The deadly "SEVEN SIN"

The forum for Bleedman fans! Feel free to discuss other comics and cartoons, as well.

Moderator: Mod Squad

The deadly "SEVEN SIN"

Postby Light10s » Sat Nov 10, 2012 9:08 pm

Truly they are a deadly weapon even hero's find it difficult to overcome them.

Re: The deadly "SEVEN SIN"

Postby Grieffon » Sat Nov 10, 2012 9:11 pm

... And? Did you put in a wrong place?

Postby Light10s » Sat Nov 10, 2012 9:30 pm

When i started reading SNAFU comics i noticed a page in "Grim Tails" that mentioned the "Seven Sins" Then i started reading another story in a manga website that also mentioned it. And i Saw how the protagonist were reacting to one or two of them. It took most of their courage just to over come them, but the damage they did while under the influence of those sins was far greater then they thought they could handle.

Postby Blood Lord » Sun Nov 11, 2012 12:26 pm

You have no idea what the Seven Deadly Sins are, do you?

It s a religious thing, mostly with Catholics, but it identifies seven carnal desires of man that lead to ruin. The currently version of the sins are wrath, greed, sloth, pride, lust, envy, and gluttony. If a hero is trying to overcome any moral challenge, it is usually dealing with one or more of these traits, which are viewed as carnal and evil. They're good to work off of in fictional stories, and manga, like Fullmetal Alchemist.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Seven_deadly_sins

So what point are you trying to get at here? If you are just making a statement, its pretty stupid.
Stufflikehearts - He is a Sith Lord. I love Blood Lord :3
Jeffffey - Blood, you look at the information someone says, look over what really happened, and reply in a way that makes them realize what they were really thinking.
Light10s - Blood Lord! Your avatars are becoming more epic. You make me feel like getting on all fours and submitting my loyalty and obedience to you.
Fievel - Numerous campaigns and conquests, countless bodies decaying after the abandonment of victorious battlefields. Such is the life of Blood Lord.
Dusk_Imp - Blood Lord is like a celebrity here. Everything he does is pure awesome. ALL HAIL BLOOD LORD
Doctress Who - Why couldn't there be a Blood Lord in every forum? It would make life so much easier.
Mercypostle

Postby Light10s » Sun Nov 11, 2012 3:54 pm

Blood Lord wrote:You have no idea what the Seven Deadly Sins are, do you?

It s a religious thing, mostly with Catholics, but it identifies seven carnal desires of man that lead to ruin. The currently version of the sins are wrath, greed, sloth, pride, lust, envy, and gluttony. If a hero is trying to overcome any moral challenge, it is usually dealing with one or more of these traits, which are viewed as carnal and evil. They're good to work off of in fictional stories, and manga, like Fullmetal Alchemist.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Seven_deadly_sins

So what point are you trying to get at here? If you are just making a statement, its pretty stupid.

Hey hey hey let's not start an argument here, my point is how many hero's have you read about be it cartoon, manga, anime, DC, Marvel [any kind really] have encountered these Sins and/or have tried to over come them in their best efforts, and i can only remember one or two .................. books where a hero encountered a villain or trial that involved the "Seven Sins" and when he got out of that mess he was completely out of his mind for a couple of week, then he was back to normal as if the incident never happened.

(And yes i know what they mean thank you very much)

Postby BeeAre » Sun Nov 11, 2012 6:27 pm

The Seven Deadly Sins manifest themselves constantly in media. Is that the point of this thread?

It looks like you meant to reply to someone, but posted a new thread instead.

http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/M ... DeadlySins

Look on TVTropes. They have literally dozens examples of those sins appearing in media. :P

Was there something else you wanted to discuss, or was the intent of this thread a question on whether or not the Seven Deadly Sins are frequently seen in media.

Because I can tell you: Yes, they are.
Snafu Comics' Forum Alpha Bro, Staff Writer, Editor, Image, and Keeper of the Jar Brain of Secret President. RIP Ku Ku Ku \(-^.^-)/ U Wuz A REAL N***A!!!!!!!
"We're quite aware of this. BR is no happy rainbow face man. He is simply our neighborhood best fucking poster." ~ Warbear
Puff Most Epic.
Ladies and Gentlemen, The:
BR

Postby Blood Lord » Sun Nov 11, 2012 11:14 pm

Light10s wrote:Hey hey hey let's not start an argument here

How am I starting an argument with you? I was just trying to find out what you were trying to get at.

Light10s wrote:"Seven Sins"

You don't need to color your text here. Its hard to read. Just leave it white, and then please go read the rules on coloring your font.

Light10s wrote: my point is how many hero's have you read about be it cartoon, manga, anime, DC, Marvel [any kind really] have encountered these Sins and/or have tried to over come them in their best efforts

Many, as shown by BR. And if you bothered to read my previous post:
Blood Lord in his last post wrote:If a hero is trying to overcome any moral challenge, it is usually dealing with one or more of these traits, which are viewed as carnal and evil.

