My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic!

The forum for Bleedman fans! Feel free to discuss other comics and cartoons, as well.

Moderator: Mod Squad

Re: My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic!

Postby Marquis de Soth » Tue Dec 04, 2012 8:05 am

dj1107 wrote:Step 1: Spike writes letter Step 2: Celestia gets letter, Step 3: Celestia banishes Trixie to the moon in a surprise attack. BOOM Done. But as I've learn with this show Celestia cares as much for her kingdom as Ultra King does for his.

Because having an all-powerful deity solve all your problems for you would make for a very boring episode.
Marquis de Soth

Postby True Order » Tue Dec 04, 2012 10:56 am

Everypony is entitled to thar own opinion. etc. etc. pointless detail, oinkish pea nail.

I'm a little surprised on the general fandom's opinion of Diamond Tiara. I often forget that the majority of other people aren't as observant, or perhaps the term is analytically flexible, as me.

In episode titled One Bad Apple the focus was on a Babs Seed. She was a bully for the entire episode but in the end it was proven that she bullied purely to avoid being bullied as she was frequently while in Manehatten.

Did anyone think that maybe Silver Spoon and the other one are perhaps bullied elsewhere? An older sibling? An abusive parent? Perhaps they were brutally bullied when they were blank flanks?! And just as High school Seniors torment freshmen who will likely torment freshmen when they're seniors they followed example to taste the feel of the other side, some enjoy that taste and seek more others don't. Maybe you think they should know better? Well they don't likely because they are too young, lack self-awareness or both.

The point of it all: there's SIGNIFICANTLY more than meets the eye and presumptious statements by the general population annoy me.
"Finish what you started human!" - Kamaji from Spirited Away
Overthinker

Postby Mon-Kitsune » Tue Dec 04, 2012 11:13 am

Marquis de Soth wrote:
dj1107 wrote:Step 1: Spike writes letter Step 2: Celestia gets letter, Step 3: Celestia banishes Trixie to the moon in a surprise attack. BOOM Done. But as I've learn with this show Celestia cares as much for her kingdom as Ultra King does for his.

Because having an all-powerful deity solve all your problems for you would make for a very boring episode.

Yes. Standard rule of good (modern) Drama, NEVER use a Deus ex Machina (a Diabolis ex Machina is OK, but only if you are going for something in the Twilight Zone vein)

True Order wrote:Everypony is entitled to thar own opinion. etc. etc. pointless detail, oinkish pea nail.

I'm a little surprised on the general fandom's opinion of Diamond Tiara. I often forget that the majority of other people aren't as observant, or perhaps the term is analytically flexible, as me.

In episode titled One Bad Apple the focus was on a Babs Seed. She was a bully for the entire episode but in the end it was proven that she bullied purely to avoid being bullied as she was frequently while in Manehatten.

Did anyone think that maybe Silver Spoon and the other one are perhaps bullied elsewhere? An older sibling? An abusive parent? Perhaps they were brutally bullied when they were blank flanks?! And just as High school Seniors torment freshmen who will likely torment freshmen when they're seniors they followed example to taste the feel of the other side, some enjoy that taste and seek more others don't. Maybe you think they should know better? Well they don't likely because they are too young, lack self-awareness or both.

The point of it all: there's SIGNIFICANTLY more than meets the eye and presumptious statements by the general population annoy me.

Siver Spoon I can believe (she goes along with Tiara les Tiara turns on her) Diamond Tiara herself is a little harder to pin this one. We've seen her Dad, (Filthy Rich) and he is most definnitely NOT an abusive parent (a neglectful one maybe, but not abusive) If anything he seems to by an large be a very indugent one. And that's probably where a lot of the bullying comes from a combination of no one really putting any limits on "daddy's little princess" and a dad who is too busy to really give his daughter much personal attention, resulting in a very emotionally needy and insecure individual. It a pretty standard stock character. We've never seen DT's mother or any of her sibings (assuming the former is even alive and the latter even exists) so there could be abuse there, but if there is, we haven't seen it yet.
"For I have heard the Song of War, and to me, it sounds just like "Please, Mister Custer.""

