RolePlay - Idea Board

As the title suggests, feel free to RP it up.

Moderators: Mod Squad, RP Mod Squad

Re: RolePlay - Idea Board

Postby Blood Lord » Thu Nov 01, 2012 5:22 pm

So... its been a while. do you guys want to see the full Dragon Age RPG, or just a summary?

Postby Asmodai » Fri Nov 02, 2012 12:10 pm

Full of course, no point in withholding any information if you want to sway us to give you a +1
Mephobiac

Postby Blood Lord » Fri Nov 02, 2012 4:20 pm

I could have had it pass the first time just by saying Dragon Age. It will be up nonetheless.

Postby top gear tony » Fri Nov 02, 2012 6:43 pm

A Dragon Age RP. Will I be able to recreate my Ewan Mcgregor lookalike from my game and have him be a raging homo? Yes that is a serious and true question, and if so it's a pre-emptive vote from me.

I have no idea how commas work

Yog: Praise the sun that is Top Gear Tony, a friend to all.
Do I have style points yet

Postby Blood Lord » Fri Nov 02, 2012 8:05 pm

You'll see.

Postby Asmodai » Fri Nov 02, 2012 8:19 pm

Clearly this will need sex in it, since its based on a Bioware game!

BUT WE'RE NOT ALLOWED TO ACTUALLY SEE OR READ ANYTHING ABOUT IT
Mephobiac

Postby Blood Lord » Sat Nov 03, 2012 8:44 pm

This RP is going to be rather large again. Sorry. Looking for ways around it.

Postby Asmodai » Sun Nov 04, 2012 9:00 am

Just post it, who cares if its long? I want as much information about it as possible, not finding out about certain aspects I might not like afterwards.
Mephobiac

Postby Blood Lord » Mon Nov 12, 2012 7:06 pm

Here we go. My goal was to make a Fantasy RPG that all could enjoy, even if they haven't played Dragon Age. Its long, I know. Any ideas to shorten it would be cool.

Dragon Age: Divided Kingdom

General History
Situations
Races
Enemies
Organizations
Locations
Classes
Character Sheets

General History:
Thousands of years ago, a group of Mages entered into the reality known as the Fade. The Fade is where we go when we die, and also when we sleep. There is a city there, once known as the Golden City, where the god-like being called the Maker lived. These Mages wanted to get to heaven, and found a way into the beautiful city. It happened only in moments, but the sins of the Mages corrupt the beautiful city, turning it into the Black City. They themselves were also corrupted by their own sins, turning them into the first of the Darkspawn. That is what the Chantry, and legends tell us where these monsters came from.

The Darkspawn have plagued the world ever since, decimating the Dwarven Kingdom, and nearly bringing the end of all that we know. They are always present, acting like a mindless horde. The real danger of them, when they get bold and begin to attack those on the surface, is known as a Blight. The ground itself literally begins to die, and the skys darken around the horde. This is caused when they find an Old God. They somehow corrupt these Old Gods, creating an Archdemon that leads the Darkspawn Hordes against the surface world. The Archdemon manifests itself in the form of a dragon.

During the first Blight arose an order, known as the Grey Wardens, an order of fearless individuals who fight the darkspawn, and are the only ones capable of killing an Archdemon, though they themselves die in the process. The Wardens have existed ever since, always in vigilance against the rise of the darkspawn. They have served humanity for 2030 years. Five Blights have occurred during that time. The last Blight, the fifth Blight, occurred three hundred years ago. During that time, all of the people of Fereldin, not just humans, but also the dwaves, elves, mages, people from all walks of life came together under the banner of the Grey Wardens to fight for freedom, and for the future. This was all made possible because of one person, who history has called simply, the Warden.

The Warden united the people; rallying them to stand and fight. History has not seen such a dynamic individual since then. But we need one right now…

The Kingdom is in danger of collapse, and the darkspawn are once again on the rise. Infighting has weakened it terribly, but the responsibility of such devastation it isn’t just the humans. The elves, dwarves, mages, even the Grey Wardens have weakened because of infighting. The world needs new heroes to follow in the steps of those who had gone before them, to unite the people against the common enemy. Are you one of these heroes?

Situations:
This is the Situations of the Land of Fereldin, and the world you are going to be stepping into.

(A letter intercepted on its way to Highever, from Drail Hailstom, Arl of Redcliffe)

To Vern Cousland, Teryn of Highever

Brother, we are in dire circumstances. The King’s state is rapidly deteriorating. I know that his sons will remain quiet and not fight while he’s alive, but that won’t be for too much longer. I don’t know if he will be able to declare an heir… All hell is about to break loose, and you and the teryn of Gwaren aren’t helping the situation either. The Kingdom is at stake, by Andrastre herself, the lives of hundreds of thousands of people are at stake, and you’re PLAYING GAMES!?! … Brother, forgive me. I speak too harshly of this. I know that you are in command, and that you will indeed fight for truth and justice. But I am worried about you. You haven’t been quite the same since our parents died. We can’t treat this like some game. This is the worst thing that has faced us, that has faced Thedas since the Darkspawn first appeared, or since that hellhole Ferelden found itself in since the last Blight. I worry. I worry about the future for my kids. I worry about you. You know that when the time comes, I will stand by your side… with whatever is left of Redcliffe.

I know that you are aware of some of what is happening, but my spies were able to discover more to add to the situation. Here is an account of what they have found. We need to talk, as soon as possible.

- Arl Drail Hailstrom, of Redcliffe.

