My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic!

The forum for Bleedman fans! Feel free to discuss other comics and cartoons, as well.

Moderator: Mod Squad

Re: My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic!

Postby Mad-Mutt » Sat Dec 01, 2012 1:31 pm

Continuing the tradition of sharing my somewhat random thoughts of the new episode:

Congrats on finally being a real villain Trixie (for this episode at least) until now you seemed more like a joke to me.

Pinkie reminds me of Kenny.

Fluttershy has a teddy bear?

Lyra just doesn't give a buck does she?

Second magic duel = so much fanfiction fodder.   

Oh look, another dome plot!

I really liked the way this one opened.

Animal Juggling!

Don't think any of these count as spoilers because they have little to nothing to do with the plot.

Mr. Sefrol wrote:Found a couple cute gifs.

MY DREAM HAS COME TRUE!!!
Last edited by Anonymous on Sat Dec 01, 2012 1:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Stuck one of those in a spoiler tag, it's a little too close for my tastes
Bark

Postby Mr. Sefrol » Sat Dec 01, 2012 1:33 pm

Lyra? What... did she do? *didn't notice her*

P.S. You're welcome Mutt :3
"Cogito, ergo es eggo." A.K.A. "I think, therefore you are a waffle."
An Optimist

Postby Mad-Mutt » Sat Dec 01, 2012 1:36 pm

Mr. Sefrol wrote:Lyra? What... did she do? *didn't notice her*

P.S. You're welcome Mutt :3

Twi and Trixie were throwing down the second time and Lyra was just sipping away on a soda not giving a damn.   

A new Mr. Poniator video: http://mrponiator.deviantart.com/art/Tr ... -340646577
Last edited by Anonymous on Sat Dec 01, 2012 1:41 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: Now that is definitely spoiler territory
Bark

Postby Mr. Sefrol » Sat Dec 01, 2012 1:42 pm

That link was posted twice last page actually XD everyone was surprised he got that out so quick.

And thanks. Need to go check that moment out.

EDIT: Oh, NOW I see it. you can    hear the sound of her sipping on the wheat(?) soda in the background and everything.   
An Optimist

Postby Mad-Mutt » Sat Dec 01, 2012 1:46 pm

Just found this and you all may know by now that I'm a bit of a Derpy and Doctor shipping fan:
http://shwiggityshwah.deviantart.com/ar ... -339416724
Bark

Postby Grieffon » Sat Dec 01, 2012 2:15 pm

Aging spell. That can explain so many things. Celestia's immortality, Luna growth since S1, Cadance being the Crystal princess.   

Also, hooray for continuity (spoiler)

Postby J-Dude » Sat Dec 01, 2012 2:34 pm

Well that was fun.

Even so though, it really did have its ups and downs...

I loved the opening, felt like it came from an epic fantasy movie or something. I do wonder where Trixie got all that money though...

The Alicorn Amulet... That right there is so intriguing in itself. Partly fanservice for sure, given the show has never used the word alicorn before this. Of course, it might not actually be a confirmation that Celestia and Luna are the subject of the word per the canon, but still.

As pointed out, Fluttershy got a lot of great moments in this one. Someone went to town in writing her stuff in this episode.

The duel itself... Ulgh, it almost feels like Twilight's gotten a downgrade. She seems to have issues carrying things WAY smaller than the ursa minor, and come on, the sign of magical mastery in this is an aging spell? What a gip.

Of course, the stuff with Zecora was pretty good. Seeing Twilight standing atop the surface of a pond, serenely levitating three rotating spheres of water felt like something out of Star Wars or something.

And... *sigh* ... Duel round two.

Just when it looked like we were getting the flashy showdown we'd been hoping for, with duplication spells and a rule63-spell (Jesus, that was one of those "wut" moments if ever there was one)...

Ugh... So I expected Zecora's amulet to be a dud, and it just be Twilight's Power, but this IS a show called fucking "Friendship is Magic" so apparently everything we just saw was an illusion. This is such a GREAT payoff to all the buildup after months and even YEARS of waiting for this episode, I could shit myself... Fuck friendship in the ass on this one, I wanted to see shit go down!   

(And on that note, fuck Breaking Dawn Part 2, for giving us a hilarious and ridiculous decapitaton-finale and then taking it all back and telling us it was a fucking DREAM! Directors cut had better keep that shit for the ending, I want to see Twitard tears!)

With Twilight's prowess being what it's been proven to be in the past, I feel like there should be a battle between two gods by now, casually hurling shit that takes out entire continents or something. I hate that this was handled like a goddamn rap-battle without the lyrics or the curb-stomping. If I weren't already writing a damn pony-war right now, I'd probably START doing it just to get this all out.   
Harry intentionally used the occlumantic link to see Voldemort's thoughts. He was flicking lit matches at Lucius Malfoy.
"Your pain bores me," said Darth Nonose. "Go fetch Severus. I have some death for him."
Wazit_Blade: "Gah! J-Dude just invaded the thread!"

