Stuff: An Unexpected Journey.

A Free And Independent Scotland.

Moderator: Mod Squad

Stuff: An Unexpected Journey.

Postby Princess » Fri Dec 14, 2012 4:35 am

Thar be no spoilers.

I went to see The Hobbit at midnight. And my dumb ass doesn't have a phone charger, and the place i went to see the movie is an hour from my new place. I know the area and such, but not so much as to getting back to my house. So, I’m using my phone GPS to get back home. Attempting to memorize the directions in case my phone dies. I memorized the directions, alright. But as I’m driving down this road, the phone dies. I keep driving, cause it said 17 miles until this turn. I never saw the turn. I definitely passed it, but luckily the road I was on took me to a highway that takes me directly to my house.
I was pooping myself that entire ride. I’ve never been so happy to see my bed.

But, The Hobbit was amazing. I’m so glad I finished the book when I did because I knew exactly what was going on and it pretty much was exactly like the book. If they fuck up part 2 and 3, there will be hell to pay.

Also, Smaug has a sexy eye. Just sayin’. (ilu Benedict Cumberbatch~ I can’t wait to hear your wonderful voice! …even though I technically did during the Star Trek trailer. Which holy shit my panties are soaked.)

Also, god dammit Gollum is creepily adorable. …until he gets mad. And I’m so happy they kept the boat!!!
Tuor: You foolish fools, no one can tame the stuffaluffagus!
Oct 31, 2014 at 4:23 pm EST, sempai finally noticed me.
Snafu Mods Suck Slightly Less 2k14
All Men Must Die
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Re: Stuff: An Unexpected Journey.

Postby Hiryu » Fri Dec 14, 2012 6:58 am

Oh, it's already here. Guess I'll watch it next week.
But not on 3D, I don't trust the movie theater.
Snafu Mods Suck 2k14.
GET A LOAD OF THIS
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Q.U. » Fri Dec 14, 2012 7:09 am

So you went to watch a movie all by yourself?

I can't even remember the last time I went to a cinema alone.
This post is intended for information only. Please do not reply to this message as responses cannot be read or acknowledged due to the stupidity of the user.

Postby Vegedus » Fri Dec 14, 2012 7:16 am

Which is silly. It's freaking annoying that I can watch movies alone on my computer just fine, but if I go to the cinema, I have to bring some people to share the darkness and silence with or I'll feel like a outcast. Probably won't be want for people to watch this movie with, but still.
Will make apocalypse themed fiction for food

Postby Q.U. » Fri Dec 14, 2012 7:28 am

I think the reason why I don't go alone is because I just can't be bothered to, I'm just fine watching stuff at home.

The only times I do go out is when I'm pestered to. Normally for me it's just an evening out for coffee and chitchat because that's mostly what she's there for. The movie is an extra that we usually choose from the few lame choices on the spot. Not like there's ever anything good in the cinemas around here. And even if there is, it usually comes up half a year after the first première in the US, at which point I have most likely already watched it on my computer.
This post is intended for information only. Please do not reply to this message as responses cannot be read or acknowledged due to the stupidity of the user.

Postby Tuor » Fri Dec 14, 2012 7:41 am

I've been hearing quite conflicted reports about The Hobbit, I'm kinda apprehensive about seeing it now.
"Suddenly Frodo noticed that a strange-looking weather-beaten man, sitting in the shadows near the wall, was also listening intently to the hobbit-talk. He had a tall tankard in front of him, and was smoking a long-stemmed pipe curiously carved. His legs were stretched out before him, showing high boots of supple leather that fitted him well, but had seen much wear and were now caked with mud. A travel-stained cloak of heavy dark-green cloth was drawn close about him, and in spite of the heat of the room he wore a hood that overshadowed his face; but the gleam of his eyes could be seen as he watched the hobbits."
Rest Easy Ethan

Postby Mathias » Fri Dec 14, 2012 9:24 am

I have no interest in this movie, but I was invited to see it, so I will tag along.

