Haru » Sun Dec 16, 2012 8:12 pm

the holidays can be so nice~
ImageImage
Tumblr 1 // Tumblr 2 // Facebook // Dreadful Comics
Alopunk - Haru, you are 200% a cutie patootie
Your Queen Your God

Postby Mr. Sefrol » Mon Dec 17, 2012 4:39 am

lol, Opalescence in the tree.

So, aside from Derpy, I'd say my favorite background pony is Cloudchaser.

Seen a couple "CC likes Trixie" pics, and I like.

... I had a few I had saved up...
An Optimist

Postby Grieffon » Mon Dec 17, 2012 10:35 am

As Kusang mentioned, Wild Fire was originally in the episode, but for some reason (perhaps to prevent copyright issues) her color and cutie mark got edited. However, they still missed a few spot: link

And here's some mind-blowing trivial: Lightning Dust was originally A FAN OC, the daughter of Rainbow Dash and Spitfire. Read about how Lightning Dust came to be here, it's quite an interesting story.

There was yet another OC that appeared in the episode, Midnight Strike. Ridd Sorensen (art director) revealed her name earlier, and it turned out that she is his daughter's OC.

Postby Lady Haru » Mon Dec 17, 2012 2:52 pm

Kusang_Manalo wrote:In this part of the scene link, you see that Pink pony with blond hair? That's supposed to be Sibsy's Wildfire (I saw the build and everything). Now for some odd reason, Hasbro decided to change her color into this...pink pony. What's up with that?

Grieffon wrote:As Kusang mentioned, Wild Fire was originally in the episode, but for some reason (perhaps to prevent copyright issues) her color and cutie mark got edited. However, they still missed a few spot: link

i don't think that the pink pony was meant to in any way be connected to Wildfire
i mean, what would be the point? Wildfire HAS appeared in a previous episode

Grieffon wrote:And here's some mind-blowing trivial: Lightning Dust was originally A FAN OC, the daughter of Rainbow Dash and Spitfire. Read about how Lightning Dust came to be here, it's quite an interesting story.

if you look at the comments from this, it seems it's actually false
ImageImage
Tumblr 1 // Tumblr 2 // Facebook // Dreadful Comics
Alopunk - Haru, you are 200% a cutie patootie
Your Queen Your God

Postby Grieffon » Mon Dec 17, 2012 4:29 pm

That pink pony was definitely Wild Fire. Sibsy knows why she was edited, but she can't talk about it.

As for the story, it seems the guy who posted it was tricked as well. To be fair, it sounds quite real.

Postby Mr. Sefrol » Mon Dec 17, 2012 5:02 pm

Hey, look what I found for the holiday season :D

http://www.thinkgeek.com/product/f00d/
An Optimist

Postby BossyGirl » Mon Dec 17, 2012 9:25 pm

wow... this column is making me feel ... all kinds of girly again.
~ count them forsaken ~

Postby Mr. Sefrol » Mon Dec 17, 2012 10:34 pm

Don't know if that's a supposed to be a good thing or a bad thing?
An Optimist

Postby BossyGirl » Mon Dec 17, 2012 11:25 pm

for some a good thing, for some a bad thing. :devil: and thank you for the warm re-welcome you cute peeps~ :rock:
~ count them forsaken ~

Postby Mr. Sefrol » Tue Dec 18, 2012 3:09 am

Here's a basket full of what for you guys.

http://fc07.deviantart.net/fs70/f/2012/ ... 5f564i.png
An Optimist

Postby Grieffon » Tue Dec 18, 2012 2:30 pm

Postby Mr. Sefrol » Tue Dec 18, 2012 3:58 pm

An Optimist

PreviousNext

Return to Bleed Forum (Comics and Animation)