Postby Grieffon » Sat Dec 01, 2012 3:44 pm

@J-Dude: If that was how it played out, this series would be better off directed by Michael Bay. Fancy actions, no story. Though it's still "safe", S3 has already been generally darker, probably for the the older fans, so it should be appreciated.

And you seriously expected something good out of the Twilight series?

Postby J-Dude » Sat Dec 01, 2012 4:37 pm

Grieffon wrote:@J-Dude: If that was how it played out, this series would be better off directed by Michael Bay. Fancy actions, no story. Though it's still "safe", S3 has already been generally darker, probably for the the older fans, so it should be appreciated.

And you seriously expected something good out of the Twilight series?

All I ask is for some consistency. Twilight put a DAM back together in the last season. I was expecting some grandios feats of raw power, not something arbitrary like an "aging spell". I don't want to be TOLD I'm supposed to be impressed she can do that, I want to be SHOWN. If it had been somehow established in past continuity, that would be one thing, but here it comes out of nowhere and asks that we pretty please be impressed.

I at LEAST expected to see them compare how much they could levitate, though admittedly Trixie DID turn Twilight's house upside down.

Boast Busters was an awesome episode, because in the end Twilight showed just how powerful she really was, and in this one it's all downplayed. We're told specifically that Twilight's magic power has grown since she arrived in Ponyville, but we see her shug sweat off her forehead after levitating a few animals into a figure eight. Her magical power has all the consistency anymore of John Carter's super-strength, except that in THAT movie it was for plot-convenience. Here, I have no explanation.

Also, Breaking Dawn Part 2 was a MASTERPIECE of rifftastic hilarity, taking every bad thing about it and cranking it up to eleven and making it so bad it's awesome. That last fight scene was slated to make it one of the most enjoyable things I'd seen all year, but then they yanked the rug out and killed the buzz. It was ALWAYS going to be a terrible movie, but it was ALMOST the PERFECT terrible movie. Y'know?
Harry intentionally used the occlumantic link to see Voldemort's thoughts. He was flicking lit matches at Lucius Malfoy.
"Your pain bores me," said Darth Nonose. "Go fetch Severus. I have some death for him."

Postby Grieffon » Sat Dec 01, 2012 5:20 pm

J-Dude wrote:   We're told specifically that Twilight's magic power has grown since she arrived in Ponyville, but we see her shug sweat off her forehead after levitating a few animals into a figure eight   

Let me put it this way.    Those animals weren't a single thing, they were separated objects. Twilight was controlling each animal to move in a different direction. That would be about as difficult as writing using 2 hands at once.

As for the aging spell, well, it's more about skill, not power, do it doesn't look impressive.   

Postby dj1107 » Sat Dec 01, 2012 8:34 pm

Well I think I finally found a episode I disliked, This was pretty much both dark & has a bizarre level of stupidity. I'll wait until Monday to give my review on why I dislike this episode & see how many people think I'm crazy because of it.
Pizza mozzarella, Pizza mozzarella, rella rella.

Postby Xendyl » Sat Dec 01, 2012 9:40 pm

Whelp, this episode didn't manage to make me change my mind about how much I hate Trixie. (But I still found it entertaining) At the very least, I'll tolerate her if she has any future appearances.

Postby dj1107 » Sat Dec 01, 2012 10:10 pm

She won't for me....1 point I'll give this episode that made me laugh: Saddle Arabia. Map to this world just keeps getting bigger & bigger......

Postby TheLivingCouch » Sat Dec 01, 2012 11:01 pm

After like forever we finally have a new episode of the Mentally Advanced Series. Woot!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mBW_xk6efUo&feature=g-u

Postby Mr. Sefrol » Sun Dec 02, 2012 5:51 am

An Optimist

Postby J-Dude » Sun Dec 02, 2012 6:38 am

Actually, I take back what I said about the ambiguity of the term "alicorn". I hadn't realized before that the amulet actually portrayed a sharp-featured pony with a horn and wings. Not a whole lot of room for interpretation there...

Also, am I the only one who kinda hoped Celestia would arrive during all of Trixie's crap, ask what the fuck the meaning of it all was, and eject Trixie from Canterlot entirely for attempting to seize a village within her kingdom? And on that note, is there such thing as city guards or a police force in any settlement outside of Canterlot? I'd think the authorities might just have something to say about a power-mad unicorn randomly deploying hexes onto the citizenry, and usurping and isolating the town from the rest of Equestria... I mean, I know if Twilight can't do it then anyone else who tries is even more screwed, but I expect them to at LEAST cite that laws are being broken.   