Postby Asmodai » Fri Dec 14, 2012 9:51 am

I'm too lazy to go to the cinema, too much effort for something I might as well wait a few months for till bluray release

I do find it weird that going to the cinema alone is considered odd... why is that? It's not like I'm going to be talking to my friends during the movie, that'd just be rude.
Mephobiac

Postby Vegedus » Fri Dec 14, 2012 10:13 am

It's some basic human nature thing. Something about humans being herd animals and our ability to socialize being an important part of our status. Being spotted at a "herd activity" without a herd makes people, on a subconscious level, assume you're a loser. It's the same thing for a lot of other things. I went to a restaurant alone once, because I was in the city, I was hungry, and I felt like something else than junk food for a change... And it was weeeeeird.

Q.U. wrote:I think the reason why I don't go alone is because I just can't be bothered to, I'm just fine watching stuff at home.

The only times I do go out is when I'm pestered to. Normally for me it's just an evening out for coffee and chitchat because that's mostly what she's there for. The movie is an extra that we usually choose from the few lame choices on the spot. Not like there's ever anything good in the cinemas around here. And even if there is, it usually comes up half a year after the first première in the US, at which point I have most likely already watched it on my computer.

Well, yeah, it does depend on what reasons you have for going to the movies in the first place. I do like going with my mates to the cinema and hang out afterwards, drink and such. But sometimes there's just a particular movie which is all about the audio-visual experience and I just want to see it on a big screen dammit, but it's something like Scott Pilgrim that I can't get anyone to see with me and blarg.

Postby Marquis de Soth » Fri Dec 14, 2012 1:44 pm

I'll be seeing it tomorrow with some med school buds.
Marquis de Soth

Postby Princess » Fri Dec 14, 2012 2:51 pm

I went with friends, but I drove home alone.

There were certain things in The Hobbit, like they added more to a character who really did nothing in the book.    The white orc, Azog. I mean, he did kill Thorin's grandfather but he didn't have THAT big of a part...    But it wasn't bad. I know they changed/added things in LotR's, but I haven't gotten to the books yet to see HOW much. Even though, I know it's a lot.

Also, they kept in a lot of the songs. Which made me VERY happy.

And the riddle scene? PERFECTION.

Also, looks like Benedict Cumberbatch got credit in the movie. For a growl. HAHA!   
All Men Must Die
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Princess » Fri Dec 14, 2012 3:19 pm

Also, I'm pretty sure Azog is dead at this point?   
All Men Must Die
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Mathias » Fri Dec 14, 2012 4:07 pm

Vegedus wrote:It's some basic human nature thing. Something about humans being herd animals and our ability to socialize being an important part of our status. Being spotted at a "herd activity" without a herd makes people, on a subconscious level, assume you're a loser. It's the same thing for a lot of other things. I went to a restaurant alone once, because I was in the city, I was hungry, and I felt like something else than junk food for a change... And it was weeeeeird.

I go to every movie alone. :'(

Postby Tuor » Fri Dec 14, 2012 5:25 pm

Princess Stuff wrote:   Also, I'm pretty sure Azog is dead at this point?   

Yes, he should be at least. His death was a turning point in the War of Dwarves and Orcs. He should have been dead for about 100 years by the time the events of The Hobbit take place   
"Suddenly Frodo noticed that a strange-looking weather-beaten man, sitting in the shadows near the wall, was also listening intently to the hobbit-talk. He had a tall tankard in front of him, and was smoking a long-stemmed pipe curiously carved. His legs were stretched out before him, showing high boots of supple leather that fitted him well, but had seen much wear and were now caked with mud. A travel-stained cloak of heavy dark-green cloth was drawn close about him, and in spite of the heat of the room he wore a hood that overshadowed his face; but the gleam of his eyes could be seen as he watched the hobbits."
Rest Easy Ethan

Postby Fummoffu » Fri Dec 14, 2012 6:31 pm

Ha Ha
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Grey » Fri Dec 14, 2012 7:39 pm

Vegedus wrote:It's some basic human nature thing. Something about humans being herd animals and our ability to socialize being an important part of our status. Being spotted at a "herd activity" without a herd makes people, on a subconscious level, assume you're a loser. It's the same thing for a lot of other things. I went to a restaurant alone once, because I was in the city, I was hungry, and I felt like something else than junk food for a change... And it was weeeeeird.
yeah, like being in the pub alone. drinking alone.

all night.

you get some weird looks.
Suave Brit

Sexiness: Godlike

Postby Princess » Fri Dec 14, 2012 8:31 pm

Tuor wrote:
Princess Stuff wrote:   Also, I'm pretty sure Azog is dead at this point?   

