My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic!

The forum for Bleedman fans! Feel free to discuss other comics and cartoons, as well.

Moderator: Mod Squad

Re: My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic!

Postby Dibullba » Thu Nov 22, 2012 2:08 am

Rina-chan is by far the best female voice actress on the internet to date imo. Will definitely be interesting.

Postby Mr. Sefrol » Thu Nov 22, 2012 9:09 am

The game is by no way better than most other NISA titles... but it is different. It sure targets an "interesting" audience. And Johnny Yong Bosch was in the game as well, so there's that. I'd sure be happy working on anything with that guy.

Anywho, back to ponies.

"Cogito, ergo es eggo." A.K.A. "I think, therefore you are a waffle."
An Optimist

Postby Grivous » Thu Nov 22, 2012 10:10 am

Speaking of dubbings and stuff:

I didn't know if EqD accepted dubbings made to another language without being English but I had sent the dubbing that I made of "The Pony: An Unexpected Journeigh" with my brothers.
They answered saying that it was a nice dubbing, but nothing posted yet; as anyone could expect. Hehe
In this dubbing, I made StarSwirl's voice while my brother made the Diamond Dog's and my older sister made Clover, The Clever's(thank you bros!).
We translate the words to Portuguese("The Pony: An Unexpected Journeigh" to "O Pônei: Uma Jornada Inesperada"; "Next December" to "Próximo Dezembro"; etc) with Adobe After Effects but unfortunately any of us could sing the music.

Firstly I contacted with GalaxyArt if I could move forward with my little project and he allowed to continue it. He even liked the video! That made me very happy.

My next little project is dubbing this trailer.
Contacted with Jenomorph since some days ago, now I am dying waiting for his answer.

Grivous.
Grivous

Postby Dibullba » Fri Nov 23, 2012 1:26 am

Postby Grieffon » Fri Nov 23, 2012 8:08 pm

Oh boy, Grivous will go crazy over this

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ConyeXm8MC4&feature=plcp

Postby Mad-Mutt » Fri Nov 23, 2012 9:04 pm

Grieffon wrote:Oh boy, Grivous will go crazy over this

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ConyeXm8MC4&feature=plcp

Octavia: "That was dreadful."

Me: "That was adorable!"
Bark

Postby Grivous » Sat Nov 24, 2012 5:55 am

Haha, that was very adorable!

Hm, that is how you pronounce "Cello"? Almost like "Tchello"? I thought it was kinda like "Cielo"(Sky, from Spanish)...

Grivous.
Grivous

Postby Mon-Kitsune » Sat Nov 24, 2012 7:19 am

Grivous wrote:Haha, that was very adorable!

Hm, that is how you pronounce "Cello"? Almost like "Tchello"? I thought it was kinda like "Cielo"(Sky, from Spanish)...

Grivous.

Yes, it is prononce "chello". Wikipedia has a bit about the etomology of the word
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cello

UPDATE

Thoughts on Today's episode
   1. I'm a little surpised at Babs Seeds accent. Since I have to assume she is Mr. and Mrs. Orange's child (I don't think the Apple clan have any other family members in Manehattan). I'd have expected her to have Larchmont Lockjaw, like them. I know it fits the character better this way, but it is odd.
2. A-Team reference (music while they put together the golden apple

3. Rarity makes edible boots?   
"For I have heard the Song of War, and to me, it sounds just like "Please, Mister Custer.""

Cogito Ergot Sum, "I think there is something wrong with this rye bread." (Aplogies to Seafrol.)

Postby Grieffon » Sat Nov 24, 2012 1:10 pm

I like how they made the song look like a music video.

Possibly the best reference ever?

Episode's 1080p link.

Postby J-Dude » Sat Nov 24, 2012 3:54 pm

Yeah, the edible boots thing needs to be explained...

Because all that's coming to my mind is that it's part of her Moonlight Edible Lingerie collection that she sells in the "back room." Rarity canon for town exhibitionist?

I like this episode though. It had a great song, best the CMC have taken part in, per my opinion. It's got a very appropriate anti-bullying message that even delves into possible bully psychology. Plus, the CMC plot a Carrie-style attempted murder scenario. Okay sure, nobody got hurt and it was probably just to humiliate Babs, but they still locked her in a huge float and rigged it to roll off a cliff...   
Harry intentionally used the occlumantic link to see Voldemort's thoughts. He was flicking lit matches at Lucius Malfoy.
"Your pain bores me," said Darth Nonose. "Go fetch Severus. I have some death for him."
Wazit_Blade: "Gah! J-Dude just invaded the thread!"

