My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic!

The forum for Bleedman fans! Feel free to discuss other comics and cartoons, as well.

Moderator: Mod Squad

Re: My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic!

Postby Kusang_Manalo » Sat Nov 17, 2012 9:08 am

One pinkie is one too many as it is.
"Screw the social dogma of the intended demographic. If the show is for little girls then that makes me a bitch." - PanPizza
Not-an-animator

Postby Marquis de Soth » Sat Nov 17, 2012 11:02 am

That was some straight up Sorcerer's Apprentice style of chaos by the end.   
Marquis de Soth

Postby Grieffon » Sat Nov 17, 2012 11:18 am

That was just downright crazy...

Lyra will be really jealous after this. Also, a spell turning everything into orange, that can go wrong in so many ways    (brilliant spoiler comic).    Also, it's official that Pinkie Pie can control gravity at will, weakening it or ignoring it completely.   

And amazingly, there's a fic about    Pinke watching paint dry   

Kusang_Manalo wrote:Is the Tumblr's auto-ban a vote thing?

Yes, if enough people report a tumblr, it will be banned without people even checking if the report are legitimate. Fortunately JJ's fans spammed complaints and managed to bring Molly back

Postby Mon-Kitsune » Sat Nov 17, 2012 11:34 am

My thoughts
   1. Okay first, Pinkie "all ponies eat only plants" went to get eggs, and now she eats cheese? Her claim is looking weaker and weaker. Even if the cheese in ponyville is veggie renneted (given that regular rennet is gotten by yanking it out of the somachs of slaughtered lambs, kids, and calves, I just can't bring myself to believe they use it) Cheese is most definitely not a plant.

2. Anyone else think that PP's drawing style (on the "recognize ponies" pad looks a lot like the Ponies.MOV work? A serios fan nod? 3. I can't beleive that the "version 1 impression" was actually a legit part of an episode (I assumed it was a gag hub had done for the commercial)
4. Was the other mare at the Barn Rasing Apple Fritter? (I always get the other members of the clan confused)   
"For I have heard the Song of War, and to me, it sounds just like "Please, Mister Custer.""

Cogito Ergot Sum, "I think there is something wrong with this rye bread." (Aplogies to Seafrol.)

Postby Marquis de Soth » Sat Nov 17, 2012 11:51 am

Mon-Kitsune wrote:   2. Anyone else think that PP's drawing style (on the "recognize ponies" pad looks a lot like the Ponies.MOV work?   

You're not the only one, I got that notion too.
Marquis de Soth

Postby Maru » Sat Nov 17, 2012 11:56 am

Grieffon wrote:And amazingly, there's a fic about    Pinke watching paint dry   

Here, a dramatic reading.
My DA
My Soundcloud (WARNING: May contain flat singing of Vocaloid songs)
Feathers: hiatus'd
Merry Christmas Bitch

Postby Grieffon » Sat Nov 17, 2012 1:06 pm

Mon-Kitsune wrote:   2. Anyone else think that PP's drawing style (on the "recognize ponies" pad looks a lot like the Ponies.MOV work?   

Which part was that?

And here's something rather disturbing: the frog and the bird are still oranges, and oranges don't last that long. They will either rot or grow into trees.

Fluttershy's dream has a possibility.   

Postby Biostar » Sat Nov 17, 2012 1:58 pm

@Griefton:    After Pinkie leaves the cave with all the new clones, she uses a drawing of Applejack to practice names. I kinda see it.

Am I the only one who was kinda startled by how Twilight eliminated the Pinkies? I just thought she would seperate them, not make them EXPLODE!   

Postby Kusang_Manalo » Sat Nov 17, 2012 2:34 pm

Remember how Finn destroyed those cute piggies with destructive wands. MLP probably got the idea from that. :]

@Grif: Good thing that person had very supportive fans. Distubring how "many" hated his guts. Can't be THAT many...
"Screw the social dogma of the intended demographic. If the show is for little girls then that makes me a bitch." - PanPizza
Not-an-animator

Postby Grieffon » Sat Nov 17, 2012 3:26 pm

Biostar wrote:@Griefton:    After Pinkie leaves the cave with all the new clones, she uses a drawing of Applejack to practice names. I kinda see it.

Am I the only one who was kinda startled by how Twilight eliminated the Pinkies? I just thought she would seperate them, not make them EXPLODE!   

Oh I notice it now, it really looks like HDD's work.

And no, you are not the only one. This episode has a lot of disturbing things. Just to recap:

1. Twilight turned a bird and a frog into oranges, and never turned them back. They will end up getting eaten or grow into bird tree and frog tree, which sounds a lot like something from Discord.

2. There might a lot of magical artifacts lying around Equestria that can lead to disastrous results. Imagine Discord using the lake. Or Twilight. STUDY STUDY STUDY STUDY STUDY STUDY STUDY STUDY STUDY STUDY STUDY STUDY STUDY STUDY STUDY STUDY STUDY STUDY STUDY STUDY.

3. Rainbow Dash is the first pony to notice that physics shouldn't work in Pinkie's way.

4. Fingers. I find it a lot more disturbing than the G3 face. And of course, someone have to make this.

5. Twilight's way of making the clone disappear looked like she was killing them. Let's just hope that the spell only work on those who have used the mirror, and not just anyone.   

Finally, a very neat detail from the episode: Caramelldansen (the one in the lake). Also, that's the only 1080p link as of current.

Anyone who watched the episode should get the joke.

Postby dj1107 » Sat Nov 17, 2012 3:52 pm

Well that was by far the most horrifying episode I've ever seen........

