My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic!

The forum for Bleedman fans! Feel free to discuss other comics and cartoons, as well.

Moderator: Mod Squad

Re: My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic!

Postby Mon-Kitsune » Sat Dec 08, 2012 11:24 am

Grieffon wrote:   Now I see where Baloney Brony was going... Lots of Rarity hate will emerge after this episode. But Rainbow Dash now took Scootaloo under her wings, I expect major developments in the future. And Luna can enter dreams... I like where they are going with her.   

That's actually a little disturbing, in truth. Her sister already basically has total godlike power over all of Equestria. Now it seems, that, with Luna by her side, the Equestrians are not even safe from royal interference even within thier own heads. If Luna can enter and witness dreams, can she punish ponies if thier dreams reveal less than admirable social tendencies. Most people (and hence I would assume, most ponies) do some pretty nasty things in the space of thier own heads (to borrow a line from Edward Gorey "It's well we cannot hear the screams, we make in other peoples dreams."

Other notes
1. I'm suprised AJ can use a bow drill. She must have a really steady hoof

2. Did Rainbow Dash kill a whole stand of trees just to get logs? (she chopped thier middles out, so the upper parts will presumably die. And I think they had leaves, so it's not like they were already dead trees. Not vecry eco conscios, or for that matter long term prudent (it looks like that camp site is one already well known to the Apple Clan, so RD just may have made it unusable (if the tree tops fall down onto the site, or even dangerous (if the tree tops fall down on the site where there are ponies there).   
"For I have heard the Song of War, and to me, it sounds just like "Please, Mister Custer.""

Cogito Ergot Sum, "I think there is something wrong with this rye bread." (Aplogies to Seafrol.)

Postby Marquis de Soth » Sat Dec 08, 2012 11:35 am

Marquis de Soth wrote:ImagePseudo HD Youtube episodeImage

Still waiting on the 1080p one.
Marquis de Soth

Postby Marquis de Soth » Sat Dec 08, 2012 11:45 am

Marquis de Soth wrote:Image1080p HD Youtube episodeImage
Marquis de Soth

Postby TheLivingCouch » Sat Dec 08, 2012 11:52 am

Mon-Kitsune wrote:   That's actually a little disturbing, in truth. Her sister already basically has total godlike power over all of Equestria. Now it seems, that, with Luna by her side, the Equestrians are not even safe from royal interference even within thier own heads. If Luna can enter and witness dreams, can she punish ponies if thier dreams reveal less than admirable social tendencies. Most people (and hence I would assume, most ponies) do some pretty nasty things in the space of thier own heads (to borrow a line from Edward Gorey "It's well we cannot hear the screams, we make in other peoples dreams."   

I can kind of see where you are coming from but I have to think Luna is a bit more reserved than that. I also don't think she can be in everypony's dreams all at once. More likely one at a time at best. I also like to think that Luna felt a bit of a kindred spirit in Scootaloo. Luna would know what it's like to let fear get the better of you after the NMM incident and it doesn't strike me as odd in the least that she would let her subjects fall to the same if she can help it.   

Postby Biostar » Sat Dec 08, 2012 12:02 pm

*Moves cursor away from bingo square: More pony parents*

The fandom's headcanon is safe for another week. Scootaloo still doesn't have canon parents or relatives for that matter so she can stay Little Orphan Scooty. For now.

But instead of fanon-breaking the fandom got more material: Luna can enter dreams. I think I've seen that idea before, but now its canon. I'm happy to see her do more.   

Postby punzil504 » Sat Dec 08, 2012 12:06 pm

TheLivingCouch wrote:   I can kind of see where you are coming from but I have to think Luna is a bit more reserved than that. I also don't think she can be in everypony's dreams all at once.   

