The Toonami Thread

The forum for Bleedman fans! Feel free to discuss other comics and cartoons, as well.

Moderator: Mod Squad

Re: Toonami Is Officially Back!

Postby Wulfespinndel » Wed Aug 01, 2012 1:25 am

There's still a lot of episodes to broadcast before they can do anything else. Doubt they'll have SARA on before the end of the year, let alone have ANY major success. It's unfortunate that Saturday night anime doesn't get appreciation due to the lack of it among the team working on Toonami.

JoJo the Animation might be perfect for this if it didn't have copyrighted names.
"Where we are, there’s daggers in men’s smiles."
KR Series Finished: Kuuga, Agito, Ryuki, Faiz, Blade, OOO, Fourze, Wizard
Reset. Recalibrate.

Postby Biostar » Thu Aug 02, 2012 12:27 pm

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2012-07-31/samurai-7-anime-debuts-on-toonami-on-august-19

When Deadman Wonderland ends on August 12, it'll be replaced by Samurai 7.

Postby Dibullba » Fri Aug 03, 2012 3:38 am

Samurai 7 is definitely not bad, but it also has a lot of inconsistency in the animation.

Postby Rushira » Sun Aug 12, 2012 1:24 am

Rosso Rose wrote:There's still a lot of episodes to broadcast before they can do anything else. Doubt they'll have SARA on before the end of the year, let alone have ANY major success. It's unfortunate that Saturday night anime doesn't get appreciation due to the lack of it among the team working on Toonami.

JoJo the Animation might be perfect for this if it didn't have copyrighted names.

As long as they have SARA. I mean, we all know there's gonna be new anime, it's just a matter of time that I, at least, am willing to wait. I also think that they'll never do any mini-sodes like the Intruder. It just doesn't seem like something [as] would go for.
So yeah, if SARA joins the fray (i'm willing to wait forever) I'd die a happy young adut. :roll:
"I'm glad we had this talk, now shut the hell up."

Postby Mr. Sefrol » Sun Aug 12, 2012 10:27 am

Holy.

Toonami reviewed Slender

That's freakin awesome.
"Cogito, ergo es eggo." A.K.A. "I think, therefore you are a waffle."
An Optimist

Postby Wulfespinndel » Wed Aug 15, 2012 4:11 am

I'm going to change the title of the thread. I think we all know Toonami's going to stay, no?
Reset. Recalibrate.

Re: The Toonami Thread

Postby SiddtheKidd » Thu Aug 16, 2012 4:49 am

I liked the motivational intermission they recently did. Really glad to see that making a come back. as for the time starting, I don't mind boondocks and black dynamite as to me they have a good mixture of action and other things. would be better if they had those two shows and another hour of the cooler shows of adult swim (harvey birdman, superjail etc) starting toonami at 11 with two more anime shows. Eh a guy can dream.

Postby Kawauso » Thu Aug 16, 2012 7:54 pm

Oh please no. No Black Dynamite please. Boondocks is on the fence as it stands with me but no Black Dynamite.

Postby Yog » Thu Aug 16, 2012 8:20 pm

Why.

They're both good shows.
Resident Old God

Postby SiddtheKidd » Thu Aug 16, 2012 8:36 pm

Yog wrote:Why.

They're both good shows.

This. I don't see why not, they don't have to be part of toonami and they only come on during the weekend. It's a nice break from the crud that comes on adult swim during the week.

Postby Wulfespinndel » Sat Aug 25, 2012 7:59 pm

Hey guys, it's me again, here's some news for you guys from Toonami and NeoToonami:

As some of you may know, Toonami made schedule changes and we now have the Lucky 7's, consisting of shows Samurai 7 and Eureka 7, showing at 12:30 for Samurai 7 and 1:30 for Eureka 7. Also, I've read that the popularity of Deadman Wonderland in Japan has caused it to be cut short by 12 episodes, so we won't be see the last 12 of the season. Bleach will no longer be filler, so we'll finally get to see more canonical episodes which lead up to the end of the Bleach anime itself. Here's Toonami's Lucky 7's promo.

NeoToonami has also done schedule changes as well, but it's no ordinary schedule change; NeoToonami now starts at 7 PM and ends at 10 PM. Like Toonami, NeoToonami has also changed their line up as well. Beginning September 3, NeoToonami will now be showing DragonBall Z last before the broadcast ends. New shows added to the line up include Sakura Wars, Soul Eater, and Samurai Jack, so NeoToonami will be saying farewell to Spectacular Spider-Man, PowerPuff Girls Z and Gurren Lagann. Oh, and NeoToonami also has a promo for their live stream too.

I'm digging the line up NeoToonami's got. Eureka 7's a show we've all seen before, so the schedule change here is nothing special at the moment, however being someone who has been quite absent from all the Toonami goodness a decade back, I've heard that this was something Toonami once did, and that they're doing it again, and that's great.

