Chronometal RPG

100% GAMES! Use this forum to discuss any game in any context and to organize get-togethers, guilds, and tournaments with your fellow Snafu posters.

Moderator: Mod Squad

Chronometal RPG

Postby Birdofterror » Sun Dec 02, 2012 7:44 pm

(Edit: Here is the link to download the game.)

Anyone who's been paying any semblance of attention to my cavalcades on this forum would probably know that I have a Fanfiction of Bleedman's PPGD and Grim Tales in the literature bracket of the forum that has been going for the better portion of 2-3 years.

I know Mir@k is fluent in RPG Maker, so a thought occurred to me a couple days ago, and I have not been sure whether or not to act on that Impulse.

I'm not really here to promote my story or anything, not that it would be allowed for me to in the first place, but I've been thinking of starting work on a large scale RPG Project creating a Game based off of my story, so I'm here in the Snafu-Gaming Section of the forum to do several things.

1: Although I am extremely fluent in RPG-Maker's game making program, I was wondering if anyone has any other program in mind that could help me in doing this.

2: If and when I am done with the game, or perhaps any demo version of said game, what would I do to bring it online for distribution for other people?

3: Would anyone be interested in playing such a game?
Last edited by Birdofterror on Sat Dec 22, 2012 5:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"It's such a fine line between clever and stupid."

The Chronometal Wars, a fan-fiction taking place in the PPGD Universe. Catastrophe is the only certainty.
Bird oft Error

Re: Chronometal RPG

Postby Blood Lord » Sun Dec 02, 2012 8:37 pm

Can't help too much with 1 and 2, but I can help with 3.
Stufflikehearts - He is a Sith Lord. I love Blood Lord :3
Jeffffey - Blood, you look at the information someone says, look over what really happened, and reply in a way that makes them realize what they were really thinking.
Light10s - Blood Lord! Your avatars are becoming more epic. You make me feel like getting on all fours and submitting my loyalty and obedience to you.
Fievel - Numerous campaigns and conquests, countless bodies decaying after the abandonment of victorious battlefields. Such is the life of Blood Lord.
Dusk_Imp - Blood Lord is like a celebrity here. Everything he does is pure awesome. ALL HAIL BLOOD LORD
Doctress Who - Why couldn't there be a Blood Lord in every forum? It would make life so much easier.
Mercypostle

Postby Birdofterror » Sun Dec 02, 2012 10:24 pm

Ah, I couldn't ask for a better person to boost my confidence in actually doing this. It's a shame that you don't have experience in RPG maker, I could use a few recommendations. But I'm fluent enough to stand on my own.

I'll start working on it as soon as possible, but I still want some pointers from the people here who also have used RPG maker as well. The longest game I have ever made before was just over an hour long, I want this to be at least 5x that.

The Chronometal Wars, a fan-fiction taking place in the PPGD Universe. Catastrophe is the only certainty.
Bird oft Error

Postby Blood Lord » Sun Dec 02, 2012 11:02 pm

PM Mir about it. He did an RPG thing not too long ago... okay a few years ago.
Jeffffey - Blood, you look at the information someone says, look over what really happened, and reply in a way that makes them realize what they were really thinking.
Light10s - Blood Lord! Your avatars are becoming more epic. You make me feel like getting on all fours and submitting my loyalty and obedience to you.
Fievel - Numerous campaigns and conquests, countless bodies decaying after the abandonment of victorious battlefields. Such is the life of Blood Lord.
Dusk_Imp - Blood Lord is like a celebrity here. Everything he does is pure awesome. ALL HAIL BLOOD LORD
Doctress Who - Why couldn't there be a Blood Lord in every forum? It would make life so much easier.
Mercypostle

Postby Birdofterror » Sun Dec 02, 2012 11:19 pm

Birdofterror wrote:I know Mir@k is fluent in RPG Maker, so a thought occurred to me a couple days ago, and I have not been sure whether or not to act on that Impulse.
Blood Lord wrote:PM Mir about it. He did an RPG thing not too long ago... okay a few years ago.
The thought definitely had occurred to me. I'll give this thread a day to see if he wafts in here himself organically, if not I'll ask him about his endeavors.

Bird oft Error

Postby Birdofterror » Thu Dec 13, 2012 7:48 am

Okay, the game is coming along rather nicely. Storyline is lining up and, if I do say so myself, I like to think of the little details I put into things such as a mossy rock and stray puddle are pretty nice.

Only problem is I'm having a hard time finding custom files to import to my game, such as custom tilesets and Robots enemies. RPGMaker, at least the most current version; the one I am using, (VXAce) has a very large lack of modern textures so I'm making due with what I have.

That said I am just about... er...

5% done?