It's like 1 Pinkie is fun but multiply that & you just want to shoot yourself.
Pizza mozzarella, Pizza mozzarella, rella rella.

Postby Biostar » Sat Nov 17, 2012 7:19 pm

Poor, poor Lyra (episode spoiler)

Postby Mad-Mutt » Sun Nov 18, 2012 2:24 am

Mr. Poniator has a new animation up. I think AJ almost calls Twilight a bitch at the end of this one.

http://mrponiator.deviantart.com/art/To ... -338345220
Bark

Postby Saint Soul » Sun Nov 18, 2012 6:48 am

hillarious.
"Small muscles, big brain, the heart of a lion."
—Anthony DiNozzo on Timothy McGee
User formaly known as Soulchild

Postby TheLivingCouch » Sun Nov 18, 2012 6:04 pm

Maru wrote:
Grieffon wrote:And amazingly, there's a fic about    Pinke watching paint dry   

Here, a dramatic reading.

Funny how that come's up again after this episode. It was a good one to, and Mic does such a great reading of it. That being said I laughed so much harder at that scene after having read that one. Also, is it just me or does no one seem to be talking about the fact that    Spike seems to be hiding books from Twilight now? What the heck is that all about?   

Postby Mon-Kitsune » Sun Nov 18, 2012 6:21 pm

TheLivingCouch wrote: Funny how that come's up again after this episode. It was a good one to, and Mic does such a great reading of it. That being said I laughed so much harder at that scene after having read that one. Also, is it just me or does no one seem to be talking about the fact that    Spike seems to be hiding books from Twilight now? What the heck is that all about?   

I'm not sure    it's entirely spike. Remember Twilight simply resides at the Ponyville Library, she didn't build it. So that means that the hidden cubbyholes were already there before she came. For what purpose? And while it is possible that spike simply stumbled upon them while cleaning, he hasn't done all that much of that outside of Twilights eye. So I tend to think that someone tipped him off as to thier location, probably Celestia or Luna. I'm beginning to wonder if spike sometimes gets messages from one or the other that are for his eyes only since he is a sending an recieving post, it would be a simple matter for him to get a message not for Twilight by telling them to send it at a time when Twilight was asleep, or known to be out. A quick spit up, a quick read a bit of regular fire to burn the message (or magic fire to send it back, say if it needed a response) and the message stays safe. Whatever Twilight is preparing for, Spike seems to be in on it   
"For I have heard the Song of War, and to me, it sounds just like "Please, Mister Custer.""

Cogito Ergot Sum, "I think there is something wrong with this rye bread." (Aplogies to Seafrol.)

Postby Biostar » Sun Nov 18, 2012 9:44 pm

Really? From his expression, Spike looked surprised at seeing the secret compartment to me. He didn't go directly to that shelf, so I doubt he knew the location. It would also be very convenient for Spike to be tipped off to the location of a book with a solution to this specific problem caused by Pinkie Pie, who's all things random. Unless the book plays a role later on this season, I don't think there's any conspiracy going on.   

Postby Mr. Sefrol » Mon Nov 19, 2012 8:37 am

Found some videos.

Lord of the Rings Re-enacted by ponies

And something completely different. HOT MINUTE!

Fluttershy Rainbowdash being asked questions for a minute.

I see them most likely having ones for all of them.
"Cogito, ergo es eggo." A.K.A. "I think, therefore you are a waffle."
An Optimist

Postby Grieffon » Mon Nov 19, 2012 2:30 pm

So many things can spawn from that single episode

Finger generation
Twilight caring
Pinkie ate the cheese... did she?
Apple to orange

Also, ask Jappleack just completed. I recommend everyone to give it a try, as the later part is nothing like the .mov videos. Start from the bottom of page 5, then move from there to the first page.

Postby Mr. Sefrol » Tue Nov 20, 2012 12:11 pm

From the same person that did that "Twilight Caring" comic...

came this...

Holy.

I like this guy.
An Optimist

Postby Grieffon » Tue Nov 20, 2012 4:46 pm

That scene in particular has inspired a lot of grimdark work, such as this one: Alternate ending

Anyway, it's a little late, but I just noticed that The Crystal Empire premier seemed to be influenced by TLoR more than any other episodes. The crystal empire looks very similar to Isengard, and Twilight trapped in the castle was a preference to Gandalf imprisoned in the tower.

Also, (a lot of people probably noticed already) King Sombra has a lot in common with Sauron. Both
- were stripped of their physical forms
- were more of an "evil presence" than an actual villain
- were after an object of power (the One Ring/Crystal Heart)

And here's something new:

Under the Sparkling Sea: “Celebrated artist Mary Jane Begin introduces fans to a brand-new land in the world of My Little Pony – the underwater city of Aquastria”

Can't really say I like the style, but it's ok. More info here

Postby Dibullba » Wed Nov 21, 2012 1:17 am

Postby Saint Soul » Wed Nov 21, 2012 2:04 am

"Small muscles, big brain, the heart of a lion."
—Anthony DiNozzo on Timothy McGee
User formaly known as Soulchild

Postby Dibullba » Wed Nov 21, 2012 5:31 am

You dun Glitched the forum

Postby Mr. Sefrol » Wed Nov 21, 2012 8:26 am

Recently I discovered Rina-chan, a big name in plenty of internet voice acting parts in and out of the brony community, landed a gig voicing the main character in a NISA title called Mugen Souls.

So now I'm just waiting for someone to make Mugen Souls ponies.
An Optimist

PreviousNext

Return to Bleed Forum (Comics and Animation)