Cogito Ergot Sum, "I think there is something wrong with this rye bread." (Aplogies to Seafrol.)

Postby Marquis de Soth » Tue Dec 04, 2012 1:41 pm

Diamond Tiara is much the same as Angelica was from the Rugrats.
Marquis de Soth

Postby Mad-Mutt » Tue Dec 04, 2012 2:10 pm

I'll say it again, I like Diamond Tiara because she's such a little brat:
http://browse.deviantart.com/?qh=&secti ... 4#/d5mcqio

I don't know why but I find her bitchy attitude so adorable.
Bark

Postby Biostar » Tue Dec 04, 2012 2:37 pm

I have little sympathy for a person who becomes a bully only because someone else bullied them. I can kinda understand Babs Seed doing it to avoid being bullied again, but from what we've seen so far Diamond and Silver are not in danger of being bullied by the other kids. They seem the only particularly nasty ones.

They're just there to serve as antagonists for the CMC.

Postby Mad-Mutt » Tue Dec 04, 2012 2:49 pm

Usually I don't like bully characters either, but certain ones tend to grow on you, like Nelson from the Simpsons or Diamond Tiara for me. Sure sometimes I get pissed by DT's behavior but certain CMC episodes would be boring without her.
What I like about DT is that she knows she's a bitch, but chooses to embrace it. Kind of like how Discord is Chaos and he doesn't try to be anything else. I like DT for probably the same reasons people find Nelson funny.
I'm not saying I like bullies, I use to get into so many fights in school because of those jerks I lost count of how many times I was suspended. I know Diamond Tiara is a bitch but I still find her funny for some reason both when she's dishing it out and when she's getting what's coming to her.
Also, who knows, maybe she actually wants more friends, but doesn't know how to express her feelings in the right way.
Or maybe she's just a brat who didn't get enough hugs and attention from daddy after her mom... just seemed to never be around in the series.
Bark

Postby Mad-Mutt » Tue Dec 04, 2012 3:18 pm

Just found this:

Anyone here love RE:4 as much as me?
Well if you do then you may remember the Regenerators.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HpcZwQx3Ggo
Bark

Postby Lady Haru » Tue Dec 04, 2012 3:28 pm

@Mad-Mutt please do not double post, seriously

i think more Derpys would be just amazing
aren't those muffins soggy though?
Last edited by Lady Haru on Tue Dec 04, 2012 3:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Art thread // Lit Thread // Tumblr 1 // Tumblr 2 // Dreadful Comics
Alopunk - Haru, you are 200% a cutie patootie
Love lost until found

Postby Mad-Mutt » Tue Dec 04, 2012 3:46 pm

Sorry, I didn't know that was a problem. I'll avoid it in the future. And I agree with the more Derpy statement.

Also here's a pretty decent PMV:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lSWLJIyM9_U
Bark

Postby dj1107 » Tue Dec 04, 2012 6:20 pm

@Mon-Kitsune If they didn't want a deus ex machina then they shouldn't have created a character who essentially is god.

Ok another thing that popped up Lets buy for a fact that Twilight is jesus & would accept Trixie apology. What about her friends would they be as forgiving?
Pizza mozzarella, Pizza mozzarella, rella rella.

Postby Mr. Sefrol » Tue Dec 04, 2012 6:37 pm

I think they'd still hold resentment or fear, like they did with Luna. But seeing Twilight accept her would probably lead them to do the same.

And I feel everyone skipped this:
Mr. Sefrol wrote:It could have been argued that messages couldn't be teleported through the barrier, since Twilight had to trick Trixie into letting her back into the dome. But as I said, they left little details out like this that would have helped tell how they had to do it this way instead of that way.
"Cogito, ergo es eggo." A.K.A. "I think, therefore you are a waffle."
An Optimist

Postby Grieffon » Tue Dec 04, 2012 7:01 pm

We never saw anyone other than Twilight forgiving Trixie. Perhaps they still hold some grudges, but over time it will fade, and if Trixie appears again it won't be too hard for them to forgive her.
Mr. Sefrol wrote:But as I said, they left little details out like this that would have helped tell how they had to do it this way instead of that way.