Bird oft Error

Postby Mir@k » Thu Dec 13, 2012 9:27 pm

lol you ignored what i told you
you're off to a great start
24 Karat
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Birdofterror » Thu Dec 13, 2012 11:19 pm

Mir@k wrote:lol you ignored what i told you
you're off to a great start

Sorry, in your defense I did take what you said to heart, but you weren't the only person I asked for help about RPG Maker. I asked a couple other people, including my bro; who introduced me to it.

Almost everyone either said VX Ace directly, or said 'the newest version' which is... you know... VX Ace. Nothing personal. If it's any consolation, the links you sent me to several of the resources are still compatible with VX Ace so I'm still using the site.

Bird oft Error

Postby Birdofterror » Fri Dec 14, 2012 12:50 pm

Okay, got a lot of custom models and textures, so the game is being kicked into high gear! Easily about 7-10% done now.

If anyone here frequents my story, sorry for the lack of updates... I'm sort of working on this game before I continue with the story.

If you do not frequent my story, but are still interested in this game when it is finished; at least try reading it a little; at least up to and finishing chapter 6- where the relevance of the game is most powerful.

Bird oft Error

Postby Blood Lord » Sat Dec 15, 2012 12:58 am

I will attempt such a thing when I have free time.
Mercypostle

Postby Birdofterror » Sat Dec 15, 2012 7:09 am

No rush, I still got a couple months- at least 2-9 (Depending on how lazy I am) until this is done. The game is essentially a prequel, so in theory; you can jump in without even reading the story, but a lot of the relevance to the game is in Chapter 3, 6 and Sub-Chapter 1.

Bird oft Error

Postby Birdofterror » Mon Dec 17, 2012 2:53 pm

Okay then, I have made substantial progress in the game so far. Anywhere between... er, 15-20%?

I've had a couple of IRL people test it out, and they averaged around 1-3 hours up to the end so far. This is probably an off question, but does anyone here know how to convert the game I've made so far into a file that can be downloaded by people? I think now is a sufficient time to host a demo of the game, but I don't really know how to do that. I've never actually hosted my games online before.

Bird oft Error

Postby Birdofterror » Tue Dec 18, 2012 3:18 pm

Okay, with new-found knowledge at at my side, I should be able to host a demo of sorts soon.

Once I touch the dialogue and levels up a bit. I could have it up between 1-2 days from now... assuming of course people want to play such a demo. If the expectation is low I can wait until the game is finished and release it then.

Bird oft Error

Postby Birdofterror » Sat Dec 22, 2012 5:04 pm

Okay, finally grinded all the nitty gritty things out of the game, and had Mir@k test it- bless his heart.

This link is the abridged, much improved version of the game available for download; keep in mind it is still a Demo, and the game does not exist past Level 3.

Here is the link.

If you find any problems with the link- which there shouldn't be, or spot something wrong in the game, such as grammar or punctuation issues, do not hesitate to call them out. It will improve the game. I will also edit the first post to include the link as well.

Please note level 3 is not very tested by anyone other than myself, so if there is a place to dial the criticism up to 11, it's there.

Bird oft Error

Postby Birdofterror » Wed Jan 09, 2013 1:46 pm

I put this on slight Hiatus, working more on the story instead of the game at this point, but I am still working on the game. It's about 50-60% done at this point, so not long now. Just saying this to let people know it's not dead. It's still alive; and growing!

Bird oft Error

Postby Birdofterror » Sun Feb 10, 2013 1:20 am

I'm working hard on the game, now that I have a couple more play testers. I've been grinding away the impurities bit by bit... About 70% done now. Not too much longer.

Well, it could still be a month or two. Everyone who has helped me with the testing so far will get their own little mural in the game to commemorate their help. Thanks to everyone so far. Work on level 4 is really picking up.

Bird oft Error

Postby Birdofterror » Thu Feb 28, 2013 1:03 am

Almost done with the game! If there are any last minute testers that want to take the above links and test this game, it would be greatly appreciated.

The beginning half has been heavily altered (for the better) since its conception, but the ending half has been largely untouched mostly because people haven't even made it there yet.

The game averages about 3 hours beginning to end so far, but there are no side quests, so it's completely linear. The difficulty has been substantially sculpted around the players, so the game is left in a beatable yet difficult state.

About 80-90% done. Just need to work on the last boss(es), some last minute touches and alterations and such.

Bird oft Error

Postby Birdofterror » Thu Apr 04, 2013 5:09 am

I guess I can at least post an Update.

I completed the game UP TO the final encounter(s) and decided to stop for now.

The interest for the game is low, so I'll hold off on it until it increases. If it doesn't increase, no harm no foul- the game isn't released.

So yeah, 95-99% done.

Bird oft Error

Return to Snafu Gaming