In other news related, topics related to Toonami have been trending. Hell, it's not just two or three hash tags. Although it was announced on the 19th of August, it's still pretty big. This is what we're talking about:

#toonami
#samurai7
#Casshernsins
#eureka7
#ghostintheshell
#FmaBrotherhood
#outlaw star
#bringbacksarah

Lastly, here are some bumps for everyone here to enjoy If you haven't seen them. If you haven't been keeping up with the block, I've included some from July too:
TOM tells Moltar a story
Life Advice
To Hell With Fear
Skyrim: Dawnguard Dawnguard 8/10, Skyrim 100/10
Catherine 8/10
Slender ???/10

And that's all I have for you guys today. I'll be posting more stuff as time goes on.

2 Toonami's are better than one.

Later.
Reset. Recalibrate.

Postby SiddtheKidd » Tue Sep 04, 2012 3:32 am

This overdose of Toonami's got me hyped! the line ups are alright I'm just glad it's back and in two :D

Postby Wulfespinndel » Tue Sep 04, 2012 6:52 pm

Also, there are talks recently about Toonami acquiring more shows for Funimation. A lot of people at the Toonami forum at the [as] boards were quite excited.

EDIT: HOLY SHIT. LUCKY BASTARDS.

Anime News Network wrote:Turner Broadcasting System Asia announced on Tuesday that it will launch a multi-language Toonami channel in early 2013 across Southeast Asia.

Toonami, which is based on the same programming block on Cartoon Network, will be a 24-hour channel that Turner Broadcasting System Asia describes as "the ultimate home of the superhero." The channel will feature anime and animated action-adventure series. The official announcement noted that the channel's line-up will include Dragon Ball Z, along with other animated series such as Young Justice, and Batman: The Brave and the Bold.

Sunny Saha, the Senior Vice President and Managing Director for Entertainment Networks at Turner International Asia Pacific Limited, said, "our aim is to make Toonami a socially-charged, multiplatform experience for fans, by fans. We'll invite input from viewers on everything from programming to showcasing fan art submissions on-air and online."

Turner Broadcasting System Asia will also launch the Cartoonito channel that will feature animation catered to younger viewers aged 3-7.

Adult Swim, the cable and satellite network that is paired with Cartoon Network, relaunched its Toonami programming block in the United States in May. Cartoon Network had previously ended Toonami in 2008 after an 11-year run.

AAAAAGGGGHHHH WHY NOT HERE?!?!?!
Reset. Recalibrate.

Postby Wulfespinndel » Fri Sep 28, 2012 8:09 pm

Demarco announced that Toonami's getting expanded. Take a look at the schedule here for yourself:

12:00 a.m. Bleach
12:30 a.m. Samurai 7
1:00 a.m. Casshern Sins
1:30 a.m. Eureka 7
2:00 a.m. Sym-Bionic Titan
2:30 a.m. Thundercats
3:00 a.m. FMA Brotherhood
3:30 a.m. FMA Brotherhood
4:00 a.m. Ghost In The Shell
4:30 a.m. Ghost In The Shell
5:00 a.m. Cowboy Bebop
5:30 a.m. Cowboy Bebop

So new shows added to the line up as shown are Sym-Bionic Titan and ThunderCats. Bebop is now at the five o' clock hour with FMA and Ghost in the Shell on the 3 and 4 o' clock hour.

Sorry for the double post, but this is something significant. Symbiotic Titan was discontinued after a season, but with this announcement, is it likely that it will return again for another season?
Reset. Recalibrate.

Postby Mon-Kitsune » Fri Sep 28, 2012 8:51 pm

Rosso Rose wrote:Demarco announced that Toonami's getting expanded. Take a look at the schedule here for yourself:

12:00 a.m. Bleach
12:30 a.m. Samurai 7
1:00 a.m. Casshern Sins
1:30 a.m. Eureka 7
2:00 a.m. Sym-Bionic Titan
2:30 a.m. Thundercats
3:00 a.m. FMA Brotherhood
3:30 a.m. FMA Brotherhood
4:00 a.m. Ghost In The Shell
4:30 a.m. Ghost In The Shell
5:00 a.m. Cowboy Bebop
5:30 a.m. Cowboy Bebop

So new shows added to the line up as shown are Sym-Bionic Titan and ThunderCats. Bebop is now at the five o' clock hour with FMA and Ghost in the Shell on the 3 and 4 o' clock hour.

Sorry for the double post, but this is something significant. Symbiotic Titan was discontinued after a season, but with this announcement, is it likely that it will return again for another season?