]The Kingdom of Fereldin:
King Therin is dying from an unknown aliment. Mages, Doctors, Herbalists, even the Chantry have been summoned to the King's bedside to discover the cause of the sickness. Nothing, so far. The King has two sons. Twins. Neither one has been declared heir yet. Already they are arguing about it, and summoning as much support as they can get to their side from the Nobles. The King is still alive, and already they are fighting for the throne. There may also be a noble or two who desire to be king instead, but my sources haven't been able to find that out yet. The Landsmeet is coming up soon. I suspect it will be then that the twins, or whoever else, will attempt to marshal enough support to take the thrown.

The other problem is has been nicknamed "The Peasant's Rebellion". There hasn't been any bloodshed yet, thank the Maker, but it could come down to it. It’s an idea going around the commoners, about the people having full rule, and abolishing the positions that the nobles hold, Bann, Arl, Teryn, King. They will hold the places of history and legend, as the people seek to rule themselves. They call it Democracy. Some nobles agree with it, seeking positions of power if the change happens. Other nobles are opposed to it and so are a lot of the commoners. It’s going to lead us into a Civil War if the King's Sons don't first. In fact, I wouldn't be surprised if they or someone else decides to try and play this to get to the King’s throne.

If we are to avoid going into another all out civil war over this matter, the King or somebody needs to get this resolved soon and fast.

Elven Conflict:
As we both know, several years after the end of the Fifth Blight, a powerful mage arose and organized several of the Dalish tribes and alienage elves. This mage lead them deep within the Brecilian Forest. Somehow they “cured” the forest of its illness, driving back the dark spirits and sealing the cracks there in the Fade. They then established that part of the Brecilian Forest as the Revas’Thala, “Free Land”, and established the city of Quel’Elhen “High People”. That’s their history in brief, but there is a problem now.

My scouts have reported that there is strong opposition forming against these new elves of Revas’Thala, from their own brethren, the Dalish Tribes that still inhabit the raw parts of the Brecilian Forest. They view their brethren has “heritics” and claim that they have turned from the elven way, and must be purged. The Dalish elves have even sought help from the Chantry, hoping to use their formidable Templars against their “rogue” brethren by citing that the Quel’Elhen’s use of magic is to heal the forest is endangering everyone.

The Quel’Elhen’s elves though, seek to continue their ways, claiming that the old traditions are of no use, and new ones must be established. They see their usage of magic to be a resource that doesn’t need to be limited or put under Chantry control since no blood magic is being preformed.

Honestly, I don’t give a damn about who is right here. What I do care about is our Southern Boarders. We have Ostagar, but those elves cover the section where the fortress can’t. Should the new elven kingdom fall and nobody patrols that section, then our enemies can take half the kingdom while we aren’t looking. The Darkspawn could come from that direction like they did during the fifth Blight, but the Chasind Wilders, the nomadic people we thought wouldn’t pose a threat ever again, are starting to ignore that belief and pose as a threat again. Stability needs to be brought to that region, one way or another.

Templar/Mage Conflict:
Something is happening within the Circles, the places where the mages live. The templar, those who safe guard the mages from outsiders and from themselves, are getting more hostile towards mages and everything else. I fear an old grudge match is coming back from the last Mage-Templar War. I’m sorry; I wish I had more information on this. The Templars aren’t letting any news out. If resolved though, the mages could be used to fortify our armies against the darkspawn and other threats, or be used against the Quel'Elhen elves.

Darkspawn Threat:
The darkspawn are amassing again. There have been attacks in the south and in the north. Some of the Grey Wardens believe that another Blight is about to occur, but the First Warden is hesitant to launch an attack without any evidence. The dwarves also don’t wish to commit any resources to anything that is a rumor. A Grey Warden party, led by the Warden-Commander, Talyon Lothar, is investigating the situation in the Deep roads. The Dwarves did comment to my merchants, that the Warden-Commander embarked on his Calling. A few wardens, including his announced successor, and members of the Legion of the Dead, went with the hero into the Deep Trenches, where the Horde is its thickest. Something happened , and someone is on their way back with news. We must prepare our forces. There is a small unit at Ostagar, but they won’t hold if the darkspawn come from the south again.

Grey Wardens:
A division is appearing in the Grey Wardens. Before Vigil’s Keep’s Warden-Commander left on his Calling, Talyon Lothar named a successor, Valmyria Windstrider. That news wasn’t taken very well by the Order, who viewed her has being too young for the job. Rumor has it that she was also his mistress. There is also some contention from the elves within the Grey Warden’s at Vigil’s Keep and of the Silver Order towards their new Warden-Commander because she is one of the Quel’Elhen elves. She’ll have to prove herself to her fellow Wardens to gain their trust and loyalty. For now they will follow hesitantly follow her, but it is to be seen if she will make a good commander. The Grey Wardens need a stable commander. Certain individuals though may have to take actions into their own hands to ensure a stable commander by replacing her with a more experienced Warden, instead of waiting on her to fill the position. The only way to do that though is her death.

That’s about it, my Lord. At least the dwarves are stable. I hope this gives you a full understanding of what is going on. We’re in a time where we need heroes to stand and fight. I’m assembling a small team of creative individuals, and I am sure that there is going to be more willing to join the fight.

Races:
Humans
Dwarves
Elves
Quel'Elhen
Qunari

Humans:
Humans are the most common of the races on the face of Thedas. The reasoning behind humanity's rapid rate of expansion and ability to thrive while the other races are dwindling is their ability to adapt and skill in numerous fields where other races are weakened. Religion and the Chantry play a large part in human society. It distinguishes them culturally from elves and dwarves more than anything else.