Personally, I'd rather see details like that unexplained instead of putting every little things in the episode. It would let fans have freedom to think of how those things happen. Imaginations is always fun. I think of those details like a piece of art. If the artist has to explained everything about the picture, that wouldn't be a very good artist would it?

Speaking of the Scootaloo episode, I want to bring this up.
There were supposed to be 3 Scootaloo episodes spread across the 2 seasons. Scootaloo’s episodes revolved around the idea that she was technically a handicap; she would never be able to fly. They would be about the conflict between her wanting to be like Rainbow Dash and not being able to ever achieve that dream. In the end, she would discover herself and that there is a difference between what you want and what you’re actually good at; your destiny (her cutie mark would have been scooter-related).

This is a few information that Lauren Faust shared in a small interview back then. I think it was dropped for being "too dark". However, seeing the original "dark" story of Trixie got brought back, I would really love to see that happening.

Postby Mr. Sefrol » Tue Dec 04, 2012 7:34 pm

I read that before. Something like that would be sad, but... we've seen sadder in kid shows.

Remember when Rugrats talked about Chuckie's mom? Yeah...
An Optimist

Postby dj1107 » Tue Dec 04, 2012 8:29 pm

Pizza mozzarella, Pizza mozzarella, rella rella.

Postby Mr. Sefrol » Wed Dec 05, 2012 1:32 am

Amy's art is just so adorable. Her Disney Princess art is wonderful too.
An Optimist

Postby Dibullba » Wed Dec 05, 2012 2:50 am

Postby Mad-Mutt » Wed Dec 05, 2012 8:00 am

Bark

Postby Mr. Sefrol » Wed Dec 05, 2012 2:43 pm

An Optimist

Postby Lady Haru » Wed Dec 05, 2012 5:59 pm

young rarity and fluttershy are too cute
Art thread // Lit Thread // Tumblr 1 // Tumblr 2 // Dreadful Comics
Alopunk - Haru, you are 200% a cutie patootie
Love lost until found

Postby Grieffon » Wed Dec 05, 2012 7:55 pm

Here's some official artwork from the latest episode.

Canterlot Alley

I want to see how that art style would look like if they were actually used in the show. In fact, Children of the Night is using it.

And Magic Duel fanart.
http://jiayi.deviantart.com/art/Magic-Duel-341025166
http://yanoda.deviantart.com/art/The-Duel-341029211

Postby Princess » Wed Dec 05, 2012 11:50 pm

Tuor: Stuff is our resident, hot mess, alcoholic.
Tuor: You foolish fools, no one can tame the stuffaluffagus!
All Men Must Die
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Mr. Sefrol » Thu Dec 06, 2012 3:32 am

Grieffon wrote:I want to see how that art style would look like if they were actually used in the show. In fact, Children of the Night is using it.

HOLY SHI-

I swear my heart just did a flip inside myself looking at how magnificent this is. I'm astounded beyond belief...

Also, here's more Trixie.

A video:
"Forgiveness" is key

And a pic:

Anyone a fan of Discworld and the infamous Rincewind?

Oh, wait, here's another pic.

Patience is a virtue, my friends.
An Optimist

Postby Mad-Mutt » Thu Dec 06, 2012 3:09 pm

Majora's Mask for the win.
Bark

Postby Mr. Sefrol » Thu Dec 06, 2012 7:07 pm

I just keep finding more Trixie comics...

EN GARDE (You knew they'd make this reference... You knew deep down inside yourself...)

And

If one Trixie episode spawned her the fanbase she already has... just imagine how much it will grown now...
An Optimist

PreviousNext

Return to Bleed Forum (Comics and Animation)