9%
Three point what now?
23%
BR
45%

Total votes : 22

This totally snuck up on me

Postby Valhallen » Sat Nov 17, 2012 5:25 am

Evangelion 3.0 comes out today. Last time I checked (a couple months ago), all I saw was that it was due sometime this fall. But here it is now. Thoughts?

Re: This totally snuck up on me

Postby Grey » Sat Nov 17, 2012 10:43 am

i never saw anything past the end of evangelion film

sum things up for me, because i thought the series was pretty incredible.
Suave Brit

Sexiness: Godlike

Postby Rough Giraffe » Sat Nov 17, 2012 11:52 am

Never got into Evangelion.

So I just voted BR.
A little bit Ruff around the edges

Postby Mir@k » Sat Nov 17, 2012 1:42 pm

I didnt even know there was a 2. :C
DeviantArt | Tumblr | Twitter

"Bang and Abscond"
24 Karat
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Sentios » Sat Nov 17, 2012 6:18 pm

Then you missed Ikari Shinji, card carrying badass mode.

/a/ assures us that ShinjixKaworu is OTP and Anno will finally deliver.
Wizard Status. 5 more years

Postby Valhallen » Sat Nov 17, 2012 6:41 pm

Grey wrote:i never saw anything past the end of evangelion film

sum things up for me, because i thought the series was pretty incredible.
It's basically a do-over (a rebuild, if you will) of the same story, with some details different, and things kind of get knocked off the rails as time goes on*. Or maybe it's a sequel (there have been some hints that it may take place after End of Evangelion, somehow). Anyway, think the original series + the original movies reformatted into four much-bigger-budget movies, the third of which just came out. It's lighter on story, heavier on spectacle. Entertaining, but in a different way.

*2.0 ends with    Kaworu impaling Unit 1 to prevent Shinji from kicking off Third Impact after rescuing Rei after she was eaten by one of the angels   .

Postby Vegedus » Sat Nov 17, 2012 6:59 pm

I'm looking forward to the subs. I'm still not sure what to think of the rebuild exactly. The first movie was pretty much the same as the series, abridged a bit, while the second deviated a lot, it was still mostly setting up for upcoming shit hitting the fan rather than actual shit hitting any fans. Maybe it'll end up as good as the original series, maybe not, I won't take it too hard if it's the latter.

I should probably re-watch 2 though because I remember fuck all what happened except there was also that chick with the glasses which were instantly in all the hentai.
Will make apocalypse themed fiction for food

Postby Sentios » Sat Nov 17, 2012 7:11 pm

Valhallen wrote:*2.0 ends with    Kaworu impaling Unit 1 to prevent Shinji from kicking off Third Impact after rescuing Rei after she was eaten by one of the angels   .

He was just upset they didn't have him play the piano for this song. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QKDaCckEt6M

Postby Valhallen » Sat Nov 17, 2012 7:43 pm

Also, the Rebuild movies are lighter on angst and psychological trauma so far, so take that as you will.

Postby Sentios » Sat Nov 17, 2012 7:50 pm

Just thought I'd mention there's a scene of a battle in space posted up on Youtube now.

Postby Rough Giraffe » Sat Nov 17, 2012 8:16 pm

Postby Valhallen » Sat Nov 17, 2012 8:20 pm

Asuka loses an eye in Rebuild too. Only this time, she gets an eyepatch instead of being disemboweled and Tanged.

Postby Grey » Sat Nov 17, 2012 9:39 pm

but i loved the angst and psychological trauma

the way you describe the end of 2.0 suggests a severe reimagining of events i knew
Suave Brit

Sexiness: Godlike

Postby Vegedus » Sat Nov 17, 2012 11:21 pm

Valhallen wrote:Also, the Rebuild movies are lighter on angst and psychological trauma so far, so take that as you will.

BETRAYAAAAAAAAL!!

I bet it's the same people complaining Shinji was a whiny bitch now complaining rebuild doesn't have enough angst.

I might be one of them, I don't remember.

Postby BeeAre » Sun Nov 18, 2012 3:49 am

Preface to BR's wicked sick post: I have been awake for two days. I'm not drug crazy. Have no drugs. Don't really want to eat. I could sleep soon.

okay, man, dude look okay check it, man. it's like this right, right? right:

like, okay see it's this... it's all like... a cycle, a loop of the totality of the existence of that particular imprint of the universe (or omniverse to make it sound wicked sick) loop stuck in Snihji aka God's head, man, trying to reconcile himself as the Father, Son, and Holy Ghost, man, and like, humanity is exemplified in his Bitches and he gotta make a decision to get out of the loop man.

Does he fuck his mom-clone army? Probably a bad idea, but he's conflicted 'n' shit, so the lack of like CONVICTION, MAN, he's like, damn, cycle gotta go over again. Also it all weird fuckin yo mom, anybody do that these days? probably ain't a good idea, she's made of cancer anyway so, man, fuck cancer. by that i mean never fuck cancer, obv. and then what happens, she like, gave his dad hand cancer or like his dad got hand cancer from his mom clone's dad? fuck this family shit, obviously the losing choice here.