The Kingdom of Fereldin is predominately human. There are elven alienages, elves that work for humans as either slaves or servants (though the practice of slavery as long been abolished, they ar still regarded as second-rate citizens). Even a few dwarves, known as surface dwarves but still dwarves, are seen among the people of Fereldin. Fereldin's armies are formidable when fully assembled. The Army is made up of forces from the Arls, Banns, and Teryns of the Kingdom. The King has a large force under his commander, but these are used mainly to defend the captial city, Denerim.
For more information:
Humans: http://dragonage.wikia.com/wiki/Humans
Fereldin: http://dragonage.wikia.com/wiki/Ferelden
Capital city: Denerim: http://dragonage.wikia.com/wiki/Denerim
Other Kingdoms in Thedas: These other Kingdoms can be used, but won't play a major role.
Orlais: http://dragonage.wikia.com/wiki/Orlais
Tevinter Imperium: http://dragonage.wikia.com/wiki/Tevinter_Imperium

Dwarves:
The dwarves are a strong, stocky, and short people. However, they have a long tradition of courage and martial skill that has served them well in their millennias-long battle against the darkspawn in the Deep Roads. This has had a harsh effect on their race. They are in decline. The dwarves once had a massive underground network of twelve great cities, known as thaigs that stretched through out Thedas. The darkspawn caught the dwarven nation off guard, and in the middle of a civil war. They were nearly destroyed, and have been fighting the darkspawn ever since. The only city they still have is the great city of Orzammar, and three smaller thaigs that have been reclaimed by the dwarves since the darkspawn have retreated back. The smaller thaigs are in disrepair, and efforts are still being made to ensure safe habitation and travel to the thaigs.

The dwarves are ruled by an elected King from the house of nobles, usually the strongest noble. Politics among the dwarves are backstabbing (literally) at best. Which is funny considering that their race is dying out from both constant darkspawn attacks, and increasing infertility rates. The dwarven social hierarchy is ruled by complex, interrelated, and rigid castes. the very bottom of the caste is the castless, regarded as outcasts in their own city, unable to take up work among the higher castes. Above the casteless (in no particular order) are merchants, miners, smiths, warriors, servants (only one step above casteless), and nobles. Nobles stand at the very top of this system, as the royal house stands at the top of their caste. While it is possible for some dwarves to better their family's station by performing great deeds and/or siring children with higher-caste dwarves, these remain rare and difficult circumstances.

The noble houses are named after Paragons, dwarves that became legends through their actions.
The Dwarves are currently ruled by King Khadgar Aeducan.
More Information:
Dwarves: http://dragonage.wikia.com/wiki/Dwarves
Orzammar: http://dragonage.wikia.com/wiki/Orzammar
Deep Roads: http://dragonage.wikia.com/wiki/Deep_Roads
Thaigs: http://dragonage.wikia.com/wiki/Thaigs
Paragon: http://dragonage.wikia.com/wiki/Paragons

Elves: (regarded as wood-elves)
Elves are the oldest race in Thedas. They were the dominate power since before the humans ever arrived on Thedas. The elves at this time were immortal, living for hundreds of lifetimes. They were a skillful people, magically talented and lived in harmony with nature. Their lands were known as "Elvhenan" or "place of our people". Their capital was Arlathan, meaning "this place I love".

At first contact with the humans, things were pretty fine, until it was noticed that exposure to the human presence began to make them grow old faster. In fear, the elves withdrew from human contact. Unfortunately, the human tribals gave way to the Tevinter Imperium, who viewed the elves' isolation as hostility and declared war. Elvhenan fell in less than a decade. The elves, now homeless and enslaved, lost their immortality, lore, and culture. It would take the fall of the Imperium, before the elves would gain a new homeland. The enslaved elves assisted the prophetess known as Andraste, who would later set the foundation of the human religion, the Chantry. This new homeland was known as the Dales. The elven people began the slow process of recovering the culture and traditions they had lost to slavery. But it was not to last. The Chantry first sent missionaries into the Dales, and then, when those were thrown out, Templar Legions followed in the second of religious crusades, known as the Exalted Marches.

After that, the elven people broke up into two groups, the City or Alienage Elves, and the Dalish Elves. Elves who accepted the Chantry's offered truce were required to accept the Maker and live in slums, known as alienages, within human settlements, becoming the city elves. Some elves, however, refused to give up their worship or their dream of their own homeland. These became the Dalish, retaining the name of their second lost homeland and vowing to keep elven language, lore and religion alive. The Dalish travel in clans and tribes, often avoiding humans on the exception of trade. They also avoid each other, in order to protect each other. Should one get captured or destroyed, the other tribes will be safe. The only time the tribes gather together is in a meeting known as Arlathvhen. Here, they share gathered lore and knowledge with each other.

These elves still bear the characteristics of their ancestors. They have a slender, lithe build, pointed ears and are shorter than your average human, but taller than the dwarves. Their life span is also the same as the humans.

Alienage Elves are lead by "Elders", respected members of their tight-kit communities. Dalish Elves are lead by Keepers, those who keep the history of the people. ther is one Keeper per clan.
More information:
Elves: http://dragonage.wikia.com/wiki/Elves
Elvhenan: http://dragonage.wikia.com/wiki/Elvhenan
Dales: http://dragonage.wikia.com/wiki/Dales

Quel'Elhen: (Regarded as High Elves)
Even now, there is a third split, known as the Quel'Elhen Elves, or High Elves. Sometime after the Fifth blight, an elven mage railed a few of the Dalish tribes and alienage elves, and went deep into the Brecilian Forest. This mage is known to history as, Sunstrider. By Sunstrider's leadership, they somehow they “cured” the forest of its illness, driving back the dark spirits and sealing the cracks there in the Fade. They then established that part of the Brecilian Forest as the Revas’Thala, “Free Land”, and established the city of Quel’Elhen “High People”.