I second that. I think she is just    using her powers to help the Scootaloos of Equestria, ponies whose nightmares are actually being detrimental to their daily lives. I mean, she was Nightmare Moon, after all, it makes sense that she should have some minor power over dreams. In this episode, at least, she seems to be channeling Uncle Ben a bit.   
Still preoccupied with 1985

Postby Grieffon » Sat Dec 08, 2012 12:17 pm

1080p is up.

Interesting news, this episode has a new writer, Corey Powell. I really like what she did with her first episode

Postby Saint Soul » Sat Dec 08, 2012 1:18 pm

From now on, No one is alowed to talk about the a new episode until a link is provided to watch said episode.

Is this fine with everypony?
"Small muscles, big brain, the heart of a lion."
—Anthony DiNozzo on Timothy McGee
User formaly known as Soulchild

Postby Marquis de Soth » Sat Dec 08, 2012 1:44 pm

Soul, I said bring it up for discussion, not command it. For the record, what Soul said is false. Feel free to discuss it as an OPTION and I'LL decide whether to enforce it or not.
Marquis de Soth

Postby Mon-Kitsune » Sat Dec 08, 2012 1:51 pm

punzil504 wrote:
TheLivingCouch wrote:   I can kind of see where you are coming from but I have to think Luna is a bit more reserved than that. I also don't think she can be in everypony's dreams all at once.   

I second that. I think she is just    using her powers to help the Scootaloos of Equestria, ponies whose nightmares are actually being detrimental to their daily lives. I mean, she was Nightmare Moon, after all, it makes sense that she should have some minor power over dreams. In this episode, at least, she seems to be channeling Uncle Ben a bit.   

I'm acutally not disagreeing with you. I didn't mean to imply that is what would happen, just that I though it a little disturbing that it seems it could happen. We know Luna fell into darkness before, in my book that means she could fall in again (actually in my book she'd be at risk of it even if she had never been Nightmare moon; I am BIG beleiver in in the concept of "power corrupts and absolute power corrupts absolutely". Actually I believe that ANY power no matter how small corrupts absolutely, it's just the more you have the faster it happens. I suppose I am letting my conculsions be colored by my beliefs   
"For I have heard the Song of War, and to me, it sounds just like "Please, Mister Custer.""

Cogito Ergot Sum, "I think there is something wrong with this rye bread." (Aplogies to Seafrol.)

Postby Mad-Mutt » Sat Dec 08, 2012 2:13 pm

I know I usually give some strange random thoughts on the episode, but this one is so awesome I'm just going to have a fan freak out.

Granny Smith at the beginning = Like a Boss!. It's Scootaloo, she's so awesome! It's Rainbow Dash, she's so awesome! It's Luna! Holy shit she's awesome and she's gonna save everyone! Seriously, yay for Luna. Now all those fanfics of Scoot and Dash being sisters has cannon on their side! The Olden Pony is old! Really old! SO that's what the headless horse looks like! Scoot is so cute when she's scared! This episode is cool! Rarity just doesn't give a buck. Sweetie Bele has become Sweatie Bele. Sweetie Bele gilt trip Ho! Luna is cool, I know I said that already, but I don't care she's that cool. We get to see a softer side of Dash. Scootaloo can jump really high, in the words of Max Payne, "Fear gives men wings." but wait, she's a girl... and a pony... and she already has wings. Rainbow Dash to the rescue. Dash and Scoot Daww moments. And that ending was adorable!   
Bark

Postby J-Dude » Sat Dec 08, 2012 2:23 pm

I really liked this episode <:-)

Not the least because of the canon "Scootalove" we get at the end. Seriously, seeing Dash hold her up airborne like that has been the thing of fanfiction for a long time coming.

And of course, worldbuilding! Princess Luna! She's the opposite of Freddy Kruger!

I like that it looks like she can casually stroll through ponies' dreams and help the little ones of the world. The first shot of her we see in the beginning helps the episode, since she doesn't just show up and single Scootaloo out. Almost certainly she just happened to casually notice her plight.

