Snafu Therapy Thread. This topic is under Mod protection

Arizona Telephone Directory - Illegal Business Operations

Moderator: Mod Squad

Re: Snafu Therapy Thread.

Postby Tuor » Sun Nov 11, 2012 5:42 pm

That sucks, War. I'm sorry.
"Suddenly Frodo noticed that a strange-looking weather-beaten man, sitting in the shadows near the wall, was also listening intently to the hobbit-talk. He had a tall tankard in front of him, and was smoking a long-stemmed pipe curiously carved. His legs were stretched out before him, showing high boots of supple leather that fitted him well, but had seen much wear and were now caked with mud. A travel-stained cloak of heavy dark-green cloth was drawn close about him, and in spite of the heat of the room he wore a hood that overshadowed his face; but the gleam of his eyes could be seen as he watched the hobbits."
Rest Easy Ethan

Postby EagleMan » Mon Nov 12, 2012 5:58 pm

It does. I've been there too War. You'll be a little out of it for a while but you should come out okay. Try to take comfort in routine if you can.

Postby Warbear » Mon Nov 12, 2012 9:37 pm

I've also had some stress-induced tendonitis goin' on in my foot since I moved into my apartment. It had gone away for a couple days, but it came back at work today.

YAY ADULTHOOD.
I am thou... Thou art I... From the sea of thy soul, I come...
Soulchild: u thnk evry thng stupid.
DaCrum: Warbear, why did you suddenly become pretty cool? Stop it.
BR:love is just a boner everyone is looking to fart on warbear
Wild Card

Postby True Order » Tue Nov 20, 2012 10:34 am

So...

got the results back for MRI and EEG. I am perfectly fine, aside from the aforementioned migraines.

But on the plus side I got an increased dosage, a large enough amount that the pills explode out of the bottle (or whatever) occasionally when I open it.

I still get headaches and have been filling particularly feverish for the last few days or so. I don't know whats up with that.

So on the other end of the therapeutic spectrum: I have had some issues with application of creativity.

I've been closely watching a handful of artists talk and draw about this or that. And aside from having the occasional RL issue their main problem seems to be lack of inspiration.

What sucks is I have that. OODLES of it, enough theoretical paper to kill a man with blunt head trauma.

I can not for the life of me find a way for me to apply it all in a way that satisfies me. The images, the strange unseeables, the miracles and the truths. I wish to share these with the world in a way that will benefit all who see it.

I seem to be switching on and off between writing and drawing. I am mutually skilled in both but am not really good at either.

Bleh.....
"Finish what you started human!" - Kamaji from Spirited Away
Overthinker

Postby DaCrum » Tue Nov 20, 2012 5:34 pm

Then go inspire yourself. Too many people try to sit in their little world to inspire themselves. Don't. Go out and find inspiration. Charity work, walking down the street, good cinema and books. Take a trip.
Escape will make me God.
65124_134_12++[CMND PRAMA +49c2]

Postby Senel » Wed Nov 21, 2012 12:18 am

I fear I am entering the early stages of arthritis.

My family has a long history of it and I am dreading it.
Pelvic Sorcery

Postby Blood Lord » Wed Nov 21, 2012 12:24 am

I heard being active can slow that down.

Postby Senel » Wed Nov 21, 2012 12:31 am

Well I have a home workout routine that I do four times a week that lasts 45 minutes, I lift weights, and run about three times a week. Might be carpel tunnel but I'm not sure.
Pelvic Sorcery

Postby Rough Giraffe » Wed Nov 21, 2012 5:56 pm

Learn to type and use your mouse without your arm resting against the desk. It helps to keep your wrists slightly raised. If you can't do that, get a soft gel pad to put on the desk, or move your keyboard back a little or lift your chair a little so you have to stretch or lift your arms up more to type. For the mouse, a soft gel pad is better if you can get used to using it.
A little bit Ruff around the edges

Postby Mr. Sefrol » Sun Nov 25, 2012 6:47 pm

Apparently they're putting in tile into the house, taking out all the carpeting for it... It's going to look ugly, I'll have to climb through my window to get into my room for a couple days, my Uncle's furniture is going to be stored in my room while he's sleeping in the car (he sleeps on the couch...), and it's going to make the house a freakin ice box without the carpet. Thank god that doesn't effect me. It's already freezing in this offshoot of the house. Oh, and since the box for the internet is hooked up in the living room, internet is going to be down until it's all done. Or until my uncle finds another good place in the house to put it.