It’s unknown what source of magic they used to cure the forest, but they managed to do it. But these elves, within less than a few generations, began to look different from their Dalish and City brothers. The first most noticeable difference was that they began to get taller, rivaling that of a human. Their ears also increased in length, a mark that their excellent hearing had improved even more. High Elves also began to regain their immortality, not to the point where they can live for centuries, but that they have twice the lifespan of a human. The changes in these elves have been credited to the high intensity of the magic in the area of which they now live in. Magic has become part of their blood, potentially toxic to other races as well. All of the people have some sort of degree of magical power, but unless that potential is harnessed, it fades from the user’s abilities.

Thus a new breed of elves emerged. Much to the anger of the Dalish tribes, who sought to reclaim their past. They regard the High Elves as heretics, blaming them for defiling and destroying many sacred sites of their people. The Quel'Elhen simply acknowledges a fall and followed a new course. They began establishing new traditions and a new culture. The Elves are relatively friendly, and open to trading with all races. They have embraced nature, discarding the beliefs of the elven gods. They claim there is but one God, called the Creator. This Creator is female, the only one who can give birth to life, nature. Quel'Elhen religion involves feasts on days of harvest, planting, and solaces. They believe that nature is to be respected and nurtured, and that their fellows are to be treated with kindness. They have shed their brethern's choice of clothing, opting for more colorful outfits in their cities, and practical uses of forest colors and leather when in the woods. Due to their belief in the Creator being female, there is a Elven Queen that rules over the people, instead of a King. The Queen answers to the King of Ferldin though, acting more like an unofficial Teryness.

The current Queen is Lady Arlina Winterfest.

Other Races: These races could be used, but don't have a home in Fereldin.
Qunari: http://dragonage.wikia.com/wiki/Qunari

Enemies: The only theoretical race that you could be is a Disciple.

The Darkspawn:
The darkspawn are a race of mostly-humanoid tainted creatures that dwell in the Deep Roads. According to the Chantry, they were created when the magisters of the Tevinter Imperium opened a portal into the Golden City, tainting the realm of the Maker with their corruption and returning as the darkspawn, their evil transfiguring them into the monsters they became. When they uncover one of the Old Gods, they expose it to the taint, changing it into an Archdemon, which then leads them in an attack against the surface world called a Blight. The darkspawn are perhaps the greatest single threat to all of Thedas; they are bloodthirsty, exceptionally numerous and willing to indiscriminately kill or corrupt all in their path.
http://dragonage.wikia.com/wiki/Darkspawn

The Darkspawn Hordes have many creatures themselves in various ranks. In all of the races that make up the Darkspawn, there is general units, their leaders, known as Alphas, and spellcasters called emissaries.

*Ghouls: Living creatures that contract the Taint from any darkspawn normally die from the corruption. However, those ill-fated to survive become something twisted: Ghouls, or tainted humanoid creatures with a blotchy look and a sickly tone to their skin.
http://dragonage.wikia.com/wiki/Ghouls

*Genlock: These are the basic infantry of the darkspawn horde. Genlocks often accompany hurlocks in battle as archers. Genlocks are born from broodmothers that were once female dwarves. Since the dwarves regularly fight darkspawn, this would explain why genlocks are the most common type of darkspawn.
http://dragonage.wikia.com/wiki/Genlock

*Sheriek: Shrieks are born from broodmothers who were once female elves. Sherieks are fast, quick, and deadly. they can outmanuver larger appoints, and quickly kill them using their arm blades. They are masters of stealth, and are regarded as hunters, assassins, scouts, and elite shock units in the Darkspawn Hordes.

*Hurlocks: Taller than their genlock cousins, the hurlocks are roughly of human-size but are possessed of considerable strength and constitution. The shock troop of the darkspawn, a single berserking hurlock can often be a match for numerous opponents at once. They are known to adorn themselves with roughly-carved tattoos to keep track of their kills and deeds, though it is unknown whether or not there is a uniform standard to these markings.
http://dragonage.wikia.com/wiki/Hurlocks

*Ogres: Ogres are the massive, brutish shock troopers of the darkspawn horde. Dwarfing their darkspawn brethren, ogres attack opponents with brute force and monumental strength, acting as living siege weapons. Standing above even the normal ogres are the ogre alphas; these monstrosities are no larger, but are far stronger, and are usually accompanied by shrieks.
http://dragonage.wikia.com/wiki/Ogre

*Broodmothers: The darkspawn cannot reproduce. They must rely on broodmothers. Broodmothers are created by subjecting females of the humanoid races to the darkspawn taint, possibly by being force-fed darkspawn tissue or humanoid tissue that has been infected by the taint. The race of the broodmother directly influences which kind of darkspawn she will give birth to. An elven broodmother will spawn shrieks, a dwarven broodmother genlocks, a human broodmother hurlocks, and a kossith broodmother ogre. Each broodmother is capable of spawning thousands of darkspawn.
http://dragonage.wikia.com/wiki/Broodmother