Postby Lady Haru » Sat Nov 24, 2012 4:16 pm

really loved this Babs character, i hope we see her again (though that's probably unlikely)

i also really like the anti-bullying message here
it also shows that one shouldn't give in to peer pressure
very nice episode indeed

if you look on DA, there is already a HUGE amount of fanart, i quite like these:
Children can be so cruel... (Spoiler Image)
Humanized Babs (Spoiler Image)   
ImageImage
Art // Literature // Tumblr // Dreadful Comics
Alopunk - Haru, you are 200% a cutie patootie
Tuor - Black lipstick must be messy
Yog - Stay strong, Haru
Love lost until found

Postby True Order » Sat Nov 24, 2012 4:18 pm

What is it about seeing a new episode that feels soooo surreal?

Anywho:

Someone care to explain Babs Seed's name? Was it created purely to be a pun on bad seed? Or does it actually mean something?   
"Finish what you started human!" - Kamaji from Spirited Away
Overthinker

Postby Grieffon » Sat Nov 24, 2012 4:24 pm

S3 seems to give a lot of material for grimdark works.    This episode we had the CMC try to push someone off a cliff, and even though it's not a vertical cliff and it's not that high, in the beginning it still gave me the impression "wait what, are they trying to kill her?"   

Anyway, the song was great, and apparently it was originally a hard rock song. Maybe we will get to hear it someday.

Postby dj1107 » Sat Nov 24, 2012 4:46 pm

Oh for the love of god Diamond & Silver! Why do you insist on being little bitches? No one cares that you guys have daddy issues or that you have shitty cutie marks! You guys are not the Crust cousins or the Yogman twins were they can pretty much get away with murder, If you mess with the CMC your bound to get karma!

That aside this was an ok episode.
Pizza mozzarella, Pizza mozzarella, rella rella.

Postby Alopunk » Sat Nov 24, 2012 5:03 pm

True Order wrote:Anywho:

Someone care to explain Babs Seed's name? Was it created purely to be a pun on bad seed? Or does it actually mean something?   

And is it just me, or is anyone else having trouble saying her name? It just doesn't sound right... kind of wonky.
   I really hope "Babs Seed" isn't just a name pun on Bad Seed. That's too mean lol. For all we know it's probably also something apple related... or possibly orange related. AJ's fancy orange family are from Manehattan, aren't they?   
Lord Soth: ^ That one does have a fascination in making people more sparkly.
Sable: And here I thought the sparkles you added to everything was cocaine.

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Not much of a punk.

Postby Dibullba » Sat Nov 24, 2012 5:53 pm

The name Babs Seed is essentially used as a pun for bad seed, but the name Babs at least has something to justify it. Babs is essentially a name that would have been common in the Bronx. Her accent is a Bronx style as well to essentially justify the way they named her. So put simply, create a pun through clever characterization.   

Postby Mon-Kitsune » Sat Nov 24, 2012 6:25 pm

The name Babs Seed is essentially used as a pun for bad seed, but the name Babs at least has something to justify it. Babs is essentially a name that would have been common in the Bronx. Her accent is a Bronx style as well to essentially justify the way they named her. So put simply, create a pun through clever characterization.   [/quote]

Ironically, Bab's is nicer than the real "Bad Seed" (the one from the movie and/or the play). She's just a bully, the real one was a psychopath (for those who have never seen the movie, the little girl over the course of a the movie kills a little boy by bashing him on the head with her tap shoe and throwing him in a lake to drown (because he won a medal she though she deserved) shoves a handyman (who see her burning her now bloodstained tap shoes) in the incinerator, throws her grandmother down the stairs to break her neck and so on   

J-Dude wrote:   Yeah, the edible boots thing needs to be explained...

Because all that's coming to my mind is that it's part of her Moonlight Edible Lingerie collection that she sells in the "back room." Rarity canon for town exhibitionist?   