Postby Mon-Kitsune » Sun Dec 02, 2012 10:13 am

J-Dude wrote:Actually, I take back what I said about the ambiguity of the term "alicorn". I hadn't realized before that the amulet actually portrayed a sharp-featured pony with a horn and wings. Not a whole lot of room for interpretation there...

Also, am I the only one who kinda hoped Celestia would arrive during all of Trixie's crap, ask what the fuck the meaning of it all was, and eject Trixie from Canterlot entirely for attempting to seize a village within her kingdom? And on that note, is there such thing as city guards or a police force in any settlement outside of Canterlot? I'd think the authorities might just have something to say about a power-mad unicorn randomly deploying hexes onto the citizenry, and usurping and isolating the town from the rest of Equestria... I mean, I know if Twilight can't do it then anyone else who tries is even more screwed, but I expect them to at LEAST cite that laws are being broken.   

At bare mimimum, I sort of expected Twilight to say something along the lines of "we'll get this to Celestia as soon as possible" once they actually HAD the amulet in thier posession, of hand the box to Spike to be blow sent there (assuming Spike's fire can trasport objects as well as messages). That is that the Amulet would be sent to Canterlot to be put under Celestia's guard. This probably is what we are supposed to assume was done anyway (or the box was handed over to Celestia when she showed up with the Saddle Arabians. But the way the ending played out leaves open the possibility that Twilight or Zecora may be planning to simply keep the amulet themselves. That seems a little risky given how corrupting it can be. The Alicorn amulet is a bit like the One Ring, the tempation of it's power is too great to be sure you can be above it's corruption. Twilight is clearly not going to put it on now. But what happens down the road, when she is faced with some crisis that seems to be beyond her power, or she thinks one of her friends in in serios danger? There's the amulet sitting in that box, a key to basically unlimited power. That's a lot of temptation. And how about when she and her friends start getting older. If you can do ageing spells with it, you could presumably use it to keep yourself and those you care about young (and immortal?) forever. (Boy, now that I think it through the Alicorn Amulet is EXACTLY like the One Ring, if not stronger.) And if it is in Zecora's hooves, what's to stop her succumbing. No one is totally free of corruption.   
"For I have heard the Song of War, and to me, it sounds just like "Please, Mister Custer.""

Cogito Ergot Sum, "I think there is something wrong with this rye bread." (Aplogies to Seafrol.)

Postby Mad-Mutt » Sun Dec 02, 2012 5:55 pm

This is the greatest debate of all time from two of the greatest characters of all time!
Fluttershy and Bison:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dzpwl2bHFco
Bark

Postby Saint Soul » Sun Dec 02, 2012 6:01 pm

Ha. Nice.
"Small muscles, big brain, the heart of a lion."
—Anthony DiNozzo on Timothy McGee
User formaly known as Soulchild

Postby J-Dude » Mon Dec 03, 2012 3:05 pm

Oh Jesus, I just realized something.

I missed that when Trixie fired that spell after Rainbow made off with the Amulet, she specifically said the spell was supposed to make her writhe in agony.

Jesus Christ! How'd I miss that?! She was straight-up moving into torture in a children's show!

...That's fucking AWESOME! =D   

Postby Marquis de Soth » Mon Dec 03, 2012 4:06 pm

It's Monday now, you don't need to have things in spoiler tags.
Marquis de Soth

Postby Mr. Sefrol » Mon Dec 03, 2012 5:04 pm

I'm surprised no one noticed that so far. She's really the only antagonist in the series that TRIED to cause debilitating physical pain to someone in the cast directly. Nightmare Moon came the closest with sending a manticore, but she only made it angry enough to attack. But everyone else... Gilda was just a bully, Discord messed with all reality for simple fun, Chrysalis got one shot off on Celestia, but only while defending herself and got lucky, and King Sombra didn't show much anything of a motive aside from wanting to take control, let alone how.

I do hope we see more of Trixie soon. Maybe something like Nightmare Night, how everyone was afraid of Luna for her past deeds and shown ways to win people over, only with that Trixie flair.
An Optimist

Postby dj1107 » Mon Dec 03, 2012 6:36 pm

Well I got out most of my aggression on why I hated this episode at rangerboard (you can read my post there) but let me get into my biggest problem with this movie. The fact that Trixie is forgiven so easily is just bullshit! If it was just to make Twilight look bad & afterwards she apologies I might buy it, but the fact that she held ALL OF PONYVILLE CAPTIVE on got off scott-free is just wrong, & don't anyone say "It was the amulet corrupting her" thats a bigger load of bullshit & you know it She was a bitch before her revenge & she was bitch during the revenge.

Postby Marquis de Soth » Mon Dec 03, 2012 6:41 pm

That's part of the episode's lesson    Image
Marquis de Soth

Postby Mr. Sefrol » Mon Dec 03, 2012 6:45 pm

There was a lesson?
An Optimist

PreviousNext

Return to Bleed Forum (Comics and Animation)