On top of all that, My grandfather is paying for it all just because his new wife wants it for no good reason, costing him over 10 grand. Thank you you gold digging bitch :D
"Cogito, ergo es eggo." A.K.A. "I think, therefore you are a waffle."
An Optimist

Postby Mr. Sefrol » Mon Nov 26, 2012 1:40 pm

Well, looks like internet's still here. So he found a place to set it up then.

But now on my other side of the family, my uncle's fallen back into his old addict ways and tearing the family apart in the process. Grandma's defending him even after all the times he's screwed her over, taking thousands upon thousands of dollars from her, mooching off her, and making her lie for him. She's already lost one son this year, and she might lose another if he keeps doing what he's doing. No one is prepared to handle her passing... She's just too weak to take all this stress.

*sigh* ... Nothing I can do at all for either of my grandparents and it's eating me up inside.
An Optimist

Postby Yog » Tue Nov 27, 2012 8:48 pm

Hey everyone. I got something interesting to talk about.

So. I told myself I wouldn't talk about this, but I guess I need a place if any.

I thought I'd be coming back in a year, but the reason behind my, umm, rapid recovery, is due to me being in a psych hospital for two month.

I have to say, it really helped me. I am now extremely close to my parents, have conquered my fears with people (for the most part), and almost completely dropped alcohol.

Problem, though. Many people that live near me found out. And now I get treated like a complete and total nutcase.

It very much sucks.

So. I came back here.

It's something that I'm ok with sharing, though. I got better because of it, and I'm proud for it.
Resident Old God

Postby Hiroko » Tue Nov 27, 2012 9:09 pm

I'm glad to hear that things have been looking up for you for the most part, Yog. :)

...And, while I'm at it posting here...

@Pwned: I'm sorry to hear about your troubles. I hope things turn out for the best, that your uncle comes to his senses (or at least has the decency to leave his own mother out of this) and that your grandma will be okay.
The Sentimental One

Postby Icha » Tue Nov 27, 2012 10:55 pm

My only instinct would be to confront your uncle somehow, but I've never faced such a thing before. I do know that if something happens, you might blame yourself for not doing anything. May as well try something, right?
One time when I was high, I thought I was in an ambulance dying. Turns out I was just eating sherbert.
-stufflikehearts-

Postby Yog » Wed Nov 28, 2012 12:10 am

Addiction is a fucker that needs to be kicked as fast as possible.

But listen. Being addicted to anything, you can't just kick it, or say it's wrong. Addicts tend to justify their addictions. They make up reasons for them, use them as crutches. At least, when it's an addiction that they use to escape.

No matter what, though, you can't ever accept what your uncle's doing. Don't outright reject, don't accept either.

What really works is to make him realize what he's doing to the people around him. Show him the effects of his mooching, and the fact that he's damaging his own family. Plan an intervention. And, if worst comes to worst, show him that his actions will only make him alone, in the end.

He has a family to care about. No matter how strong the addiction, he should see that.
Resident Old God

Postby Mr. Sefrol » Wed Nov 28, 2012 2:52 am

He is one to justify it or avoid giving an answer that makes him out to look bad. Last week he just went on a shoplifting spree and stole just a bunch of junk. Heard that's what some people would do, steal a list of things a dealer wants, then give them drugs in exchange.

And I wish I could do something for him. But I don't really know what. I don't know where he lives, how to contact him, everyone but grandma has downright given up on him and doesn't want to deal with him, and he's hurt me just recently as well selling the bike I sold him for drug money. He's been at this for more than 30 years... It just hurts seeing him how everyone else does after knowing him so long. I would like to have an intervention with him, but most likely he's already been to a few already in the span of those years. what hope do I have to help him?
An Optimist

Postby Yog » Wed Nov 28, 2012 8:03 am

Mr. Sefrol wrote:He is one to justify it or avoid giving an answer that makes him out to look bad. Last week he just went on a shoplifting spree and stole just a bunch of junk. Heard that's what some people would do, steal a list of things a dealer wants, then give them drugs in exchange.