What a wonderful little device for fanfiction! Now it's possible for sleeping characters to get in touch with her, and again like a reverse Freddy, if things are up, they might TRY to fall asleep so they can talk to her, maybe deliver a critical message.

Sad thing for ME is, it makes a big part of my own fanfiction screwed, given ponies get taken captive in it for lengths of time.   

Also, speaking of fanfiction:

http://www.fimfiction.net/story/20545/M ... n-Equation

If you are a fan of pony and the Mass Effect series... PLEASE read this!

It really is the best crossover fiction I've ever read, and somehow manages to seamlessly connect the two continuities. This story is done in 17 glorious chapters I couldn't put down for two days, and the writer is already going to hammer out a sequel fic that goes into Mass Effect 3 territory. This fic isn't getting nearly enough love. I implore you, check this out!
Harry intentionally used the occlumantic link to see Voldemort's thoughts. He was flicking lit matches at Lucius Malfoy.
"Your pain bores me," said Darth Nonose. "Go fetch Severus. I have some death for him."
Wazit_Blade: "Gah! J-Dude just invaded the thread!"

Postby Mad-Mutt » Sat Dec 08, 2012 2:36 pm

J-Dude wrote:
Also, speaking of fanfiction:

It really is the best crossover fiction I've ever read, and somehow manages to seamlessly connect the two continuities. This story is done in 17 glorious chapters I couldn't put down for two days, and the writer is already going to hammer out a sequel fic that goes into Mass Effect 3 territory. This fic isn't getting nearly enough love. I implore you, check this out!

I'll give it a read, its nice you're trying to help something you like get a bit more attention I try to do the same thing around here to. Although its usually for art and videos.
Bark

Postby Mr. Sefrol » Sat Dec 08, 2012 3:33 pm

I really liked this episode. When I saw    Luna in the first dream, I was both baffled and slightly in shock. But then it dawned on me that it made sense she could have that power. Still, was not expecting her at all. It's an interesting and fun power. I see a LOT of things the fandom can do with this, like counter-trolling Celestia, or even just regular trolling the civilians just for the hell of it.   

Also... I'm kind of surprised no one brought it up yet...    THEY WERE ALL SITTING LIKE LYRA! COME ON!!! NO ONE SAW THAT?! IT WAS AMAZING!   
"Cogito, ergo es eggo." A.K.A. "I think, therefore you are a waffle."
An Optimist

Postby Biostar » Sat Dec 08, 2012 6:23 pm

@Sefrol

Yeah I had noticed.   

Postby dj1107 » Sat Dec 08, 2012 7:01 pm

Now THIS was a better episode. I can only complain about one thing. What in gods name was wrong with Scootaloo's neck!? still good episode.

Sooooo Luna watches ponies dreams. Luna knows when your sleeping. Luna will see you in your nightmares!!!   
Pizza mozzarella, Pizza mozzarella, rella rella.

Postby Grieffon » Sat Dec 08, 2012 7:07 pm

Mr. Sefrol wrote:Also... I'm kind of surprised no one brought it up yet...    THEY WERE ALL SITTING LIKE LYRA! COME ON!!! NO ONE SAW THAT?! IT WAS AMAZING!   

Sitting in a human manner has become a common thing now. Fillies sit like that in Cheerilee's class, Cherry Berry also have a human pose in One Bad Apple. Of course, they are still nothing comparing to Lyra's slouching pose, but they are not so rare anymore.

What should be noticed is Derpy appears less and less in S3, and in the rare scenes that she did appear, they are either side view or don't show her face. Chances are they are pulling her out for good. Quite a shame if that is to happen, but it was fun while it lasts. Plus, we have the official comic to take care of that. I just got the first issue, Derpy's love for muffin was featured explicitly.
Last edited by Grieffon on Sat Dec 08, 2012 7:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Postby Mad-Mutt » Sat Dec 08, 2012 7:08 pm

dj1107 wrote:Now THIS was a better episode. I can only complain about one thing. What in gods name was wrong with Scootaloo's neck!? still good episode.