*Disciples: The Disciples are the creation of the Architect. During his research and experiments with the taint, he discovered that the darkspawn can gain immunity to the Calling of the Old Gods (Archdemons) by ingesting the blood of a Grey Warden. Since these Disciples are sapient beings, they have developed their own personalities, with the ability to speak, strategize and choose for themselves, making them disturbingly humanlike.
It’s unknown what will happen should an Archdemon appear, since the Disciples were created after the Fifth Blight. It is suspected that they would either side with the Archdemon, or be destroyed.
http://dragonage.wikia.com/wiki/The_Disciples

*Demons: A demon is a malicious spirit from the Fade that feeds on the darker parts of the mortal psyche like rage, hunger, and desire. The more complex the emotions, the more intelligent and powerful the demon who feeds on it. Rage is the simplest emotion to feed from so rage demons are often much lower on the power scale. Sloth demons are above rage demons, and are known as masters of disguise. Desire demons are higher still, and have the power to manipulate people without their ever knowing. Most powerful of all are pride demons. They are fearsome creatures, known for their intelligence.
http://dragonage.wikia.com/wiki/Demon
http://dragonage.wikia.com/wiki/Rage_demon
http://dragonage.wikia.com/wiki/Sloth_demon
http://dragonage.wikia.com/wiki/Desire_demon
http://dragonage.wikia.com/wiki/Pride_demon

Organizations:
Chantry: The Chantry is the dominant religious organization across Thedas, whose philosophy is based upon the life and teachings of the prophetess Andraste. These teachings are contained in what is known as the Chant of Light. They believe that the message of the Light needs to be spread to all corners of the world, including all of the races as well. It is believed that once the Chant has been spread across the world, and all have accepted it, that the Maker will return to the world and return it to its previous Edenic state. They have a distrusting of magic, but can't destroy it. Instead they have created "Circles" and the Templar Order to safe guard the world from magic, and allow the mages to live rather "normal" lives.

Magic exists to serve man, and never to rule over him.
Foul and corrupt are they
Who have taken His gift
And turned it against His children.
They shall be named Maleficar, accursed ones.
They shall find no rest in this world
Or beyond.
-Transfigurations 1:2

The actual priesthood of the Chantry is made up entirely of women, on the basis that Andraste was a woman. Men can be brothers, serving as academics and initiates, but it is a junior position and non-ordained. At the head of the Chantry is the Divine, who leads from her seat in the Grand Cathedral of Val Royeaux. Below her are the grand clerics, some of whom administer the chantries of major cities.
http://dragonage.wikia.com/wiki/Chantry

The Chantry is one of the most powerful forces in Thedas. Three other organizations exist within the chantry; The Circle of Magi, the Templar Order, and the Seekers of Truth.

*Circle of Magi: The Circle of Magi is the dominant organization for the training of mages within nations of Thedas. They are governed and monitored by the Chantry. Mages who escape from the Templar and the Cicle towers are known as apostates, and are hunted down to either be killed or returned back to the tower. Often times, these renegade mages turn to the forbidden arts of blood magic, and become blood mages or maleficar. Blood magic involves using the life forces of other individuals to fuel immensely powerful magics.

Mages who are too weak of will to resist demonic possession or appear to be dangerous are forced (or willingly volunteer) to go through the Rite of Tranquility, which involves the use of a lyrium (magic enhancement) brand to cut off a mage's connection to the Fade: they can no longer dream. As a side effect, their emotional center is utterly removed.
http://dragonage.wikia.com/wiki/Circle_of_Magi

*Templar Order: The Templar Order is a military order of the Chantry that, amongst their duties, hunts apostates and maleficar and watches over the mages from the Circle of Magi. While they are officially deemed a force of defenders by the Chantry, established to protect the communities of the faithful from magical threats, they are in fact an army unto themselves; well-equipped, highly disciplined and devoted to the destruction of non-believers in the name of the Maker. Templars are sworn to protect the world from the dangers of magic, but they also protect mages from the outside world, a world that fears these magic users for very good reasons. It is the templars' place to watch their charges for signs of weakness or corruption and, should they find it, to act without hesitation for the good of all. They can enact the Right of Annulment, which sets to purge an Circle if it gets out of hand.
http://dragonage.wikia.com/wiki/Templar_Order

*Seekers of Truth: The organization appears to act as a check and balance to the power of the Templar Order, acting in a secretive, investigative and interrogative capacity to root out corruption and protect the Chantry from internal and external threats. They also may become involved in the hunting of particularly cunning apostates. Templars fear and despise the Seekers, as they must usually involve themselves when the templars are failing in their duties.
http://dragonage.wikia.com/wiki/Seekers_of_Truth

Grey Wardens: The Grey Wardens are an ancient organization of warriors of exceptional ability dedicated to fighting darkspawn throughout Thedas. They are headquartered in the very place of their founding, the Weisshaupt Fortress in the Anderfels, but maintain a presence in most other nations as well. The Grey Wardens are known for ignoring a recruit's racial, social, national, and even criminal background if they deem the person valuable in terms of character or ability. the Grey Wardens can either invite, or invoke the Right of conscription, forcing the individual out of any situation, and into the ranks of the Grey Wardens. The Grey Wardens of Fereldin are based out of Vigil's Keep.

To become a Grey Warden, one must be permitted to join, at this point they are a recruit until they take place in a ceremony known as the Joining. Here, they must drink a special potion made of lyrium, darkspawn blood, and a single drop of blood from the archdemon. Few survive this process, as the individual must be strong enough to master the taint. Should they survive, they are officially Grey Wardens, and are forever bound to the darkspawn, forging a link between the two that enables the two to sense each other.