I have no information one way or another, but I tend to doubt it. 2:00am isn't usually a slot AS uses for premiere episodes; those are usually clustered a lot earlier in the night. Yes there was a brief period where they were showing new episdoes of Code Geasscat 5:00 AM, but I think that was when they were planning to simply discharge those episodes left they were contractually obligated to broadcast. Usually shows where they have new episodes end by 2:00 at the latest and the rest of the night is "classic" anime.
And a question of my own, anyome have any info on what (if anything) they are planning to replace Cassern Sins with when they run out of episodes of that in about 5 weeks?
"For I have heard the Song of War, and to me, it sounds just like "Please, Mister Custer.""

Cogito Ergot Sum, "I think there is something wrong with this rye bread." (Aplogies to Seafrol.)

Postby Wulfespinndel » Sat Sep 29, 2012 1:14 am

No news yet of what anime is replacing Casshern. However, going a few tweets back in Demarco's twitter, there's been some anime adult swim's acquired and they haven't disclosed what exactly they are. I believe that Eureka 7 and Samurai 7 may have been 2 of 5 or 6 anime that adult swim has acquired for the block.

As for the schedule, I have some doubt as well. If there happens to be any bumps from the September 30th broadcast that have Sym-Bionic Titan and Thundercats in them I'll post them in the thread here just to confirm it.

This is very significant to the block. Soon enough, I'll see to it they get back to their roots when they show anime and cartoons again. I would also love to see a more mature take on the 2011 Thundercats.
Reset. Recalibrate.

Postby SiddtheKidd » Sun Sep 30, 2012 4:44 am

^ schedule is true, starts next saturday.
< this guy is hyped! hopefully they fill in those full hour slots at a later time, so many shows to add. I'm so glad Symbionic titan as back :D

Postby Wulfespinndel » Sun Sep 30, 2012 5:08 am

I saw the bump too, I can't wait as well.
Reset. Recalibrate.

Postby Rushira » Thu Oct 04, 2012 4:54 pm

I'm DVRing the heck out of both (my mom would go nuts if i'm up til 2). I love Sym-bionic and I never got around watching the new Thundercats entirely, so this is great!
Maybe Tartakovsky and CN will settle their differences if all goes well? SBT was a great show, their falling out sucked for alot of people...

Postby Wulfespinndel » Fri Oct 26, 2012 8:35 pm

Okay guys for Daylight Savings Time, Inuyasha episodes 1 and 2 are going to air according to Jason DeMarco on his twitter account. He also mentions an easter egg too.

https://mobile.twitter.com/Clarknova1/s ... 0789400576
Reset. Recalibrate.

Postby Wulfespinndel » Sun Nov 18, 2012 3:42 am

Hello everyone. Sorry that it's been awhile since any significant updates. Anyways, here's some stuff for the month of November.

During my absence, a change in the lineup has occurred once more with the Toonami block.

I'm kind of late on this since I haven't visited the Toonami section of the [as] forum for awhile. But starting December 1st, a new show will be added to the lineup taking the 12:30 AM time slot, so a change will occur once more, although the new show has not been confirmed yet. I'll keep you guys posted If anyone's interested.

As for anything Toonami related that's happened during November, it has been revealed that both TOM3 and TOM4 are separate characters and not the same person in the TOM4 transmission. A paid celebrity endorsement Halo 4 review (LOL) and a Borderlands 2 review was given a 9/10.

So what do you guys think of the line up so far? Any thoughts what shows could fit the Toonami block so far? And what's your opinion towards Tenchi Muyo GXP If you've never seen it?
Reset. Recalibrate.

Postby Rushira » Mon Nov 26, 2012 1:41 pm

They changed it AGAIN! Now Naruto is back and at 12:30, its not Naruto S but at least I'll FINALLY get to see the ending of Naruto in english. Besides, given the promo, I'm hoping its uncut :) Dont know what they're doing to Tenchi though, is it over? I dont watch it so I can't be sure if they're moving it or whatever.
EDIT: Here's the promo: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0BCNSU9WNFw
(Also, The TOM transmission, awesome!!! Im wondering if they're going into storylines again...)

Postby Wulfespinndel » Mon Nov 26, 2012 7:20 pm

Yeah, that's what I've heard too. And yeah, since this is adult swim, definitely gonna be uncut. They should air it without the fillers like Bleach. That would be grand.

Although I'm not a fan of Naruto, it would be a pleasure to see it uncut. I'd watch the series online but I like it when my shows are on television instead.
Reset. Recalibrate.

Postby Xendyl » Mon Nov 26, 2012 9:50 pm

I hope the infamous "90 episodes of Naruto filler" doesn't contribute in taking down Toonami again. Granted, it'll probably take almost two years to get to that point, but still...

Postby Wulfespinndel » Mon Nov 26, 2012 10:20 pm

Heck no, I don't think that'll be a problem now that they're starting all over.
Reset. Recalibrate.

PreviousNext

Return to Bleed Forum (Comics and Animation)