Destiny by Bungie

100% GAMES! Use this forum to discuss any game in any context and to organize get-togethers, guilds, and tournaments with your fellow Snafu posters.

Moderator: Mod Squad

Destiny by Bungie

Postby DaCrum » Fri Nov 30, 2012 4:14 pm

So some concept art for Bungie's new game was released today. Figured I let you guys know. Looks pretty cool, but right now almost everything is speculation. Personally, I like the environments they are creating. It looks like it will be a good departure from the archetype Halo created.
Escape will make me God.
65124_134_12++[CMND PRAMA +49c2]

Re: Destiny by Bungie

Postby Wulfespinndel » Fri Nov 30, 2012 11:55 pm

I'm more hyped for Marathon 4 to be honest. But that's not to say I'm not interested. I was also impatient for what else Bungie had in store, so it's good to see something completely new from them. And I totally dig the story; I was getting tired of Halo, as much as I love it.
Water does not resist. Water flows. When you plunge your hand into it, all you feel is a caress. Water is
not a solid wall, it will not stop you. But water always goes where it wants to go, and nothing in the end
can stand against it. Water is patient. Dripping water wears away a stone. Remember that, my child.
Remember you are half water. If you can't go through an obstacle, go around it. Water does.
This too shall pass.

Postby DaCrum » Sun Feb 17, 2013 4:08 pm

New update.

Rosso, you do know that they're not making a Marathon 4? All of Bungie is working on Destiny.
Escape will make me God.

Postby Wulfespinndel » Mon Feb 18, 2013 2:58 am

Sure they are right now, but it was confirmed in 2012 though, and that was through court documents relating to the Bungie/Activision partnership, one out of four games specifically.

And until now I didn't realize Destiny was another FPS they're making.
Water does not resist. Water flows. When you plunge your hand into it, all you feel is a caress. Water is
not a solid wall, it will not stop you. But water always goes where it wants to go, and nothing in the end
can stand against it. Water is patient. Dripping water wears away a stone. Remember that, my child.
Remember you are half water. If you can't go through an obstacle, go around it. Water does.
This too shall pass.

Postby Tuor » Mon Feb 18, 2013 3:52 am

This looks very cool, holy cow, I'm excited.
"Suddenly Frodo noticed that a strange-looking weather-beaten man, sitting in the shadows near the wall, was also listening intently to the hobbit-talk. He had a tall tankard in front of him, and was smoking a long-stemmed pipe curiously carved. His legs were stretched out before him, showing high boots of supple leather that fitted him well, but had seen much wear and were now caked with mud. A travel-stained cloak of heavy dark-green cloth was drawn close about him, and in spite of the heat of the room he wore a hood that overshadowed his face; but the gleam of his eyes could be seen as he watched the hobbits."
Rest Easy Ethan

Postby Asmodai » Mon Feb 18, 2013 7:29 am

Eh, looks very "been there, done that"

I especially don't like how Bungie is talking about it as if they're doing something new... "My body is ready" ugh
Mephobiac

Postby Tuor » Mon Feb 18, 2013 8:05 am

*shrug* seems to have some new aspects to me, and the feel of the game is quite appealing, I can't quite put my finger on why.
"Suddenly Frodo noticed that a strange-looking weather-beaten man, sitting in the shadows near the wall, was also listening intently to the hobbit-talk. He had a tall tankard in front of him, and was smoking a long-stemmed pipe curiously carved. His legs were stretched out before him, showing high boots of supple leather that fitted him well, but had seen much wear and were now caked with mud. A travel-stained cloak of heavy dark-green cloth was drawn close about him, and in spite of the heat of the room he wore a hood that overshadowed his face; but the gleam of his eyes could be seen as he watched the hobbits."
Rest Easy Ethan

Postby Panty Anarchy » Tue Feb 19, 2013 12:07 am

oh look, a sc-fi first-person shooter with aliens. that's fresh.
I am thou... Thou art I... From the sea of thy soul, I come...
Soulchild: u thnk evry thng stupid.
DaCrum: Warbear, why did you suddenly become pretty cool? Stop it.
BR:love is just a boner everyone is looking to fart on warbear
Slutty Angel

Postby Blood Lord » Tue Feb 19, 2013 12:28 am

Bungie has done pretty well in the past, its the Activision part I don't like.
Stufflikehearts - He is a Sith Lord. I love Blood Lord :3
Jeffffey - Blood, you look at the information someone says, look over what really happened, and reply in a way that makes them realize what they were really thinking.
Light10s - Blood Lord! Your avatars are becoming more epic. You make me feel like getting on all fours and submitting my loyalty and obedience to you.
Fievel - Numerous campaigns and conquests, countless bodies decaying after the abandonment of victorious battlefields. Such is the life of Blood Lord.
Dusk_Imp - Blood Lord is like a celebrity here. Everything he does is pure awesome. ALL HAIL BLOOD LORD
Doctress Who - Why couldn't there be a Blood Lord in every forum? It would make life so much easier.
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby DaCrum » Tue Feb 19, 2013 12:29 am

Yeah, same here. Especially since it is an MMO, I imagine Bungie would be fine with FTP, but Activision, I cannot see liking that. Bungie has always tried to be at the forefront of multiplayer games, so who knows how this might turn out.
Escape will make me God.

Postby Senel » Tue Feb 19, 2013 12:52 am

Bungie is trying to make it clear that this isn't a MMO.

Also Bungie knows how to do space, power armor, and mutants. I'm excited for this title.

I imagine activision would try to do something like Tribe's microtransaction system. Although I can imagine Bungie not doing it altogether.

Postby Asmodai » Tue Feb 19, 2013 5:24 am

I dont care what Bungie says, this is an MMO

"These are living, open worlds with evolving stories, changing time of day…and every one is full of players," says engineering lead Chris Butcher. "Destiny is an always online experience, but it's not an MMO."

Read: PR bullshit

This is a MMO, as much as Planetside 2 is one as well
Mephobiac

Postby Vampire Hiryu » Thu Feb 21, 2013 5:13 pm

I'mma just leave this here, alright?

ImageImageImage
Such a lovely maiden
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Wulfespinndel » Thu Feb 21, 2013 11:19 pm

The Playstation 3 has no games.

So does the Playstation 4. Ignore the fact Destiny was even at PS4's unveiling.
This too shall pass.

Postby Senel » Fri Feb 22, 2013 12:44 am

Killwhat?
God of who?

Postby DaCrum » Fri Feb 22, 2013 5:45 pm

Last of what?
Who the fuck is Drake?

I play Xbox and even I get this, but this thread is about Destiny, so...

I think it is much too early to make any calls for this game. They have shown very little gameplay(if any), so all these people that are saying it's going to fail have about as much evidence for that as those who think it'll be the next big hit.
Escape will make me God.

Postby Wulfespinndel » Sat Feb 23, 2013 2:19 pm

Indeed, I want to see more of this game.

It's so eerie though, just looking at the Destiny poster...looks a lot like the Marathon poster. Funny thing is I also found an easter egg which I was late on finding out showing that Destiny was actually planned a few years ago, when Halo 3: ODST was out.
This too shall pass.

Return to Snafu Gaming