Eventually the taint claims the Wardens, and they undergo a process called, the Calling. Here they travel to the Deep roads, and fight until they die against the Darkspawn. Should they fail, the taint either slowly and painfully kills them, or they become ghouls.
http://dragonage.wikia.com/wiki/Grey_Warden#The_Joining

Legion of the Dead: The actions of one family member can often severely diminish an entire House's place in the social hierarchy of the dwarves. Some disgraced dwarves will choose to go through a ceremonial "death" to clear their names and the names of their families. They walk out of Orzammar into the Deep Roads to fight darkspawn for the rest of their lives as a member of the Legion of the Dead. When one of their number dies, the Legion will bury him or her within the stone, and celebrate the fact that the fallen has finally found peace.
http://dragonage.wikia.com/wiki/Legion_of_the_Dead

Rangers of the Arrow: Becoming more like a cult then an actual organization, the Rangers of the Arrow are special detachments of High elves, known as Rangers. The Rangers represent some of the best of the Quel'Elhen armed forces. They operate alone or in small numbers, usually five. When not patrolling their borders, they embark on special missions for the Elven Queen. Their symbol is that of a golden arrow in a blue background. Since no Templar are yet offically allowed into the lands yet, they are the ones that deal with rouge mages in the lands, using similar and their own techniques to deal with magic.

Locations: Fereldin is massive, with many areas inside of it, and places to travel. I will put up as many as I can think of, with a small description and a link.
MAP 1: http://images2.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb2 ... _Map_1.jpg
MAP 2: http://images3.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb2 ... relden.png

Fereldin: The story will take place in the Human Kingdom of Fereldin. I highly advise looking into the link.
http://dragonage.wikia.com/wiki/Ferelden

Denerim: Capital city of Ferelidn. You can find just about anything in Denerim. Its ports and trade routes make it one of the busiest places in the known world. A few notitable places are the Royal Palce, a massive market district, and the legendary and ancient fortress of Drakon.
http://dragonage.wikia.com/wiki/Denerim
http://dragonage.wikia.com/wiki/Fort_Drakon

Land of Armaranthine: Given to the Grey Wardens after the fifth blight. The land is located along the northeastern sea. the city of Amaranthine—once a modest fishing village, now an important and prosperous port city and a center for trade in northern Ferelden.
http://dragonage.wikia.com/wiki/Amaranthine

Vigil's Keep: A Fortress located in Amaranthine, its the home to the Fereldin Grey Wardens and the legendary Silver Order.
http://dragonage.wikia.com/wiki/Vigil%27s_Keep

Highever: Highever is one of two Teryns left. It is in the Northern area of Fereldin, and has been ruled by the Cousland family for at least 500 years. Currently, the Teryn is Lord Vern Cousland, who amuses himself with games of politics, often putting those around him in danger, but able to save them from it just as quickly. He's reckless, but as a Teryn, he controls a large, well tained and armed army. He would be a valuable ally... should one be able to figure him out.
http://dragonage.wikia.com/wiki/Highever

Gwaren: The other Teryn of Fereldin. Its a major, but remote town in Ferelden, described as being a "rough town full of loggers and fishermen". Its located in the Southern side of the Kingdom, and is very hard to reach. requiring either boat, or going a long a small windy trail to the North. Its on the other side of the Brecilian Forest. Oddly enough, Gwaren doesn't have a Teryn yet. Th pervious Teryn died of old age, and to decide a new one, a tournament is being held, where the winner will be crowned as Teryn of Gwaren, a very prestigious title.

Redcliffe: Redcliffe serves as the current western rival of Denerim. It sits in a strategic place between the entrance to Ozammar, and the rest of Fereldin. Restablish a long time ago when the humans feared a invasion from the Dwarves. Now, it would stand to ward of the darkspawn that would come from Ozammar, should it fall. The village around the castle grew until the arling was as much a powerful settlement as anything ruled by a teyrn. Is currently ruled by Drail Hailstom, the bastard brother of Teryn Vern Cousland. He is organizing a group of individuals to go and reunite the kingdom before the darkspawn launch another Blight.
http://dragonage.wikia.com/wiki/Redcliffe
http://dragonage.wikia.com/wiki/Castle_ ... e_Overview

Orzammar: Orzammar was simply the home of the miner and smith castes. It is an awe–inspiring sight, a great city of stone standing within a vast cavern, poised over a sea of molten lava. There the forges ring loudest, and the finest smiths create works that are the envy of all races. But since the Deep Roads, and the dwarven kingdom fell to the darkspawn, it stands as the last bastion of the dwarven race and its finest creation.
http://dragonage.wikia.com/wiki/Orzammar

Deep Roads: The Deep Roads are an extensive network of underground roads that once belonged to the dwarven kingdom. Many people of Ferelden thought these roads lost to time, but a large number of them still exist. The dwarves closed the Deep Roads off when they fell to the darkspawn during First Blight. The entrances still exist, but are all sealed by octagonal steel doors decorated with geometric patterns that may form words or patterns.
http://dragonage.wikia.com/wiki/Deep_Roads

Ostagar: The fortress of Ostagar was once one of the most important defensive Imperial holdings south of the Waking Sea. Standing at the edge of the Korcari Wilds, its Tevinter garrisons watched for any signs of invasion by barbarians (those known to Ferelden as the Chasind Wilders). Straddling a narrow pass in the hills, the fortress kept the Chasind from the fertile lowlands of the north, being exceedingly difficult to attack due to its naturally defensible position. The Fortress fell into decay when the Tevinter Imperium collapsed to its present state, and was the site for a huge lose during the Fifth Blight, where Teryn Logain retreated, leaving his King to die.