Does he fuck the dude who genuinely likes him but is just one of his angel people that didn't make the cut and therefore is pissed but somehow like, understands all the shit and is nice to him in an absolutely non-wicked sick soft way that is all gay and ~fluttershy~ *google does not notice a spelling error with the word fluttershy, BR stares at the screen for five minutes seriously considering the implications and repercussions of this data, his face blank. then he goes on because gay choice is obviously not going to win because the slick, smooth motherfuck gay guy here is all I GOT MONEY AN YO SWEET ASS but God have enough money anyway: god don't need no mo money, and ofc you knowin why.*

Does he fuck the new girl who is basically a wacky aggressive, physically-tuned american--though I distinctly remember she's some specific nationality that is not america--and in the process of fucking her, lose sight of ending the loop and getting stuck in that weird ass false happy world loop that periodically springs up? Bitch is dribblin' for dick, tempting choice.

or does he fuck the angry (valhallen told me she's german so she is a NAZY how can you pass that shit up, man) NAZY bitch who won't like get out of his face, man? Simple answer, man, but ya gotta know why.

Before this whole REBUILD shit, it ened on fuckin' budget cuts, man, and so the happy fake ending thing story about their NORMAL FUCKING LIVES happened in the canon as like this total validity to the cycles they break out of in the big sea of people juice, right? So that and the stupid shit where they couldn't animate like anything else but voice-acted the SHIT out of the dribble they did have, man, that, man, was the results of budget cuts, and the budget they got for this new movie resulted in new Bitch who loves the smell of people juice. see what i'm saiyan here, man? It's like. Give and take, man. she likes the smell of people becoming people juice, eeeewwwwwwwwww. that's a Total yin yang mindfuck, man. *google does not point out the spelling error of mindfuck, but does point out the spelling error of saiyan. considers going SSJ, almost blows up continent, continues doggedly to get to any point*

So obviously if he fucks her, it keeps going, just like he fucks his mind over by fucking his clone mom army, man. And with his you know, he's god so like, man, he can't be getting fucked by the dude, even if he's ~perfect for his bitch-asssssss self~ So what do you do if you're Sjihdni Rakika????

You gotta fuck the angry nasi bitch man. she's the only person with the balls (his balls, God's ballsWHOAAAHHH I BET YOU NEVER FUCKING GOT WHY SHE GETS IMPALED WITH SO MANY DICKS MAN THAT'S GOD/SSNINGEE MAKING A GOD DANM POINT) to get shit done without it seeming all like pointless or whatever and shit? He can totally skull fuck her if she lost an eye, man, whoa.

Eyesocket = 21st century pussy? LET SJINHI ARARKI BE DA JUgDE, man, okay.

Sore You Asska HEH HEH fuck her ass and eyeball. Give dat redhead some PINK EYE FROM HER STINK EYE YEEAAAA--*BR notices that google does not point out Asska as a spelling error. BR merely shake he head. a shameful goolge.*

Then the loop breaks and they let the universe progress to an entire other set of realities with theirs completed, with a good budget to they didn't have to say "gratz" for like ten minutes and five frames and have the dub's voice actor go "THIS DOES NOT MAKE SENSE" during the credits because that dude was, like, right on, man.

Because, man, Because:

Because Christian and generally Catholic dogma is Some Mystical Shit That Has Cool Shit to the Japanese.
Snafu Comics' Forum Alpha Bro, Staff Writer, Editor, Image, and Keeper of the Jar Brain of Secret President. RIP Ku Ku Ku \(-^.^-)/ U Wuz A REAL N***A!!!!!!!
"We're quite aware of this. BR is no happy rainbow face man. He is simply our neighborhood best fucking poster." ~ Warbear
最後の撃は。。。切ない。Puff Most Epic.
Ladies and Gentlemen, The:
BR

Postby Rough Giraffe » Sun Nov 18, 2012 10:27 am

Or it could be simply that the creator of the series is literally insane.

Postby BeeAre » Sun Nov 18, 2012 10:57 pm

Rough Giraffe wrote:Or it could be simply that the creator of the series is literally insane.

wat a newb gainax gainax gainax gainax HOHHHHHH
Snafu Comics' Forum Alpha Bro, Staff Writer, Editor, Image, and Keeper of the Jar Brain of Secret President. RIP Ku Ku Ku \(-^.^-)/ U Wuz A REAL N***A!!!!!!!
"We're quite aware of this. BR is no happy rainbow face man. He is simply our neighborhood best fucking poster." ~ Warbear
BR

Postby Valhallen » Sun Nov 18, 2012 11:51 pm

BeeAre wrote:gainax gainax gainax gainax HOHHHHHH

Postby BeeAre » Mon Nov 19, 2012 11:47 pm

wicked sick jiggle physics dude
BR

Postby Vegedus » Tue Nov 20, 2012 8:47 am

It's no coincidence that's called gainaxing.

Postby BeeAre » Tue Nov 27, 2012 7:08 pm

demonstrate to me more of this verb. is it transitive or intransitive.
BR

Postby Mir@k » Tue Nov 27, 2012 7:19 pm

it is the big titis
DeviantArt | Tumblr | Twitter

"Bang and Abscond"
24 Karat
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby BeeAre » Tue Nov 27, 2012 7:55 pm

Mir@k wrote:it is the big titis

*narrows eyes* continue.
BR

Postby Vegedus » Tue Nov 27, 2012 8:57 pm

When they're animated to bounce and jiggle. And I think it's intranstive, but I had to look up what that even means so I'm not sure. You can't really say "the boobs gainaxed", but you can say "Studio Ghibli films would be better if they did more gainaxing". If it's even a verb. Fuck language.

Postby BeeAre » Tue Nov 27, 2012 9:00 pm

Vegedus wrote:When they're animated to bounce and jiggle. And I think it's intranstive, but I had to look up what that even means so I'm not sure. You can't really say "the boobs gainaxed", but you can say "Studio Ghibli films would be better if they did more gainaxing". If it's even a verb. Fuck language.

Language fuck!
BR

Next

Return to Central Compton Botanical Gardens