My issue isn't so much that Rarity makes edible clothing as that she decided on boots. If you were trying to make clothing you could eat, boots/shoes would probably be the LAST choice you would make, they are after all, the bit of your clothing that is pretty much guranteed to touch the dirty ground. The lingere idea is fun, but most people don't wear boots with thier lingere (well not unless things are getting REALLY kinky, and they did describe the boots as "emergency food" which doesn't really "fit" with marriage enhancements.
As for Rarity being the town exibisionist, that's a little questionable. She's probably the oldest of the Mane 6 by several years, and is therfore the most likey to actually have a sexual history. On the other hand, some of her reactions in the show do seem to indicate she has a rather prudish streak in her, exibistionism may be beyond her embarrasment threshhold. Besides, as the video showed, it is TWILIGHT who likes things a little kinky.   
"For I have heard the Song of War, and to me, it sounds just like "Please, Mister Custer.""

Cogito Ergot Sum, "I think there is something wrong with this rye bread." (Aplogies to Seafrol.)

Postby Grieffon » Sat Nov 24, 2012 8:00 pm

Mon-Kitsune wrote:   Besides, as the video showed, it is TWILIGHT who likes things a little kinky.   

Am I missing something here?

Postby Mon-Kitsune » Sat Nov 24, 2012 10:03 pm

Grieffon wrote:
Mon-Kitsune wrote:   Besides, as the video showed, it is TWILIGHT who likes things a little kinky.   

Am I missing something here?

I was referring to the youtube video (can't seem to find it, but i was posted here earlier, where Twilight levitated the ball gag into frame   

Postby Kusang_Manalo » Sat Nov 24, 2012 10:09 pm

Woohoo episode 4! My first animation intern job. 11:21 - 11: 25

Only animated 2 scenes in this episode though. A great experience for a guy who just started animating in Flash :]
"Screw the social dogma of the intended demographic. If the show is for little girls then that makes me a bitch." - PanPizza
Not-an-animator

Postby Mad-Mutt » Sat Nov 24, 2012 10:14 pm

I don't think this counts as a spoiler since it has almost nothing to do with the plot, but did I see the Doctor and Derpy at the movies together?
Yay!
Bark

Postby Grieffon » Sat Nov 24, 2012 10:32 pm

Kusang_Manalo wrote:Woohoo episode 4! My first animation intern job. 11:21 - 11: 25

Only animated 2 scenes in this episode though. A great experience for a guy who just started animating in Flash :]

Nice. You still work there?

Mon-kitsune wrote:   I was referring to the youtube video (can't seem to find it, but i was posted here earlier, where Twilight levitated the ball gag into frame   

You mean this one? But how do you give a theory on canon based on a fan made video?   

Mad-Mutt wrote:I don't think this counts as a spoiler since it has almost nothing to do with the plot, but did I see the Doctor and Derpy at the movies together?
Yay!

No, that was Cloud Kicker.

Postby Mad-Mutt » Sat Nov 24, 2012 10:47 pm

Cloud Kicker... dammit. Oh well, at least we still have that one Balddumborat tumblr for our Doc/Derpy cute stuff.

Also I think I may be the only here who actually likes Diamond Tiara. She's such a bitch I can't help but think she's funny.
Now just to show some DT love and maybe piss some people off (not my intention) here's some adorable Diamond Tiara arts.
How cute: http://felix-kot.deviantart.com/art/Dia ... -269532251

Look at that face: http://lockiesajt.deviantart.com/art/Di ... -278836581

I knew it!: http://viraljp.deviantart.com/art/Diamo ... -294849702

And lastly Diamond Tiara Ruler of HEll: http://mad-mutt.deviantart.com/art/Diam ... -314140022
This last one is one of mine and its from what I like to call, "my not so good at drawing days" but I still think its funny.
Bark

Postby Kusang_Manalo » Sat Nov 24, 2012 11:19 pm

@Grieffon: Yeah, it's my first project at Top Draw. I had a good experience learning flash animation while in that show. Still not efficient at it but it was a sweet ride.

Just curious, what do you guys think if the CMC song montrage?
"Screw the social dogma of the intended demographic. If the show is for little girls then that makes me a bitch." - PanPizza
Not-an-animator

Postby Mon-Kitsune » Sun Nov 25, 2012 1:13 am

Grieffon wrote:
Mon-kitsune wrote:   I was referring to the youtube video (can't seem to find it, but i was posted here earlier, where Twilight levitated the ball gag into frame   

You mean this one? But how do you give a theory on canon based on a fan made video?   

Technically I'm not, I was just pointing out that the odds off Rarity being an exibitionist is about as likely as canon as that video. NEITHER is likely true   

PreviousNext

Return to Bleed Forum (Comics and Animation)