Currently, it has been repaired, and a light garrison has been posted there to discourage any of the wilders from freely coming into Feredin and against any darkspawn, should they come from the south again.
http://dragonage.wikia.com/wiki/Ostagar

Brecilian Forrest: According to Sarel, the Dalish storyteller, there have been many wars and battles in the Brecilian Forest, many of which were between the elves and Tevinter mages. The death of so many supposedly tore the Veil, which separates the Fade and the real world. Its sinister air, and possessed flora, have led to many (and somewhat true) rumors and stories behind the ancient woods. (Just a creepy forest)
http://dragonage.wikia.com/wiki/Brecilian_Forest

Quel'Elhen: Once a part of the Brecilain Forest until the elves used a curious magical artifact that dates back to the time when they were once immortal, to cure the forest of its evil. It somehow sealed the parts of the Fade, and restored it back to its "normal" place. There is still something odd though, as mages detect subtle hits of magic everywhere in the forest. Its still tainted by magic, and is perhaps even more sinister then it use to be.

It borders Ostagar and stretches to the north, and to the east until it touches Gwaren. Is borders are routinely patrolled by the even armies, most notably the Rangers of the Arrow.

Revas’Thala: Capital of the Quel'Elhen elves, or High Elves. Its an important center of trading, but also of mystry and wonder. It is the focal point of the magic that is detected in the forests around it. Many mages on the run from the chantry come here to hide, as well as mages seeking to learn more about the mysteries. So far, no Templar units have been allowed to enter their lands, thus relying on the Rangers of the Arrow to deal with hostile mages.

The Fade: The Fade, known by the Dalish as the Beyond, is a metaphysical realm that is part of Thedas yet separated by the Veil. The Fade is split up into fiefs belonging to the spirits that live there, and they change the landscape of the Fade to emulate what they see in the minds of mortal dreamers. It is where we go when we die, and when we dream.

Classes: There are no established clases for this RPG, as long as they are fantasy, you can be anything, however, there are some ground rules that must be laid out. This is in the Dragon Age universe, so its rules on magic apply. Mages have their power by being able to access the Fade. Dwarves cannot access the Fade, so there are no Dwarven magic wielders of any type.

Grey Wardens are also in limited numbers in the beginning. There will be three or four, and I'm one of them. You can turn your character into a Grey Warden by meeting one, and undergoing the Joining. In order to successfully become a Gery Warden and not die, some out of RPG elements are required. In the OOC or in a PM, you will give me a number of say, between 1 and 15. If you guess the correct number within a 1 point error margin, you survive. If not, then your character dies. Someone else will hold the number as well, another Grey Warden, so you know I won't be cheating. The number is likely to change if you post it in the OOC.

I want you to have freedom to use your creativity and make an awesome character. Since three hundred years have pasted since DA 1, your armor can look like whatever you want.

Here are some of the Dragon Age classes if you are interested in universe specific classes: http://dragonage.wikia.com/wiki/Classes_%28Origins%29

Character Sheets: Before you begin building your character sheets, there are some rules and notes that you must be aware of.
1: There isn't a character limit or length requirement (please, no novels), build according to your own desire and capabilities.
2: I have designed the story so you can be a commoner, a warrior, or even a high ranking noble; such as one of the King's Sons. I want you to go where ever you want to be in this mess. You can fight politically, or with a blade. The choice is yours. you can make alliances with each other, or plot someone's demise. The Dragon Age Universe is now yours to command.
3: Starting Point: The starting point may change. I will either assign areas fro you to start, or organize places where people will start as a companionship, or let you roam free. Still debating it.

Name:

Race:

Class: (Basically, what is your job?)

Affiliation: (Where do your loyalities lie? Not a requirement. Its possible to have multiple, and change later on. If you pick something though, it must match you class. You can have a Templar in the Legion of the Dead at the beginning.)

Skills/magic/abilities: (What can your character do? (be reasonable ))

Appearance: (Explains itself. Tell us what your character looks like. Pictures are allowed. Detailed is wanted)

Starting equipment: (Be detailed here. I don’t want anyone pulling a sword out of their ass or hammerspace. If it isn’t present, you can’t use it unless you find it somewhere, and I doubt there will be supplies lying around. List Form with explanation would also be nice.

Personality: (What makes your character them? What are their dislikes, personality, mentality, etc. ?)

History: (What happened to you character?)

Starting point: TBA

(The Songs aren’t a requirement, just a fun little thing you can do if you want.)
Theme song:
Battle theme:

Postby Ro Wong » Tue Nov 13, 2012 12:00 am

+1
Demon of Elru

Postby Blood Lord » Tue Nov 13, 2012 12:18 am

And we got ourselves one vote ladies(?) and gentlemen. Who will be number two, we need a two, do we have a two for the epic mammoth sized RPG?

Postby BG07 » Tue Nov 13, 2012 9:51 am

It is decided +1

Postby Iris » Wed Nov 14, 2012 6:31 am

+1, looks very promising.

Postby Asmodai » Wed Nov 14, 2012 1:53 pm

Finally!

+1
Mephobiac

Postby Tuor » Wed Nov 14, 2012 5:05 pm

Let the game begin!
"Suddenly Frodo noticed that a strange-looking weather-beaten man, sitting in the shadows near the wall, was also listening intently to the hobbit-talk. He had a tall tankard in front of him, and was smoking a long-stemmed pipe curiously carved. His legs were stretched out before him, showing high boots of supple leather that fitted him well, but had seen much wear and were now caked with mud. A travel-stained cloak of heavy dark-green cloth was drawn close about him, and in spite of the heat of the room he wore a hood that overshadowed his face; but the gleam of his eyes could be seen as he watched the hobbits."
Rest Easy Ethan

Postby Blood Lord » Wed Nov 14, 2012 6:20 pm

Huzzah!