And I wish I could do something for him. But I don't really know what. I don't know where he lives, how to contact him, everyone but grandma has downright given up on him and doesn't want to deal with him, and he's hurt me just recently as well selling the bike I sold him for drug money. He's been at this for more than 30 years... It just hurts seeing him how everyone else does after knowing him so long. I would like to have an intervention with him, but most likely he's already been to a few already in the span of those years. what hope do I have to help him?

Well, at one point, Pabst, you gotta look at what this is doing to you. It's not fair that he causes pain to you like this.

I know this sounds cruel, but... you might have to just let him go.
Resident Old God

Postby Birdofterror » Wed Nov 28, 2012 4:04 pm

Jesus, I've never heard of someone living his entire adult life doing nothing but this and not stopping.

I would say count your blessings you are not him, but that isn't very nice at all. I've never had an addiction before; I've lived my entire life trying to avoid things that cause me to lose control of myself, so if there's anything I can relate to it would be the fear of loss.

My grandparents on both hereditary sides have all died from heart failure, and they all had one thing in common. They were all alone.

I would say just keep trying to convince her that he's no good, as if that would work anyway, but at the same time if they do end up separated or anything like that she would be left all alone.

All of my senior relatives died of heart attacks when they were alone, probably due to the stress of being alone. If nothing else, he would keep her company in better or worse.

If this comes off as a mite controversial or something, I apologize in advance, but I know I don't want to be alone in the end, knowing all that awaits me tomorrow is the potential for death.

They have lived their entire adult lives this way, maybe it's not as bad as we make it out to be because we haven't been in their shoes, but nothing could be worse than the alternative in my opinion... There is no single easy answer to any of these major questions, there never is...
"It's such a fine line between clever and stupid."

The Chronometal Wars, a fan-fiction taking place in the PPGD Universe. Catastrophe is the only certainty.
Bird oft Error

Postby Yog » Wed Nov 28, 2012 4:16 pm

Birdofterror, addictions are very... Rough. Its a bit more complicated than you think.
Resident Old God

Postby Birdofterror » Wed Nov 28, 2012 4:19 pm

Yog wrote:Birdofterror, addictions are very... Rough. Its a bit more complicated than you think.
Well what I think and what I have said aren't exactly the same. I've lived around addiction, from minor things to some of the heavier stuff I have resisted the temptation through sheer fear of what addiction is at its core.

I have seen others with it, but it has never gone as far as what you guys have explained. I haven't experienced your guys' life, so I'm only speaking from my limited experience with such things. I'm not trying to be a burden on the conversation, but if I am being so I will leave you guys to it.
"It's such a fine line between clever and stupid."

The Chronometal Wars, a fan-fiction taking place in the PPGD Universe. Catastrophe is the only certainty.
Bird oft Error

Postby Yog » Wed Nov 28, 2012 4:22 pm

Hrm.

Well, thanks for respecting the boundaries of others, dude. Very mature of you.
Resident Old God

Postby Warbear » Wed Nov 28, 2012 7:45 pm

Hey Yog, I feel like this is something you might know. What's a good way to deal with anxiety?
Wild Card

Postby Yog » Wed Nov 28, 2012 7:55 pm

Awesome.

Use music. Get those large headphones and just zone out on the most relaxing music you have.

Smoke weed.

There's this one visualization technique I used. Sit down somewhere comfy and close your eyes. Imagine that in each of your limbs, there is a mental tendril that controls it. Now retract one at a time up to your brain, and just sit there, visualizing the one solid place you are in is your brain.

If you mean in the situation itself, what I do is, mentally distance yourself from the world. Imagine everything is taking place at the end of a long tunnel, and is not even close to you.

Tell me if any of it works.
Resident Old God

Postby Kkeellaacc » Wed Nov 28, 2012 8:04 pm

I just think of every single outcome to a situation and think it over and over again until I'm emotional prepared to deal with the situation.
Signature Under Construction

Postby Warbear » Wed Nov 28, 2012 8:05 pm

It's just general anxiety, not attributed to any singular event.
Wild Card

PreviousNext

Return to The Extrovert Booty Society