Yes, he should be at least. His death was a turning point in the War of Dwarves and Orcs. He should have been dead for about 100 years by the time the events of The Hobbit take place   

Yeah, I thought so. That is one thing I wasn't big on. There's a few other things I'd nitpick on. But it's not that big.    And I liked the Galadriel, Gandalf, Elrond, and Saruman scenes. But that seems an unpopular opinion.   

And I seem to be alone in the Frodo scenes, too. I like they added that in to show it move into the Lord of the Rings movies. If I had a child, niece, or nephew, I think it'd be a nice way to introduce them into it.   
All Men Must Die
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Saint Soul » Fri Dec 14, 2012 11:57 pm

to be honest the only reason im planning to even watch something lotr related is because of Stephen Colbert.
"Small muscles, big brain, the heart of a lion."
—Anthony DiNozzo on Timothy McGee
User formaly known as Soulchild

Postby Vegedus » Sat Dec 15, 2012 12:03 am

Mathias wrote:

I go to every movie alone. :'(

Well, if you don't mind, no problem. Personally, I think way to much about strangers think about me, and can't shake that feeling.

Postby Blood Lord » Sat Dec 15, 2012 12:34 am

Fummofu wrote:Image

I wish we could go back and fix the length of the LoTR movies. Damn you special extended cut edition.

Sir Soulchild wrote:to be honest the only reason im planning to even watch something lotr related is because of Stephen Colbert.

Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Mr. Sefrol » Sat Dec 15, 2012 6:21 am

I was at my game night meet-up earlier, and the guys (that I just finally got back up with thank god) were planning on going to this special viewing later today that's supposed to be some major event that's only gonna be showing 3 times today and only today. They planned all this last week when we all went to Denny's (I had "The Tower" burger that's special for The Hobbit coming out and all... It tasted really good) after last Friday's fight fest. Buuuuuuuuuuuuuut... I'm really swamped today with another get together and then working until midnight... Kind of disappointed I'll miss out on what this special viewing is, but oh well. Still plan on watching the movie on Tuesday.
"Cogito, ergo es eggo." A.K.A. "I think, therefore you are a waffle."
An Optimist

Postby Senel » Sat Dec 15, 2012 8:26 am

Went to the midnight showing. Omahgawd I was really happy with the end result. Despite my friend smoking a blunt hiding in his hoodie next to me for the entire movie I really enjoyed the world building they had done in the movie. I feel like I saw more in this movie than we saw in the other three combined. I still need to read the books but from what I heard a few events confused me.

Isn't the Goblin king supposed to be alive for that large scale war that happens as the base of the mountain later in the book?

Why did these trolls turn to stone but not the trolls 60 years later?

Can someone explain how Glorfindel and other Elves that die come back to life somehow?   

Postby Fummoffu » Sat Dec 15, 2012 9:00 am

@Blood Lord: 3 films for a book I can read in a day. 1 film per book that needed their own individual trilogies.
Ha Ha
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Panty Anarchy » Sat Dec 15, 2012 9:54 am

they're doing one of the earlier drafts of the book, which was almost three times as long.
I am thou... Thou art I... From the sea of thy soul, I come...
Soulchild: u thnk evry thng stupid.
DaCrum: Warbear, why did you suddenly become pretty cool? Stop it.
BR:love is just a boner everyone is looking to fart on warbear
Snafu Mods Suck 2k14(except for me #yoloswag)
Slutty Angel

Postby Marquis de Soth » Sat Dec 15, 2012 4:17 pm

I just came back from the cinema and I really enjoyed the film.

I really enjoyed what they did with a very druidic character and the great scenes he got.   
Marquis de Soth

Next

Return to Central Compton Botanical Gardens