I believe its called squash and stretch animation and its used to give the characters more reaction and movement, its exaggerated, but that's the point. Also it looks kind of cute when used with ponies.
Bark

Postby dj1107 » Sat Dec 08, 2012 7:31 pm

You know what no I actually do have a complaint about this episode that I can boil down in to two words: misleading. title. The title of this episode is called "Sleepless in Ponyville" about 90% of this episode didn't take place in Ponyville. I guess "Sleepless in the Everfree forest" didn't sound write :shrug:
Pizza mozzarella, Pizza mozzarella, rella rella.

Postby True Order » Sat Dec 08, 2012 7:54 pm

I don't think that they were in the Everfree Forest. :/ Keyword: think.

Anywho! I can cross off    entering dreams    on my list of awesome classic fictional ideas that I could use in my story without them seeming overdone in our fandom! Not yay! *teeth clench* But that's life!

This episode was a'ight. 3/5 though I biased because I very much prefer the adventurous or mythology filled ones.    The Rainbow Falls almost interested me, my first thought was oh! they must be under Cloudsdale but lord knows that its something entirely different because these writers don't seem to care for such tiny connections which is understandable. OF COURSE. But there's only so much unrelated magical anamolies you can pile up until you have a natural forming balefire bomb. This makes me happy. I want to watch from a distance as they burn! BURN! BURN for their sins!!   

So there's that.

Rainbow Dash further proved herself deserving of my least favorite mane 6 title.    Far too caring of her public image.   
"Finish what you started human!" - Kamaji from Spirited Away
Overthinker

Postby Grieffon » Sat Dec 08, 2012 8:25 pm

True Order wrote:I don't think that they were in the Everfree Forest. :/ Keyword: think.
Rainbow Dash further proved herself deserving of my least favorite mane 6 title.    Far too caring of her public image.   

Well, you are the only one. From what I've seen so far, that last episode has put an end to a lot of Rainbow Dash hate.    What "too caring of her public image"? No one wants to reveal the fact that they are or were afraid of something.

Let me say this, Scootaloo was Rainbow Dash's number one fan, and she was not afraid of losing her image in front of the one pony who admires her the most, then would it really be fair to say that she cares too much of her public image?   
Last edited by Grieffon on Sat Dec 08, 2012 10:31 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Postby Mad-Mutt » Sat Dec 08, 2012 8:39 pm

I was gonna make a reply to what True Order said about RD, but Grieffon put it better than I could. Well done Grieff.
Bark

Postby True Order » Sat Dec 08, 2012 10:09 pm

I'd advise putting those words in spoiler censors, Monsieur Grieff. You know the system:
Marquis de Soth wrote:I've decided that no open spoilers until 2 days (the entire weekend) has passed. This includes no pictures as well.

Anywho...... that's actually it. I thought about defending my opinion but then I remembered that it's my opinion. The whole world may arise in a full man hunt for me, torture to me death, and display my body as a warning to others but it will still be my opinion. Why you felt a need to correct me as if I were stating fact or point out that I am seemingly alone in this opinion is unknown.

How bout some pics? LINKS to pics?

Johnjoseco Pic

Comic by Madmax

Gotta admire those who make such great quality works so quickly.
"Finish what you started human!" - Kamaji from Spirited Away
Overthinker

Postby Mad-Mutt » Sat Dec 08, 2012 10:17 pm

For True Order:

Dude we were just disagreeing with you not ripping your head off and putting it on display. Don't freak out.
Bark

Postby TheLivingCouch » Sat Dec 08, 2012 10:24 pm

J-Dude wrote:Also, speaking of fanfiction:

Hmm... Will certainly take a look at it. Need to finish reading chapter 8 of your dang fic as well J-Dude. Oh, and look at this: So Long and Thanks For All the Ponies AND Paradise have updated on the same night!? This must be my lucky day. Must get to reading.

PreviousNext

Return to Bleed Forum (Comics and Animation)