Is there anything on the Seven Deadly sins you would like to discuss or are you pointing out things?
Jeffffey - Blood, you look at the information someone says, look over what really happened, and reply in a way that makes them realize what they were really thinking.
Light10s - Blood Lord! Your avatars are becoming more epic. You make me feel like getting on all fours and submitting my loyalty and obedience to you.
Fievel - Numerous campaigns and conquests, countless bodies decaying after the abandonment of victorious battlefields. Such is the life of Blood Lord.
Dusk_Imp - Blood Lord is like a celebrity here. Everything he does is pure awesome. ALL HAIL BLOOD LORD
Doctress Who - Why couldn't there be a Blood Lord in every forum? It would make life so much easier.
Mercypostle

Postby Light10s » Mon Nov 12, 2012 3:40 pm

i'm out of options than i try coming up with a conversation about something to see if there are some people who can relate and it back fires and now i got nothing. heheheh WOW this job is harder than i thought. (Start laughing while in a complete blank) hey if any of you guys are reading this help a guy out buy giving him some pointers on how a thread works cause he's lost heheheh..!!!

Postby Blood Lord » Mon Nov 12, 2012 4:01 pm

Well, what did you want to discuss here? The theme of the Seven Deadly Sins in fictional stories? I guess we could but I don't know what you're looking for out of this. Do you want us to name stories that use them in the story, or comment on their usage? Personally I like the comment on their usage part. I don't really like using the seven deadly sins as a plot tool because my favorite plot device is when the hero becomes the villain; Darth Vader, Arthas, etc.

Now if you want help to better navigate the forums, I would be glad to help out. Feel free to send me a Private Message, or a PM. This can be done by selection the little "PM" button at the bottom of my post. You can also ask me questions in threads if you want. I'm usually around pretty regularly.

The purpose of threads are to provide order and conversations. Threads have a topic where the boundaries of conversations are established and forum members are expected to remain within these lines. You can usually tell what they are about by the title. The Opening Poster, the OP, establishes the thread. The fourm is divided into sections, each section has threads that relate to its overall topic. this is Bleedman's section, anything bleedman-ish goes in here. There is a video game section where people in the community discuss the latest games, each video game having its own purpose.

Then there are sections where the OP, for lack of better words, controls the thread. Such as in the Art and Literature section, the OP is the story writer/artist and displays his or her own work in their own thread. Then there is the RP Section, where people like playing role-playing games go. Once an RPG has been approved, the Game Master or "GM", starts a thread for the players to gather and another for the game to actually take place. These threads are governed more by the player, then in here. Where you making a post here sets the topic of conversation, but that is the limit of your power.

Read these they should prove useful.
viewtopic.php?f=2&t=8987
viewtopic.php?f=2&t=628
Mercypostle

Postby Numa430 » Mon Nov 12, 2012 4:34 pm

Can we please lock this piece of shit of a thread up?
Under the bed

Postby Blood Lord » Mon Nov 12, 2012 4:40 pm

Not yet. Lets give the OP a chance to respond, and clearly explain what they want with this thread. Perhaps this is salvageable, and its the most active thread in the section.
Mercypostle

Postby Light10s » Mon Nov 12, 2012 10:25 pm

Do you want us to name stories that use them in the story, or comment on their usage?
yeah sure what stories can you name that involve these sins.

I don't really like using the seven deadly sins as a plot tool because my favorite plot device is when the hero becomes the villain; Darth Vader, Arthas, etc.

Now that you mention it i remember this one here who turned dark side because he fell victim to one of the "Seven Sins" (PRIDE) [Super Man] he got so full of him self and full of pride, that a villain came and took advantage of that "Sin" and turned him darkside and made him kill almost everyone in the galaxy......wait......or....was it the earth he ended of killing? .......Ah whatever it was, when he came to himself he fell victim to another "Sin" (WRATH) he was so angry at the guy he hunted him down and beat the @#$% out of him and i think he killed him. anyway he was one of many other hero who also fell victim to one or two "Sins" and the consequences were not to good can you guys name any?

Postby Numa430 » Mon Nov 12, 2012 11:59 pm

What is the point of keep posting on this?

It does not make any more sense.
Under the bed

Postby Blood Lord » Tue Nov 13, 2012 12:05 am

You quote people by hitting the little quote thing on the top of their post, or when you go to the "Post Reply" button, you simply highlight the quoted text, and hit the quote button in there. Its next to code.

Numa Katzroy wrote:What is the point of keep posting on this?

It does not make any more sense.

Your lack of faith disturbs me. We have a limited number of users that are slowly disappearing until this place is going to look like a ghost town. Until the registration opens back up, we need to keep as many people on as long as possible until we get new blood. That means helping people out, encouraging newer members to stay and contribute, and not being complete asshole towards them. Try to understand them, help them understand what the hell is going and how to use this god damn forum before you just fucking shut everything down.

Its starting to make sense, progress is happening. He/She wants to discuss the usage of the Seven Deadly Sins as a pot device in fiction and examples of stories that its played a role in because it was an interesting topic to them.

Things would be going a lot better, Numa, if you were helping and not being an asshole. You don't need to call out on locks like this. If nothing happens, it will just float to the bottom.
Mercypostle

Postby Numa430 » Tue Nov 13, 2012 12:15 am

Ah okay.

I should've known better by now on what happened.
Under the bed

Postby Blood Lord » Tue Nov 13, 2012 12:17 am

Its no problem. Don't worry about it.
Mercypostle

Return to Bleed Forum (Comics and Animation)