Any advice to making it shorter or is that not a problem?

EDIT: Damn. Forgot the mage tower.

Postby Tuor » Wed Nov 14, 2012 7:26 pm

Length is generally not too much of a problem, but if you want you could break up different sections into different posts. People sometimes do that.
"Suddenly Frodo noticed that a strange-looking weather-beaten man, sitting in the shadows near the wall, was also listening intently to the hobbit-talk. He had a tall tankard in front of him, and was smoking a long-stemmed pipe curiously carved. His legs were stretched out before him, showing high boots of supple leather that fitted him well, but had seen much wear and were now caked with mud. A travel-stained cloak of heavy dark-green cloth was drawn close about him, and in spite of the heat of the room he wore a hood that overshadowed his face; but the gleam of his eyes could be seen as he watched the hobbits."
Rest Easy Ethan

Postby BradaoOfCartha » Tue Dec 11, 2012 11:59 am

Hey guys, long time no see. So I thought of an RP that is very anime-esque, that I want to get put onto here. I've been honing my RP abilities, and wanted to know if you all would be interested in an RP where the story is slowly revealed, and I don't want to let anyone know it, till that time comes. I will be looking for a Co-GM on this, since I love this idea, but don't want to screw it up somehow. Anyways, the basic idea is this.

Uninstall: Beyond Reality

You are a person who lives in Nulite City, a metropolis that is similar to New York, or Shibuya. The characters within this story have slowly begun to develop powers, which allows them to see what should not be seen, such as the dead. During night, while half the city slumbers, the strangest of things occurs. The Giants appear. The Giants are a strange sight to behold, as most seem to be giant insect like robots, though others have been seen. The city is torn apart during these battles, but by morning is back to normal, The Giants, gone. Some have said that, while they dream, they see through the eyes of some of The Giants.

This is really all I want to give out, as anything else may take from the story. Also, I will be formatting if there is any interest in this idea, or if I get a good Co-GM.
Hey everybody, PandaBrady here, with more roleplaying!

Also, please support Monty Oum, his work is amazing, especially RWBY. I wish I was that good.

Postby Blood Lord » Tue Dec 11, 2012 1:10 pm

You had me until the giants part. I assume your goal is to fight the Giants, right? If so, why would I care about them if the city gets put back together by morning?

Postby BradaoOfCartha » Tue Dec 11, 2012 3:57 pm

No. It goes further in depth. I'd tell you, but then it'd ruin more story

Also, please support Monty Oum, his work is amazing, especially RWBY. I wish I was that good.

Postby Zelosse » Tue Dec 11, 2012 7:09 pm

Every time the city is destroyed, the city does not rebuilt as grandly or as sturdily as before.

Postby Blood Lord » Tue Dec 11, 2012 8:49 pm

BradaoOfCartha wrote:No. It goes further in depth. I'd tell you, but then it'd ruin more story

This is going to break your heart then, but you have to post the full RPG in order for us to vote.

As I said. I was interested until it hit the giants part, now I'm just confused.

Postby BradaoOfCartha » Wed Dec 12, 2012 4:51 pm

Alright. I'll post more story. I just don't want the main story ruined. Also. NEW LAYOUT! I like.

Postby Geomancer » Wed Dec 12, 2012 5:43 pm

So, I've gotten a... whoa. *looks around* Weird.

Anyway, I got a poke to give a go at a One Piece RP again but not to focus on the NPCs and force in out of place concepts like I did last time in an unconscious attempt to kill any fun everyone might be having- Is my screen broken or *scrolls down* oh, that's part of the new thing. Anyway.

You know the deal, alternate universe One Piece. I'll have a better opening for the actual thread but I just need a show of hands to see who wants to do it. With all the new elements that have been introduced to the One Piece universe, such as Haki, I'll have to be handling things a bit more delicately in order not to tip the balance.

The captain's goal will be the driving force behind the RP but I will try and include sidequests, as they were, to occasionally move forward the goals of the other characters.

CS Template

Name:

Epitaph: (Your nickname... kind of. "Black Leg" Sanji. "Straw Hat" Luffy. Franky the cyborg. You get the idea)

Position: Captain is a special position that you had better be up to snuff to achieve. The captain picks his First Mate who can still have another position.

Appearance: ((This is One Piece. Make it as zany as you want))

Weapon of Choice: ((Make it unusual or at least interesting))

Attack List Theme: (Luffy's attacks are all weapons, Zoro's attacks are puns, and Sanji's attacks are name after parts of animals.)

Personality Defect: ((It doesn't have to constantly bother your character but I'd like to see it come up sometimes. Examples include Usopp's cowardice and Zoro's poor sense of direction.))

Traits:

Devil Fruit: (At most, only one third of the crew should have a devil fruit)

Basic Bio: (Can be expanded on later)

Goal: (Make it grand)

Heightened Attribute: (Anything your character does particularly well. It could be speed, hearing, balance, etc)
Final Fantasy IX was the best Final Fantasy game ever and if you think otherwise you are WRONG!

My fanfiction account. Comments and criticisms are very welcome.
GMancer

Postby Archrival » Wed Dec 12, 2012 7:14 pm

+1 I always do love some One Piece.
SUPPPAAAHHH

PreviousNext

Return to Role Playing